HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to Ottawa

Old
06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
Wiercicoch in a Hemsky deal is a non starter. its just is not going to happen.

Wondercarrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
WillyBilly1990

vCash: 812
Wiercioch + 4th for Hemsky + 2nd(EDM)

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:13 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Wiercioch + 4th for Hemsky + 2nd(EDM)
Done let's call up MacT and get this show on the road.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Disagree. Filppula is a better two-way player and is healthier. He had a bad year, Hemsky has had 2 in a row.

I would'nt say that Filppula is healthier his numbers were down this season because he was playing hurt I agree i would still rather take Filppula over Hemksy any day.
Then don't give Filppula that contract. Offer him 4 and that's it. I'm cool with the Sens current roster. Rather stay put then add Hemsky

Yeah in what world would Filppula take $4m to sign with any other team other then Detroit if any team out there offers Filppula only $4m on the open market then he resigns back with Detroit Ken Holland has already offered him that much on a 6 year deal and was laughed at no team out there is going to get Filppula for less then $5m a year and you can take that to the bank.

lol

Just bad luck, eh? Bad luck after bad luck after bad luck. Poor guy can't catch a break.

''Hemsky was great this year''. Please. Well maybe for Oil standards, but not Ottawa standards.

The guy will never play a full season again. He'll never be a ppg player again. Stupid investment on Ottawa's part.
Hemsky when healthy is a decent player it's just most of the time he's not healthy enough.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
The thing is he'll most likely resign with you guys.
Source?

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Magix

Sens have ceci in the pipes and eventually some of the younger dmen will have to go. Hemsky would be a solid pickup for ottawa, definetley wouldnt be a bad deal between the teams if one of smith, wiercioch and gryba are being sent the other way.

UFAs this year are garbage in terms of high end skill.

Magix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:38 PM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Source?
He's been loyal to stick with one of the worst teams in the league his entire career, I'd bet on him staying wherever he's traded to.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:39 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
Why is Hemsky the guy that Edmonton wants to move? It isn't like they are full of vets, whihc IMO is a weakness,

Eberle and Yakupov at RW already, Hemsky isn't a bottom 6 guy, he's someone who needs to be put in an offensive role. He's been with the team for a long time already now there's a changing of the guard type mentality. It's the kids team and Hemsky and the Oilers would do well with a fresh start. It's simply too crowded on the wings with the skilled guys. Need some more size more than another finesse guy. If they'd known they were going to wind up getting Yakupov they probably would have traded him rather than giving him a new deal.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Do Make Say Think

vCash: 144
Honestly I'd stay far away from anything that the Oilers have touched over the last few years

Thanks but no thanks

Hemsky is not reliable enough due to injury concerns

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
Hemsky would be option #42 on a LOOOOOONG list of possible solutions for Ottawa. At the point, iyOttawa might be better off just re-signing Latendresse ( who is much younger) who'd put up similar production (less points but more hits and requires less icetime) for 1/3 the salary.
Cool story. Just list me the other 41 and I'm totally drinking your Kool-aid

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Senz
Ottawa Flyers

looks like smith for hemsky might actually happen

Senz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senz View Post
looks like smith for hemsky might actually happen
Based on what?

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:05 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherith Cutestory View Post
Based on what?
The value is probably fair, but I'd be pretty disappointed to lose Smith in a Hemsky deal.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Based on what?
Supposedly there are 2 EDM posters (one of which posted in this thread) that have a legit source, or at least reliable enough that one of our mods has allowed it to stand as a source. Whether that means anything is 100% certain remains to be seen, but it would tie into the fact Terry Jones announced the Oilers have a deal worked out with another team and are waiting for the finals to announce it. Jones isn't a rumour monger like Garrioch, he rarely speculates on player movement. Also, during game (3 or 4, can't remember) it showed MacT sitting with Yzerman, then later talking with Murray. Might not mean anything, but it seems like the two teams fit as trade partners.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:10 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

in that case let's go hawks we need to find out what this is good or bad

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:31 PM
hockeyjack89
Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
I would do something around

Hemsky + Musil/Gernat

for

Wiercioch + O'brien

or

Hemsky + Musil/Gernat + ana 2nd

Wiercioch + Z. Smith

would prefer the second trade but don't know if enough for Ott
Terrible trades for the Oilers

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
Terrible trades for the Oilers

Wiercioch is a young and cheap 3/4 defenseman with offense and size... Worth A LOT more than Hemsky.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:10 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Cool story. Just list me the other 41 and I'm totally drinking your Kool-aid
For one, before trading a valuable roster player for the privilege of playing the human band aide Hemsky $5.0 million, I think the Sens should look at better and (very likely) cheaper players who are available in the UFA market to fill the hole, such as:

1. Horton
2. Iginla
3. Clarkson
4. Clowe
5. Ryder
6. MacArthur
7. Filppula
8. Jagr
9. Dupuis
10. Boyes
11. Brunner
12. Latendresse (The Senators aren't going to re-sign him because of injuries and poor production, but he's younger, much cheaper, and has a year of experience on the Senators so I consider him a better option than Hemksy)
13. Raymond (Not a fan personally, but he'll cost a lot less than Hemsky and we won't need to replace Smith with O'Brien)

Honorable Mentions: (Briere, Morrow, PM Bouchard, and Penner)

Next up, I think Ottawa should look to trade for players rumoured to be available that are better than Hemsky, such as:

14. Bobby Ryan (Bit of a pipe dream)
15. Cammalleri
17. Vanek
18. Tanguay

As well, there's also some RFA's that could be traded for (or possibly offersheeted), that are better options than Hemsky for various reasons:

19. Stewart
20. Gagner
21. Wheeler
22. Boedker
23. Korpikoski

Ottawa could also try moving one of their NHL centers to the wing:

24. Turris
25. Zibanejad
26. Pageau

Outside of those options, it also might be a better option to promote an NHL ready prospect, some of whom already have NHL games played:

27. Hoffman
28. Stone
29. Prince
30. Puempel
31. Noesen

Even after all that, there's still the option of acquiring a center and playing them on the wing, but that would add too many options for me to consider.

You're right though, in the end I didn't get to 42.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:33 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Based on what?
based on nothing

note it has been an Oil leak of this news that there might be 2 to 5 trades, one might involve Hemsky, one might involve Ottawa, and no Sens players are named by the posters, one of which says his dad took a MBA with the Oil GM, which makes him less connected than most

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:33 AM
BK201

I'd be surprised if Ottawa moved a cheap center on a long term contract with an edge for a soft injury riddled second liner on an expiring contract.

Let's be real Hemsky has real talent but we need goals and he hasn't been healthy enough to score more than 20 for a long time.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
What would be fair value for him?

Ottawa needs a scoring winger, has the room to take on a bad contract for a year, and may be willing to take a chance on a guy that needs to bounce back.

Ottawa has plenty of prospects/picks available
Continuing to wait for guys to "bounce back" gets old in the NHL. Guys like Hemsky are more likely to bounce off the boards than anywhere else.

The real question with Hemsky is this? What would you be willing to give up for him??

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:44 AM
BK201

Do not know what to think of this Hemsky for Smith rumor :/

I mean our center depth is ok but really with out him the bottom 6 gets thin unless they really did like grant down there.

I like Smith personally and from what the source seems to be I'm not to worried.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
1. Horton (BOS)
2. Iginla (Not sure, but legit contender, something the Sens aren't quite there yet)
3. Clarkson (TOR or NJ)
4. Clowe (a possibility, but will cost 5 mil per on a long term deal)
5. Ryder (a possibility, and likely less costly than Hemsky, but again longer term. My guess 4x4)
6. MacArthur (see Ryder)
7. Filppula (will cost as much as Hemsky, better all around player but not as skilled. Also min 5 yr term)
8. Jagr (retired)
9. Dupuis (Pens more than likely)
10. Boyes (Jekyll and Hyde player his whole career, but probably gets 3x3, might be worth the risk)
11. Brunner (Z's buddy, stays in DET)
12. Latendresse (The Senators aren't going to re-sign him because of injuries and poor production, but he's younger, much cheaper, and has a year of experience on the Senators so I consider him a better option than Hemksy)
13. Raymond (Cogliano v2.0 with weaker shot, but would be cheaper)
15. Cammalleri (Remind me the part where he's cheaper? 6 mil hit, 7 mil in actual salary)
17. Vanek (Do tell why the Sabres move him in division? 7.4 and the assets would be Zibenejad +1st)
18. Tanguay (I'll give you this one. Costs the same asset + though. Contract ends at 36 though)
19. Stewart (For 19-21, they'll likely all be re-signed. 22+23 possibly, but Bettman won't be happy)
20. Gagner
21. Wheeler
22. Boedker
23. Korpikoski
24. Turris (For 24-26 I agree they could be as good/better options, but you're not adding to the team)
25. Zibanejad
26. Pageau (19 games is enough proof to be a better option than Hemsky's 451pts in 597 games?)
27. Hoffman (All quality prospects, but Noeson and maybe Stone are the only ones with better upside, and definitely not better than Hemmer in the next 2 years).
28. Stone
29. Prince
30. Puempel
31. Noesen
Filled in the blanks for you. Maybe you disagree, but I see 4-6 viable options. Maybe that's enough to dissuade Murray, but I think we also have to examine Smith. Is he a really good 4th line C who's paid slightly above market, or is he a guy who's still growing who'll be a steal for a 3C in the final year of his contract?

The part I find funny is your willingness to list 3 current roster players and 5 prospects to potentially take the role Hemsky would provide (top 6 winger), but then act like Smith's role couldn't be just as easily replace, if not more so.

I personally think if Alfie retires, and Hemmer joins your team and plays with Spezza and Michalek that he will return to 60+point production. Why is a 1 yr gamble for that not worth a good 4th/below avg 3rd line C in terms of risk?

Old
06-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Supposedly there are 2 EDM posters (one of which posted in this thread) that have a legit source, or at least reliable enough that one of our mods has allowed it to stand as a source. Whether that means anything is 100% certain remains to be seen, but it would tie into the fact Terry Jones announced the Oilers have a deal worked out with another team and are waiting for the finals to announce it. Jones isn't a rumour monger like Garrioch, he rarely speculates on player movement. Also, during game (3 or 4, can't remember) it showed MacT sitting with Yzerman, then later talking with Murray. Might not mean anything, but it seems like the two teams fit as trade partners.
No offense but that sounds very similar to your uncle's wife's brother's buddy who lived in Edmonton in 1982 and worked in the bar where the Oilers were dumb enough to hire the bartender as their agent type guy....

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 01:58 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
For one, before trading a valuable roster player for the privilege of playing the human band aide Hemsky $5.0 million, I think the Sens should look at better and (very likely) cheaper players who are available in the UFA market to fill the hole, such as:

1. Horton
2. Iginla
3. Clarkson
4. Clowe
5. Ryder
6. MacArthur
7. Filppula
8. Jagr
9. Dupuis
10. Boyes
11. Brunner
13. Raymond (Not a fan personally, but he'll cost a lot less than Hemsky and we won't need to replace Smith with O'Brien)

Honorable Mentions: (Briere, Morrow, PM Bouchard, and Penner)

Next up, I think Ottawa should look to trade for players rumoured to be available that are better than Hemsky, such as:

15. Cammalleri
17. Vanek
18. Tanguay

As well, there's also some RFA's that could be traded for (or possibly offersheeted), that are better options than Hemsky for various reasons:

19. Stewart
20. Gagner
21. Wheeler
22. Boedker
23. Korpikoski

Ottawa could also try moving one of their NHL centers to the wing:

24. Turris
25. Zibanejad
26. Pageau

Outside of those options, it also might be a better option to promote an NHL ready prospect, some of whom already have NHL games played:

27. Hoffman
28. Stone
29. Prince
30. Puempel
31. Noesen

Even after all that, there's still the option of acquiring a center and playing them on the wing, but that would add too many options for me to consider.

You're right though, in the end I didn't get to 42.

Hey not saying it's impossible but 19-31 are your only realistic options. It's fine that you think those 31 players are better options than Hemsky but that is why this is HFBoards and not RLBoards.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote