HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Johansen

Old
06-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Johansen played with Niederrieter Baertschi Rattie Morrow and Pouliot in his final junior season . Guy's numbers were inflated because of stacked team . So overated
You make it sound like those other guys are world-beaters. How about we try:

Niederreiter played with Johansen Baertschi Rattie blahjblah overrated blah.

Baertschi played with blahblahyakkityyschmakkitty

Pouliot played rubblerubblerubbleblahblah

See how much fun it is to make meaningless value judgements?

Old
06-13-2013, 07:37 AM
416Leafer

Columbus' most glaring whole is a need for a significant upgrade at centre...

WHY would they trade Ryan Johansen, a recent top centre prospect who's only going to be 21 going into next season? This is the age when a ton of players break out.

I don't see why Columbus would do this unless they were getting an equal or better centre / centre prospect in return, in which case why would the other team do it?

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Xoggz22

I suspect people would inquire because he was benched for the Last AHL playoff game so clearly people think his value has declined and Columbus no longer wants him.

Ryan played against the top centers in the west during a charge to make the playoffs. He was on the ice for critical face-offs with 1 min. to play. His defensive play really took off but his offense needs to catch up. Glimpses but not sustained. Granted, he played on a team pretty much devoid of offense....

He still has 1C potential and is valuable. Columbus certainly could move him but why at this point unless its for a C upgrade or in a package to get McKinnon.....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Burmistrov + 2013 2nd for Johansen?

Former 8th overall pick who, while not putting up great offensive numbers, has a great offensive game and still good upside at only 21 years old. Johansen would excel in a shutdown role in WPG and Burmi would get increased minutes in CBJ and get to play a bigger role.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Halifaxhab*

Plekanec for Johansen + a 2013 1st

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:48 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post

WHY would they trade Ryan Johansen, a recent top centre prospect who's only going to be 21 going into next season? This is the age when a ton of players break out.

I don't see why Columbus would do this unless they were getting an equal or better centre / centre prospect in return, in which case why would the other team do it?

Will play second line next year in the NHL; Book it.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
If Oilers fans think Johansens value is so low and could be had for mediocre deal then why is he wanted so bad. Do everyone a favor and stop bring it up, its ends the same way everytime and its getting pretty old. No we don't want Paarjavi, no we don't want to deal Johansen and Murray together for pretty much anything. Especially deals that will be suggested on here
People see a player who hasnt developed into a top center yet and think that maybe he'd be available, maybe Columbus thinks he wont turn out, maybe they've given up on him. It does happen but what they usually forget is that for a team to give up on a player that need a better option, someone they think is going to fill that position they were hoping the player was going to take. I dont see Columbus having a better option to take his place so he wont be traded for spare parts, from the Oilers it would likely start with Gagner if Kekalainen thought he could be a #1 on that team. Might make sense given some of their bigger wingers, Gagner might work really well with Gaborik.

Halibut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:33 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Johansen Johnson for Eberle 7th overall

CBJ later approaches some of the Top 4 draft teams with 4 1st round picks for one of the top picks.
A big no thank you.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:49 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I figure, as well as some intelligent folk over on the Jackets board, that Johansen alone would return between 8th and 10th overall.
That sounds about right to me... I personally wouldn't trade #7 for him straight up, but there is a short cliff at #8.

It's nothing against RJ, he may still end up better than Lindholm or Monahan, but I think a reasonable bet would have him topping out at a #2C, whereas Lindholm and Monahan are still shiney and have #1C potential.

Unfair as that may be, I think a reasonable, patient GM would prefer the greater upside #7 provides.

MacT on the otherhand needs to improve by Sept, and RJ probably does more in that direction than #7.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:51 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
It would take one of the big 4
It would not. There is no basis for that.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
Burmistrov + 2013 2nd for Johansen?

Former 8th overall pick who, while not putting up great offensive numbers, has a great offensive game and still good upside at only 21 years old. Johansen would excel in a shutdown role in WPG and Burmi would get increased minutes in CBJ and get to play a bigger role.
i said Burmi and their 1st with maybe something else going with Joey back...but Burmi's value is so low right now not sure what WPG values him at...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
People see a player who hasnt developed into a top center yet and think that maybe he'd be available, maybe Columbus thinks he wont turn out, maybe they've given up on him. It does happen but what they usually forget is that for a team to give up on a player that need a better option, someone they think is going to fill that position they were hoping the player was going to take. I dont see Columbus having a better option to take his place so he wont be traded for spare parts, from the Oilers it would likely start with Gagner if Kekalainen thought he could be a #1 on that team. Might make sense given some of their bigger wingers, Gagner might work really well with Gaborik.
Oddly, I don't see Gagner 1for1 being quite enough, or rather the right type of deal for CBJ. The size bias would be at play here, even though Gags could easily be the better center in the long run between the two (and he is right now, without a doubt).

That said... patience and hope would prevent CBJ from making that deal 1for1. But I could see something like:

To EDM: RJ + 14th + Boll
To CBJ: Gagner + 7th + 5th?

Old
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Oddly, I don't see Gagner 1for1 being quite enough, or rather the right type of deal for CBJ. The size bias would be at play here, even though Gags could easily be the better center in the long run between the two (and he is right now, without a doubt).

That said... patience and hope would prevent CBJ from making that deal 1for1. But I could see something like:

To EDM: RJ + 14th + Boll
To CBJ: Gagner + 7th + 5th?
i beg to differ...i didn't see Joe Thornton taken off the ice b/c Sam Gagner was too much to deal with...

and the trade offer i'm not a fan of...

Old
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i beg to differ...i didn't see Joe Thornton taken off the ice b/c Sam Gagner was too much to deal with...

and the trade offer i'm not a fan of...
You dont win hockey games by shutting down one player. Eventually you have to put up points to win games and at this point Gagner is definitely better at that than Johansen. It comes down to how a GM thinks these players will develop going forward. If Gagner with Gaborik puts up a ton of points it could really help the Jackets, and finding a defensive checking center is much easier than getting elite offensive production. Of course you might think that Johansen can develop into a very good offensive talent as well with a better defensive game. It's all question marks at this point which makes it really hard to determine value .

Halibut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You make it sound like those other guys are world-beaters. How about we try:

Niederreiter played with Johansen Baertschi Rattie blahjblah overrated blah.

Baertschi played with blahblahyakkityyschmakkitty

Pouliot played rubblerubblerubbleblahblah

See how much fun it is to make meaningless value judgements?
All them will have better careers than Johansen who is like I said so over rated.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
All them will have better careers than Johansen who is like I said so over rated.
Well, I guess we'll just have to be stuck with him and not allow him to drag down Edmonton.

Pity.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i said Burmi and their 1st with maybe something else going with Joey back...but Burmi's value is so low right now not sure what WPG values him at...
TBH Burmi's value shouldn't be as low as it is and I highly doubt that actual GM's value him the way fans do.

That said, we value him pretty high, not quite as high as Johansen but there isn't a whole ton of difference. That would be why I added a 2nd. If we were picking around 25+ and it was a worse draft year, I would have added a 1st.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Well, I guess we'll just have to be stuck with him and not allow him to drag down Edmonton.

Pity.
And I am more than happy with this

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
"Here is an unsupportable claim."

"Oh yeah, care to justify this?"

"Yes. Via this unsupportable claim."

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:53 AM
PuckInTheNards

Well this is a stupid thread. Edmonton fans propose to trade for a guy then spend the rest of the arguing that he's worthless. Why even create the thread?

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Well this is a stupid thread. Edmonton fans propose to trade for a guy then spend the rest of the arguing that he's worthless. Why even create the thread?
b/c its how EDM fans work lol...we go thru this with them over Johansen about once every 2-3 months...

Old
06-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Edmonton's not going anywhere in the standings until they improve on D and in goal. A lot of their fans don't seem to get that, however. Keep trying for that forward who's going to put you guys over the top, guys - lol.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Edmonton's not going anywhere in the standings until they improve on D and in goal. A lot of their fans don't seem to get that, however. Keep trying for that forward who's going to put you guys over the top, guys - lol.
I think you will be hard pressed to find any Oiler fan who does not understand this.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post

At 21 Gagner was consider a bust while playing in the NHL and putting up 40 Plus points . Funny a 21 year old that can not make the NHL is worth so much yet Gagner has no value . Change the name from HF to dream world .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote