HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Is anyone really surprised at this point?

"I didn't do anything wrong."
"My finger got stuck in my glove."
"I was just protecting myself."

Typical Bruins mentality.
Don't forget the "I'm a Norris winner but I had no idea where I was on the ice".

Old
06-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Huberdeau tied for first in scoring among rookies on a terrible team.

I do say he's worthy of it.
I don't see why a player getting points in a terrible should deserve more credits. It's so easy to play without pressure, getting all the offensive opportunity and not scare of making mistake.

When the production is directly related to your team success, that's what important.

Old
06-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Wow! This is really bad. Clear intent to injure. But you know, Chara could also say he didn't knew it was Crosby...

And... 'prove it'... ?? Dude, we have a 100% unaltered video of you doing it!

The Patches 'incident' was dirty/intent to injure, but also a split second sort of thing. But this... it's just awful. Suspension worthy, but we know it won't happen.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:23 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
So it's out that Huberdeau has the Calder - 31 points -15 17 TOI/G and 33% FO on a horrible team. He also had a couple games where he had 4 points I believe which brought the stats up.

He was basically just another player on a crap team and didn't make any difference in the outcome.

Gallagher was everything for this club, heart and soul, 15 goals +10 and worked his way up the line up on a 2nd place team. Yeah, Huberdeau should win the Calder /joke
It is a ****ing joke. Lazy stupid Journos. Sport journalism: The bottom of a very bad heap.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:33 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

He is a dirty *****. I will never get ove rthat Max crap and how the league compleely screwed that up.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He is a dirty *****. I will never get ove rthat Max crap and how the league compleely screwed that up.
The league just has to stop pretending to care about the players, they really don't.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:45 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The league just has to stop pretending to care about the players, they really don't.
pretty much...

and to think they named the Shanahan group the Commission for players safety

Old
06-15-2013, 04:57 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Any award that didn't go to a Hab is a travesty to the game and the voters should be shot.

Being pretty good as a rookie on a 2nd place team is clearly a better indicator of individual skill and talent than leading on a last place team.
Huberdeau led his team to nothing.

Gallagher LED the Habs to 2nd. He is right up there with Prust and PK for MVPs.

He (BGally) deserves the Calder, but I can live with PK getting the Norris. Gally will just continue to be a boss.

And it is ridiculous that Plekanec doesn't even get 1 Selke vote and Prust does. Pleks is so underrated in the very category that fits him best.

Old
06-15-2013, 05:05 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

He (BGally) deserves the Calder, but I can live with PK getting the Norris. Gally will just continue to be a boss.

And it is ridiculous that Plekanec doesn't even get 1 Selke vote and Prust does. Pleks is so underrated in the very category that fits him best.
on the other hand, some may think he was the only positive thing in Florida this season...

I mean, there was so many injuries in FLO at some point in their season they had to play Kovalev on their 1st line, Goc was their 2nd line C and so on...

Old
06-15-2013, 05:19 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
on the other hand, some may think he was the only positive thing in Florida this season...

I mean, there was so many injuries in FLO at some point in their season they had to play Kovalev on their 1st line, Goc was their 2nd line C and so on...
No doubt he would be interesting to watch and for sure he's a future star, but when they give out trophies, it should be for things that exemplify what hockey is all about and Huberdeau just scored some trick goals while Gallagher was one of the most exciting NHLers, let alone rookies. He had people talking about him for all the "white" reasons while Hubby was just in the highlight reel sometimes for a meaningless goal.

I'm not too broken apart about it, but agree that if anyone were to win it over Gallagher, should have been Brodin.

Old
06-15-2013, 05:58 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
No doubt he would be interesting to watch and for sure he's a future star, but when they give out trophies, it should be for things that exemplify what hockey is all about and Huberdeau just scored some trick goals while Gallagher was one of the most exciting NHLers, let alone rookies. He had people talking about him for all the "white" reasons while Hubby was just in the highlight reel sometimes for a meaningless goal.

I'm not too broken apart about it, but agree that if anyone were to win it over Gallagher, should have been Brodin.
pretty sure if it has been the opposite, Gallagher playing for a **** team and Huberdeau for a good one, we'd all be talking about how important Huberdeau has been for his team...

Dont get me wrong, I'd like for Gallagher to win the trophy, but putting up points on the board when you have **** team mates is not an easy task (even if given more ice time and al), especially for a rookie.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:06 AM
habtastic

Quote:
pretty sure if it has been the opposite, Gallagher playing for a **** team and Huberdeau for a good one, we'd all be talking about how important Huberdeau has been for his team...

Dont get me wrong, I'd like for Gallagher to win the trophy, but putting up points on the board when you have **** team mates is not an easy task (even if given more ice time and al), especially for a rookie.
Do you know who Gallagher was playing with? And against who? And in which division?

I honestly can say that if the roles were reversed, I would not have the same opinion, but I mean Gallagher didn't JUST put up points (even though he did and like a boss), he was a total package player and I can't see him doing all that on a losing team. Like I said, he was the REASON we were so good. Can't picture Gallagher on a bad team. And no, I don't think this year's team was bad. Things just ended badly and everyone is in a bit of a funk.

I'm sure you appreciate Gally, just saying that I'm not being biased in my opinion as much as you're willing to believe that.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:15 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Do you know who Gallagher was playing with? And against who? And in which division?

I honestly can say that if the roles were reversed, I would not have the same opinion, but I mean Gallagher didn't JUST put up points (even though he did and like a boss), he was a total package player and I can't see him doing all that on a losing team. Like I said, he was the REASON we were so good. Can't picture Gallagher on a bad team. And no, I don't think this year's team was bad. Things just ended badly and everyone is in a bit of a funk.

I'm sure you appreciate Gally, just saying that I'm not being biased in my opinion as much as you're willing to believe that.
I was refering to FLO as bad team/teammates, not the Habs...

hard to believe you arent biased seeing how you started your post

Old
06-15-2013, 06:36 AM
habtastic

Quote:
I was refering to FLO as bad team/teammates, not the Habs...

hard to believe you arent biased seeing how you started your post
I'm biased because I'm implying that Gallagher played with DD and Patches, who sucked!??

I know that's who you were referring to and I was saying Gallagher was also the best amongst HIS linemates. His center (when not Chuckie) wasn't exactly having a great season.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:37 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I'm biased because I'm implying that Gallagher played with DD and Patches, who sucked!??

I know that's who you were referring to and I was saying Gallagher was also the best amongst HIS linemates. His center (when not Chuckie) wasn't exactly having a great season.
I think Eller had a great season actually.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:43 AM
habtastic

Quote:
I think Eller had a great season actually.
Ah, yeah, that's what I meant, it was Chuckie and Gally on Eller's wings, though he got bumped up to save Patches/DD. He did, however play a bit with Chuckie and Prust, did he not? (all seems so far away)

Old
06-15-2013, 06:45 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Ah, yeah, that's what I meant, it was Chuckie and Gally on Eller's wings, though he got bumped up to save Patches/DD. He did, however play a bit with Chuckie and Prust, did he not? (all seems so far away)
let's not act like you're the only one watching games in here...

I know you love the kid, but cases for (a very few though) other players can be made as well.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:56 AM
habtastic

Quote:
let's not act like you're the only one watching games in here...

I know you love the kid, but cases for (a very few though) other players can be made as well.
Not sure why you bolded THAT part..

When did I say I'm the ultimate expert? I'm simply saying that Gallagher played with bad linemates (who he elevated) and still excelled, which was your reason for saying that Huberdeau is more special.

Gallagher didn't feed off the Habs, it was the reverse. How does me defending his worthiness as Calder winner make me come across as though I'm the only one who watches hockey?

Old
06-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Did anyone see this?

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/947454/clip/100

No wonder Crosby went bat **** crazy.
Chara is a major dirtbag.

Hope the Bruins lose.

Old
06-15-2013, 07:51 AM
E = CH²

Quote:

Jacobs team protected by Campbell/Bettman.

Campbell should not be in a position of any kind of power or consequence while his son plays the game. Especially after those damning E-mails came out. Well that clown shouldn't be in a position of power no matter what because he is an idiot but with appearances of bias it's even worse.

But Bettman is basically Jacobs' puppet so he won't remove Campbell.

The whole thing is a big sham really.

Old
06-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

David Strehle
@David_Strehle

Confirmation from a source close to situation: former Flyers goaltending prospect Joacim Eriksson will leave SEL to sign with an NHL team.

I believe it's Vancouver

Old
06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Not surprised to see the thread on Chara locked so quickly. We can't have the main board's favourite team being shown for what they are, can we? I'm not so upset about the punch itself. Plays like that happen all the time whether a guy has had an injury to his face or not. However, what pisses me off is the fact that Crosby is being held so that Chara can sucker punch him (the epitome of cowardice) and that he denies it after while there's a video clear as day showing him do it. And of course TSN has their chuckle.

Garbage play by a coward. Chara is an excellent hockey player, but he lacks class and has a long list of intent to injure occurrences. I'd like to see Bs fans deny that with a straight face. (wait I do all the time )

Old
06-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Not surprised to see the thread on Chara locked so quickly. We can't have the main board's favourite team being shown for what they are, can we? I'm not so upset about the punch itself. Plays like that happen all the time whether a guy has had an injury to his face or not. However, what pisses me off is the fact that Crosby is being held so that Chara can sucker punch him (the epitome of cowardice) and that he denies it after while there's a video clear as day showing him do it. And of course TSN has their chuckle.

Garbage play by a coward. Chara is an excellent hockey player, but he lacks class and has a long list of intent to injure occurrences. I'd like to see Bs fans deny that with a straight face. (wait I do all the time )
Could have been worse, Chara could have tried to suffocate him with his forearm leaving only the biting option to survive. I'm not sure Crosby's teeth are in good enough shape for that and he would have met the fate Grabovski so narrowly escaped!

Old
06-15-2013, 09:05 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

Subban is, similarly, a full package player. A superior one, in fact.

Yet his team finished last in the eastern conference a year ago.

Gallagher is a factor that contributed to our team's success but in the end he was still a support cast player (a very good one). Huberdeau was his team's main offensive weapon yet his linemates were third liners on good NHL teams. Hell, Gallagher's linemates on the Habs third line were better.

Huberdeau had a good year considering, and was more important to his team than Gallagher for us.

I would have had no problems with Gallagher winning the calder but I can see why they voted for Huberdeau.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

He also led his team with nothing. Nothing wrong with Huberdeau winning IMO.

Closed Thread