HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread (Week 1!)

Old
06-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Fair enough, I guess this is the wrong board to speculate like that.

In all seriousness, I don't see Cruz going anywhere unless he walks after this season. The Giants won't trade him.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

NYG have never been known to be cheap, I think Cruz is asking for too much based just on history.

fwiw, I love Cruz & bought my son a Cruz authentic jersey but he's not Percy Harvin caliber.

I think NYG/Coughlin/Gilbride/Eli have proven to show the OL makes the offense go far more than the WR.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:06 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Friday that he's on his way to the team's facility and he intends to sign his first-round restricted free-agent tender worth $2.879 million.

"I'm going to sign my tender today and will continue talks for a long-term deal before camp starts," Cruz said Friday morning.

The Giants had the right to reduce Cruz's tender to just more than $600,000 on Friday had he not signed.
Quote:
The Giants hope that having Cruz in camp will give them more time to negotiate a long-term extension.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ys-sign-tender

Well that's better than nothing.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Mr. Advertising money decided the 2 million difference was worth signing, but won't take 7 million a year over 5 years.

Idiot.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Mr. Advertising money decided the 2 million difference was worth signing, but won't take 7 million a year over 5 years.

Idiot.
He's getting such bad advice from someone. Just look at Steve Smith, Victor.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

He's not a bad wideout, he has been given a great offer with a lot of guaranteed money.

All you have to do is be smart with the cash and he'll be set for life. What is he doing, trying to feed his family up to 4 degrees of separation away from him?

Guy already has millions from advertising. He's being a dumbass and demonstrating why so many NFL players are bankrupt. They don't know how to handle finances. What if he has a down season? His next contract will be ruined.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:08 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
He's not a bad wideout, he has been given a great offer with a lot of guaranteed money.

All you have to do is be smart with the cash and he'll be set for life. What is he doing, trying to feed his family up to 4 degrees of separation away from him?

Guy already has millions from advertising. He's being a dumbass and demonstrating why so many NFL players are bankrupt. They don't know how to handle finances. What if he has a down season? His next contract will be ruined.
I agree. He's setup in a city that will get him extra $ as well.

Normally, I'm behind players who holdout. Cruz should've heldout last year. The nfl is a very fickle game and with careers so short players need to use their leverage when they have it.

That said, with the NYG track record as my basis, Cruz seems to be overplaying his hand here. On every play he suits up he's risking about 90% of his guaranteed money.

I'd be curious to see a high level math oriented person,perhaps poker player break down the odds of where EV is. The NYG still have the franchise tag for next year too.

I would bet him holding out over what he could take now is -EV by a decent margin.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:39 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Just read Cruz reportedly turned down $8m/yr ... Trade him or use him for next 2 yrs & be done

Old
06-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Franchising Cruz next year would mean he got less of a contract than he is asking for.

Really, really losing respect for him.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Honestly as soon as I heard this my gut reaction was...well that makes no financial sense. I don't see it.

06-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Lundsanity30

Taking a risk but Giants will pay off he performs again. He's better than most teams #1's

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 03:30 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Taking a risk but Giants will pay off he performs again. He's better than most teams #1's
I can't see him ever getting much more from the Giants.

Nicks is more important,imo, in the grand scheme of Gilbride's offense.

No matter what he does this year they can franchise him next year and get 2 yrs at less $.

He really has little to gain

Old
06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
What? Not really. Cruz is not a #1 WR.

Old
06-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

What are his reported demands? $7-8 million per year would make him one of the richest WR in the game, no?

06-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What? Not really. Cruz is not a #1 WR.
He's still better than most teams wide receivers. Wallace and Bowe just got PAID. Guess who has better numbers?

Old
06-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torey Krug Fan View Post
What are his reported demands? $7-8 million per year would make him one of the richest WR in the game, no?
He wants to be paid like a #1. I don't blame him. If Giants don't want to their choice but someone else will

Old
06-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Fine by me. Eli has been making receivers look much better than they are for a very, very long time now. You all know the list.

Cruz was nowhere to be seen when Nicks was injured. Even Manningham when forced into the #1 role in the past was more effective. He's a sheriff's deputy, a tricky little slot receiver, and he wants to be paid like he's Megatron. Learn to deal. Life isn't about "My way or the highway."

Old
06-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Cruz is great, but he's a tiny slot receiver who has E-God throwing to him. He's not even the best WR on the team! If Nicks had the ability to stay healthy.....ugh.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
He wants to be paid like a #1. I don't blame him. If Giants don't want to their choice but someone else will
And I think they'll be very disappointed if they chuck boatloads of cash at him

Old
06-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Fine by me. Eli has been making receivers look much better than they are for a very, very long time now. You all know the list.

Cruz was nowhere to be seen when Nicks was injured. Even Manningham when forced into the #1 role in the past was more effective. He's a sheriff's deputy, a tricky little slot receiver, and he wants to be paid like he's Megatron. Learn to deal. Life isn't about "My way or the highway."
I agree that Eli makes people look better than they are. I disagree about Cruz though and Nicks was useless when he did play all last year because of injuries and Cruz still had 1000+ yards and 10tds. Also Eli was eratic as hell last year compared to other years so I wouldn't say our WR looked good thanks to him last year

Old
06-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torey Krug Fan View Post
Cruz is great, but he's a tiny slot receiver who has E-God throwing to him. He's not even the best WR on the team! If Nicks had the ability to stay healthy.....ugh.
If, should of, could of, would of. He doesn't. Why would we give him a fat contract when he's always hurt?

Old
06-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
If, should of, could of, would of. He doesn't. Why would we give him a fat contract when he's always hurt?
I never said that. Still referring to Cruz.

Old
06-15-2013, 12:01 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I almost hope Cruz misses the first couple games due to minor injury & someone else lights it up in the slot.

Then he'll come to his senses.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:15 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

The Giants Linebacker corps is going to be the death of them this season. If opposing offenses can shut down the d-line, it's over.

Rivers - Herzlich - Williams.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Barf.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Williams is a good pass defense LB. Plus they have the new SS Aaron Curry who is supposed to be OK.

Boley is still unsigned, FWIW. Could get him on a sweetheart return like Rocky Bernard. Funny how one mediocre season after a few great ones and you can't get hired any more.

Crazy fact; Kiwanuka is older than Justin Tuck.