HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens sign defenseman Davis Drewiske to a two-year contract ($637.5K AAV)

Old
06-14-2013, 07:50 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
How does Gorges being #3 make our defense suck? Scuderi played #2 minutes for LA, a team that won the cup last year and got to the sme finals this year. Your problem is you live in a dream world where every #4 d-man in the NHL is a Kronwall or Girardi. There was a list posted a few weeks back of guys playing top 4 minutes...Boston had Ference, Chicago had Oduya, LA had Scuderi and Regehr, Pittsburgh had Niskanen yet Gorges is not good enough to be a #3-4 in the NHL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
As for the D question; You're talking about Kronwall and Girardi, who in fact, are good #2 guys in this league.

You're talking about Ference, who shares his duties with Boychuk and McQuaid in the 3/4/5 slot, and who's much, much more physical than Gorges. He's also better offensively for that matter. And he certainly didn't look as bad defensively as Gorges did this season.

You named guys like Niskanen and Oduya who are twice the skaters Gorges is, Scuderi who has won 2 Stanley Cup while being the main shutdown d-man of his team, and Regehr who's still very physical despite getting older.

Your top-4 d-men, in general, contribute to one facet of the game. No matter what it is.

Gorges is contributing to none. His shot-blocking has not been helping Price this year. That's all he has to his game.

Subban is a top-4 d-man. Markov is a top-4 d-man. Emelin has potential to become one. Gorges? If you have him as a top-4 d-man, you better hope he's at the top of his game. Because when he's not, it's really painful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
He isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Gorges was the guy that stepped in and had Gallagher stay him in, no way management is even thinking of trading him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Are you kidding me? Did we enter into an alternate universe where Gorges is untouchable? Did I miss something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
This is true but I think management would be open to trading him if they got the right offer, especially for the money he makes. What I was getting at was guys like Diaz or Gorges are decent trade bait but they're also assets, so I was speculating MB was setting himself up to have a win-win scenario in the trade market. Being able to walk away gives you lots of leverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
My feelings on Gorges are well known, I don't think you would have a lot of trading partners at his price regardless.
Quote:
Diaz and a few other guys yes,

But Gorges, I just can't see him being shopped, even by watching 24CH, you can see Therrien leaning on Gorges as a leader more than anyone else, remembered a time he asked the room a question and went to Gorges first for his opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really don't think that precludes you from being traded. It's a pretty minor things. It's nice of him, but minor.
Quote:
Its just my opinion so no one has to agree with me, but I don't think its minor.

Doesn't mean his untouchable, but it would take something of an over-payment for Bergevin to trade him, and with how he has played this year, that is unlikely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
I will take Oduya , Ferrance , Scuderi ,over Gorges any day of the week

Kronwall is a #2 not a 4 , and Girardi is one of the better shut down d in the league , not our overated Gorges

cmon you are way overating Josh

Gorges is a 5 on great teams, he does nothing well , lacks size , gets beat by bigger players , average my friend and the playoffs showed it
Quote:
Gorges is as good or better than those guys. You can say what you want but Gorges is a guy a lot of GM's would go after if he was a UFA. He is durable, reliable, smart, gritty and a leader. People on here suddenly turn on him because heaerned a nice contract and got it.

I brought up Girardi and Kronwall to prove a point, both guys are #1 on their respective teams. I guess you missed the point.

Not sure how a guy 6'1" 205lbs "lacks size" when he is bigger than 3 of Chicago's d-men and the same weight as a 4th. The only thing the playoffs "showed" is we can't win with half a team and crappy goaltending. Huge revalation!

In ter
To all I have quoted above, I'm sure you all know my thoughts about Gorges, but to summarize.

This year he played like a 6th defenseman. Most other years he plays shutdown role which is technically supposed to be the 2nd unit I believe (In Boston it is Chara, but he's an exception).

So that means he is supposed to be a #3 or #4 defenseman. At best, he's a #4, I think he would fit better as a depth guy at #5 that can move up to #4 when it calls for it.

The problem is with our team is we have many #4/#5 guys and nobody that is close to being a #3 after Marky Mark and Sooby Dooby Doo.

Emelin, Diaz, Gorges are all those #4/#5 guys i'm referring to. After Subban came back, Diaz was playing with Bouillon I believe on the last pairing until Emelin went down. I don't think he could handle more minutes, as our defense as a unit broke down after Emelin left due to injury. Emelin out of all of them IMO is the closest to #3 we have, but barely doable. If you have Emelin and Gorges as your #3 and #4 guys, it's doable but I don't think this is SC contending Top 4 Defense. Regehr and Scuderi are miles above Gorges and Emelin in both experience and defensive ability.

IMO, our defensive hole is at #3. We obviously can't do much this season because with injuries like Emelin and whoever follows during the season, we won't have enough NHL capable D to fill in.

Hence why I suggest to all that you hold the phone on trading ANY of our defensemen this year unless, only, if we aren't even close to contending for playoffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It's strange, isn't it?

I was thinking about the habs defensive depth chart, and I didn't even remember to include drewiske, until this signing reminded me of him.

Anyways, I've seen him perform better than he did with the habs down the stretch last season. Maybe a full camp with the team will settle him down a little bit. Hopefully, he wont be asked to do anything more than spot duties on the 3rd pairing.
I am the same way. This signing is pure gold. Give the guy a full camp this year and time to adjust to our team and he'll be one of the best 7th (actually 8th, i'll explain below) defensemen signing in a long time.

Our depth chart without regards to injury, is:

Subban
Markov
Emelin
Gorges
Diaz
Tinordi
Bouillon
Drewiske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Guess which is the only D on the Habs with a cup ring. Habs too good for that player to play the same role on this team?
Agreed. Drewiske is going to be a brilliant 8th D signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Exactly. MB can now go and look for a feasible trading partner to flip Diaz, Gorges, etc for a need (Physical Dman, Power Forward). I think he's setting himself up for options at the draft. Hopefully we can snag Someone good.
DO NOT TRADE OUR DEFENSEMEN. We have an existing injury with Emelin out till at least December, if not January. We will have MOAR injuries later cuz we're the Habs remember people. Let's wait to see our position at the deadline before we go and "flip" people.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Top Corner2

Hopefully Drewiske can turn out like Gorges did and a full year will make a big difference!

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Et le But

Gorges is a #2 in the sense that last year I often came close to making a "number two" in my pants when he was on the ice. He's usually a solid middle pairing guy though, probably a 4D on most teams.

Not sure what that has to do with Drewiske though, a budget backup. The two year deal seems odd to me, but he's better than Weber and probably better than Campoli and Picard types. Like those guys though, the less he plays the better, since he should be a backup.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:11 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey View Post
7th dman with experience...no reason to hate this move
Lots of reasons apparently.

it should be clear by now that Bergevin will build through the draft.

That means signings like big DD, small DD and Cube. Yes, we might suck in the short term, but he's playing the long game here.

That means giving the youngins more time in Hamilton and not rushing them. The way it should be done.

Aside from the 'get better/bigger NOW' crowd, It boggles my mind that not many other posters can see this...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Habbadasher

Drewiske did not play well down the stretch, but then he is getting less than about 1/3 the league average, so pay for performance.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:31 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Lots of reasons apparently.

it should be clear by now that Bergevin will build through the draft.
T
That means signings like big DD, small DD and Cube. Yes, we might suck in the short term, but he's playing the long game here.

That means giving the youngins more time in Hamilton and not rushing them. The way it should be done.

Aside from the 'get better/bigger NOW' crowd, It boggles my mind that not many other posters can see this...
It is obvious to me that Tinordi can start the season in Hamilton.

He can join the Habs when the inevitable injuries happen.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thin line between loving and hating a move. I remember people not minding the Bouillon signing based on the fact that he's a "perfect 7th d-man" unless they realize that....****....he's actually playing top 6 ???? So now, Drewiske is ALSO a fine #7th d-man but first let's remember something. They just gave a guy a 2-year contract, a guy they actually saw play 9 games with us. And let's think that those guys are not stupid...so did we actually took the time to sign a #7 d-man? Or in signing guys like that prior to July, are they actually thinking he'd be a regular top 6 with Emelin not being ready and if Tinordi doesn't start with us? So now...how do you feel about that D?

Subban (great, move on)
Markov (going downhill from this day)
Gorges (see, a tough year in a tough TEAM year like 2 years ago...fine....but a tough year in such a great year? Nobody is a little scared? Not even one bit?)
Diaz (up and down player. Not sure we always know what to expect from him....)
Bouillon (with his limitations...)
Drewiske (with his limitations, part 2)
Tinordi (sophomore jinx? Or just a rookie who will make rookie mistakes despite the great future)

So let's ask this question again....are you guys really confortable with this mediocre lineup? I couldn't care less if Gorges is a #3, 4, 5 or 6, the problem isn't Gorges...it's the whole D lineup. Not enough talent. Not enough depth. Not enough mix. But if getting rid of Gorges means getting a better mix in the lineup...you have to do it. Getting rid of Weber and Kaberle means nothing. As you will have nothing for them. My hope is a 5th or 6th rounder for Weber. And I'm not even expecting it for 2013.

Yeah but then Emelin comes back and everything will be fine...to which I say nobody remembers how tough it was for Emelin prior to his injury. And nobody knows how tough it will be coming back from such a terrible injury. It's not like the guy will come in and be a game changing d-man from the start. Understand it's not a 82-game season but can people ALSO realize that most fans are waiting to see Price fail. With the tons of expectations that will come with that....WE DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY TO WAIT TILL EMELIN THE SAVIOUR COMES BACK. People won't wait. Price will be on the hot seat from the very first preseason game yet again. He needs a better defensive system and better D's RIGHT away. Yeah, I know easier said than done. I understand. But my point is, you first need to realize that it's not good enough.

So the idea is....IF signing Drewiske is solely to fill up a #7 spot, I say it's fine. But IF signing Drewiske is already pencilling him in a top 6 and not change the other D's we already have, I say we are in big trouble.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 06-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:13 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
You seem to have no clue about the NHL do you? Do you think NHL teams have Shea Webers Duncan Keiths and Drew Doughty's as their #4 d-men? Gorges is solid for a #3 and above average for a #4. Go look at NHL rosters and minutes played.

He plays mistake free hockey, he covers his man, uses his body despite not being huge and is good at KEEPING PUCKS OUT OF OUR NET? It's that one of the two objectives of hockey? Score goals at one end and stop them at the other?
Gotta love the condescending put downs from someone who has no clue what they're talking about.

Who is talking about Keith, Seabrook or Weber as a #4? None of these guys are #4 dmen so I have no idea what you're talking about. Gorges is NOT solid for a #3 if you want a competitive team. Look around at other "solid" #4 and #3 dmen. I can tell you they bring a lot more than shot blocking and "leadership".

As far as mistake free hockey. I'd have to question what games you have been watching. He was overextended last year because he was playing way out of his comfort zone. The fact that you don't see this is mind boggling. Gorges is a #4/5 on a good team. A #5 on a great team. But in MTL, he's a #2,#3. And you wonder why we have been terrible in the playoffs.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thin line between loving and hating a move. I remember people not minding the Bouillon signing based on the fact that he's a "perfect 7th d-man" unless they realize that....****....he's actually playing top 6 ???? So now, Drewiske is ALSO a fine #7th d-man but first let's remember something. They just gave a guy a 2-year contract, a guy they actually saw play 9 games with us. And let's think that those guys are not stupid...so did we actually took the time to sign a #7 d-man? Or in signing guys like that prior to July, are they actually thinking he'd be a regular top 6 with Emelin not being ready and if Tinordi doesn't start with us? So now...how do you feel about that D?

Subban (great, move on)
Gorges (see, a tough year in a tough TEAM year like 2 years ago...fine....but a tough year in such a great year? Nobody is a little scared? Not even one bit?)
Tinordi (sophomore jinx? Or just a rookie who will make rookie mistakes despite the great future)

So let's ask this question again....are you guys really confortable with this mediocre lineup? I couldn't care less if Gorges is a #3, 4, 5 or 6, the problem isn't Gorges...it's the whole D lineup. Not enough talent. Not enough depth. Not enough mix. But if getting rid of Gorges means getting a better mix in the lineup...you have to do it. Getting rid of Weber and Kaberle means nothing. As you will have nothing for them. My hope is a 5th or 6th rounder for Weber. And I'm not even expecting it for 2013.

Yeah but then Emelin comes back and everything will be fine...to which I say nobody remembers how tough it was for Emelin prior to his injury. And nobody knows how tough it will be coming back from such a terrible injury. It's not like the guy will come in and be a game changing d-man from the start. Understand it's not a 82-game season but can people ALSO realize that most fans are waiting to see Price fail. With the tons of expectations that will come with that....WE DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY TO WAIT TILL EMELIN THE SAVIOUR COMES BACK. People won't wait. Price will be on the hot seat from the very first preseason game yet again. He needs a better defensive system and better D's RIGHT away. Yeah, I know easier said than done. I understand. But my point is, you first need to realize that it's not good enough.

So the idea is....IF signing Drewiske is solely to fill up a #7 spot, I say it's fine. But IF signing Drewiske is already pencilling him in a top 6 and not change the other D's we already have, I say we are in big trouble.

Top-flight post WS. Couldn't agree more, took the words right out of my mouth. We've got some bright spots on defence but aren't made to be a competitor with how the roster is set up now. Big changes should be coming if we're hoping to truly compete next year.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Gotta love the condescending put downs from someone who has no clue what they're talking about.

Who is talking about Keith, Seabrook or Weber as a #4? None of these guys are #4 dmen so I have no idea what you're talking about. Gorges is NOT solid for a #3 if you want a competitive team. Look around at other "solid" #4 and #3 dmen. I can tell you they bring a lot more than shot blocking and "leadership".

As far as mistake free hockey. I'd have to question what games you have been watching. He was overextended last year because he was playing way out of his comfort zone. The fact that you don't see this is mind boggling. Gorges is a #4/5 on a good team. A #5 on a great team. But in MTL, he's a #2,#3. And you wonder why we have been terrible in the playoffs.
Ference Oduya Scuderi

But I guess those guys are studs because their "shot blockling" and "leadership" is worth more. If those guys were here you would be saying the same thing about them. Scuderi is actually getting #2 minutes in LA!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:35 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Might just be filler as we wait for Emelin to return.
It's a little more than that.

The club would not sign a player to a two-year deal if he is only in their plans for 3 months.

I think the Habs brass believes Drewiske can become a 6th defenceman or better, and that he just lacked time to integrate with the club.

He is a large frame guy who will clear the crease and fight hard for the puck in his own zone. He also has a bit of an offensive touch.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
It's a little more than that.

The club would not sign a player to a two-year deal if he is only in their plans for 3 months.

I think the Habs brass believes Drewiske can become a 6th defenceman or better, and that he just lacked time to integrate with the club.

He is a large frame guy who will clear the crease and fight hard for the puck in his own zone. He also has a bit of an offensive touch.
Filler in the top-6* I don't expect to see him playing regular minutes all year. Maybe they see something I don't though.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

I'll agree with what WS said. This combined with the Bouillon signing makes it a bit of a headscratcher. Hell, the bouillon signing alone was a head scratcher.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Ference Oduya Scuderi

But I guess those guys are studs because their "shot blockling" and "leadership" is worth more. If those guys were here you would be saying the same thing about them. Scuderi is actually getting #2 minutes in LA!
Which probably mean that in the end, LA doesn't have that great of a defense. But have a very good offense and defensive system. And that Quick is a real top 3 goalie in this league saving their ass a whole lot.

Voynov has also gotten more minutes per game in the regular season with Scuderi not far behind. And Regher not far behind him as well. Scuderi was #4 at ES. But #1 SH but #8 at PP. Not what I would consider a REAL #2 though.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Subban (great, move on)

The funny thing is, when the topic is goaltending there's a great deal of opinion that the D just isn't up to the challenge, when the topic turns to the D and specific upgrades
are proposed there's no shortage of opinion that that particular guy isn't "the problem".

I am not one to think that mathematics or luck will allow the same players to take the ice next year and produce better results in the playoffs, so change has to start. For that I empathize with those concerned about the Drewiske and Bouillon signings. I am one to think that the skill/size balance hasn't been generally met on this team so I look for the Bouillons and Diaz's and Gorges to be vulnerable to replacement. That's a different discussion than accusing a player of being "The" problem.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:16 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Subban
Markov
Gorges
Emelin
Diaz
Bouillon
Drewiske

All under contract. And where are we supposed to improve this team exactly?

This D lineup stays the same, and we're not even talking only about an early playoffs elimination. We're talking about Price wanting to get the **** out of here.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:46 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Subban
Markov
Gorges
Emelin
Diaz
Bouillon
Drewiske

All under contract. And where are we supposed to improve this team exactly?

This D lineup stays the same, and we're not even talking only about an early playoffs elimination. We're talking about Price wanting to get the **** out of here.
That D lineup has playoff written all over it.

As well as another first round exit.

Maybe Bergevin is just playing around with us here after the early extensions of Moen, Desharnais, Boullion and now Drewiske. Surely he is about to announce some trades/additions that will address our core problems instead of just nibbling around the edges.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:50 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That D lineup has playoff written all over it.

As well as another first round exit.

Maybe Bergevin is just playing around with us here after the early extensions of Moen, Desharnais, Boullion and now Drewiske. Surely he is about to announce some trades/additions that will address our core problems instead of just nibbling around the edges.
Training camps open in about 90 days...lots of time to do some magic!!

Relax guys...relax...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Beendair Donedat

Anyone who knows Bergevin shouldn't be surprised at this move. He's often stated, including on 24CH, that "you can never have enough defensemen." Drewiske is a depth move, and can play a limited role as a sixth man in case of injury. Boullion shouldn't be there, but much like Desharnais, he's a Francophone and that will always be a factor in Montreal.

Cheap price for depth, Drewiske isn't a top 4 guy but he's not as bad as some would have you believe.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Bergevin obviously likes giving contracts to guys who play just like he did. Get those grinders in there and give them some cash, sympathy?

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:58 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Anyone who knows Bergevin shouldn't be surprised at this move. He's often stated, including on 24CH, that "you can never have enough defensemen." Drewiske is a depth move, and can play a limited role as a sixth man in case of injury. Boullion shouldn't be there, but much like Desharnais, he's a Francophone and that will always be a factor in Montreal.

Cheap price for depth, Drewiske isn't a top 4 guy but he's not as bad as some would have you believe.
huh?

I really don't think them being francophone has anything to do with their ice time. DD maybe got a chance because of Carbo and he played great when the team sucked. Last year he wasn't the best, but he isn't a minor league player. Cube slowed down a lot last year, and I don't expect him to play much if others can prove they deserve the ice time more. Established players get the benefit of the doubt until a young guy can prove that they deserve to play over him.

Nothing to do with them being able to speak French.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'll agree with what WS said. This combined with the Bouillon signing makes it a bit of a headscratcher. Hell, the bouillon signing alone was a head scratcher.
Why would the Bouillon signing be a head scratcher?

Steady veteran for a #5-6 spot that can step into bigger minutes when needed for a short period of time. 1.5 mil is minimal and only for 1 year. Cheap, solid depth. He's ideal for a veteran, keeps it simple, gritty and a charcter guy, good to have around the kids.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Habs

Quote:
Or in signing guys like that prior to July, are they actually thinking he'd be a regular top 6 with Emelin not being ready and if Tinordi doesn't start with us? So now...how do you feel about that D?
Not good, as usual.

Quote:
So let's ask this question again....are you guys really confortable with this mediocre lineup?
Nope.

Quote:
We are indeed in trouble if we don't address the blueline somewhat.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The funny thing is, when the topic is goaltending there's a great deal of opinion that the D just isn't up to the challenge, when the topic turns to the D and specific upgrades
are proposed there's no shortage of opinion that that particular guy isn't "the problem".

I am not one to think that mathematics or luck will allow the same players to take the ice next year and produce better results in the playoffs, so change has to start. For that I empathize with those concerned about the Drewiske and Bouillon signings. I am one to think that the skill/size balance hasn't been generally met on this team so I look for the Bouillons and Diaz's and Gorges to be vulnerable to replacement. That's a different discussion than accusing a player of being "The" problem.
Well the only reason why I say that is because when it comes to the goalie...the guy is alone out there. If he is a problem, well he is. As far as the D's, let say you are about the build a tremendous D when Gorges ends up, for example, a #5/#6 and PK'er. I could clearly deal with that as it will mean we have a terrific top 4 AND that Gorges might be better suited for a reduced role making him be, maybe a terrific #5. But then, it does happen that one problem ends up being a problem if he REALLY is terrible. Until last year, we've all been satisfied with Gorges. Not sure it has to mean now that we could just throw him in the garbage for the pleasure of doing it. But if trading him means getting a better mix in our D, you have to consider him. Not because he is a problem but because his "trade" might bring in a solution.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
huh?

I really don't think them being francophone has anything to do with their ice time. DD maybe got a chance because of Carbo and he played great when the team sucked. Last year he wasn't the best, but he isn't a minor league player. Cube slowed down a lot last year, and I don't expect him to play much if others can prove they deserve the ice time more. Established players get the benefit of the doubt until a young guy can prove that they deserve to play over him.

Nothing to do with them being able to speak French.
Neither was a positive for the Habs last year. Bouillon is in tight with Therrien but do you (or Anyone else) actually think he's a player that could play on a Stanley Cup contending team?

Likewise do you think Desharnais deserves an extended contract for the money he got?

My answer is No to both questions.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote