HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
In no way Plekanec should be considered an untouchable in a league where Gretzky once got moved. You don't actively look to trade him, but you don't just tell everyone he's untouchable, especially considering the player Eller is becoming.
It always depend on the return. I'm not saying he's untouchable, but he's the kind of players you win with and we'd be in serious trouble without him up front. He i part of the core and it should remain that way unless some team decides to grossly overpay in a trade.

I'm a huge Eller fan but he's nowhere near Plekanec's effectiveness yet.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Markov for detroit 1st and Jurco ??
I have a feeling that won't happen.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:15 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
It always depend on the return. I'm not saying he's untouchable, but he's the kind of players you win with and we'd be in serious trouble without him up front. He i part of the core and it should remain that way unless some team decides to grossly overpay in a trade.

I do agree, I think were a few years away from not needing plekanec, but then his value will be considerably lower. If a team does make a good offer, and I were MB, i would definitely consider moving Pleks.

But that probably means we get all 4 years and maybe more of Desharnais.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
In no way Plekanec should be considered an untouchable in a league where Gretzky once got moved. You don't actively look to trade him, but you don't just tell everyone he's untouchable, especially considering the player Eller is becoming.
Technically NOBODY is untoucheable.

Quote:
Markov for detroit 1st and Jurco ??
I'm sure we can do a lot better. Jurco is a fringe NHL prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Something we can benefit from hopefully. Can we all just take a moment to consider this 2014-2015 d-corps...

Subban (6.5)-Gorges (3.9) (or whomever)
Letang (6.5)-Emelin (3.5)
Beaulieu (ELC)-Tinordi (ELC)

Forget about trading for Letang, just sign him in Free Agency. We'd then be set at defence for the next ~8 years. Imagine that PP, hopefully we get to see it in Sochi.
Letang won't ever hit UFA, BUT if he ever did in 2014 his cap hit would be around 8-9 mil not 6.5 mil. I expect Pittsburgh to sign him to an extension by August 1st(I figure 48-55 mil over 7 years).

Old
06-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Habitant le colon

OK OK OK why on Earth is there some who says that Markov won't fetch a 7th overall and some who think that a 18th and a prospect is not enough ??? helloooooo

Ok i'll go back to trolling much funier !

Old
06-13-2013, 01:24 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I think you're off base here, I'm reasonably confident no one is giving up assets to jump to the front of the line to sign ryder. He was fine with us and most of the year with dallas, he just isn't a highly coveted player. As close to no chance as they come.
So he isn't going to be the highest paid forward during FA this summer? Yes Clarkson might be more coveted because he's younger but after that, it's Ryder.

But okay, let's agree to disagree. I think if a team like San Jose which has some money to re-sign players, plus could make moves at the draft to free up more cap space (Havlat, Burns, etc.) then I don't see why they would not want his services.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post

He's the kind of player you win regular season with, come playoff time he tends to disappear a little. I don't hate him I think he's a hell of a guy but a top 20pick+good prospect or a good young roster player and I wouldn't cry about him leaving

Old
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
He's the kind of player you win regular season with, come playoff time he tends to disappear a little. I don't hate him I think he's a hell of a guy but a top 20pick+good prospect or a good young roster player and I wouldn't cry about him leaving
You have to win regular season games to even play playoff ones.

He's been big at playoff time in 2010 and this year after Eller went down he had to be Mr.Everybody.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
You have to win regular season games to even play playoff ones.

He's been big at playoff time in 2010 and this year after Eller went down he had to be Mr.Everybody.
past say hi when future still look ahead!!

Old
06-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
past say hi when future still look ahead!!
Do you have a point in there somewhere?

Old
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
That's BS man. The only playoffs he didn't show up for was 08-09 when everyone sucked.

Even in 07-08 when he said he played like a little girl he had a good series against Boston and his line shredded Philly's d only to be stoned by Biron.

After that, was a key forward for the ECF run, he outmatched Krejci against Boston and was one of the top scorers against the Sens.

Old
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Let's settle this once and for all, aside from that one year (I think it was 2008) when he made the little girl remark. Plek has been solid in the playoffs considering he plays a shutdown role. In 2010, he neutralized Ovechkin's Line and he did the same with Crosby's. In 2011, Krejci's line was a non factor thanks to Plek and this year him and Bourque were our best forwards. It's crazy how underappreciated he is by most on this board. I understand those who want to trade him while his value is high but the people who say we can't go anywhere with Plek are clueless about hockey.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 11m Guess: 3 years/$17M. RT @AKABubba53: @GlobeKPD Guess on what Horton's next contract will be?

Old
06-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Scratch another one off the list...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 26m Colton Orr is on the verge of getting a new two-year deal with TOR, worth a little less than $1M per year.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

Surprise me--I hope pleasantly.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Draft

In my personal opinion, we won't win without top line players. We need elite players so we can add the bottom-6 players all of us want and have it actually mean something.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-XXXXX
XXXXXXX -Eller- Gallagher

Subban-XXXX
XXXXX - .......

....is a good start. Let's lock down a core, acquire a true PWF and a #2 defenceman (More like Beaulieu and not a complimentary top-4 defensive defenceman like Tinordi, not meaning to take anything away from him).

Old
06-13-2013, 02:56 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
In my personal opinion, we won't win without top line players. We need elite players so we can add the bottom-6 players all of us want and have it actually mean something.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-XXXXX
XXXXXXX -Eller- Gallagher

Subban-XXXX
XXXXX - .......

....is a good start. Let's lock down a core, acquire a true PWF and a #2 defenceman (More like Beaulieu and not a complimentary top-4 defensive defenceman like Tinordi, not meaning to take anything away from him).
Agree 100% about needing elite players if you want with a grinding bottom 6, but its so hard, that teams go with almost a top 9, with one of those lines also being the checking line, and a good 4th line. The 3rd line kinda has become a scoring line, and usually most teams use one of their top 2 centres as a guy to match up vs other teams top lines.

Also I think Tinordi and Beaulieu can be legit top 4 d-men. Tinordi can be a guy that plays 25min a guy along Subban, and Beaulieu can be a good 3rd d-men if paired with a good stay at home d-men like Gorges, and be our PP QB to replace Markov.

I remember listening to Dudley speak about Tinordi and Beaulieu last year said he see's them both as guys that play 23-25 min a game in the NHL.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I don't have a doubt that 1 out of 30 NHL teams would trade for his rights and sign him to a 3-4 year deal at like 5.5 million. The guy played well for us and has SC PO experience. No brainer.
If it's a no-brainer, what kind of draft pick might he fetch?

Old
06-13-2013, 03:10 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 11m Guess: 3 years/$17M. RT @AKABubba53: @GlobeKPD Guess on what Horton's next contract will be?
No way he isn't getting 5-6 years, he is 28 years old, only legit top 6 forwards under 30, is having a monster of post season.

5-6 years at 5.5 if he stays in Boston, could get 6M if he leaves IMO.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
No way he isn't getting 5-6 years, he is 28 years old, only legit top 6 forwards under 30, is having a monster of post season.

5-6 years at 5.5 if he stays in Boston, could get 6M if he leaves IMO.
5.5 or more cap hit and 5-6-7 years sounds about right.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:50 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
If it's a no-brainer, what kind of draft pick might he fetch?
If Gonchar got a Conditional Sixth, Ryder should get a Conditional 5th. Is that too much? I don't think so.

What makes Gonchar's and Ryder's position so different?

Old
06-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Runner77

Quote:
If Gonchar got a Conditional Sixth, Ryder should get a Conditional 5th. Is that too much? I don't think so.

Seems fair. This is a good time for Bergevin to advertize his wares -- would give a prospective suitor roughly 2 weeks to come to an agreement with a player whose negotiating rights have been transferred. That allows plenty of time for a deal to materialize.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

I'd say that the market for wingers tends to be softer than the one for PMD and that Ryder is probably perceived as a gun for hire who will look for the best offer and would want to wait until he can talk to everyone to find it.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I'd say that the market for wingers tends to be softer than the one for PMD and that Ryder is probably perceived as a gun for hire who will look for the best offer and would want to wait until he can talk to everyone to find it.
Gonchar is still a 39 year old d-mna on his last legs and Ryder is 5-6 years younger. I expect at least a 5th, maybe a 4th unless MB is asleep.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Agree 100% about needing elite players if you want with a grinding bottom 6, but its so hard, that teams go with almost a top 9, with one of those lines also being the checking line, and a good 4th line. The 3rd line kinda has become a scoring line, and usually most teams use one of their top 2 centres as a guy to match up vs other teams top lines.

Also I think Tinordi and Beaulieu can be legit top 4 d-men. Tinordi can be a guy that plays 25min a guy along Subban, and Beaulieu can be a good 3rd d-men if paired with a good stay at home d-men like Gorges, and be our PP QB to replace Markov.

I remember listening to Dudley speak about Tinordi and Beaulieu last year said he see's them both as guys that play 23-25 min a game in the NHL.
The future is bright on defence with Beaulieu and Tinordi. Both top-4 guys, both with the possibility of being #2s. So I'm not too worried about defence either. However, we've got two spots on the wing to be filled. Do we know of any available top-line or potentially top-line wingers? I think Collberg might have the closest shot at making it in the top-6, maybe more as a 2nd line player than as an elite scorer. Not a lot of faith in Kristo, really like Hudon but he'll either make it big or not at all, books still out on Bozon. Nothing is assured and I'm not sure I'd put all my eggs in these baskets.

Any thoughts on young, potentially available top-6 players?

I'm thinking:

Neiderreiter
Paajarvi
2013 Draftees
C.Stewart/Perron
Yakupov/Eberle~unlikely
Matteau
Setoguchi
Burmistrov

Closed Thread