HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Colorado (not again!)

Old
06-12-2013, 06:57 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Yup. I like Stastny as a player, I'd love to him on the Leafs, but there is no way he is worth anywhere near what Avalanche fans think he is.

A player with that cap hit, that close to UFA, that production, is simply not worth a top prospect+.
Does this mean we get to keep him and leafs fans will stop making proposals for him? *prays*

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:59 PM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
Nobody wants Clarke MacAurther. NOOOOOOOBODY

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:02 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Does this mean we get to keep him and leafs fans will stop making proposals for him? *prays*
Nobody is forcing you to open said proposals. You choose to, only to ***** about them involving Stastny.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:07 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Yup. I like Stastny as a player, I'd love to him on the Leafs, but there is no way he is worth anywhere near what Avalanche fans think he is.

A player with that cap hit, that close to UFA, that production, is simply not worth a top prospect+.
It's more about what he's worth to us, I think a lot of Avs know/realize no one is going to give us a Gardiner type player for Stastny.

However we don't want a collection of lesser players either. We need quality not quantity.

The only way Stastny is traded is if he either WILL NOT sign an extension and/or we end up with a center out of this draft.

Even then, there is a chance O'Reilly is the one traded all things considered. Especially because O'Reilly is more likely to get us the asset we need to fill the holes in our roster.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
The previous post stated that Gardiner was good in the playoffs, after being less than stellar previously. If the first 75 games point to him being a capable 2nd pairing guy, then the 12 games where he showed a little more don't make him a proven 1st pairing guy. That's the point, not that Gardiner isn't good.
Gardiner needed to refine his game and he did that in the AHL. When he got called up the last time he looked like he got over that hump and looked more then good in his last stint. He's young and has a high ceiling and if he breaks out like he finally looks like he's ready to do and Toronto Trades him for the likes of Stastny then Dave Nonis deserves to be strung up and whipped in public. There is no benefit for Toronto in a trade like this, and Gardiner is defiantly worth more then a guy who produces at the rate of a 2nd line center and gets paid like a top tier center in the league.

Joey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Avsman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57 View Post
While I agree the trade is stupid, I like how you claim Mac has barely broken 30 points. He had over 40 points last year, was on pace for 40 this year and he'd be top 4 in scoring on the Avs last 3 seasons. Not too shabby for a guy who barely gets 30 points.
My apologies a guy who has barely broken 40pts a year on a higher scoring team in the east.
Stastny 467 games 398pts Compared to
MacArthur 403 games 213pts

Who would you rather have?

Avsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsman12 View Post
My apologies a guy who has barely broken 40pts a year on a higher scoring team in the east.

MacStastny.

He available?

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Avsman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mak View Post
Nobody wants Clarke MacAurther. NOOOOOOOBODY
my point exactly, leafs have to mid level player that another team would want, its either kessel, phaneuf, gardiner, or lupul and leafs fans think they are all the next crosbys

Also lets not forget that Stastny went up against Malkin for the Calder

Last edited by Avsman12: 06-12-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: add to
Avsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:45 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
12 games (really 18) isn't enough because you've decided that his previous 75 games are irrelevant? That's some tricky mathematics you got there.
Yes, because it only takes one season in the NHL for a player to become proven. It's not like any young player in the history of the NHL has ever had one good season and never struggled or regressed in their career.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:51 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
It's cute that Avs fans think Stastny has high value, let alone being worth more than Gardiner, for a guy with a cap hit of $6.6 mil, having 1 more year on his contract, and hasn't broken 60 points in 3 years.

Stastny barely has more value than Grabovski.
Recent trade history disagrees with you. Stastny produced aprox. 400 pts in 470 games. He's done this while playing on a bottom feeding team. He's worth more than you give him credit for.

Silly of Avs fans to want a young top 4 defenseman in return for a top 6 forward.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
cgf

Quote:
Nobody is forcing you to open said proposals. You choose to, only to ***** about them involving Stastny.
I do open proposals about my team, and when i see a proposal that makes absolutely zero sense for my team I comment on that. Or are you suggesting that Leafs fans wouldn't comment on a thread about trading Morgan Rielly for McGinn, Vincour and a 2nd round pick? If leafs fans don't want to read avs fans explaining why their proposals that don't help the avs, don't help the avs, they should start making proposals that make sense to the team they're trying to get a player from instead of just making sense for the leafs.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:15 PM
avsfansince95

Stastny for Rielly, Bozak's rights and second (becomes a first if Bozak doesn't sign with the avs)

avsfansince95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
Stastny for Rielly, Bozak's rights and second (becomes a first if Bozak doesn't sign with the avs)
As if the thread wasn't littered with enough poor trade suggestions... let's add another.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Recent trade history disagrees with you. Stastny produced aprox. 400 pts in 470 games. He's done this while playing on a bottom feeding team. He's worth more than you give him credit for.

Silly of Avs fans to want a young top 4 defenseman in return for a top 6 forward.

Too bad most of those points came in his first few seasons, the last few not so much.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
avsfansince95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
As if the thread wasn't littered with enough poor trade suggestions... let's add another.
Yeah you're right. I was reluctant to say Reilly and Gardner for Stastny but I didn't want leaf fans to get upset but clearly my first trade was too one sided and that is the trade necessary to get Stastny out of Colorado. Sorry if I upset you with my original proposal.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
are you joking or are you trying to get this thread locked? I hope it's one of those two and you were not actually serious.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:36 PM
avsfansince95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
are you joking or are you trying to get this thread locked? I hope it's one of those two and you were not actually serious.
LOCK IT UP nothing good comes from these

Old
06-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Inverted
RIP Hughesy

I would have given up Gardiner + or Rielly + for Stastny had played like a 1C which he hasn't in recent memory and please don't bring up stats from 2 years and prior because by that logic Kulimen is still a 30 goal player.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

You know what would be awesome? If the mods would dole out infractions for "Stastny to Toronto" proposals. Far more interesting and productive than these threads.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
I would have given up Gardiner + or Rielly + for Stastny had played like a 1C which he hasn't in recent memory and please don't bring up stats from 2 years and prior because by that logic Kulimen is still a 30 goal player.
If Stastny was playing like a 1C that package wouldn't be close to enough for Stastny.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Fogelhund

The problem in this thread, and most others is the fan bases over value their players.

Leafs fans see declining stats for Statsny, and assume it is a player in decline. Avs fans see his best year, and value him as such.

Avs fans see Gardiner, and stats that don't say much. Leafs fans who have watched him, assume that because he dominates offensively at times, and had 5 points in six games in he playoffs, that he is a future Norris candidate.

The truth is Statsny has had terrible linemates, and is likely a strong #2, or even a weak #1 C with the right players. The truth on Gardiner is that he is a young D, who has holes in his D game, that was being worked on in the AHL. His offensive talents and skating are elite level.

Nobody from either team will ever agree on trading their golden eggs, even though as a hockey trade, both teams would likely benefit from this.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:44 PM
cgf

The problem is that even in these down years playing behind Dutchy and Radar with crappy wingers staz has still gotten himself into the top 30 for center scoring, while being a really good faceoff guy, two-way player and playmaker, who's stats rise and fall immensely with the quality of the finishing by the wingers who set him up. So we have absolutely no desire to lose that guy if the team can just re-sign him instead. Especially now that we have the pick to set our defensive core for the future so we no longer need to go out and find that illusive EJ partner.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:44 PM
cgf

*that he sets up

Old
06-13-2013, 04:04 PM
chet1926

Look Toronto/Colorado Stastny proposals always end the same.

Toronto fans act like they don't want Stastny because, he supposedly sucks now, and is overpaid. Which isn't the case because he doesn't suck, I will admit he is overpaid by about a million.

Even last year when Stastny was placed on the 3rd line center duty with absolute garbage for wingers (mainly Palushaj, Jones, Mitchell etc.) he was able to produce at a .6 pts/game pace. Which over 82 games is approximately 50pts. This doesn't even factor in how a vast majority of his starts were in the defensive zone and he was given 2nd PP time.

Think about that Leaf fans our 3rd line center produced at a 50pts clip over 82 games. Your 3rd center produced at a 29 pts pace over an 82 game schedule. I'd say Stastny did pretty darn well comparatively speaking. Maybe, just maybe if Stastny was given opportunity to play 2nd or 1st line minutes with better linemates he'd be closer to a 65pts+ center. Which is not too shabby.

Am I saying Stastny amazing god like player that should return all world package in a trade. NO. What I am saying is that people need to do research before making outlandish comments. Stastny is still a top 2 center on 95% of the teams in the league including Toronto. Unfortunately he plays on a team in the 5% where he is slotted behind two better centers. The Avs aren't just going to roll over and trade him for spare parts of average to moderate draft picks. Teams trading for him should be prepared to part with at least one part they really don't want to. You still have to give some to get some.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:12 AM
holden57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsman12 View Post

I didn't compare the two players at all.... What I said was if you're going to comment on a player, especially his stats (which by the way is never a good comparison tool), at least do a quick google search first.

holden57 is online now   Reply With Quote