HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How has Timmins achieved his success?

Old
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Dont want to ruin your dreams but unless you have contacts the chances you get in are small.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:24 PM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
One secret is to always have something on your boss.

Whether its something unethical they've done, an affair they've confided in you about , hold onto it.

I'm kidding . Kind of . Lol.

Edit: oh yeah and drive a Ford Taurus it's the Alpha Male car.
And for the second time in this thread, I do drive a Taurus

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:26 PM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Dont want to ruin your dreams but unless you have contacts the chances you get in are small.
I'm not saying I want to hit it big. I have an uncle who's a sports agent for some olympic athletes. He went to McGill with Mike Babcock. Even something small like that. Wait a second.. I think I just found my contact..

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Grant McCagg

:-)

I can't believe yet another thread got derailed into the Fischer pick debate. any chance this could be locked? Lots of folks could take things out of context given those quotes from me that people insist on bringing up again. Really thought this thread was buried.

We don't need to keep rehashing who's to blame for the Fischer pick, there was no one person responsible for that pick, several people on the organization saw Fischer and it was decided to draft him after trading down. For the only time in Timmins' tenure with a team the top picks didn't pan out, not coincidentally on what is regarded today as a very poor draft year.

Folks on here figured out years ago that Westrum had been the guy who had coached him before and liked him (he is after all the Western US scout), but it's not like a regional scout gets all the say on a player...as I said the last time, and every time this gets brought up...it was a team decision. Trevor's crossover scouts would have seen Fischer too.

Funny - over the last decade Dave Conte and Jim Nill have missed more first rounders than the Habs...every team has missed on at least one first rounder...but Hab fans are the only ones who can't get over it..and dwell on it. Seriously..just like Shatner said to Trekkie fans..."Get a life!"

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I can't believe yet another thread got derailed into the Fischer pick debate. any chance this could be locked? Lots of folks could take things out of context given those quotes from me that people insist on bringing up again. Really thought this thread was buried.

We don't need to keep rehashing who's to blame for the Fischer pick, there was no one person responsible for that pick, several people on the organization saw Fischer and it was decided to draft him after trading down. For the only time in Timmins' tenure with a team the top picks didn't pan out, not coincidentally on what is regarded today as a very poor draft year.

Folks on here figured out years ago that Westrum had been the guy who had coached him before and liked him (he is after all the Western US scout), but it's not like a regional scout gets all the say on a player...as I said the last time, and every time this gets brought up...it was a team decision. Trevor's crossover scouts would have seen Fischer too.

Funny - over the last decade Dave Conte and Jim Nill have missed more first rounders than the Habs...every team has missed on at least one first rounder...but Hab fans are the only ones who can't get over it..and dwell on it. Seriously..just like Shatner said to Trekkie fans..."Get a life!"

Sorry Grant.

It's just these myths constantly get brought up as though the GM is some sort of Tyrant and you really are the only one with credibility to shut them down. I mean these myths got taken so out of hand that Brian Wilde who's a respected member of the Montreal media went on Tsn 990 (Habs radio) to say that it was Gauthier who really liked Fischer and pushed hard for him. It's just wrong information that gets spewed out to god knows how many habs fans who just mindless eat that crap and regurgitate it.

I promise I'll try not to bring it up again.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700

All you need in life is a Taurus.

#AlphaMale

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:51 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Do you even lift?

HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
I'm not saying I want to hit it big. I have an uncle who's a sports agent for some olympic athletes. He went to McGill with Mike Babcock. Even something small like that. Wait a second.. I think I just found my contact..
Damn, young lucky boy. (If it's true but I assume you're not lying, you're old enough).

I wonder what is more difficult: becoming a scout or sports agent. It sucks because these jobs are all about WHO you know and not about WHAT you know.

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 06:52 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Damn, young lucky boy. (If it's true but I assume you're not lying, you're old enough).

I wonder what is more difficult: becoming a scout or sports agent. It sucks because these jobs are all about WHO you know and not about WHAT you know.
It's actually rare when that isn't the case with any job with varying degrees.

So Timmins started out with the Sens? I guess they're our managerial farm team. Time to switch to the Hawks. Step one already in place.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Wasn't there a guy who had a hockey stats blog who got a scouting job somewhere ?

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 02:38 PM
j52

What success?
The Taurus comment is bull.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 03:34 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

/thread
is it a real photo or just a tricky one?

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 04:03 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
is it a real photo or just a tricky one?
it's real

Timmins is in really good shape as you can see.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:05 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

Habs fans are still complaining about the Kostitsyn pick, and sometimes some complain about the Roy trade.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote