HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #10

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
  #426
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,680
vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
I hope that, with so many of our core Defensive players returning, we have a really strong start to the season.

Also, what's the story with Ottawa returning? Can anyone help me with how the draft for Ottawa works? How many players can they take from each team? How many can the Lions protect?
I do know that each team can only protect one QB so I'm sure it is something similar for each position. I forget what the rules are for protecting imports.

MikeK is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
  #427
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Khalif Mitchell to Toronto for Adrian Awasom and "a player on Toronto's negotiation list": http://www.teamradio.ca/news/bc-lion...ll-to-toronto/

Tough to lose him, but if we're going to be in a 3-4 most of next season it would've been a waste to keep all of Mitchell, Taylor, and Westerman. And after all the distractions from Mitchell last year, he was the obvious one to move.

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
  #428
Rocko604
Registered User
 
Rocko604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,127
vCash: 500
Andrew Harris ‏@andrewharris33
Good riddance!!!

Rocko604 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:43 PM
  #429
Pizza Mane
Helen Kesler
 
Pizza Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto/Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
a bit off topic but I'm a graphic design student and my submission to the BC Lions 60th anniversary logo competition is a finalist. Here's the link, if you haven't already seen it, to the voting page (my logo is number 3 by the way). http://bclions.com/page/vote

Since its all Leos fans in this thread I thought I would post this. No pressure to vote for my submission, just would be great to get more input from the fans on this project.

Pizza Mane is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  #430
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
Andrew Harris ‏@andrewharris33
Good riddance!!!
WoW!! I agree with him tho...not worth the drama

JBIZ14 is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
  #431
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 40,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
WoW!! I agree with him tho...not worth the drama
Quote:
“I told Wally in his face that if he ever traded me you might as well get a new offensive line, because I’m going to go to a team that’s going to kill you,” Mitchell said after discussing the deal Tuesday with coach Mike Benevides.

If the 27-year-old tackle had his way he’d line up this year with the Calgary Stampeders, who the player claimed had interest in him. Instead he’ll complete the option year of his contract on a depleted Argos defensive front, and will supply an instant storyline for the Lions’ home season opener July 4 against Toronto.

“I don’t want to burn a bridge [in Toronto], but I’m trying to figure things out and ask for a release,” said Mitchell, who does not have an agent. “What gives [the Lions]the right [to make a trade]? What’s the purpose of calling it an option year? Just call it a we-own-you year. I’m trying to benefit so I can go and whip [B.C.’s] ass next year. If B.C. doesn’t want me, B.C. should just release me.

“I called Wally twice last week and he never returned [the calls]. We got the same owner [as Toronto]; was this some little under-the-table type thing? There’s a whole bunch of questions I got to ask.”



Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Li...#ixzz2PZIOQGVU
What a nut.

parabola is offline  
Old
04-05-2013, 03:18 AM
  #432
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,538
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23


He doesn't seem like the brightest guy.

Quote:
“What gives [the Lions]the right [to make a trade]?"
Uhhh, that's professional sports, dudebro.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 11:02 PM
  #433
Kickassguy
Registered User
 
Kickassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,494
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Manny Arceneux is back in the fold for BC.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/05/20/l...medium=twitter

Pricy signing, but BC needed receiving help.

Kickassguy is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 11:12 PM
  #434
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
Manny Arceneux is back in the fold for BC.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/05/20/l...medium=twitter

Pricy signing, but BC needed receiving help.
I didn't see anything in the story about the contract (other than its length). What's leading you to say that it's pricey?

lindgren is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 11:19 PM
  #435
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Glad to have Manyo back! He now becomes our go-to receiver and effectively replaces Geroy. Gore shifts back to the number 2 option which is probably better for him. Not sure which import Manny will displace (either Taylor, Jackson or Moore), but nonetheless it should make for an interesting training camp.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:26 AM
  #436
KDizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
I didn't see anything in the story about the contract (other than its length). What's leading you to say that it's pricey?
it's $140,000 a year. (up to $170,000)
It's on twitter and on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=423639


I don't remember too much about Arceneaux. Was he really that impressive?

KDizzle is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:31 AM
  #437
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,309
vCash: 883
Solid signing. Buono has done a good job of dropping guys that he felt wouldnt cut it anymore.

Right time to get rid of Simon and Bruce.

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:50 AM
  #438
Rocko604
Registered User
 
Rocko604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,127
vCash: 500
Is the paperwork signed off by the league or could he still pull a Foley?

Rocko604 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:50 AM
  #439
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
it's $140,000 a year. (up to $170,000)
It's on twitter and on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=423639
Thanks.

lindgren is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 03:33 PM
  #440
xtra
Registered User
 
xtra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
First preseason game on the 14th or tommorow.


anyone heard anything from camp>?

xtra is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
  #441
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
First preseason game on the 14th or tommorow.


anyone heard anything from camp>?
I went up to Kamloops on the weekend to check out camp. The team looks very sharp, defense especially.

On O: Lulay looked in mid-season form. His passes were sharp, he was completing most of his passes in the scrimmages I saw, and he looked good.

DeMarco looked solid, as did Joey Elliott. Tough to say who will win the job as our backup.

The QB who really impressed me though was Chris Hart. Didn't show too well in the scrimmage on Sunday but some rookie mistakes are expected (timing was off with 3rd team receivers). He's got excellent mobility and a very strong arm. Reminds me a lot of a young Casey Printers.

Our receivers look great and ready too. Arceneaux and Gore look like they'll be our main targets. The receiver I was super impressed with was Korey Williams. Solid hands, great shiftiness, amazing speed. Don't know if he'll make the 42-man roster but I would be surprised to see him cut.

Harris looks to have bulked up a bit, and looked strong out there.

The O-line was meh. The second unit didn't look good at all.

The defense looks like it could be even better than last year. Cord Parks (DB we acquired in the Mitchell trade) looks to have pushed Lin-J Shell out of a starting job.

I was surprised to see Anton McKenzie getting 2nd unit reps, but with Solomon and Bighill expected to start, and Banks moving to the Nickel I suppose this was to be expected.

Keron Williams looks like a beast and should have a strong year. Ditto with Jabar Westerman.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 08:27 PM
  #442
ProstheticConscience
Kunst
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,513
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I went up to Kamloops on the weekend to check out camp. The team looks very sharp, defense especially.

On O: Lulay looked in mid-season form. His passes were sharp, he was completing most of his passes in the scrimmages I saw, and he looked good.

DeMarco looked solid, as did Joey Elliott. Tough to say who will win the job as our backup.

The QB who really impressed me though was Chris Hart. Didn't show too well in the scrimmage on Sunday but some rookie mistakes are expected (timing was off with 3rd team receivers). He's got excellent mobility and a very strong arm. Reminds me a lot of a young Casey Printers.

Our receivers look great and ready too. Arceneaux and Gore look like they'll be our main targets. The receiver I was super impressed with was Korey Williams. Solid hands, great shiftiness, amazing speed. Don't know if he'll make the 42-man roster but I would be surprised to see him cut.

Harris looks to have bulked up a bit, and looked strong out there.

The O-line was meh. The second unit didn't look good at all.

The defense looks like it could be even better than last year. Cord Parks (DB we acquired in the Mitchell trade) looks to have pushed Lin-J Shell out of a starting job.

I was surprised to see Anton McKenzie getting 2nd unit reps, but with Solomon and Bighill expected to start, and Banks moving to the Nickel I suppose this was to be expected.

Keron Williams looks like a beast and should have a strong year. Ditto with Jabar Westerman.
Bolded's my big worry out of the gate. Been a weakness since last year, and a couple of guys aren't getting any younger or more resilient.

Still, looking forward to tomorrow.

Go Lions!

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 10:52 AM
  #443
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,998
vCash: 500
Game day and no GDT yet?

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 12:04 AM
  #444
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
I wish we could find good offensive linemen as easily as we find receivers.

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 08:51 PM
  #445
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,770
vCash: 50
I think Matt Dunigan is drunk.

__________________
Uncle Jed, I decided I ain't gonna be a brain sturgeon.
Chairman Maouth is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:03 PM
  #446
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
I think Matt Dunigan is drunk.

Punch drunk? His concussion history is horrifying!!!

kevinsane is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:12 PM
  #447
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,770
vCash: 50
Drew Tate looks like John Lennon circa 1968. Get a damn hair cut!

Chairman Maouth is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:13 PM
  #448
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,309
vCash: 883
Hope someone destroys Tate. Cocky ****

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:17 PM
  #449
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,770
vCash: 50
Cornish - 3 carries for 38 yards so far. That's not going to end well for us if he isn't corralled in a hurry.

Chairman Maouth is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:21 PM
  #450
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,309
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Cornish - 3 carries for 38 yards so far. That's not going to end well for us if he isn't corralled in a hurry.
Pretty bad run D and terrible pressure on passing plays

LiquidSnake is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.