HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Crosby Went After Chara In Game 1 Of ECF

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Happens every hockey game.... why do we need to go back to this?

Old
06-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
thinking the same thing. I'm sure at least half the guys on each team got punched in the face in that game.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:22 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
It happens during a game where both players are engaged with each other and may be expecting it. It happens during a game where someone crashes the crease and as the whistle goes, takes punch/shove to the face. They know it might be coming.

Crosby isn't only being held, which is cheap enough, but whatever scrum was taking place looks like its over. To top it all off, Chara is standing sideways next to Sid, and has to go cross body with his punch.

No, that doesn't happen every game.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
All of the above, plus Crosby's jaw and concussion issues. No, that exact situation doesn't happen "every game".

Complete ********* move, but also to be expected.

Had Matt Cooke done that to someone coming off a broken jaw and concussion issues (let alone the best player in the world), people would still be flipping out about it and demanding he be out of the league. I guarantee Cookie doesn't punch as hard as Chara.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:13 AM
trader997

I don't know if it was mentioned somewhere in here but in the same period, he also got Chara's stick in the nuts behind the Bruins net. When they did the close up on Crosby's face when he was yelling at Chara at the end of the 2nd, you could read his lips that he was angry for this cheap shot more than the jaw sucker punch. Anyhow, his frustration came from a mix of Chara being a dick and inconsistent calls imo.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Syribo

Well, this certainly puts things more into perspective. I was nervous when he took the damn protector off, I wish he had kept it on because I was just waiting for someone to take advantage of it, and sucker-punch him in is jaw (Since we know how much everyone hates Crosby). That must have hurt like hell. I know when I shattered my foot, and had it crushed again right after it was healed, it was worse than the first time, even though it didn't break again.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:33 AM
BigBadBoris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuernberger View Post
It's the playoffs...
Are you a caveman?

Old
06-15-2013, 10:33 AM
vikingGoalie

the thing is the whole just let them play and swallow the whistles in the playoffs should stop. if it's a penalty it's a penalty. would we see in football a guy hit a qb in the head during the superbowl and it's not called? we don't want refs to decide the game. but by allowing players to cheat they are. been watching hockey a long time. I'm not talking ticky tack stuff but t he game is more entertaining with less clutching, grabbing, and hooking.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Human
cynic

it's kind of scary how frustrated Crosby could get. this is not the first time. he gets rattled way too easily for being the best player in the world.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:43 AM
skacore

Do the Pens still have MacIntyre in the system? Send someone out early next year and just tune him, Chara's a big ***** once the gloves come off, it's overdue for someone to remind him he doesn't run the league

Old
06-15-2013, 10:51 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

I think the most amusing part of threads is when Beef (that Flyers fan) keeps referencing the Crosby/Giroux thing like it is fact and using it to justify what Chara did.

A) Nobody knows for certain whether it happened
B) What does that have to do with Crosby/Chara?

Old
06-15-2013, 11:04 AM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang fan 58 View Post
That's what happens when you have no one on the team to stick up for them. They shouldn't be getting knocked around and cheap shotted non stop with no fear of retribution.

yep

put lucic and chara on the pens and then see how many times liberties are taken with them .

i like engy, but he doesnt play top minutes like those 2

Old
06-15-2013, 11:07 AM
cheesedanish87

I got no problem with Chara, teams target other players injuries in the playoffs, its how playoff hockey is, if Chicago is smart they will hit Horton's shoulder every chance they get tonight.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Black Label

If Crosby's jaw wasn't strong enough to take a punch, he shouldn't have come back. Non-issue. The real issue is how the Bruins got Crosby off of his game so much.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
Do the Pens still have MacIntyre in the system? Send someone out early next year and just tune him, Chara's a big ***** once the gloves come off, it's overdue for someone to remind him he doesn't run the league
That's the problem, as soon as Mac grabs Chara, Chara is going to mysteriously lose his balance.

Somehow his skating completely falters whenever he's matched up with someone who knows how to fight, must be a coincidence.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Imagine if Savard came back and then Orpik punched him in the head because he was around the net.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post
Imagine if Savard came back and then Orpik punched him in the head because he was around the net.
Especially because Bruins fans say he had it coming because he runs his mouth, Savard was one of the mouthiest guys in the league.

Old
06-15-2013, 12:18 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
That's the problem, as soon as Mac grabs Chara, Chara is going to mysteriously lose his balance.

Somehow his skating completely falters whenever he's matched up with someone who knows how to fight, must be a coincidence.
Exactly, lol. Chara would not even waste his time fighting with Steve MacIntyre. I honestly believe that Deryk Engelland could take him.

Old
06-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Til the End of Time

who cares what chara did; its a shame the penguins dont have someone like him to get under the oppositions skin.

instead of yapping and getting involved in scrums, sid should have actually played hard.

embarrassing performance by sid.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Crosby should expect to get roughed up in the playoffs. He's a target and he knows that. No excuse for losing his **** when he's supposed to be leading the team, and he'd probably be the first one to admit it.

This thread is a backward-looking ticket to nowhere. Hopefully everyone has had their say and released their angst / righteous indignation.

Time to move on.

Closed Thread