The YETI - Soderberg

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Curls13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
All I know is they must have thought highly of him to go through hoops to get him signed. If they don't put him in and next year he does prove to be a key contributer, they are going to have some serious splainin to do if they lose this series.

True Story.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
All I know is they must have thought highly of him to go through hoops to get him signed. If they don't put him in and next year he does prove to be a key contributer, they are going to have some serious splainin to do if they lose this series.
Julien has 100% call on the line-ups. There is no "they" in this situation --it is all on Julien.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:28 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Soderberg would have scored if he had the same opportunity Dawg did.

CHI likes to roll their lines the same way Boston does, so getting that 3rd line going is vital. Segs to 1st line RW, Soderberg to 3rd line LW with Kelly and Pevs, Dawg 4th line C.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:26 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

CHI likes to roll their lines the same way Boston does, so getting that 3rd line going is vital. Segs to 1st line RW, Soderberg to 3rd line LW with Kelly and Pevs, Dawg 4th line C.
Yep, I wasn`t on board with Sods being inserted when Soupy went down, but now, potentially with a top 6 player out, it`s almost a "have to" situation. Not sure how he`ll react to the Cup finals pace and physicality but....guess we may see

Old
06-13-2013, 08:35 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

I disagree, that was a great defensive play by Oduya to tie his stick up there.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:04 AM
EverettMike

It would have been almost impossible for Soderberg to have been worse last night than Daugavins.

FREE THE YETI!

Old
06-13-2013, 09:06 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I don't know. He got him initially but KD had a nice second swipe at it too and flubbed it. Not to mention, had he just one-timed that pass from Seguin instead of going to the backhand, he almost definitely had a goal. Easy to say from the couch, but still....

Old
06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
sarcasm, or...?

Old
06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
BruinInTexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
I don't know. He got him initially but KD had a nice second swipe at it too and flubbed it. Not to mention, had he just one-timed that pass from Seguin instead of going to the backhand, he almost definitely had a goal. Easy to say from the couch, but still....
This

Old
06-13-2013, 10:10 AM
pucky

I think he should be inserted into the lineup. Any chance he is in if Horton can't go?

Old
06-13-2013, 10:10 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
I think he should be inserted into the lineup. Any chance he is in if Horton can't go?
100% chance I'd say. Line 3.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
If he or Paille can play the off-wing and roll this

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron -Jagr
Soderberg - Rich - Paille
Dog - Kelly - Thornton

Old
06-13-2013, 10:18 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
If he or Paille can play the off-wing and roll this

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron -Jagr
Soderberg - Rich - Paille
Dog - Kelly - Thornton
I'd leave Paille at LW, move Pevs to RW and put Soderberg at C. Pevs can take faceoffs if necessary, but I think Yeti looked better at C than LW in the few games we saw him at the end of the season.

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Jagr
Paille - Soderberg - Peverley
Daugavins - Kelly - Thornton.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:19 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

I don't know if there will be enough glass to break in all our collective homes if Pandolfo gets the nod. Hahaha man that would be something.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns View Post
I'd leave Paille at LW, move Pevs to RW and put Soderberg at C. Pevs can take faceoffs if necessary, but I think Yeti looked better at C than LW in the few games we saw him at the end of the season.

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Jagr
Paille - Soderberg - Peverley
Daugavins - Kelly - Thornton.
Good point I forgot Soderberg played center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
I don't know if there will be enough glass to break in all our collective homes if Pandolfo gets the nod. Hahaha man that would be something.
I will not be happy if this happens.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:25 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

I think the odds of Soderberg playing C over Peverely in game 2 of the SCF is about 0%

Old
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
bp13

Quote:
Everyone insists we are sitting on some sort of gold mine when the people who made the effort to get him here aren't even putting him in the lineup!!! Can we please cut this out!!! He is not going to play. He did nothing in his audition to earn time over Caron at this stage. Nothing.

If this team loses this series it will have nothing to do with the lack of Carl Soderberg. Absolutely, positively nothing.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
chuckdobbins

Release....the Yeti

Old
06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
I think the odds of Soderberg playing C over Peverely in game 2 of the SCF is about 0%
But what about that goal he scored on Lars Gdflbnlgbnlsdnbsdlkn in January over in Sweden? Or when he deeked Sven Kvbsdbgbdvigvbsbd out of his pants that day last November?

You gotta get him out there!

Old
06-13-2013, 10:35 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Everyone insists we are sitting on some sort of gold mine when the people who made the effort to get him here aren't even putting him in the lineup!!! Can we please cut this out!!! He is not going to play. He did nothing in his audition to earn time over Caron at this stage. Nothing.

If this team loses this series it will have nothing to do with the lack of Carl Soderberg. Absolutely, positively nothing.
The only thing that Caron has going for him over Soderberg at this point is that he's actually played a game in the past month. That's the only reason I can see him getting in the lineup over Soderberg.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:35 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
They would??? One could argue, if he does play a significant role next year and is a key contributor it`s because he wasn`t thrust into duty too quickly.

He wasn`t the savior in his few regular season games, and to expect/believe he would be now wouldn`t be wise

Heard more than a few players speak about, especially when new or yet unfamiliar with the NHL playoff game some of the best lessons they learned was from their time watching upstairs

Old
06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:

I usually agree with your posts, but I don't here. I have no issue with Caron and I wouldn't be against him being brought out for Saturday's game, but I think Soderberg has way more skill and speed, and I think size, than Dog and would have better finish ability out there. What has Dog done other than execute a trick penalty shot? Other than that, he's really just a body out there. Soderberg got an assist in the few games he played and, aside from having some crazy legs, looked to have very good hockey IQ and awareness and a good shot. Don't see how you can be so assured that he would bring nothing to the table.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Old
06-13-2013, 10:51 AM
bp13

Quote:
The only thing that Caron has going for him over Soderberg at this point is that he's actually played a game in the past month. That's the only reason I can see him getting in the lineup over Soderberg.
1. He has played in the Bruins system a lot longer
2. He has played in the NHL for way more than 6 games
3. He has played PLAYOFF games at the NHL level

Frankly I can't think of one thing Soderberg has over Caron aside from the fact he led an inferior league in scoring. Are we that mesmerized by scouting reports from foreign leagues?

Give me the kid who has played actual playoff games on this team any day of the week before an unknown.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
I usually agree with your posts, but I don't here. I have no issue with Caron and I wouldn't be against him being brought out for Saturday's game, but I think Soderberg has way more skill and speed, and I think size, than Dog and would have better finish ability out there. What has Dog done other than execute a trick penalty shot? Other than that, he's really just a body out there. Soderberg got an assist in the few games he played and, aside from having some crazy legs, looked to have very good hockey IQ and awareness and a good shot. Don't see how you can be so assured that he would bring nothing to the table.
Seriously? Got an assist? You're hanging your hat on his one assist? And Caron doesn't seem to have decent hockey IQ and awareness? Seems like a steady 3rd-4th liner to me.

I'm fairly certain every option to replace Horton is going to be a spare part. If I had to choose I'd pick a guy who has played NHL playoff games before at this level. And I'd choose Caron over Pandolfo because Pandolfo is 85 years old. Soderberg looked like he had some hands in warmups, so that's great. In the games he was a non-factor. I'd like to see him get an offseason and a camp and then we can talk about what we have in him. I don't want him anywhere near a Cup Finals game.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
1. He has played in the Bruins system a lot longer
2. He has played in the NHL for way more than 6 games
3. He has played PLAYOFF games at the NHL level

Frankly I can't think of one thing Soderberg has over Caron aside from the fact he led an inferior league in scoring. Are we that mesmerized by scouting reports from foreign leagues?

Give me the kid who has played actual playoff games on this team any day of the week before an unknown.
Is Fabian Brunnstrom available??

Closed Thread