HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Johansen

Old
06-13-2013, 01:42 PM
candyman82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
At 21 Gagner was consider a bust while playing in the NHL and putting up 40 Plus points . Funny a 21 year old that can not make the NHL is worth so much yet Gagner has no value . Change the name from HF to dream world .
Since when is shutting down some of the best centers in the game "not making the NHL"?

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Tough to gauge johans value after his spring ahl meltdown...not sure the oilers want to add an entitled young guy who thinks he's already arrived as a #1 center to that locker room - could see major issues between him and nugent hopkins. Justin schultz + ryan johanson = two biggest young divas we've seen in some time...yeah Howson drafted him but its still mctavish's show.

They have enough skill, but I could see them trading for some heart and soul lunch pail guys like derek mackenzie, cody bass, etc

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 02:35 PM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

from the Canucks, Edler and 26th overall for Johanson, Savard and the 14th overall

JayBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 02:45 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeautiful View Post
from the Canucks, Edler and 26th overall for Johanson, Savard and the 14th overall
Those pieces would move for scoring help, not more defense.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
oilz89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Johansen played with Niederrieter Baertschi Rattie Morrow and Pouliot in his final junior season . Guy's numbers were inflated because of stacked team . So overated
Yeah because Niederrieters been such a beast ever since he started playing in the NHL.....

oilz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i said Burmi and their 1st with maybe something else going with Joey back...but Burmi's value is so low right now not sure what WPG values him at...
I wouldn't trade Burmie straight up for Ryan Johansen. As dissapointing as he's been offensively he's still a much more proven and rounded player at this point in time.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
"Here is an unsupportable claim."

"Oh yeah, care to justify this?"

"Yes. Via this unsupportable claim."
He might have better career than Niederreiter but considering they were line mates and Johansen was so over hyped so was Niederrieter

Draft years Johansen .97 ppg 2010 draft
Niederrreiter .92 2010
Baertschi 1.29 2011
Rattie 1.18 2011
year after drafted

Johansen 1.46
Niederreiter 1.27
Baertschi 2.00
Rattie 1.75

Baertschi out produced Johansen in 2009/10 season even though he was not old enough to be drafted 1.29 -.97 Also when Johansen and Niederrieter were off team and Rattie and Baertschi elevated to first line they took off in scoring.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilz89 View Post
Yeah because Niederrieters been such a beast ever since he started playing in the NHL.....
Like I said in other Post they were linemates and both have been disappointments so far . And were drafted a lot earlier than Baertschi and Rattie who were superior junior players.

Last edited by Oiltankjob Fail: 06-13-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old
06-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I wouldn't trade Burmie straight up for Ryan Johansen. As dissapointing as he's been offensively he's still a much more proven and rounded player at this point in time.
I wouldn't say he's a much more proven and well rounded player. Yes he supposedly shutdown Malkin better, but as a whole I believe Johansen is a better defensive player.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I'm probably Burmistrov's biggest fan on the CBJ side, but I don't know that I would trade Johansen one-for-one for him. And any one of our guys can tell you that I really, really like Burmistrov.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Oddly, I don't see Gagner 1for1 being quite enough, or rather the right type of deal for CBJ. The size bias would be at play here, even though Gags could easily be the better center in the long run between the two (and he is right now, without a doubt).

That said... patience and hope would prevent CBJ from making that deal 1for1. But I could see something like:

To EDM: RJ + 14th + Boll
To CBJ: Gagner + 7th + 5th?

Look....As a jackets fan here I see not problem with trading RJ (Umberger), +14th overall, + Boll for Gagner, 7th overall, +5th rounder.

Pretty solid proposal bucks_oil. I'd sign off on this as a CBJ fan

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:42 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
That sounds about right to me... I personally wouldn't trade #7 for him straight up, but there is a short cliff at #8.

It's nothing against RJ, he may still end up better than Lindholm or Monahan, but I think a reasonable bet would have him topping out at a #2C, whereas Lindholm and Monahan are still shiney and have #1C potential.

Unfair as that may be, I think a reasonable, patient GM would prefer the greater upside #7 provides.

MacT on the otherhand needs to improve by Sept, and RJ probably does more in that direction than #7.
Johansen for the #7 if Lindholm is available makes the most sense. Yes, Oilers are giving up the chance that Lindholm might one day develop into a top-line C, but that's okay when you're team is stacked with scorers and needs two-way improvement immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Edmonton's not going anywhere in the standings until they improve on D and in goal. A lot of their fans don't seem to get that, however. Keep trying for that forward who's going to put you guys over the top, guys - lol.
Oilers have major problems at forward. Skilled players don't have the puck enough. Can't win puck battles, faceoffs, etc.. Can't shut down anything. Horcoff on the outs. They could actually seriously use Johansen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
[/B]

Look....As a jackets fan here I see not problem with trading RJ (Umberger), +14th overall, + Boll for Gagner, 7th overall, +5th rounder.

Pretty solid proposal bucks_oil. I'd sign off on this as a CBJ fan
They don't know RJ means Umberger, silly.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Can I borrow your crystal ball?
If you moved to nova scotia you can get 2 for free and have the parts to offer up an offset to these crazy deal offers

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
He might have better career than Niederreiter but considering they were line mates and Johansen was so over hyped so was Niederrieter

Draft years Johansen .97 ppg 2010 draft
Niederrreiter .92 2010
Baertschi 1.29 2011
Rattie 1.18 2011
year after drafted

Johansen 1.46
Niederreiter 1.27
Baertschi 2.00
Rattie 1.75

Baertschi out produced Johansen in 2009/10 season even though he was not old enough to be drafted 1.29 -.97 Also when Johansen and Niederrieter were off team and Rattie and Baertschi elevated to first line they took off in scoring.
So without comparing age at their draft, or assessing any other aspect of their game other than scoring, or the fact that for most of this time period these players were not playing in the same league, you're comfortable with your work here? Cool.

Old
06-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
So without comparing age at their draft, or assessing any other aspect of their game other than scoring, or the fact that for most of this time period these players were not playing in the same league, you're comfortable with your work here? Cool.
they played on same team at same time I also listed stats when there were at same age.

Old
06-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 800
I can't understand how we've made it to post #75 without a Hemsky mention.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Edmonton's not going anywhere in the standings until they improve on D and in goal. A lot of their fans don't seem to get that, however. Keep trying for that forward who's going to put you guys over the top, guys - lol.
From what I've seen, Oiler fans understand perfectly well that they need to improve the blue line.

As for in goal, I'm not sure I'd agree with that. A bigger need, in my opinion, is some better forward depth beyond their young offensive talent. A bit more grit would probably go a long way, too.

(Mod Mode) And guys, enough with the backhanded insults. Keep it on topic, and stop taking shots at each other. (/Mod Mode)

Last edited by Sojourn: 06-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Bronze Yohn Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I figure, as well as some intelligent folk over on the Jackets board, that Johansen alone would return between 8th and 10th overall.
Very surprised by this statement. RyJo won't be going anywhere. I think Jarmo has his priorities straight. RMFJ will be an all star, he's only 21. With a 1-2 punch of he and Jenner in 5 years when they're 26 and 23 respectively, people will be laughing at these proposals. I wish there were a way to get either of them on the leafs, but I don't see that happening.

Bronze Yohn Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:14 AM
RDriesenUD

Johansen is 20 (7/31/92)
Jenner is 19 (6/15/93)

So, I am not sure how he will be 23 when Johansen is 26.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Johansen is 20 (7/31/92)
Jenner is 19 (6/15/93)

So, I am not sure how he will be 23 when Johansen is 26.
Someone's car goes really really fast.

Anyway, I can see Johan being traded in a package for someone like B. Ryan, or more scoring. Nothing proposed so far really intrigues me as a fan.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote