HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: The New Killers CD...

Old
10-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
The Killers are 1337
? You mean they're MCCCXXXVII?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Hockeymom67

Good album = good band thus far

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Double XX L

Quote:
Dude... your the one still trying to get the last word in even when I did it like a WEEK ago... move on, grow up, if you don't care so much why did you even respond.
Because we GET THE FACT you dont like the band... Why do you necessitate the fact that you have to bring it up again... post ANOTHER post about a band you 'dont like' however re-pull a 3 day old post to say more negative comments...
You dont answer any honoest questions thrown your way... and perhaps its time you took your own advice, and grew up a bit... You ruined this thread that I started (which was absolutely disrespectful) and you still have yet to answer my question... You have nothing to add here. Drop it. Take your own advice and grow up a bit.

Frankly I got over your scathing posts from earlier in this post... you have to let the issue go instead of bringing it up again to add NOTHING again.
Oh and by the way... I never once 'defended the band'. I made reference to your post about EMO kids defending music... I am not an EMO kid, and I dont think they are EMO... THAT DOESNT MAKE ME EMO... I dont like generalizations which you have done all over the post...
And I asked you an honest question you STILL cant answer... If you cant answer the straightforward question... let this thread go.

Again I'll ask you.
HOW DOES COLDPLAY rip off U2???
You seem to be more weaseling out of this question than trying to have an honest discussion.

I have told u time and time again... I dont care about your opinion about Killers... if you dont like them... thats fine. I DONT CARE... What I did want to know is what you see in Coldplay that makes them a rip off of U2... Thats it, thats all... You want to go off, and call me immature for defending my comments when none were based on your musical taste, or opinion (yet u seem to take it as such) all the while you typically, generalize, criticise and breed negativity... thats fine. However, if you throw out generalizations... yeah people typically do take offense to things of that nature. Ive told you umpteen times, I dont care about your opinion on the killers... I wanted your reasoning behind an interesting question... I have never said boo about you not liking the killers...
The only thing up to this stupidity that we disagreed with was (a) you dont like them, I do...
and (b) I dont think they're an EMO band, I gave a valid point as to why I didnt think so... and you apparently do think they are which is again... fine up until you start attacking my posts with negativity.

Last edited by Double XX L: 10-11-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Double XX L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 08:13 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Because we GET THE FACT you dont like the band... Why do you necessitate the fact that you have to bring it up again... post ANOTHER post about a band you 'dont like' however re-pull a 3 day old post to say more negative comments...
You dont answer any honoest questions thrown your way... and perhaps its time you took your own advice, and grew up a bit... You ruined this thread that I started (which was absolutely disrespectful) and you still have yet to answer my question... You have nothing to add here. Drop it. Take your own advice and grow up a bit.

Frankly I got over your scathing posts from earlier in this post... you have to let the issue go instead of bringing it up again to add NOTHING again.
Oh and by the way... I never once 'defended the band'. I made reference to your post about EMO kids defending music... I am not an EMO kid, and I dont think they are EMO... THAT DOESNT MAKE ME EMO... I dont like generalizations which you have done all over the post...
And I asked you an honest question you STILL cant answer... If you cant answer the straightforward question... let this thread go.

Again I'll ask you.
HOW DOES COLDPLAY rip off U2???
You seem to be more weaseling out of this question than trying to have an honest discussion.

I have told u time and time again... I dont care about your opinion about Killers... if you dont like them... thats fine. I DONT CARE... What I did want to know is what you see in Coldplay that makes them a rip off of U2... Thats it, thats all... You want to go off, and call me immature for defending my comments when none were based on your musical taste, or opinion (yet u seem to take it as such) all the while you typically, generalize, criticise and breed negativity... thats fine. However, if you throw out generalizations... yeah people typically do take offense to things of that nature. Ive told you umpteen times, I dont care about your opinion on the killers... I wanted your reasoning behind an interesting question... I have never said boo about you not liking the killers...
The only thing up to this stupidity that we disagreed with was (a) you dont like them, I do...
and (b) I dont think they're an EMO band, I gave a valid point as to why I didnt think so... and you apparently do think they are which is again... fine up until you start attacking my posts with negativity.
Not even reading this. I can't let it go right, but you have to write like 3 paragraphs about how "I" can't let it go. Okay man from now on nobody give Ghost-X your opinion, he obviously can't handle somebody elses opinion. Oh and don't bother replying, I'm not even reading what you write anymore cause it's honestly a waste of time and a vicious circle. If you want the last word man, go for it, have the last word. We all know you want it.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 08:16 AM
oop007*

You seem to feel that by me calling the band "emo" I'm insulting or critisizing. Well that isn't the case. I'm calling them what they are, if you can't deal with it, too bad for you. I know a lot of other people who agree they are emo, and I know many people who think they are not. Both on this board and in real life. Fact is once again we go back to a matter of OPINION. Do I need to break out the dictionary and explain to you the word? MY OPINION IS THEY ARE AN EMO BAND. EMO IS A GENRE OF MUSIC. A CLASSIFICATION. IF THATS MY OPINION IT ISN'T AN INSULT, IT'S MY ****ING OPINION. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

LOL

Oh and btw, about coldplay/U2. I don't remember really how I phrased what I said earlier, whether or not I said "rip off" or w/e may have been harsh wording. I more-so just feel the bands "at time", have a very similar sound in many ways. I meant more-so that coldplay is the new-age version of U2 and/or will be. Not that they are exactly the same or ripping them off. I apologize for making you feel bad about coldplay or w/e I did earlier. I wouldn't want to offend your personal tastes with my "stupid" opinions.

Oh and before you jump down my throat saying "you must have read my post or how did u reply" blah blah blah, yes I changed my mind and I read it. But really I don't think your a stupid or a bad guy or anything, I just think that you really can't comprehend that your the one not letting it go. I'm not the diehard fan of the band, I don't care about other people's opinions of them, be it liking them or hating them. I personally don't care. People's opinions were asked, I gave mine. If you want to defend your band against my opinion of them that's your perogative, but it still remains my opinion so leave it be.

Last edited by oop007*: 10-12-2006 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added
Old
10-12-2006, 08:20 AM
AD

oop, I wasn't too interested in this discussion, but you're making it interesting.

Now I really do want to know:

WHY is Coldplay a rip-off of U2.

That's all he's asking.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Montrealer

This thread has officially become

I wish a mod would put it out of it's misery and just close it.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 08:25 AM
oop007*

Dude, believe it or not Montrealer, I do completely agree with you. But if he's going to keep feeding the fire, I'm going to keep making this a vicious circle. I'm not just going to let somebody who ASKED of other people's opinions bash mine just because it's different. If he disagree's with me it's one thing but if he won't let it go then neither will I.

Personally I hope a mod closes the thread now, it's OT anyways.

Old
10-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Gros Bill

Shucks. I thought I had the last word. And, hopefully, I do.

Edit :the post below should be the last word. lol

Last edited by Gros Bill: 10-12-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 09:10 AM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

Speaking of emo, this thread makes me want to slit my wrists.

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
oop007*

Speaking of the killers, seems nobody can "kill" this thread, not even them! Muwahahahahaah.

Old
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Montrealer

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Double XX L

Quote:
You seem to feel that by me calling the band "emo" I'm insulting or critisizing. Well that isn't the case. I'm calling them what they are, if you can't deal with it, too bad for you. I know a lot of other people who agree they are emo, and I know many people who think they are not. Both on this board and in real life. Fact is once again we go back to a matter of OPINION. Do I need to break out the dictionary and explain to you the word? MY OPINION IS THEY ARE AN EMO BAND. EMO IS A GENRE OF MUSIC. A CLASSIFICATION. IF THATS MY OPINION IT ISN'T AN INSULT, IT'S MY ****ING OPINION. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

LOL

Oh and btw, about coldplay/U2. I don't remember really how I phrased what I said earlier, whether or not I said "rip off" or w/e may have been harsh wording. I more-so just feel the bands "at time", have a very similar sound in many ways. I meant more-so that coldplay is the new-age version of U2 and/or will be. Not that they are exactly the same or ripping them off. I apologize for making you feel bad about coldplay or w/e I did earlier. I wouldn't want to offend your personal tastes with my "stupid" opinions.

Oh and before you jump down my throat saying "you must have read my post or how did u reply" blah blah blah, yes I changed my mind and I read it. But really I don't think your a stupid or a bad guy or anything, I just think that you really can't comprehend that your the one not letting it go. I'm not the diehard fan of the band, I don't care about other people's opinions of them, be it liking them or hating them. I personally don't care. People's opinions were asked, I gave mine. If you want to defend your band against my opinion of them that's your perogative, but it still remains my opinion so leave it be.
Hey man... s'all good... I dont have anything against you either... The the question I wanted answered was right there
Interesting answer though. Makes sense to a degree (the coldplay U2 connection)
That is all I honestly wanted to know...

Double XX L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 03:12 PM
BORAT

As Mcphee once said to Moses :

parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Tusk