Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The YETI - Soderberg

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
theswede2013

vCash: 500
A better arguement would be putting Caron in and Soderberg and scratching Dogman.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:18 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Seriously? Got an assist? You're hanging your hat on his one assist? And Caron doesn't seem to have decent hockey IQ and awareness? Seems like a steady 3rd-4th liner to me.

I'm fairly certain every option to replace Horton is going to be a spare part. If I had to choose I'd pick a guy who has played NHL playoff games before at this level. And I'd choose Caron over Pandolfo because Pandolfo is 85 years old. Soderberg looked like he had some hands in warmups, so that's great. In the games he was a non-factor. I'd like to see him get an offseason and a camp and then we can talk about what we have in him. I don't want him anywhere near a Cup Finals game.
I've always been a Caron advocate. I think my point was not so much that I wouldn't have Caron in there, but that I'd rather have Soderberg, as well, in place of Daugevins, who I don't think can add much value in this SCF.

BTW, yes, just based upon my brief observation of Soderberg, I think he has a solid skillset that would allow him to become even a 2nd line player. Not saying that Caron doesn't, but IMO Soderberg certainly does.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
Old
06-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Seriously? Got an assist? You're hanging your hat on his one assist? And Caron doesn't seem to have decent hockey IQ and awareness? Seems like a steady 3rd-4th liner to me.

I'm fairly certain every option to replace Horton is going to be a spare part. If I had to choose I'd pick a guy who has played NHL playoff games before at this level. And I'd choose Caron over Pandolfo because Pandolfo is 85 years old. Soderberg looked like he had some hands in warmups, so that's great. In the games he was a non-factor. I'd like to see him get an offseason and a camp and then we can talk about what we have in him. I don't want him anywhere near a Cup Finals game.
Actually, he had 2 assists, but who is counting? That's 2 assists in 6 NHL games while getting acclimated to the new ice surface. Daugavans who has played in North America for years has 1 goal and 3 assists in 28 total games this year. This team NEEDS scoring from its 3rd line and fast. I don't know if Soderberg can do it. Maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know is Dagavins can't and Caron hasn't.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:32 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
Actually, he had 2 assists, but who is counting? That's 2 assists in 6 NHL games while getting acclimated to the new ice surface. Daugavans who has played in North America for years has 1 goal and 3 assists in 28 total games this year. This team NEEDS scoring from its 3rd line and fast. I don't know if Soderberg can do it. Maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know is Dagavins can't and Caron hasn't.
Okay so that's a position I can understand.

Since Soderberg has some skill and succeeded elsewhere, what the hell? Take a flyer and see what happens. I'm okay with that completely.

I just get frustrated by folks who claim he "should" be in there like he earned it or is an obvious better option. He's not. He's just another gamble who might offer offense. That's fine. I wouldn't do it but it's reasonable.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:

Not to mention Soderbergs assist was actually a phantom one. He didn't even touch the puck on that goal.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
pucky

Quote:
Does Söderberg use his size to his advantage? If he does, I really think it's a no-brainer. The Bruins need some skill and speed so if he has the speed, he definitely has the size, too. He might not become the best player on the ice but surely, he can be more dangerous, offensively, than Daugavins? As long as his D is sound, he really should be in there? If Horton is out, then that is even more necessary, imho. Daug will probably stay in because of his experience. 'Coach probably won't bench him because he missed a glaring opportunity to win the game. He didn't have obvious turnovers leading to goals or scoring chances, did he? However, with another injury, they'll need another guy. Daug could be on thin ice, though.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:57 PM
patty59

Quote:
They've gotten to the final without the 3rd line. When the inserted Daugavins it was more for the PK replacement than looking for scoring. Not saying that we don't need that line to score, but it was a pretty obvious line of thinking for putting him in.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
But what about that goal he scored on Lars Gdflbnlgbnlsdnbsdlkn in January over in Sweden? Or when he deeked Sven Kvbsdbgbdvigvbsbd out of his pants that day last November?

You gotta get him out there!
Or when he scored a hat trick on Viktor Fasth?
(sarcasm smiley because he didn't actually score a hat trick on Fasth. I'm just making a point that SEL is not a scrub league, he's put up big numbers on goalies on par with Fasth, who finished this season with a GAA comparable to Antti Niemi - granted with fewer games played, but still)

Old
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswede2013 View Post
A better arguement would be putting Caron in and Soderberg and scratching Dogman.
And if Horton is fine to go in game 2 then play both plus Caron and sit frigging Kelly

Old
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Not to mention Soderbergs assist was actually a phantom one. He didn't even touch the puck on that goal.
He had two assists. I remember the phantom assist quite clearly. He did too touch the puck, a Florida(?) player touched it afterwards, which could have negated the assist, but didn't, because the player in question didn't have enough control over the puck to justify a whistle if his team had a delayed penalty, for example; he barely touched it along the boards and it went straight to Jagr, I think. Also, Söderberg provided the screen on that goal, so I think it was a more well-earned assist than most secondary assists in the league.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
They've gotten to the final without the 3rd line. When the inserted Daugavins it was more for the PK replacement than looking for scoring. Not saying that we don't need that line to score, but it was a pretty obvious line of thinking for putting him in.
That's wonderful they got this far without scoring from the 3rd line, but it probably would have been handy last night, no?

Old
06-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Montecristo

I think daugavins has looked pretty good since he has been in there. He probably should have just one timed that seguin pass but nevertheless he's had some chances which is more then a player like kelly has had. Jagr hasn't scored either even though he has had some bunnies but I don't want to bench him either. the puck will start going in for both of them if they keep putting themselves in good position. But the next discussion is if horton can not go in game 2 who do the Bruins put in as a substitute. I really don't want to see jordan caron in there, especially against a team with so much speed like the blackhawks, caron seems to have lead in his skates and he might not keep up. You replaced a PKer like campbell with another in daugavins. So now you lost a 1st liner in horton and are replacing him with seguin. Who would fit best on the 3rd line as the skill guy to replace seguin. Its either soderberg, caron or pandolfo. I don't think spooner is a black ace but if he is and has been skating I would put him in. If not I go soderberg. He's not very experienced at the NHL level but he's a mature responsible player. And all the practice on the small ice away from the games, who knows, maybe that has been enough for him to adjust to the playing surface. He led the SEL in scoring and I think that means he has the most offensive upside of the 3. But again, if spooner can play, i put him in. Very good year in the AHL and saad is the same age and is playing big minutes for the hawks right now.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
That's wonderful they got this far without scoring from the 3rd line, but it probably would have been handy last night, no?
They didn't need it last night. They took a 3-1 lead 6 minutes into the the third. That should have been enough and they should have shut the door.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:56 PM
patty59

Quote:
Of course it would have been handy, who could deny that? If you looked a the games they've lost in the playoffs so far this year it has had more to do with completely head-up-the-ass decision making than not getting anything out of the third line.

But yes, I agree, that 3rd line has been crap and needs to produce or at the very least play even and not in the minus like most of the year.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:58 PM
bruins repeat time

Quote:
Okay so that's a position I can understand.

Since Soderberg has some skill and succeeded elsewhere, what the hell? Take a flyer and see what happens. I'm okay with that completely.

I just get frustrated by folks who claim he "should" be in there like he earned it or is an obvious better option. He's not. He's just another gamble who might offer offense. That's fine. I wouldn't do it but it's reasonable.
x 100 I couldn't wait for him to get here but facts are facts he looked a little out of place . I am very hopeful on his future but if he is going to step in now he better be a better player than we saw. I really don't think we need to score too much on lines 3 and 4---we need lines that go out there and don't get dominated or scored on much . They have actually been doing a lot better since the first series but Im worried about them in this series and x 100 if tyler goes to line 1 and Nathans out although its sounding like we might see him again.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:10 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
x 100 I couldn't wait for him to get here but facts are facts he looked a little out of place . I am very hopeful on his future but if he is going to step in now he better be a better player than we saw. I really don't think we need to score too much on lines 3 and 4---we need lines that go out there and don't get dominated or scored on much . They have actually been doing a lot better since the first series but Im worried about them in this series and x 100 if tyler goes to line 1 and Nathans out although its sounding like we might see him again.
To be fair so have Kelly and Peverley. If you're going based on skill Soderberg is miles better than those two in that department and even though Soderberg has looked out of place he has been able to possess the puck for stretches at a time from what I saw.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
And if Horton is fine to go in game 2 then play both plus Caron and sit frigging Kelly
If Campbell didn't get injured I agree 100% but they still need Kelly for penalty killing IMO. Kinda sucks but I think its true.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
If Campbell didn't get injured I agree 100% but they still need Kelly for penalty killing IMO. Kinda sucks but I think its true.
They could find SOMEBODY else to kill penalties. I know realistically Kelly won't be sat, I just think he should.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
TheDit
Rookie User

Just get ready to be disappointed, everyone, if Yeti does get the call. He absolutely does NOT use his size advantage. We think he's got balls because he cross-checked a guy in the neck when he wasn't looking. I am right here with everyone else in thinking he was a good pickup. He's got speed and loads of talent. But not ready for NHL primetime. Not yet. He needs a whole preseason camp and lots of action to rev up to fully-realized potential, and he needs to experience the aggression in this league compared to his old one. It's a smaller rink; it's faster and it's more competitive. People are hemming and hawing at Segs being a baby lately and not getting dirty in front of the net or in the corners. Did you SEE the few games Soderberg played for us? Dude got folded over every time it got at all physical. Not good timing at all to bring him in now, during the most important time of the entire season.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:23 PM
bruins repeat time

Kelly doesn't look out of place or a step behind. Pevs looks a step slower than the old pevs but not out of place. You guys just keep looking at the score sheet. Id love to see a third line of sods spooner--apparently he is the same age as saad so he is the same player as him and caron. Some of you guys actually think they would be a better line on june 14th 2013. We just held the penguins to 2 goals in 4 games although that took a ton of luck it also took a great group effort by EVERYONE

Old
06-13-2013, 04:24 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
Kelly doesn't look out of place or a step behind. Pevs looks a step slower than the old pevs but not out of place. You guys just keep looking at the score sheet. Id love to see a third line of sods spooner--apparently he is the same age as saad so he is the same player as him and caron. Some of you guys actually think they would be a better line on june 14th 2013. We just held the penguins to 2 goals in 4 games although that took a ton of luck it also took a great group effort by EVERYONE
They could have, and would have, beaten the Penguins without Kelly or Peverley

Old
06-13-2013, 09:57 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDit View Post
Just get ready to be disappointed, everyone, if Yeti does get the call. He absolutely does NOT use his size advantage. We think he's got balls because he cross-checked a guy in the neck when he wasn't looking. I am right here with everyone else in thinking he was a good pickup. He's got speed and loads of talent. But not ready for NHL primetime. Not yet. He needs a whole preseason camp and lots of action to rev up to fully-realized potential, and he needs to experience the aggression in this league compared to his old one. It's a smaller rink; it's faster and it's more competitive. People are hemming and hawing at Segs being a baby lately and not getting dirty in front of the net or in the corners. Did you SEE the few games Soderberg played for us? Dude got folded over every time it got at all physical. Not good timing at all to bring him in now, during the most important time of the entire season.
Soderberg stepped on the ice basically after landing at Logan hours earlier; it was all new to him; all. He's been here practicing and acclimating himself to everything from A to Z for months now. Different set of circumstances. You could have written the same warning about Krug and it would've made perfect sense, too--until it was actually tried.

Soderberg deserves a shot to be inserted at this point. (That's what she said.)

Old
06-13-2013, 10:07 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
As much as I dislike what we are seeing from Kelly /Peverley, at this point you can't put BOTH Caron and Soderberg in. There is a better chance that Kelly will find his game than there is of those two having any kind of impact.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:13 PM
misterjaggers

Caron's too slow and the Yeti ain't ready.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

We must play him. I just went to Sweden and Finland a few weeks ago screwing this kid over doesn't sit well with me and reeks of arrogance to not play one of Sweden's best players instead of Thornton (ineffective w/o GC) or some scrub who deked into the goalie on an empty net in OT.

Closed Thread