HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Should they change the formula of Overtime in the playoffs?

Old
06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Go watch soccer...

Hockey has had it right the whole time. Team game, play a team game. Shootouts are a gimmick in hockey, no place for that in the playoffs.

I LOVED the triple OT game. Im excited for saturdays sports day!. Italy confederation cup, Italy U21 and then NHL trophies and game 2!

A good rule to live by: If you are not involved, no one cares.

I don't care if people went to bed, that is their prerogative. The players on the ice, the people involved in the game, I am sure they were feeling the pressure and the joy they felt at the end of the game when they won (Chi) is what they play for.

If I am the commissioner of the NHL, for this particular aspect of the game, I would listen to the players, coaches and GMs ONLY. No one else should have an opinion.

Soccer is boring the watch? I find that really hard to believe. The game has as much talent as any other sport, the things some players are capable of, is just mind blowing. Add to that the tactics and strategies, it's like watching a an action packed chess game.

To each their own I suppose. You probably have no particular team you cheer for, thus you not being able to find that extra passion.

No, I have no interest because it's like a live version of pong. I understand it's the most popular sport in the world, but you gotta remember there are plenty of reasons for that, poorer families/countries can afford to play soccer. I'd rather watch curling.

No denying that the athletes are some of the most talented/fit people in the world, but it's still boring, slightly better than watching paint dry, but not much.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 08:00 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Soccer "the most boring sport on earth to watch"? People watch golf, people watch chess. Soccer is not boring to watch if you like the game and appreciate the subtleties, the World Cup gets the biggest viewership of any event broadcast anywhere.

The new shallow nets will make a difference in the NHL that extra four inches will give our DD enough room to wait in ambush lol.
Golf is much more enjoyable to watch, chess is not a sport.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:37 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Golf is much more enjoyable to watch, chess is not a sport.
You've obviously never heard of Chessboxing.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthgear View Post
Is this forum where you can give your opinion or what? To explain if you don't mind, my Avatar is La Roja (Spain) who as won the Euro, The world Cup and the Euro back to back to back. My origins are from Spain but born in Canada. Hockey is my game and soccer is about right there also. clear enough?

Go habs go and Espana La major !!!
I know you can give your opinion, I'm not the one who will say otherwise. Whatever is your avatar, wherever you come from, whatever you like (soccer, hockey, rugby or even Formula 1), you want to make OT'S in playoffs looks like those in soccer and it's not a good thing. Don't you know that there's nothing better than the playoffs in the NHL?

You'll say: why? Because of these great games. This thing we call SUDDEN DEATH. Players are willing to give everything. The Stanley Cup isn't the hardest trophy to win because of nothing.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Seriously, you're not a real hockey fan if 3 extra periods of next goal wins is ridiculous for you. Even worst, whining about long OT after that great last game.

You remind me of the two girls they showed on tv at the game.. One was sleeping, the other was on her cellphone.

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 06-15-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Seriously, you're not a a real hockey fan if 3 extra periods of next goal winsmis ridiculous for you. Even worst, whining about lomg OT after that great last game.

You remind me of the two girls they showed on tv at the game.. One was sleeping, the other was on her cellphone.
Pretty much.

Playoff overtime hockey is what hockey is all about. Hell I know the Ruins are boring but still...

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
No, I have no interest because it's like a live version of pong. I understand it's the most popular sport in the world, but you gotta remember there are plenty of reasons for that, poorer families/countries can afford to play soccer. I'd rather watch curling.

No denying that the athletes are some of the most talented/fit people in the world, but it's still boring, slightly better than watching paint dry, but not much.
Not sure how you get pong out of soccer, but I love it for its simplicity and flow.

I couldn't disagree more about soccer being slightly better than watching paint dry, or more boring than curling, but to each his own.

I love both hockey and soccer, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one on that boat.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:14 AM
MasterD

I don't want shootouts... Maybe they could change some things up, maybe it should be 4 on 4 after the 1st OT.... but honestly I think they just need to call the penalties and the PP will take care of the game.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
It's North American vs rest the world culture. Soccer has a rythym and flow to it where you can passively watch a game and chat with friends, have a beer. North American sports, like football, are 5 seconds of action and 1 minute of waiting. Hockey is fun one watch on TV, but in person it's a bit strange when they have TV timeouts and everybody is just standing there.

As for boring sports to watch what about Nascar?
I agree totally but again i respect people watching Nascar.

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Not sure how you get pong out of soccer, but I love it for its simplicity and flow.

I couldn't disagree more about soccer being slightly better than watching paint dry, or more boring than curling, but to each his own.

I love both hockey and soccer, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one on that boat.
Finally somebody that agrees with me !!!

Old
06-18-2013, 03:25 AM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I agree with everyone here but enough with the personal attacks against the OP...
Thanks mate!

Old
06-18-2013, 03:47 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Never ever touch the 5-on-5 OT formula.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote