HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 05:35 PM
andy28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
That's BS man. The only playoffs he didn't show up for was 08-09 when everyone sucked.
I thought he was soft that whole season, but since then, I think Plekanec has gotten a little grittier every year. No one would ever call him a tough guy, but he seems to battle a lot for the puck while getting shoved around and often does a pretty good job of protecting the puck while getting pushed. I don't see us moving Plekanec unless the right deal comes and we feel someone like Eller is ready to step in. At the same time, he is a guy you always have to consider as potential trade bait, because he has value and that value will eventually start to decline.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
The future is bright on defence with Beaulieu and Tinordi. Both top-4 guys, both with the possibility of being #2s. So I'm not too worried about defence either. However, we've got two spots on the wing to be filled. Do we know of any available top-line or potentially top-line wingers? I think Collberg might have the closest shot at making it in the top-6, maybe more as a 2nd line player than as an elite scorer. Not a lot of faith in Kristo, really like Hudon but he'll either make it big or not at all, books still out on Bozon. Nothing is assured and I'm not sure I'd put all my eggs in these baskets.

Any thoughts on young, potentially available top-6 players?

I'm thinking:

Neiderreiter
Paajarvi
2013 Draftees
C.Stewart/Perron
Yakupov/Eberle~unlikely
Matteau
Setoguchi
Burmistrov
Matteau projects as a 3rd or 4th liner and I wouldn't touch him, pass.

Best way to add wingers is to develop our guys(Kristo LeBlanc Hudon Bozon etc) and draft more in a couple weeks.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:51 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I would love Sutter on our team.
your a year late bro

Old
06-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
your a year late bro
He is a UFA I believe. Carolina would probably let him walk, they are onto Staals now.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:42 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He is a UFA I believe. Carolina would probably let him walk, they are onto Staals now.
Not till next year. And I think he's RFA.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:46 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
doh, wrong sut(t)er

anyways, yeah, i like him

Old
06-13-2013, 11:08 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Its one horrible idea, but whatever happened to JP Dumont?

If hes not retired, could we invite him to training camp? Kinda like the flames did with begin this year

Old
06-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post

If hes not retired, could we invite him to training camp? Kinda like the flames did with begin this year
As Consuela would say:

Noooo. Nooooooo.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:12 AM
axman88

Price to Edmonton for Yakupov or Hall or Eberle or Nudgy + 7th overall pick

Sign Luongo (for 2-3mill) after Vancouver buys him out

Buyout Kaberle

Sign Jagr (3.5)

Sign 1 of Clarkson/Clowe/Bickle

Sign Torres or Cooke

Trade Moen

Sign Murray or Scuderi

Trade Desharnais

If enough money left over then sign 1 of (if bought out) Koivu/Briere/Lecavalier/Richards

Unrealistic but the Buyout of Kaberle, trading Moen and Desharnais for next to nothing (if they give a discount because a lot of them will be getting money from their buyouts) should open up some money.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post

Buyout Kaberle

Sign Jagr (3.5)

Sign Torres or Cooke

Trade Moen

Sign Murray or Scuderi

Trade Desharnais

If enough money left over then sign 1 of (if bought out) Koivu/Briere/Lecavalier/Richards

Unrealistic but the Buyout of Kaberle, trading Moen and Desharnais for next to nothing (if they give a discount because a lot of them will be getting money from their buyouts) should open up some money.
Why don't you apply to be GM? Seems to be simple when you explain all the moves! Especially the part where YOU make other teams buy out players. I mean, that's some slick move you got there dude.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:

Buyout Kaberle

Sign Jagr (3.5)

Sign Torres or Cooke

Trade Moen

Sign Murray or Scuderi

Trade Desharnais

Damn, being a GM on HF looks so simple. Where do I apply?

Old
06-14-2013, 12:37 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Why is everyone willing to trade price after a bad stretch of games and a bad playoff series?

and please don't tell me hes "bad" in the playoffs.

His first appearance was his rookie year and he did alright against Boston

His second we got swept when he was having a very bad year and our team was in a tailspin

His third he played like a half game

His fourth he did everything he could to get us to the second round, we lost in OT to the cup champs off a failed shot block.

His fifth he was pretty mediocre in net on game 1, very good in game 2, terrible in game 3, was not bad in game 4 and I feel we were the victim of the refs wanting OT ratings, then got hurt.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:38 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Damn, being a GM on HF looks so simple. Where do I apply?
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2012/04...-form-for.html

Old
06-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
YES! YES! EVERYONE! I'M THE NEXT MONTREAL CANADIENS GM! BEST DAY EVER.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Why is everyone willing to trade price after a bad stretch of games and a bad playoff series?

and please don't tell me hes "bad" in the playoffs.

His first appearance was his rookie year and he did alright against Boston

His second we got swept when he was having a very bad year and our team was in a tailspin

His third he played like a half game

His fourth he did everything he could to get us to the second round, we lost in OT to the cup champs off a failed shot block.

His fifth he was pretty mediocre in net on game 1, very good in game 2, terrible in game 3, was not bad in game 4 and I feel we were the victim of the refs wanting OT ratings, then got hurt.
People are willong to trade him because everyone in this city wants immediate results. Price has proved nothing for the last 6 years? Trade him, he sucks. Except game 1, anyone blaming him doesn't watch the same games as us (or me). Nobody tried to protect him, he was left alone.

To answer some of your statements, Price was indeed bad during his first appearance as a rookie in the playoffs. Just watch the highlights of the last 5 games, all against the Flyers, god he was awful. But I gotta say that Biron was great. Umberger looked like ****ing Crosby during this series.

The 2008-2009 Season was a ****ing joke. Poor Price, 21 years old, harmless in the net. People booing him and saying that he sucks. Gainey loved so much Price that he never put Halak at least once in these playoffs.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:58 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:

Just keep that one thing the same. The only thing that keeps me getting out of bed is KNOWING I never have to worry about us trading for Tomas Kaberle.

Give me that one satisfaction in life.

Also for giving you the application, I expect some serious incentives here. Season tickets, Jerseys, immediately hired as Vice President of Concession Stand Tastings

Last edited by JPGoHabsGo: 06-14-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 01:04 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
Quote:
This is gold

Old
06-14-2013, 01:39 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:

Buyout Kaberle

Sign Jagr (3.5)

Sign Torres or Cooke

Trade Moen

Sign Murray or Scuderi

Trade Desharnais

it's the "price for the nuge and 7th overall" that makes it art

Old
06-14-2013, 01:43 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
Trade Price to sign/trade an older goalie which the team he's playing for has been trying to trade away! Yeah! Great idea!

Old
06-14-2013, 04:12 AM
GRECOHAB

As we reach the draft and the trade deadline, i see two options going forward for Bergevin.

He either plays it safe stick with the current roster, making only an addition or two, and wait for his prospects to mature and evaluate them properely, or he goes all in, trying to put together a highly competitive team, at all costs.

I believe that he will probably explore the safe path, and i am not very optimistic that bold moves will occur at the offseason. That means we will see more of Desharnais, Diaz and Moen going forward, and the only potential additions i figure are a RW player to replace Ryder and maybe a defensemen with size to add, until Emelin comes back. So it looks like it will, once again be:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-RW
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenuyk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen
ex. Kristo, Dumont?

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillion-D? (maybe)
ex.Tinordi,Beaulieu,Drewiskie

From the free agent pool there are some canditates for the RW position, but i feel in such poor class they will be highly overpaid. I am talking about the likes of Clarkson, Iginla, Horton, Jagr and Clowe. As for a big D, i really dont see any of the UFA to be, filling this need. We cant also rely that any of the draft picked players will crack the line up at the beginning of next season, so we pretty much will see the same team going forward, UNLESS...

Bergevin becomes bold by being very active at the trade front. Of course an unknown factor this year is the added players to the UFA pool after any potential buyouts from other teams. Its the X factor going forward, because suddenly we can see players like Lecavalier, Briere, Heatley, Havlat, Richards, Malone, all up for grabs...

I predict a long summer ahead, and i recommend we all being patient...

Old
06-14-2013, 07:36 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I'd say that the market for wingers tends to be softer than the one for PMD and that Ryder is probably perceived as a gun for hire who will look for the best offer and would want to wait until he can talk to everyone to find it.
Well because the market is soft, it makes him more valuable. Obviously if MB wants to trade him, the team who is receiving his negotiating rights would want some assurances that he can re-sign. Also, the word "conditional" is obviously prevalent in this context.

Quote:
Gonchar is still a 39 year old d-mna on his last legs and Ryder is 5-6 years younger. I expect at least a 5th, maybe a 4th unless MB is asleep.
Agreed.

Old
06-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I have no problem inviting him to camp, his problem in Nashville is he lost a step and his offense suffered. He played in the Swiss League last yaer and didn't exactly tear it up...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...011682012.html

Quote:

Buyout Kaberle

Sign Jagr (3.5)

Sign Torres or Cooke

Trade Moen

Sign Murray or Scuderi

Trade Desharnais

I like some of your ideas, but trading Price is just a plain bad idea. You don;t trade Price and then trade/sign Luongo, that's a step backwards. As much as Price struggled the last month, when he is on he's as good as anybody.

Trading Desharnais for next to nothing then spending a pile of money on Koivu/Richards/Lecavlaier is a step backwards.

Old
06-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

With guys like Regehr signing an extension, I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Komisarek as a reclamation project, 1 year 1-1.5 mil. Very little risk. He was dominant physically here early on, maybe a reunion with Markov gets him bcak to somewhere close to that. He used to doiminate Lucic physically along the boards and down low.

Old
06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tony Lydman is my guy. Old guy, very smart, knows the division well, decent size at 6.1 & 205 lbs, not overly physical but does not get over matched. Should come cheaper than guys like Scuderi...

I would offer him a 2/5 - 6 mil deal.

The Ducks fans do want him back next year though according to this thread:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ghlight=lydman

Last edited by Boris Le Tigre: 06-14-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
As we reach the draft and the trade deadline, i see two options going forward for Bergevin.

He either plays it safe stick with the current roster, making only an addition or two, and wait for his prospects to mature and evaluate them properely, or he goes all in, trying to put together a highly competitive team, at all costs.

I believe that he will probably explore the safe path, and i am not very optimistic that bold moves will occur at the offseason. That means we will see more of Desharnais, Diaz and Moen going forward, and the only potential additions i figure are a RW player to replace Ryder and maybe a defensemen with size to add, until Emelin comes back. So it looks like it will, once again be:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-RW
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenuyk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen
ex. Kristo, Dumont?

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillion-D? (maybe)
ex.Tinordi,Beaulieu,Drewiskie

From the free agent pool there are some canditates for the RW position, but i feel in such poor class they will be highly overpaid. I am talking about the likes of Clarkson, Iginla, Horton, Jagr and Clowe. As for a big D, i really dont see any of the UFA to be, filling this need. We cant also rely that any of the draft picked players will crack the line up at the beginning of next season, so we pretty much will see the same team going forward, UNLESS...

Bergevin becomes bold by being very active at the trade front. Of course an unknown factor this year is the added players to the UFA pool after any potential buyouts from other teams. Its the X factor going forward, because suddenly we can see players like Lecavalier, Briere, Heatley, Havlat, Richards, Malone, all up for grabs...

I predict a long summer ahead, and i recommend we all being patient...
A good overview in broad strokes. Like you said, the UFA market is weak. I see a lot of chronically-injured and aging players putting on their party dresses and trolling for big contracts. I really, REALLY hope Bergevin keeps it in his pants and doesn't jump at them. I know this board loves Clowe, but unless he comes with a time-machine to take him back pre-concussions, he's a major risk. Same with Horton. Too bad. Clarkson would be nice, but the price tag scares the crap out of me.

It's a no-brainer to assume we'll be seeing lots more prospects next season. Kristo, Dumont and Beaulieu will be fun to watch develop. Tinordi will be an important grooming project as he gets more and more minutes. And don't discount the very real possibility of a draft trade-up, as Habs get a higher 1st rounder for their 1st and one of their 2nd round picks. Here's hoping.

But the real x-factor - as it always is - will be the trade machine. Nobody, not a single one of us, ever predicted Eric Cole would be traded in such a fashion (yes, we discussed it, but never expected it). Is that an indicator that no one is safe? Maybe. Bergevin is one of the GMs that other GMs like, so I am 100% sure he's been pickling his liver and bladder with a gazillion drinks and cups of coffee with various GMs around the league, talking, shmoozing, joking around, and discussing the details of getting some bigger players to bolster our emerging lineup.

On the subject of trades, it's interesting to peek into other teams's boards and see who's being dangled and which players are 'out of favour'. St-Louis fans are desperate for a center and would LOVE Plekanec. Players being discussed are Perron, Stewart, draft picks. Stewart would be interesting - RW, size, scoring, youth - but he has a rep for being incredibly streaky. Worth pursuing, but not for Plekanec, IMO.

Closed Thread