Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

vCash: 500
Please continue to post all Jagr news articles here, I do not find them otherwise

Old
06-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Broonzfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
Jagr has nothing left -- no hands, no speed, no shot, no passing skills, nothing whatsoever.
I think we may be underestimating the Leadership that he has brought and that doesn't just help this year. I'm sure he has had a positive impact on guys like Krejci.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Xegiie

till he got to boston his producing was just fine.. becuase here and there he got pass from his mates, i didnt see a single one yesterday, dont say its not true (except pp ofc)

Old
06-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
till he got to boston his producing was just fine.. becuase here and there he got pass from his mates, i didnt see a single one yesterday, dont say its not true (except pp ofc)
Jagr has been doing fine. He's a pass first guy now. He has had plenty of oppurtunities and at this stage in his career he is lucky to play with as complete and talented players as Bergy and Marshy. Jagr not scoring goals isn't a big issue with me, but don't blame his linemates who have been great this post season for his lack of goals. His linemates are both all around better players at this point in his career.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
kytem2

Quote:
Jagr is awful, all he does is:

1) get possession of the puck
2) turn his back to the play for 20 seconds
3) try to make a play
4) lose possession of the puck
5) skate back toward the bench
6) decline changing because 2/3 of the next line is on the ice, with the puck
7) join the rush
8) run out of gas
9) skate back toward the bench (and change, unless point 6 is repeated)

Old
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
RaskIsABrickWall

it's funny how jagr gets better as the game goes on when other slow down. Been like that all playoffs. big reason they got 1 goal last night due to winning that puck battle along the boards. Same with game 4 vs pitt

Old
06-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Trap Jesus

Give us your best so we can get 4 more wins (not like he'll be a difference-maker, but it never hurts to try) then get the **** out of Boston. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:42 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskIsABrickWall View Post
it's funny how jagr gets better as the game goes on when other slow down. Been like that all playoffs. big reason they got 1 goal last night due to winning that puck battle along the boards. Same with game 4 vs pitt
Very true. Reminds me of the ol' Tortoise and the Hare.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:52 AM
mobileusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Give us your best so we can get 4 more wins (not like he'll be a difference-maker, but it never hurts to try) then get the **** out of Boston. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
you will be eating your words soon.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:55 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileusa View Post
you will be eating your words soon.
Well it's not hard for him to improve from almost nothing, so I could see how someone would say that. Eventually he's gotta score!

Old
06-14-2013, 11:02 AM
mobileusa

I can't believe you guys are so negative on Jagr. Sure, he hasn't scored goals, but his work ethics, drive, advice, encouragement, and support is very valuable. If he wasn't pulling his weight, he wouldn't be playing. So, at the end of the series when he and Campbell raise the cup, you can get the **** out of Boston.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:08 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
I can't believe you guys are so negative on Jagr. Sure, he hasn't scored goals, but his work ethics, drive, advice, encouragement, and support is very valuable. If he wasn't pulling his weight, he wouldn't be playing. So, at the end of the series when he and Campbell raise the cup, you can get the **** out of Boston.
is it though? 17 B's have won a cup. You don't think they know how to

1) work
2) have drive
3) encourage each other
4) support each other?

Dude this was a tight family before Jagr got there, and will be one after. I'd buy your argument on a less experienced team. But this team is rock solid. If you're not in the room, I don't know how you can guess at what kind of support he is or isn't giving. That's just speculation.

But watching him lose the puck on the boards time and again and give away offensive zone time is pretty hard to watch. And believe me I love and respect the guy's career more than most.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:15 AM
mobileusa

I'm not in the room, but listen to what the players say about him....dude

Old
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
I'm not in the room, but listen to what the players say about him....dude
What else would they say though? I mean Marchand also said the Bruins were in over their heads vs the Pens

This is a team that came back down 2-0 to the Habs and Canucks. This team has tremendous experience. I'm not saying Jagr isn't offering anything, but my question is this:

Would he not still be offering it as one of the black aces? Of course he would. Only you can't bench Jagr, because he's Jagr. He's also better than the 3-4 guys you could put in for him (although I wonder with the Yeti by how much).

Old
06-14-2013, 11:25 AM
kytem2

Jagr is great if your goal is to kill 20 seconds while doing nothing in the offensive zone.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:10 PM
OutspokenMinority

Jagr makes a few insanely great passes just about every game. He still sees the ice as well as anybody. And yes, killing time in the offensive zone is also a good thing. That said, last game was probably his worst. Nothing really clicked. I expect better tomorrow night.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:31 AM
mobileusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
What else would they say though? I mean Marchand also said the Bruins were in over their heads vs the Pens

This is a team that came back down 2-0 to the Habs and Canucks. This team has tremendous experience. I'm not saying Jagr isn't offering anything, but my question is this:

Would he not still be offering it as one of the black aces? Of course he would. Only you can't bench Jagr, because he's Jagr. He's also better than the 3-4 guys you could put in for him (although I wonder with the Yeti by how much).
I would like to see Yeti inserted...actually maybe benching Yagr would help his play. I just don't like all the negative talk about him. He is slow, but still an asset...peace

Old
06-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Xegiie

the problem is he actually doesnt fit to Marchand- Bergeron line.
He does well there, he fights for lost pucks to feed them, but they dont do same for him..
You can see him unguarded at goal spot, hitting ice with stick but he just doesnt get that puck.
He gets puck when marchand doesnt know what to do with it while there are 2 players on Jags and when he gets puck theres 3 rd on him.
and then there are ppl whining about Jagr turning over the puck... yea losing puck to 3 guys holding/hooking him is a turn over, right?
The only line he could fit into could be with Krejci as thats only creative line boston has.
I dont say he would be top producer or team star... no not in boston maybe in other team like dallas. But he would do way better.

Now i know im Jagr fan and pretty much all boston fans will see it diferently since you are all over Marchand , and i can see why, he is easy to like i have no problem with him, im just saying Jagr will not be producing on his line, especially not in play offs.
But i think im at least partly right..

In czech jagr is hero, we watch games just because of him, and in discussion after the game there was 99% of messages something like " why didn't marchand pass to Jagr once?" so i was like yeah, so im not alone
he is just not 20 y old anymore where hw would just skate and deke to empty net on his own

also please stop with all the hate and words like get the **** out, show some respect, i dont take you your opinion, i know he does not fit here that great as we all would like to... but just stop, say it in polite way, the guy deserves at least that

Old
06-15-2013, 10:33 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
Quote:
The only line he could fit into could be with Krejci as thats only creative line boston has.
I dont say he would be top producer or team star... no not in boston maybe in other team like dallas. But he would do way better.
I think he fits best on the 2nd line to be honest. Him and Krejci bring similar offensive skills to the table which makes me think they should be on seperate lines. Like you said, Krejci's line is the most creative, so I think Jagr's creativity is best used on another line, to spread the wealth. They both have excellent puck handling skills, they both play the boards well, they're both slow and deliberate offensively. I'd love to see a Czech connection (and I'm sure Krejci would too), but I think that our top two lines are well rounded; each guy brings something different). I like them as-is, assuming Horton plays.

I have been impressed with Jagr (I'm in the minority probably) aside from his scoring slump, so I wouldn't put him with scrubs on our bottom 6, but he's also not the best fit with Lucic and Krejci.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Jags take some shifts with the Yeti (if he plays). They had some good chemistry in that handful of games.

Old
06-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Xegiie

yeh would like to see him with Soderberg too, but they need more games together, finale is just bad bad timing to make a new line

Old
06-15-2013, 03:41 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Jagr has nothing left -- no hands, no speed, no shot, no passing skills, nothing whatsoever.
Quote:
Including the regular season, Jagr has 1 goal in his last 27 games, he was brought to Boston to score, and he has not done that.
Quote:
Jagr is awful, all he does is:

1) get possession of the puck
2) turn his back to the play for 20 seconds
3) try to make a play
4) lose possession of the puck
5) skate back toward the bench
6) decline changing because 2/3 of the next line is on the ice, with the puck
7) join the rush
8) run out of gas
9) skate back toward the bench (and change, unless point 6 is repeated)
Put down the pipe.

1. Show me where Chia said he was brought here to just score goals? He was brought here to be a contributing piece to a contending team. He was held back by his two line mates during the regular season, that have done nothing during those playoffs. He has far superior line mates right now with Bergeron and Marchand, and he's been perfectly fine with them.

2. He has no hands, no shot, and no passing skills? I don't even think that comment deserves a response as it's absolute and utter garbage.

3. He holds onto the puck for a long time because no one is moving to they scoring areas. He doesn't turn it over as much as you like to make it sound.

He'll be potting a few goals this series.

Old
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
He does well there, he fights for lost pucks to feed them, but they dont do same for him..
You can see him unguarded at goal spot, hitting ice with stick but he just doesnt get that puck.
He gets puck when marchand doesnt know what to do with it while there are 2 players on Jags and when he gets puck theres 3 rd on him.
and then there are ppl whining about Jagr turning over the puck... yea losing puck to 3 guys holding/hooking him is a turn over, right?

Now i know im Jagr fan and pretty much all boston fans will see it diferently since you are all over Marchand , and i can see why, he is easy to like i have no problem with him, im just saying Jagr will not be producing on his line, especially not in play offs.

In czech jagr is hero, we watch games just because of him, and in discussion after the game there was 99% of messages something like " why didn't marchand pass to Jagr once?" so i was like yeah, so im not alone
he is just not 20 y old anymore where hw would just skate and deke to empty net on his own

also please stop with all the hate and words like get the **** out, show some respect, i dont take you your opinion, i know he does not fit here that great as we all would like to... but just stop, say it in polite way, the guy deserves at least that
The problem is that this is the Boston Bruins board. Fans are concerned with the team.

You need to be on a Jagr board. You are concerned only with one player.

Old
06-15-2013, 05:14 PM
westernhome

Jagr has been great here, a great influence, I think him coming here singlehandedly elevated Lucic and Krejci's game, just for two examples

really happy as a Bruins fan to have Jagr here

Old
06-15-2013, 05:49 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:

I haven't seen Marchand subbing Jagr by not passing it to him.On the rush Jagr doesn't have enough speed anymore to keep up with Bergeron and Marchand.

Old
06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
mobileusa

ok, my mind has changed watching him tonight, time to sit a spell Jagr...

Closed Thread