HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread XI

Old
06-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 500
I am actually on board for the Read-Bernier trade, but the Kings might demand more (in which case I'm out) or be able to get a better return from another team.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I am actually on board for the Read-Bernier trade, but the Kings might demand more (in which case I'm out) or be able to get a better return from another team.
I honestly don't think anyone is giving up a player of Reads caliber to beat the Flyers offer if that offer is legitimate. I think the deal maybe didn't go down because the Flyers probably didn't want to move Read for him. I think our 2nd rounder could be in play for him, it's close enough to give the Kings good value. Probably another prospect on top of that. I don't know if Bernier will be here, but I would feel extremely comfortable for the first time in my life that we have two young goalies that have a chance to be the guy. Also I wouldn't rule out Luongo or Miller yet either.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
I'm not terribly opposed to it. Read is on the older side of his prime approaching his decline, and he's due a large raise for that part of his career. A big reason he's such an asset is his cap hit. His cap hit will be going up soon.

Trading for a young Bernier is fine by me. He's pretty unproven but whatever. Not like we have anything better in net, except one guy who's proven he isn't worth it and one guy who's proven he is inconsistent as hell.

06-15-2013, 09:47 AM
FLYERSFAN18

An anaheim fan proposed Meszaros for Hiller if Bryz gets bought out in the Trade Rumors thread. I would rather do that than trade Read for Bernier. I think the most I would go is a 2nd round and a 4th rounder for Bernier

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:29 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
An anaheim fan proposed Meszaros for Hiller if Bryz gets bought out in the Trade Rumors thread. I would rather do that than trade Read for Bernier. I think the most I would go is a 2nd round and a 4th rounder for Bernier
wow if that trade happened, I would be ecstatic

Hiller is only signed for one more season @4.5m

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not terribly opposed to it. Read is on the older side of his prime approaching his decline, and he's due a large raise for that part of his career. A big reason he's such an asset is his cap hit. His cap hit will be going up soon.

Trading for a young Bernier is fine by me. He's pretty unproven but whatever. Not like we have anything better in net, except one guy who's proven he isn't worth it and one guy who's proven he is inconsistent as hell.
That's the way I feel about it. I'm not really sold on Bernier but if its a 1 for 1 swap with Read I can live with it. The way I see it Read's days are pretty numbered here, I rather get something for him than lose him for nothing.

I don't get why people rather include picks for Bernier instead of Read when those picks might help us down the road opposed to Read who might not be here after this year.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFlyers View Post
Didn't realise that Eriksson had opted for Vancouver. My main worry is that not signing him will come back to bite us. This morning isn't getting any better for me.
And after all this time I thought he wasn't that good because 29 other teams didn't have any interest.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 12:02 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
wow if that trade happened, I would be ecstatic

Hiller is only signed for one more season @4.5m
I'd be on board with this move, too. Has it been confirmed that Hiller is vertigo-free? I know he played 26 games this season and all of the Ducks' post-season games (ie, 7), but there were a couple of reports this year of vertigo-like symptoms.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:07 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I honestly don't think anyone is giving up a player of Reads caliber to beat the Flyers offer if that offer is legitimate. I think the deal maybe didn't go down because the Flyers probably didn't want to move Read for him. I think our 2nd rounder could be in play for him, it's close enough to give the Kings good value. Probably another prospect on top of that. I don't know if Bernier will be here, but I would feel extremely comfortable for the first time in my life that we have two young goalies that have a chance to be the guy. Also I wouldn't rule out Luongo or Miller yet either.
First time since Lindberg/Peters or Boucher/Nitty/Pelletier?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:01 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
What about Khubodin?
I think he is going to the KHL where he likely gets more money then he would from any NHL offer.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Rolex

With Eriksson off to Vancouver, why not try signing Christian Engstrand? He's 24 years old and did well last season in the SEL; almost as good as Eriksson- 1.89/.936 and then in the POs-2.87/.913. Bring him over to start the year in the AHL. If Mason or whoever falters, there's another option in the system not named Boucher or Leighton. Stolarz is at least three years away from Philly. The system needs a prospet in the mid 20's like Eriksson/Engstrand are.

Rolex is online now   Reply With Quote