HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XX: Horcoff/Hemsky/7th overall Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaHockey20 View Post
6'1", 23 years old. Back to back seasons north of .930. HF's report says good mental strength which is a nice thing to hear in a 23 yr old. Wins seem to follow him or he at least has been apart of winning cultures...

He's worth consideration considering the Oilers lack of goaltending depth, but will he play in the AHL?
Probably not, which is why the Flyers chose not to sign him.

And in terms of goalies, 23's still quite young. Relying on him as Dubnyks backup would be a huge risk.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:26 PM
AlbertaHockey20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post

And in terms of goalies, 23's still quite young. Relying on him as Dubnyks backup would be a huge risk.
I'd make a hard pass if he won't play in the AHL.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaHockey20 View Post
I'd make a hard pass if he won't play in the AHL.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-devan-dubnyk/

From earlier this year:

@billmeltzer
Eriksson reportedly mulling several NHL offers but won't decide about future til after season. No idea if Flyers are one of teams

Old
06-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:

At this point it's pretty clear that Philly is a poor judge when it comes to evaluating their goalies.

Pretty sure the reason that the Flyers didn't sign Eriksson was because they thought Hovinen (2 years older) was more NHL ready. Not sure where you're getting your information that they didnt sign him because he wouldn't play in the ahl.

Last edited by Usual_Suspect: 06-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 50
I know some people on this forum are calling for more size in the bottom size.

I might get burned but how about Patrice Cormier out of Winnipeg. I've watched him in the AHL over the past two year's this guy can throw some massive hits and can produce some points. 6'2 215 he's a big guy and depending on his performance in this first few weeks of the season id believe he could be had for a struggling prospect like himself

Any interest?

Old
06-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Would Marincin and a 2nd be the right price? Speaking to Bruins fans they seem to like the Marincin talk more than Klefbom which surprises me. (Then again the Slovak 6'5" angle is never a bad one to play in Boston.)
Klefbom is a complete non starter. There is a very real possibility that he is considered our 6th most important core player going forward.

Marincin is a very talented player and IMO has a higher offensive upside than Klefbom although I have seen less of Klefbom than Marincin. Klefbom however is the better defensive player and by a good margin. If I am moving Marincin in the deal I do it VERY reluctantly and the 2nd that you get either becomes a 3rd or it becomes the Anaheim 2nd. Musil is less talented than Marincin and Klefbom but is more like Boychuk in that he has a limited offensive upside but he plays a solid stay at home game and he is probably the strongest of the 3 D with the possible exception being Marincin.

Quote:
Thanks!

Bruins fans seem to like the Marincin idea better if they are parting with Boychuk and Peverley. Seems a logical fit down the road when the time comes. With any luck he becomes as good as Boychuk has become in Boston and the 2nd is what you'd expect for Peverley.
IMO the Oilers would be better off moving both 2nds or one 2nd and Musil. Both Klefbom and Marincin IMO factor heavily in our near future plans. Both can move the puck and skate and IMO are exactly what we've been lacking on our left side for years with the exception of Whitney when he was healthy.

Quote:
From the preliminary readings on Marincin it immediately jumped out to me that this would be a young defender who would learn a ton from Zdeno Chara (although it sounds like he already uses his reach quite effectively). Being a + player for Slovakia in the WJC is no small feat and this year in the AHL will be a big step forward.

He sounds like a less-talented Hamilton with potential to round out a weaker top 4. Obviously not as gifted offensively as Klefbom but it's still early in their careers.

How did he look in the AHL this year?
IMO he is more offensively talented and more offensively oriented than Klefbom.

I didn't see him late in the year but during the lockout he went from great one night to poor the next. He showed lots of potential but IMO could be a bit more physical for my liking. He moves very well out there for a guy of his height. He has a good shot, moves the puck well, and jumps into the play when it calls for it. I see him as our future 2nd pairing LD behind Klefbom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Stauffer mentioned a few things:

-Forsees Gagner deal getting done at 4 years and at least $4.75 million
-Doesn't see MacT trading Paajarvi as a caller suggested.
-Craig Button was on and they both believer Monahan goes before 7 and Nichuskin/Nurse are on the board for the Oilers at 7.
-Believes it would take more than the 7th pick to get Couturier.
Ugh for the Gagner contract. That's a lot of money to pay a one dimensional center.

If we want Monahan we will need to trade up for him IMO. IMO this is THE draft for us to target moving up, we have a pair of 2nd's, there is great 2-way centers at the top of the draft, and we really shouldn't be picking in the top 10 again for many, many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Rumors around twitter are suggesting that the Preds may let Jon Blum go to UFA (he's an RFA right now)

Blum has been rumored to the Oilers many times.
I'd sign him and have him battle it out with Potter for the 7D spot.

06-15-2013, 12:25 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Calgary has some great "trade up" ammunition. 3 1st round picks... one of them at #6... they have a MUCH higher chance of moving up several spots and snatching Barkov/Monahan than the Oilers do (or even going all out and jumping up for MacKinnon).

Old
06-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Calgary has some great "trade up" ammunition. 3 1st round picks... one of them at #6... they have a MUCH higher chance of moving up several spots and snatching Barkov/Monahan than the Oilers do (or even going all out and jumping up for MacKinnon).
Calgary doesnt need a Monahan... They need a franchise player to build the team around. Barkov is that but so is Lindholm. I am happy with us standing pat and drafting BPA.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Lindo

Ericcson is apparently going to sign in Vancouver -

http://translate.google.ca/translate...ari%26rls%3Den

Old
06-15-2013, 01:12 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
At this point it's pretty clear that Philly is a poor judge when it comes to evaluating their goalies.

Pretty sure the reason that the Flyers didn't sign Eriksson was because they thought Hovinen (2 years older) was more NHL ready. Not sure where you're getting your information that they didnt sign him because he wouldn't play in the ahl.
Poor judge is putting it lightly. I was just speculating, I'm sure there are many other factors involved; the contract limit, the sheer number of goalies they've had bouncing around in the minors the past few years, and that they were sharing an ECHL team with the Devils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post

Well maybe he will play in the AHL. What happened to Eddie Lack?

Old
06-15-2013, 01:23 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:

That's an odd choice...

Old
06-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Poor judge is putting it lightly. I was just speculating, I'm sure there are many other factors involved; the contract limit, the sheer number of goalies they've had bouncing around in the minors the past few years, and that they were sharing an ECHL team with the Devils.

Well maybe he will play in the AHL. What happened to Eddie Lack?
Most expect Raanta (24) to start in the nhl. Not sure how Eriksson (23) is much different.

One of Luongo or Schneider are probably not going to be there next year.

Edit: Looks like Lack is on a 1 way deal next year. Either Eriksson will be in the ahl or they'll have to move Lack.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/1692

Last edited by Usual_Suspect: 06-15-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
That's an odd choice...
Unless they've told him there'll be an opening.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:

Confirmed. Vancouver already has his player page up.

@dohfOs: Joacim Ericsson signing with the #VanCanucks. ..guess this means Luongo might get traded this summer eh? http://t.co/VRo8NpSg7k #NHLse

Old
06-15-2013, 02:54 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Unless they've told him there'll be an opening.
He'll still have to beat out Lack

Old
06-15-2013, 03:09 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Apparently there's a rumour floating around about a change in the hockey operations of the Flames. Ken King is apparently going to focus on Calgary's arena project (let's see how long theirs takes), and a "high level NHL exec" is going to come in in his place. And apparently the owners are souring on Feaster and he may be fired.

Oh, and apparently the high level NHL exec is none other than the Shanabanner himself.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-15-2013, 03:12 AM
40oz

Quote:
Most expect Raanta (24) to start in the nhl. Not sure how Eriksson (23) is much different.

One of Luongo or Schneider are probably not going to be there next year.

Edit: Looks like Lack is on a 1 way deal next year. Either Eriksson will be in the ahl or they'll have to move Lack.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/1692

Raanta is still a risk, no?

Lack's lack of games last year was due to a hip injury apparently. Seems they're just being cautious with the backup spot.

Closed Thread