HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 11.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Shutdown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Talk about Compher, just trying to get to the bottom of a comment that appears in his McKeens player profile, as to whether he has only suffered one or multiple concussions:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the comment?

FC has no mention about concussion issues in Compher's profile.

Don't know about the other publications.
I remember last year Timmins said concussion history is something they really look at carefully before rounding out their list.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
The thing with Mantha is that you have to draft him accepting the fact that he is a big body who doesnt play big. Also, he tends to cheat defensively. But offensively he has all the natural tools.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Stop baiting me to rant about Mantha!

Old
06-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Besides Morin, who could we realistically draft in the first 2 rounds that is a big defenseman who's more of the stay-at-home type?

Old
06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Besides Morin, who could we realistically draft in the first 2 rounds that is a big defenseman who's more of the stay-at-home type?
Robert Hagg - 6'2", 205lbs
Steve Santini - 6'1", 210lbs
Dillon Heatherington - 6'4", 200lbs
Mirco Mueller - 6'4", 190lbs

Old
06-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Inb4Diaby.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:50 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Inb4Diaby.
Well he said first two rounds...

Old
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
ChoseLa

Mueller would be a great pick in the second round.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Steven Santini is a great defensive defenceman.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:01 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Mueller would be a great pick in the second round.
He'd be a great pick in the FIRST round. If we get him in the 2nd it's an epic steal.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:23 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
Would win a tallest midget contest with three of the Habs current top six, and is very quick and elusive. Best skater in the draft, makes Datsyukian plays at top speed and says he loves playing in North America.

Dare to draft him in the 3rd?
I love watching Tolchinsky play and from all accounts he seems like a great kid, but I wouldn't touch him before the 5th. He's got speed to burn, wicked hands, and goes into the corners with all guns blazing, but he's tiny and lacks hockey sense. Such a fun player to watch, but he's definitely a one-trick pony at times. However, in the playoffs he was a completely different player, but six games is the definition of a small sample size.

I disagree entirely with him being the best skater in the draft. I don't even think he's the best draft eligible skater in the OHL, that title belongs to Baptiste.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
I remember last year Timmins said concussion history is something they really look at carefully before rounding out their list.
Am thinking that Lehkonen might be a slider due to concussions, he had two of them this year.

With teams taking big wingers to play the cycle he might be still there at 56.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Gustave

Quick question: You guys think that Etienne Marcoux gets drafted this time around?

If not, I'd sign him right after the draft if I were Bergevin. Get the guy and see what he becomes seems like the way to go here.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
How they grade:

We use dropoff points. I think there are three of them in the top 10. After that I think from 10-25 you may get the same player at 25 that you do at 10.

For all those people that want to trade the two 2nd's + 25th to move up a few spots
Just my opinion here

Jones, Mack, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, Monohan and Nichushkin will all be gone before 9(And I am guessing this will be the top 7)

Then you have

Nurse, Shattenkirk, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Domi, Lazar, Horvat, Wennberg

who will all be picked before 20

That is basically 15 guys I expect gone before 25 and I might also put Pulock and Gauthier in that group

While you may get the same player at 10 that you would at 25, that would be a case you rate somebody like Fucale, Mantha or Erne 10

Old
06-13-2013, 04:54 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I love watching Tolchinsky play and from all accounts he seems like a great kid, but I wouldn't touch him before the 5th. He's got speed to burn, wicked hands, and goes into the corners with all guns blazing, but he's tiny and lacks hockey sense. Such a fun player to watch, but he's definitely a one-trick pony at times. However, in the playoffs he was a completely different player, but six games is the definition of a small sample size.

I disagree entirely with him being the best skater in the draft. I don't even think he's the best draft eligible skater in the OHL, that title belongs to Baptiste.
Baptiste? Do you mean better skater in terms of straight-ahead speed? Didn't see it as much although he looks very smooth.

Toclhinsky has that quickness in starts and stops and lateral agility as well as speed. Elite skater, makes up for the fact he's 5'9?

I'd take him late third unless we get a 4th-5th.

Trade Weber!

Old
06-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
There's also McCoshen!
and Kostalek.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Quick question: You guys think that Etienne Marcoux gets drafted this time around?

If not, I'd sign him right after the draft if I were Bergevin. Get the guy and see what he becomes seems like the way to go here.
Too small plus he was inconsistent this year and hurt twice.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:11 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Tolchinsky sounds just like Oleg Petrov.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Is anybody else intrested to see what WTK does when montreal drafts mantha : sarcasm:

Old
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
Baptiste? Do you mean better skater in terms of straight-ahead speed? Didn't see it as much although he looks very smooth.

Toclhinsky has that quickness in starts and stops and lateral agility as well as speed. Elite skater, makes up for the fact he's 5'9?

I'd take him late third unless we get a 4th-5th.

Trade Weber!
No. I'm certain that Tolchinsky would beat Baptiste in a foot race. Tolchinsky very rarely loses a foot race, unless he has significant distance to make up.

Baptiste doesn't have the speed that Tolchinsky has, he makes up for it with incredible agility and an effortless stride. Tolchinsky is fast, but he has a short, almost choppy looking style of skating and sometimes ends up bent over (similar to Mason Raymond), that gives the impression of him being a slightly awkward skater at times. Baptiste is an elite skater in every direction, Tolchinsky is not. A very good one, a fantastic one actually, but not as good as Baptiste.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:15 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That's a tough pick..

I want to say I'd go with Burakowsky only because I wasn't enamored with Zykov's performance against the Mooseheads.. but really only 3 players all play-offs played good against the Mooseheads; Poirier, Andrighetto and Kucherov.

That being said.. Zykov might play more the style we enjoy. I'd probably go with Burakowsky since there is no KHL risk factor.
I did my due diligence on Burakowsky. Solid pick if available at 25. I am still not sure who I would pick if Gauthier, Lazar and Burakowsky were available when we would select at 25. How would you rank these three? Why?

Old
06-13-2013, 07:23 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Is anybody else intrested to see what WTK does when montreal drafts mantha : sarcasm:
What I did when we drafted Leblanc. Rage for awhile and then try to look to the positives. Then wait for my chance to say I told you so or be proven wrong. Trust me when I say, I always hope that I'm wrong.

When we picked Dietz, I thought he was nothing but a fighting plug on the back-end and hated the pick. He's been proving me wrong.

I did not like the Leblanc pick, even rigged a mock draft on another board (for the lulz basically) so the Habs didn't take him. He was starting to prove me wrong before he fell off the earth this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
I did my due diligence on Burakowsky. Solid pick if available at 25. I am still not sure who I would pick if Gauthier, Lazar and Burakowsky were available when we would select at 25. How would you rank these three? Why?
1. Lazar: He has it all, leadership, a great shot, he's physical, lays it all on the ice for his team. He could have better vision but still good hockey IQ. Will fight. Have to take his production with a grain of salt as he was not on the teams top line like most draft eligible prospects are.
2. Burakowsky: We need big bodied snipers. One of the more boom or bust players in the draft. If he booms, we'll be set.. if he busts, well, we have #34 and #36.
3. Gauthier: Not impressed with his offensive upside. He's going to be a 3rd line center at the NHL level if he makes it.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Playoff Beard

out of curiosity, who did you want the habs to pick instead of Leblanc ?

Old
06-13-2013, 07:47 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
Gauthier:-an excellent two way player; better hands than Lars Eller; was a rookie this season in the Q; play great in the U-18 tournament

Lazar:-great leadership and character...nice shot...decent skater...the least risky of all three potential picks

Burakowsky:-probably has the best potential to surprise on the upside...but could be the bust of the three. He is ranked as high as 13th and as low as 55th.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:48 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
out of curiosity, who did you want the habs to pick instead of Leblanc ?
In 06 I wanted Berglund instead of Fisher (win)
In 07 I wanted McDonagh and Pacioretty (win + win)
In 08 No first but wanted Eberle (gone before our pick) or Carlson (I think, but that could be Whitesnake and I'm remembering it as me).
In 09 I wanted Kreider or Josefson instead of Leblanc (jury still out)
in 2010 I wanted Kuznetsov or Eterm over Tinordi (Kuznetsov if he comes over will enter the conversation, but it's win-win-win in this situation)
in 2011 I forget who I wanted pre-draft but wanted Beaulieu when he fell to us.
Obviously in 2012 I wanted Galchenyuk.

This year I want Burakowsky, Mueller or McCoshen. Would be fine with McCarron, Rychel or Hartman.

Closed Thread