HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've wanted Boll or Crombeen for some time now.
Basically just discovered how to embed youtube files so..... hope we can all appreciate that.

Boll's goal-song or after-fight celebration song. It would be an exciting time in Habsland.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Basically just discovered how to embed youtube files so..... hope we can all appreciate that.

Boll's goal-song or after-fight celebration song. It would be an exciting time in Habsland.
God, ACDC sucks.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Draft

Quote:
God, ACDC sucks.
Only thing separating one of their songs from one another are the lyrics. Talk about sticking with what makes you successful. Price could take some lessons. Metaphors, everywhere.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
shutehinside

I think we should get younger, quicker, bigger and get some more leadership on this team. I love Gio and Pleks but it might be time to get some new leadership in the room, some one whose won before.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Guys, I have to agree with Agnostic and that other poster (sorry, forgot the name). Diaz, like I've said numerous times, is a #4/#5 fringe player...RIGHT NOW.

Diaz' Career NHL numbers: 82 GP, 30 PTS, 4 G, 26 A, -3, 36 PIM

Good for a Top 4...on Montreal. IMO, he got a lot of points at the beginning of this season because of PP time (NO PK...SUBBAN) and after that he got injured and regressed when he came back (clearly wasn't ready or something).

He can play top 4 minutes when it is required of him (aka when PK wasn't playing) but he could never play consistently well...

This is just my opinion of him. Don't have to take it as fact.
You know points are not the only thing to look at right when evaluating a player, especially a defenseman? He had 44 blocked shots in 23 games played. Like I pointed out earlier he played 22 minutes in the month of February before his injury and I'm pretty sure a certain PK was there around that time He played more time on the PK than Bouillon and Emelin who are supposed to be our defensive guys so that goes to show you that he's not as much as a liability than some people make him out to be. Plus who cares if he got most of his points when Subban wasn't there at the start of the season, he still produced and showed good chemistry with Markov so I don't get the point of pointing that out as if it was a negative thing.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I am listening to Thunderstruck full blast right now just so I can forget the ACDC slagging I just read.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think we should get younger, quicker, bigger and get some more leadership on this team. I love Gio and Pleks but it might be time to get some new leadership in the room, some one whose won before.
i don't know about "younger"...

Galch, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Eller give us 4 of our top-9 under 25
Subban is under 25 & Diaz/Emelin/Gorges are 28... plus we have Tinordi/Beaulieu not far from regular duty.

adding some grit, and perhaps some leadership would be good short term moves.

If we could add either Morrow/Iginla up front (on reasonable 2, max 3 year deals), and possibly 1 of scuderi/murray (same thing), that would be ideal.

Bourque - Pleks - Gallagher
Pacioretty - DD - Iginla/Morrow
Galch - Eller - Gionta/Prust
Prust - White - Moen
(dumont, leblanc, kristo, holland)

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Murray/Scuderi (until emelin returns)
Tinordi - Diaz
Bouillion
(Drewiskie, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn)

Old
06-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
You know points are not the only thing to look at right when evaluating a player, especially a defenseman? He had 44 blocked shots in 23 games played. Like I pointed out earlier he played 22 minutes in the month of February before his injury and I'm pretty sure a certain PK was there around that time He played more time on the PK than Bouillon and Emelin who are supposed to be our defensive guys so that goes to show you that he's not as much as a liability than some people make him out to be. Plus who cares if he got most of his points when Subban wasn't there at the start of the season, he still produced and showed good chemistry with Markov so I don't get the point of pointing that out as if it was a negative thing.
I agree with this, but he also doesn't seem to be in the long term plan someone he's great trade bait if required

Old
06-14-2013, 01:29 PM
GrindNMuck

Hab's are looking good next year.... if

They re-sign Ryder, Armstrong

Trade: Francis Bouillon

Sign: Boyes, Bozak, Nabokov, Theodore

Old
06-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post

Dressing 4 goalies would indeed help the cause. We can stack them like lego blocks.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Draft

Quote:

Old
06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
bud12

Quote:
Boll is awesome but Crombeen is bbbuuuuurrrkkkkk! Wouldn't touch him with used toilet paper

Old
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Dressing 4 goalies would indeed help the cause. We can stack them like lego blocks.
If your Hab's fan you have to agree with me here.

My opinion line up.

Ryder-Plekenc-Bourq

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gionta

Alex Gally-Gallagher-Prust/Eller

Moen-White-Armstrong

Bench- Blunden, Dumont,

D.

Subban-Markov

Gorges-Diaz/Emelin

Kaberle-Weber

Bench: Tinordi, Drewiske

G.

Starter: Price

Backup: Nabokov, Theodore, Budaj

Should Sign: Nabokov, Theodore, Scott Hannan, Redden, Bozak, Boyes

Old
06-14-2013, 01:54 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Big Boll fan here. How does that sound....
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
That sounds friggin awesome WS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post

Just looked at the Habs Bleacher Report today and they talk about Clarkson, Torres, Clowe and Fistric for Habs needs. I would do backflips (and my back is screwed) if the Habs get Boll, Clarkson and Fistric this summer. The team would be on fire, not having our best players being abused every game against Boston, Toronto, etc. Prust would last a lot longer if Boll was there to fight the heavyweights. With Fistric literally a hitting machine while still being responsible defensively.

The Habs have the openings with Emelin out and Ryder could be traded for Boll. Then get Clarkson and trade Armstrong in the Boll deal. Those three players would be more than enough to make the Habs a contender in the SC Playoffs. Having to play all of the games against Boston and Toronto, the Habs need to beef up with guys that can play also.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
If your Hab's fan you have to agree with me here.

My opinion line up.

Ryder-Plekenc-Bourq

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gionta

Alex Gally-Gallagher-Prust/Eller

Moen-White-Armstrong

Bench- Blunden, Dumont,

D.

Subban-Markov

Gorges-Diaz/Emelin

Kaberle-Weber

Bench: Tinordi, Drewiske

G.

Starter: Price

Backup: Nabokov, Theodore, Budaj

Should Sign: Nabokov, Theodore, Scott Hannan, Redden, Bozak, Boyes
I'm a Habs fan, and I don't agree, and I don't think I need to explain why I don't agree...

Old
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Just looked at the Habs Bleacher Report today and they talk about Clarkson, Torres, Clowe and Fistric for Habs needs. I would do backflips (and my back is screwed) if the Habs get Boll, Clarkson and Fistric this summer. The team would be on fire, not having our best players being abused every game against Boston, Toronto, etc. Prust would last a lot longer if Boll was there to fight the heavyweights. With Fistric literally a hitting machine while still being responsible defensively.

The Habs have the openings with Emelin out and Ryder could be traded for Boll. Then get Clarkson and trade Armstrong in the Boll deal. Those three players would be more than enough to make the Habs a contender in the SC Playoffs. Having to play all of the games against Boston and Toronto, the Habs need to beef up with guys that can play also.
Interesting that when Montreal plays their speed game versus both those teams, they do quite well. So maybe they should stick to that. I don't mind the players you mentioned, but I really don't see the need to play some other team's game, when instead they should play to their strengths.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post

I would love to get one or 2 of these players, especially Clarkson/Clowe and Fistric (he's a bit like Komisarek though, goes out of place to hit opponents, hits hard though, and clears the crease). But how can we get Boll by sending them Ryder and Armstrong when they're both UFA ? Unless you think they'll trade us Boll for their rights ? Hum, not sure there, perhaps, but not sure... would love to get him though, him or Ryan Reaves in St-Louis (they're a playoff team, probably not available) or Matt Martin in NYI (they love him there).

Old
06-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
Interesting that when Montreal plays their speed game versus both those teams, they do quite well. So maybe they should stick to that. I don't mind the players you mentioned, but I really don't see the need to play some other team's game, when instead they should play to their strengths.
Our 'speed game' hasn't done a whole lot of good for a while now, perhaps it's time to balance things out.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:13 PM
PATCHESx67

Putting defenders in the 4th line was the past,now it's time to use Goalies has top Dman's,I mean they should be good at blocking shots right

Old
06-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Our 'speed game' hasn't done a whole lot of good for a while now, perhaps it's time to balance things out.
Ding ding ding

At best it get's us past 1 round if lucky 2

Old
06-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Ding ding ding

At best it get's us past 1 round if lucky 2
What about 2010? I guess we were really really really lucky?

Old
06-14-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Go away loser Bruins fan! That is exactly the opposite of what they should do. No Ryder, Armstrong, Boyes, Bozak, Nabby, Theodore, Iginla or Morrow.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
What about 2010? I guess we were really really really lucky?
Not lucky but we played 2 teams that weren't much physical in the Caps and Pens and matched our game much better

Old
06-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Go away loser Bruins fan! That is exactly the opposite of what they should do. No Ryder, Armstrong, Boyes, Bozak, Nabby, Theodore, Iginla or Morrow.
I didn't even bother replying, looks like a total troll and waste of time

Old
06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i don't know about "younger"...

Galch, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Eller give us 4 of our top-9 under 25
Subban is under 25 & Diaz/Emelin/Gorges are 28... plus we have Tinordi/Beaulieu not far from regular duty.

adding some grit, and perhaps some leadership would be good short term moves.

If we could add either Morrow/Iginla up front (on reasonable 2, max 3 year deals), and possibly 1 of scuderi/murray (same thing), that would be ideal.

Bourque - Pleks - Gallagher
Pacioretty - DD - Iginla/Morrow
Galch - Eller - Gionta/Prust
Prust - White - Moen
(dumont, leblanc, kristo, holland)

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Murray/Scuderi (until emelin returns)
Tinordi - Diaz
Bouillion
(Drewiskie, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn)
By younger I mean bring up more cheaper youngsters like they did with Galchy and Gally last year. Tinordi, Beaulieu and maybe Collberg, Kristo or another young player that will hopefully crack the line up. This allows the Habs to spend more on older, more established players that can then help the younger players learn how to be professionals. Detroit is a great example of this along with most other top tier clubs.

That's the part I think Montreal is missing. We don't have that top tier leadership to take us to the next level. With guys like Price, PK and Patches bringing up the rear, they're the next generation of leaders but need to learn from proven winners who have been there and done that and impart that knowledge on the new core. I know Gio won in Jersey but he's getting past his prime and injuries are preventing him from leading the way he was supposed to.

I like the idea of bringing in some older, (not pas their prime) players to be that transition leader until the PK's and Patches are ready to take the team to the next level like Logan Couture is doing now in San Jose etc...

Closed Thread