HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2013, 05:24 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I wouldnt say we are specifically ready to dump Spaling but it clear we have too many Spaling-type players, and someone or two of them have to go, be it Spaling, Hali, Butler, or Yip
But that's the thing, Butler isn't the same by any means. Butler is more suited for top 6 duty but doesn't have the goods to be that player. Yip is well Yip and Hali is only motivated when he gets sent to Milwaukee. While we say we have a ton of Spaling types, Spaling is the only one that's truly consistent in his role.

And Top 6, if we could move Spaling in a package for a top 6 then that's fine but so many are ready to just let him go as a RFA. That's what I was referring to more than anything. If we can get a good piece for him then I'm all for it.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
But that's the thing, Butler isn't the same by any means. Butler is more suited for top 6 duty but doesn't have the goods to be that player. Yip is well Yip and Hali is only motivated when he gets sent to Milwaukee. While we say we have a ton of Spaling types, Spaling is the only one that's truly consistent in his role.

And Top 6, if we could move Spaling in a package for a top 6 then that's fine but so many are ready to just let him go as a RFA. That's what I was referring to more than anything. If we can get a good piece for him then I'm all for it.
and thats what I forgot to add, I would not just waive spaling or trade him for garbage, but he probably has the most trade value of those players and if we have to throw him in on a deal to get something we really need then so be it.

Old
06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
poile said we would ABSOLUTELY be acquiring a forward to replace erat and his production.. if he keeps his word, the scuderi type will have to wait as that 4 million will slotted for an upgrade in the top 6

really crazy how little space we have... thanks weber
Move Smith or SK and there is suddenly more room for both the forward and upgrade at #4 on the blueline at a $5-6mil total. Move one of Blum and Ellis as well and $7mil worth of cap space is realistic for two players.

Old
06-12-2013, 09:00 PM
maplepred

Still say we should try to sign Horton, anyone saying he is just like a fisher or legwand... He is second in playoffs for points.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Move Smith or SK and there is suddenly more room for both the forward and upgrade at #4 on the blueline at a $5-6mil total. Move one of Blum and Ellis as well and $7mil worth of cap space is realistic for two players.
yeah we can upgrade both but someone is gonna have to go.. sk, smith, gill, ect.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Horton injured...didn't look that serious, but worth noting.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Horton injured...didn't look that serious, but worth noting.
It looked like he did something to his back & yes I'm speculating

Old
06-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Horton seems to get hurt an awful lot, especially in the playoffs. Worth noting.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:05 AM
lstcyr

Is there any chance we could sign Iginla? or is he headed back north for sure?

Old
06-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Jubal

Via Josi's new twitter account, he and Streit are hanging out in Bern. Maybe he is talking to him about playing here still.

How much would Philly hate us if we matched the Weber offer sheet last summer, and ended up signing their newly acquired Streit this summer?

Old
06-13-2013, 09:26 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Via Josi's new twitter account, he and Streit are hanging out in Bern. Maybe he is talking to him about playing here still.

How much would Philly hate us if we matched the Weber offer sheet last summer, and ended up signing their newly acquired Streit this summer?
I don't care how bad of a day I am having if this happens it would be a great day.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:24 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
It looked like he did something to his back & yes I'm speculating
Looked like a separated shoulder to me. If so, he may need the same shoulder stabalization procedure that Wilson and Gausted just had. The commentators mentioned that he has been battling an upper body injury all season. Sounds like Goose's situation.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Looked like a separated shoulder to me. If so, he may need the same shoulder stabalization procedure that Wilson and Gausted just had. The commentators mentioned that he has been battling an upper body injury all season. Sounds like Goose's situation.
Signing someone with recurring shoulder issues to a long deal may not be a very good idea.

Still, he's the best option.

Old
06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post

Exactly what I was thinking we should do. I already thought Streit was one of the top answers to our 2nd pairing problem and was willing to overpay.

Now I'd like to hear GMDP announce something like "The Nashville Predators are proud to announce today that we have signed defenseman Mark Streit to a ridiculous contract. I know I had promised to add a top 6 forward but the chance to @#$% the Flyers was too good to pass up... I'm sure our fans will understand".

Old
06-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Byrddog

What do you think about Mason Raymond. Looks like something that will be in DP sights. The how to fit him in cap wise. Vancouver does not look to be interested in re-sigining him.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...660/story.html

Drawbacks he is a smallish fragile forward of which we have a good number of. He is same level as Erat scoring wise. Will likely cost 4 to 4.5. But hwe is the exact type player DP zeros in on.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
What do you think about Mason Raymond. Looks like something that will be in DP sights. The how to fit him in cap wise. Vancouver does not look to be interested in re-sigining him.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...660/story.html

Drawbacks he is a smallish fragile forward of which we have a good number of. He is same level as Erat scoring wise. Will likely cost 4 to 4.5. But hwe is the exact type player DP zeros in on.
He's fast as hell, but pretty fragile, and I doubt he comes close to that 53 point season he had a few season ago. He's ok at around his current rate, $2.5M-$3M, but I would consider anything above that to be an overpayment.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:52 PM
RCola88

Quote:
I think he could be a good low risk/high reward pickup for a team that can really use a playmaker. NJD, PITT, and DAL are the three that jump into my head first.

Niskanen is also a UFA after this year, so it's a 1 year deal for a 1 year deal. I think it addresses both teams needs nicely, and this lets us move Gill and one of Blum/Ellis and still have Weber, Josi, Klein, Niskanen, Blum/Ellis, Bartley, OKT, and Ekholm on the backend.
I would love Niskanen on this team. That would be a great move to trade him for SK if possible. If re-sign him then it'd be a steal for us.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:58 PM
PFL615

I would be good with Raymond. He would bring skill and elite speed. I think he could be deadly on the 3rd line.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Top 6 Spaling

My realistic off-season:

Step 1: Trade Goose+(small) for Hemsky
Step 2: Trade SK for Niskanen
Step 3: Sign Bozak, move Legwand to wing
Step 4: Go hard for Horton, he signs elsewhere.
Step 5: Sign a backup for 1-1.5
Step 6: Draft Barkov

Wilson-Bozak-Hemsky
Legwand-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Barkov-Forsberg
Smith-Spaling-Halischuk
Beck/Clune/Yip

Weber-Josi
Klein-Niskanen
Ekholm/Blum/Ellis/OKT/Bartley/Gill

Rinne
Backup

Bozak on line 1 because of playing style, not talent. Blum/Ellis, Gill, and Smith can be additionally trade bait.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:31 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
My realistic off-season:

Step 1: Trade Goose+(small) for Hemsky
Step 2: Trade SK for Niskanen
Step 3: Sign Bozak, move Legwand to wing
Step 4: Go hard for Horton, he signs elsewhere.
Step 5: Sign a backup for 1-1.5
Step 6: Draft Barkov

Wilson-Bozak-Hemsky
Legwand-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Barkov-Forsberg
Smith-Spaling-Halischuk
Beck/Clune/Yip

Weber-Josi
Klein-Niskanen
Ekholm/Blum/Ellis/OKT/Bartley/Gill

Rinne
Backup

Bozak on line 1 because of playing style, not talent. Blum/Ellis, Gill, and Smith can be additionally trade bait.
I would again bet real money that Poile has no intention of trading Gaustad

I do like the idea of acquiring Niskanen.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

We also could do Spaling+(prospect) for Hemsky and have Gaustad as the 4th line center. It just makes cap more interesting.

I see Bozak a bit like PA Parenteau last year. Lots of talk that it's all his linemates, but he has decent numbers and could be a nice pickup. I've also been screaming "Legwand to the wing!" to anyone that will listen for a couple years, though I know most of the boards disagree with me, and I can see why.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
We also could do Spaling+(prospect) for Hemsky and have Gaustad as the 4th line center. It just makes cap more interesting.

I see Bozak a bit like PA Parenteau last year. Lots of talk that it's all his linemates, but he has decent numbers and could be a nice pickup. I've also been screaming "Legwand to the wing!" to anyone that will listen for a couple years, though I know most of the boards disagree with me, and I can see why.
Legwand to wing has been a popular idea for a while.. am I misremembering or did he not play wing for a while back during the season(maybe 10-11?)when we had about 6 true centers, Leggy ,Goc, Smithson, Spaling, Fisher, and someone else

Old
06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
PFL615

Quote:

Agree Goose is not going anywhere. Spaling, Halischuck, SK, Yip, Clune, Blum, and Ellis are your trade bait.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Legwand to wing has been a popular idea for a while.. am I misremembering or did he not play wing for a while back during the season(maybe 10-11?)when we had about 6 true centers, Leggy ,Goc, Smithson, Spaling, Fisher, and someone else
He did, and IIRC, he scored at a higher rate by quite a wide margin, but then we had injuries.

His defensive talent as best utilized at C, but we have enough of that IMO to let him focus more on offense. Plus, it's not like he'd be bad defensively as a winger, and he sucks at faceoffs anyway.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
He did, and IIRC, he scored at a higher rate by quite a wide margin, but then we had injuries.

His defensive talent as best utilized at C, but we have enough of that IMO to let him focus more on offense. Plus, it's not like he'd be bad defensively as a winger, and he sucks at faceoffs anyway.
That is the way I remember it too. I don't know if it is right or not. It is just how I remember it.

Closed Thread