HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryzgalov: To Buy Out or Not To Buy Out...That is the Question (Updates in post #1)

Old
06-13-2013, 09:57 PM
3Fs

vCash: 500
You can match Bryz's production with other cheaper options while strengthening other positions to make up for it. That's what it all comes down to.[/QUOTE]

amen to this....

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Where does it say anyone " dogged it"?
The article claims that players in the locker room dont want to play for him or with him...to me that suggests that players on the team had such a grudge against Bryz that it effected their play.

I personally dont believe that. I think certain players might not have cared for Bryz but I don't think there was this disdained hate for him that the media is constantly suggesting. I was just pointing out that every time a reporter cites locker room issues as an excuse to buy him out, it is a poor argument and a cheap attack.

Bryz has underachieved here, yes. Is it all on him? No...but for whatever reason he was not the right fit and his contact is too much to hang on to. That is why he will be bought out. I don't think many people will argue against that. I think people just get angry when the media tries to attack the guys character because they don't like that he has called them out in the past. It reminds me a lot of the way they treated Richards...the supposed locker room cancer that went on to win a cup as soon as he left here.

I am just tired of hearing that certain players are "locker room" problems...especially when the players called that are conveniently the players that arent afraid to stand up to the media. They are just smear campaigns.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:05 PM
domestique

Terrible time for this information to come out. This let's Streits' agent know that Philly will have enough cash to sign him for whatever he demands and if Homer is in play for Bernier the Kings will be asking for a lot more knowing the only guy we have is Mason.

domestique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:07 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Buffalo fan wants to know if there's an appetite for Miller here.
Not really. Miller's star faded pretty quickly over the past season+, at least for most of us here. He has also shown himself to be rather ... umm, mercurial. One of the main qualities of a prospective G for the Flyers should be "Must be boring with media".

And certainly not least, Miller's acquisition cost would be rather steep, I'm thinking.

Don't get me wrong. Overall, I think Miller would provide much better goaltending than Bryzgalov. However, the other negatives would arguably make a cure-worse-than-the-disease scenario.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:10 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by domestique View Post
Terrible time for this information to come out. This let's Streits' agent know that Philly will have enough cash to sign him for whatever he demands and if Homer is in play for Bernier the Kings will be asking for a lot more knowing the only guy we have is Mason.
For a guy who looks like a smile would rip his brush cut in half, Paul Holmgren has a pretty poor poker face at times.

Now watch him mess us all up and trade Mason for Luongo.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:11 PM
3Fs

Frankly, I'd consider signing Luongo short term if Vancouver has to buy him out...[/QUOTE]

If he was bought out, I would hope flyers would pick him up.

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:12 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Not really. Miller's star faded pretty quickly over the past season+, at least for most of us here. He has also shown himself to be rather ... umm, mercurial. One of the main qualities of a prospective G for the Flyers should be "Must be boring with media".

And certainly not least, Miller's acquisition cost would be rather steep, I'm thinking.

Don't get me wrong. Overall, I think Miller would provide much better goaltending than Bryzgalov. However, the other negatives would arguably make a cure-worse-than-the-disease scenario.
Miller actually didn't have that bad of year last year when you consider he probably played for the worst defensive team in hockey. Buffalo averaged about 38 shots against a game. The Flyers have had his number the last couple of years so I could see why some of our fans think he's fading.

I wouldn't want him because the cost and he's only signed for next year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:24 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Miller actually didn't have that bad of year last year when you consider he probably played for the worst defensive team in hockey. Buffalo averaged about 38 shots a game. The Flyers have had his number the last couple of years so I could see why some of our fans think he's fading.

I wouldn't want him because the cost and he's only signed for next year.
I think, too, it was the optics of everything that went on with him over the past few years. Stuff like getting run down by Lucic and ending up with a concussion, though I thought he was out for longer than 8 games. It may well be that the Flyers have a knack of making Miller seem mediocre of late. Plus, the dumping on teammates sticks in one's mind.

Old
06-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Devastate

I actually really like bryz, but he's a pretty bad goalie. Better to let him go

Devastate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:10 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
The fact that we threw away the solution to our goalie position for a second rounder to make room for this guy, who we're now buying out two seasons later . . . it just sucks all the enthusiasm from me as a fan.
exactly. Call it "hindsight" if you want. it just wasnt a smart move to trade Bobrovsky. it was a dumb move then and it still is.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:30 AM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

any chance the flyers buy out bryz and run with Stolarz next year. The kid had an amazing year, and might just be ready for the big time .

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:35 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
any chance the flyers buy out bryz and run with Stolarz next year. The kid had an amazing year, and might just be ready for the big time .
No, he's only 19 and still pretty raw. If everything goes to plan he's probably 4 years away.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-14-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 12:52 AM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No, he's only 19 and still pretty raw. If everything goes to plan he's probably 4 years away.
you don't think philly is crazy enough to try it. what if he has a great camp? It is rare, but some times goalies are studs from the time their 20.

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:58 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
you don't think philly is crazy enough to try it. what if he has a great camp? It is rare, but some times goalies are studs from the time their 20.
No, he's not even going to the big club camp this year.

He played in tier 2 in the US before the OHL this year that should tell how much he's not ready.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:23 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Oh well. I will get eaten alive for this opinion, but: I'm happy to see a horrible contract gone. I'm not happy to see the guy gone...

One thing would be fitting for sure - if he miraculously turned his game around and in a year we would be seeing threads like "What would Bryz winning the Vezina mean for the Flyers." This twist would be so absurd it will probably happen
Yeah, I can't wait to read the "Bryzgalov signs 1 year deal with the NJ Devils...." headlines and then see him put up a stunning 0.929 SVP behind one of the most defensive systems played in the league while performing in 65 games a season.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Cardds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
exactly. Call it "hindsight" if you want. it just wasnt a smart move to trade Bobrovsky. it was a dumb move then and it still is.
We should of went with Vokoun instead of Bryz. Dk why we didn't that offseason.

Oh and ignore my original post, I do agree it was a dumb move. Hopefully Mason will make us forget about it *crosses fingers*

Last edited by Cardds: 06-14-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Cardds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Wiqkid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Yeah, I can't wait to read the "Bryzgalov signs 1 year deal with the NJ Devils...." headlines and then see him put up a stunning 0.929 SVP behind one of the most defensive systems played in the league while performing in 65 games a season.
Something like this WILL happen. He will go to a team that uses a defensive system and he will be solid. Then everyone will blast us on the forums. We need a new coach and need to change our game plan.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:27 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

I would miss @notbryzgoalie30 the most. Funniest account on Twitter!

Last edited by OzFlyer: 06-14-2013 at 02:52 AM.
OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Ilya Bryzastor

Quote:
I think Stolarz is going to be NHL ready around 23,24. Throwing a young goalie into the fire could ruin their development. But I'm glad to hear Bryzgalov is going , Nothing against him as a human , but he has been a headcase , and seems like can never get that big save the team needs , his numbers , even in a below average defense , are unacceptable for a guy who is making the 4th most money of the goalies in the league.

Ilya Bryzastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:31 AM
SilkyMitts

if Briere is boughtout, can he resign with us for a friendlier deal? (if he wanted to, seems he likes the area and organization and might not want to uproot his kids)

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fs View Post
frankly, i'd consider signing luongo short term if vancouver has to buy him out...

If he was bought out, i would hope flyers would pick him up.
no. Please no.

Kevin Danko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Ilya Bryzastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
if Briere is boughtout, can he resign with us for a friendlier deal? (if he wanted to, seems he likes the area and organization and might not want to uproot his kids)
I'm pretty sure that the player that is bought out , cannot resign with the same team right after he is bought out.

Ilya Bryzastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:40 AM
FLYERSFAN18

You cannot resign a player that was amnestied for one year

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:48 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I actually really like bryz, but he's a pretty bad goalie. Better to let him go
I feel the same way. Off the ice, he seems like the type of guy you want to hang out with. Unfortuantely, he's been the ***** on the ice

I really wish he would have succeeded here because with a personality like he has, he could have gone down as one of the most popular athletes in Philly ever

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:49 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
no. Please no.
why not?

Luongo is a good goalie on a short-term deal

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote