HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 10:22 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
It's amazing to think the flyers skill level if couts and schenn work out well. I mean imagine what this team looks like if schenn is a 70 pt player...
It's a tough situation though.

In order to maximize Schenn's potential, we should be trying to develop him as a Mike Richards-esque center.

In order to maximize our roster's potential, we should be trying to develop him as a Shane Doan-esque winger.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
It actually a really good team. I just am totally against trading Couts. If we can trade Read instead for Ryan then I would do that, but I do not want to trade Couts
Fair enough. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him, but for a guy like Ryan I would (assuming Shattenkirk is offer sheeted).

Old
06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Fair enough. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him, but for a guy like Ryan I would (assuming Shattenkirk is offer sheeted).
Are we still down to offersheet Shattenkirk?

Old
06-13-2013, 10:33 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Not at 6.8 million that someone suggested.....

Old
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I think we could still be in play. Streit is not a long term solution by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Not at 6.8 million that someone suggested.....
That's the only way they get him, and at that I still think the Blues match.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:53 AM
rWoHockeyman88

Curiosity question, because I'm rather indifferent on this one, but do we consider going after Letang now that Malkin got the extension?

Old
06-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
So it would be better to sign Shattenkirk to a giant offersheet, losing at least a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rd pick if not more, than get Rundblad on the cheap because Shattenkirk is a year or two ahead in his development? They are similar type players; right handed PMDs. This is the problem with the cuurent Flyers thinking: it is better to overpay for immediate results than to patiently develop for a season or two.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Unstable

Letang is going to be way overpaid. Probably by the Pens. Regardless, I don't want him.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:59 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
So it would be better to sign Shattenkirk to a giant offersheet, losing at least a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rd pick if not more, than get Rundblad on the cheap because Shattenkirk is a year or two ahead in his development? They are similar type players; right handed PMDs. This is the problem with the cuurent Flyers thinking: it is better to overpay for immediate results than to patiently develop for a season or two.
No, I'm not in favor of trading for Shattenkirk or Rundblad anymore based on the price to acquire them honestly.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:03 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWoHockeyman88 View Post
Curiosity question, because I'm rather indifferent on this one, but do we consider going after Letang now that Malkin got the extension?
He's rumored to be looking for $7-8M a year so I hope not.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:04 AM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Even if they had the cap space, that is a whole lot of cap space for Letang.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
rWoHockeyman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Oh lord jesus, ain't nobody got time for that!

Old
06-13-2013, 11:37 AM
flyingsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
It's amazing to think the flyers skill level if couts and schenn work out well. I mean imagine what this team looks like if schenn is a 70 pt player...
Honest to god, without a sieve in goal, the sky is the limit for this team. The amount of raw talent we have is enviable to say the least. Just need to be patient. Therein lies the problem...

Old
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Going to throw this under a "rumor" type of post. Up to mods if they want to leave it or not (since I'll be quoting a person I dont think is recognized as a "source")

According to TheFourthPeriod though:

Quote:
In order to fit Streit's new deal under the cap next season and make additional roster moves, Holmgren plans on buying out the contracts of center Danny Briere and goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov

According to a league source close to the situation, the decision to buy out both players was made once Philadelphia's season ended, and while there has been internal debate over buying out Bryzgalov, such a move will be made shortly after the conclusion of Stanley Cup Final.

Teams are allowed a total of two compliance buyouts, to be used this off-season and/or next summer, and those figures will not count against the salary cap.

TFP first reported the Flyers' decision on Briere on May 23.

Briere, 35, has an annual salary cap hit of $6.5 million for the remaining two years of his contract, but is owed only $5 million in actual salary -- $3 million next season and $2 million in 2014-15. He would be owed $3.333 million over the next four seasons.

The league source also indicated that the decision to buy out Bryzgalov's deal isn't fully related to money, as "he's disliked by many" of his teammates.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi130613.html

Goes on to state that we are still after Yandle (which Im hoping we are not) and the team is looking to grab a guy to replace Briere (my guess is a guy like Ryder via FA)

Old
06-13-2013, 12:30 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Going to throw this under a "rumor" type of post. Up to mods if they want to leave it or not (since I'll be quoting a person I dont think is recognized as a "source")

According to TheFourthPeriod though:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi130613.html

Goes on to state that we are still after Yandle (which Im hoping we are not) and the team is looking to grab a guy to replace Briere (my guess is a guy like Ryder via FA)
Wow. As much as I hoped Bryz was going to be bought out, I didn't really think it would happen. I was excited when they brought him in. Defended him for his entire first season (and part of this season). I've been over it for a while. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I don't like the fact that it says we're finalizing a 4 year extension with Streit

Old
06-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
I am calling BS on the Yandle rumors. With Timonen and Streit, the Flyers already have two left handed PMD's in their top 4, unless they plan on putting one of them on the 3rd pair at over $5 mil a year.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I believe that report. I was thinking to myself that Bryz is the type of guy with a personality you either love or hate. It happened in Phoenix and it happened in Philly. I just don't think he's a good teammate. At times he threw them under the bus even if the defense sucked in front of him he still shouldn't have made the comments he has in the past in the media.

Last edited by Alchemy: 06-13-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Grammer error
Old
06-13-2013, 12:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Letang would be a great addition, but Pittsburgh would never trade him to Philadelphia. I don't think there's any way they trade him at all.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I am calling BS on the Yandle rumors. With Timonen and Streit, the Flyers already have two left handed PMD's in their top 4, unless they plan on putting one of them on the 3rd pair at over $5 mil a year.
The only thing I can think of is that they are looking to maybe move someone like Coburn. That being said though, too many puckmovers, not enough defensive defenders.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Agree. Also with the growth and development of Gus. I don't see them trading for Yandle. Mez is the odd man out and I see him traded for a modest return.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that they are looking to maybe move someone like Coburn. That being said though, too many puckmovers, not enough defensive defenders.
I think Cobbie stays. He had a down year but there is no way they move him and keep Mez who can't even stay healthy.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:11 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

I have a bad feeling that with the cap space gained from buying out Briere and Bryz, Homer is going to give Clarkson a big contract

Also, who replaces Bryz? Would we bring in Backstrom and a short-term deal? And don't say Mason because he's not a shoe-on to be this team's starting goalie at this point in time.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I think Cobbie stays. He had a down year but there is no way they move him and keep Mez who can't even stay healthy.
a down year? Coburn has gotten progressively worse ever since his eye injury

Old
06-13-2013, 01:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I don't know, I think it is a good mix. If they got Yandle, th epairings would presumably be something along the lines of this...

Timonen-Yandle
Schenn-Streit
Grossmann-Coburn

Schenn and Grossmann are strictly defensive D-men. Yandle is offense and Streit is offense. Coburn and (moreso) Timonen are a little of both.

That being said, I think if they land Yandle then Mez and Coburn would both be traded.

EDIT: I don't know what PHX is looking for for Yandle, but do you think it would be possible to get him without giving up Couturier/Read/Schenn? As I have said in the past, I would probably be ok giving up Cuoturier (which I know is not a popular sentiment), but obviously I would prefer not to. I wonder if the deal included Mez or Coburn (or both) what the Flyers would have to add to get Yandle...

Closed Thread