HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs vs Hershey Bears 13.10.2006 7.30PM

Old
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Hamilton Bulldogs vs Hershey Bears 13.10.2006 7.30PM

I'll update this thread as the game goes along and as more info becomes available, just thought some people might like to know that Mikhail 'YES' Grabovski will make his debut tonight

'YES', because Don Lever says that is just about the only thing he says in English and even then he doesn't know if he actually means 'NO'

EDITS -

- Starters: Chipchura, manlow (first start as a Dog), milroy, groulx, roy, Danis

- scratches: gleed, cote, D'agostini, lemieux, aubin, archer, stewart.

Grabovski will wear #31

Kost just missed a sitter and hen drew a penalty, good start for the dogs.

- Dogs lead 1-0
Locke with a BEAUTY! Worked a give and go with Kostitsyn in central ice that bypassed 2 bears, then locke went round the outside, beat the dman to the front of the net then out-waited the keeped as he moved across the crease like Kopitar did on his first NHL goal. Beautiful goal. Kost and Traverse with the assists.

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 10-13-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
kostitsyn1489

Hamilton Bulldogs vs Hershey Bears right now

http://www.sportsjuice.com/broadcast...rb3rnUe9pNA%3d

2nd game of the years. Dogs won the first game.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:01 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Why are D'ago and aubin scratches?

Btw, nice to see Grabs back!!!

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlusty the clown View Post
Why are D'ago and aubin scratches?

Btw, nice to see Grabs back!!!
No specific reason given, but i expect they are just the odd men out tonight, lots of guys want a place, there is gonna be a lot of changing this year with all those players.

Dogs 2-0 Chipchura from Groulx and Lapierre.

I'll give a proper update at the 1st intermission.

EDIT -

A few random notes, starting with the goal scored on a five on four PP. Nice passing from the whole team, good movement and Chip got lucky throwing it at the net where it hit a defender. There were 2 dogs waiting for the pass but that dosn't matter now. The PP looked good there, but 60 seconds earlier during a 5 on 3, it didn't look so good, many passes into guys skates and not sticks. Some nice movement but the accuracy wasn't there. When they put it together against more men, it worked for them.

Grabovski - Initially he looked quick going forward but not near as fast coming back but that changed a bit as the period wore on. He does have a quick first couple of steps. Its his first game and he showed some nice touches, particularly a drive to the net from the right wing, the defender had to haul him down and took 2 minutes. The penalty Grabs took wasa little harsh, 10 seconds earlier one of the bears was holding O'Byrnes stick right in front of the ref but no call. Luckily it did't cost us though.

Guy from Spectator said during the ad break that Kostitsyn could be Afinogenov if he worked a little harder off the puck (just said it again in his interview). Kost has had some nice chances, made some nice plays (lockes goal particularly) and is testing Kovalevs 'puck-on-a-string' nicely. Showed some nice energy going both ways without the puck but he could still go a little harder. But he is looking good.

Chipchura - looking good. Good position, good strength, nice hands. Goodat holding guys off while creating openings with the puck on his stick, even had a nice spin-around pass attempt that nearly paid off in front of the net after he took the puck wide.

Danis looked...bored. In the little action he saw early he looked fairly sharp but then he had nothing to do for 10 minutes. Then they scored. He seemed quite square to the puck but it still beat him. He'll be okay though I expect.

Lappy and Ferland have had some nice drives forward and showed a bit of strength.

If the 1st period is any indication, the Dogs still need to work on bringing the puck forward on 5 on 4 PPs. They looked hopeless at times when the bears forechecked. When they had some open space and a few seconds, they did something with the puck. They just need to have a plan for when they are put under pressure.

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 10-13-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old
10-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Dr_Hook

I too was wondering why D'Ago is scratched ? Is it an injury ? If we can't play him in the AHL, then ship him down; he needs to play most games and have decent ice time

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
He played i think the 1st game, so its a good experience letting all our boys come together playing and practicing.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

2-1 End of First.

Why is it that everytime I ssee for a Dogs game, it's always the infamous Bob Langdon who's the referee.....Obviously he was nice to us on this first period, but you know with him that the Dogs will have to pay one way or the other....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Some comments about Scott ? from the Hamilton Spectator talking about Kostitsyn. Saying how talented he is, that his shot is incredible, reminds him of Afinogenov but saying as well that he doesn't seem to be able to put it together and doesn't know what to do when the puck is not on his stick. Talked about his work ethic as well and that defensively he still has some troubles......

Nothing we don't know already, but hope he'll turn this around this year....

Old
10-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Aarex

Is the B2 networks feed always this bad?

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Sounds like the Dogs are buzzing around Cassivi's net who's doing a great job for them.

Old
10-13-2006, 07:36 PM
TheHoser

Is the game on BellExpressVU anywhere or is it just regional? I'd like to watch the Dogs.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I too was wondering why D'Ago is scratched ? Is it an injury ? If we can't play him in the AHL, then ship him down; he needs to play most games and have decent ice time
D'Ago played the first game and he turn 20 only in 10 days, so I guess since he won't came back with his OHL team, he can play

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
D'agostini is going to be a special player, dont you worry about him.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 07:57 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Is the game on BellExpressVU anywhere or is it just regional? I'd like to watch the Dogs.
nope,
Qui Gon Dave is probably watching it online on B2 Networks.

As far as TV, there is some game on cable on Hamilton region and Chicago region too when Hamilton are playing against them,

for BellExpressVU there is only next friday on SportsNet East, Ontario and HD you can watch the game

Old
10-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
The Dogs are on Sportsnet next Friday? Cool. I can't find any confirmation on that, where did you read/hear it thief?

As for D'Ago sitting...this is why I hate taking on players from other organizations. Stortini is basically taking D'Ago's place in this lineup.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The Dogs are on Sportsnet next Friday? Cool. I can't find any confirmation on that, where did you read/hear it thief?

As for D'Ago sitting...this is why I hate taking on players from other organizations. Stortini is basically taking D'Ago's place in this lineup.
I have the TV Hebdo with me and it says Toronto vs Hamilton, 7:30 next Friday.

End of 2nd, still 2-1. Tons of missing opportunities, 5 on 3's and so on....

Heard a lot of Groulx's name so far, seems to be a nice addition to the D's.....

Old
10-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Interview with Andy Murray right now!!!

Old
10-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
I really wouldn't worry about it. We have a lot of young players fighting for a spot, keep thm hungry and rotate them. As for D'ago being sat today, the Bears are a good team and I expect the reason him and Aubin sit in favour of Grabs and Manlow is because Don Lever wanted a little more experience to deal with a good team. Grabs is now ready so he gets a game and Manlow is useful for providing some experience that the young players can't provide. They will all get plenty of chances this year, I'm sure. As for Stortini, I believe he is a legitimate tough guy. We don't have any other forwards like that. We have physical guys like Ferland and Lappy but we could do with someone to protect the young and the skilled guys on the team.

Anyways, 2nd period:

Chipchura looked great. Made a nice move in front of the net to create a chance, good positional play to break up a Bears PP and showed some good speed to beat out an icing call. Did a bit of everything and looked good across the board. Strong game for him so far. Has looked good on faceoffs too, along with Locke, Grabovski on the other hand hasn't looked good when I've noticed its him on the draw.

Kostitsyn had a mixed period, showed the good and bad sides of his game. On the attack, one time he tried to do too much and lost the puck, on other occassions he creates plays with little time and space with his moves and passing. On defense, about 2 minutes into the period he was too busy watching the puck to notice his man sneak in from the point round the outside and got a chance in front of the net. Yet towards the end of the period on a Dogs PP, the Bears had a 2 on 1 until Kost got back and slowed the puck carrier. When the puck got turned over, Kost wasn't the closest Dog to his own zone that was high in the play. As usual, draws some penalties by forcing the opposition to try and stop him which they can't always do fairly. He started the period on the right, then switched to the left wing, then back out right - no idea why the change.

Baines - made a huge Begin style shot block, launched himself at the puck an stopped it getting to the net I like what I see.

Traverse - has not always been perfect but has made some nice defensive plays that you want to see a veteran make. Hopefully he keeps that up and just adapts his game around his own net when he has the puck, which on occassion has looked a little off.

Groulx - Hope this guy shoots more throughout the season, he can really let it rip.

Danis with some nice coverage down low on chances close to the net, the defense have done an okay job of being on hand to get the puck when its loose or there is a rebound.

EDIT - Baines gets credited with the 2nd Dogs goal, his first with the team. Chipchura will have to get his first of the season another time.

Old
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
2-1 End of First.

Why is it that everytime I ssee for a Dogs game, it's always the infamous Bob Langdon who's the referee.....Obviously he was nice to us on this first period, but you know with him that the Dogs will have to pay one way or the other....

I honestly wonder how Langdon still has a job, I can't beleive how bad he is at his job yet no one in the AHL seems to notice? Tonight his calls are all over the place. Makes a lot of calls and then lets clear penalties go, and I'm talking for both sides (at least he's consistent there) I don't recall who the other ref is, but I have such a hard time watching any game Langdon does.

As for the game, really like what I see from Chipchura. Lapierre looks good as well. Locke's goal was sweet. Kostitsyn had some nice plays. Grabovski I had hoped to see him bring more but it's early. Danis let in a soft one imo. Also don't understand some the lines that coach Lever uses, seeing Stortini on the PP makes my head hurt.

also the PP for the dogs has been really bad, they look out of whack. I'm disappointed in the video feed as well, pretty crappy.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 08:46 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/...schedule_id=31

Old
10-13-2006, 09:05 PM
TheHoser

Talk about a backbreaker, lol. Shorthanded goal with 4 seconds left, ouch.

Old
10-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Well, thats one heck of a disappointing way to end a game. Where did Danis think he could send that puck at the end? He could have just sent it to the far side boards or up the other side but he tried to put it across the front of the Bears player. As for the mix up by the defenders at the Bears blue line, it looked a bit like the way the D played in their own zone during the 3rd only further up the rink. Confusion. No accuracy. Mistakes being made

before the next game, someone needs to wake half our defense up. Benoit didn't seem noticable outside of the 1st, Jancevski was quite quiet, O'Byrne didn't stand out in front of his own net. Traverse had some nice plays but made some mistakes (eg/ horrible pass up the middle from his own zone in the 3rd). Groulx was the best of the bunch in my eyes.

Up front, very little happened in the 3rd. Chip showed some flaws in his game in the 3rd, 2 give aways from his own zone on one shift. First 40 mintes he was great, last 20, not so much..

Danis may have made a mistake on the 3rd but the 2nd there seemed little he could do. The Bears player gained the zone and made a drop pass and Bourque stepped into it and ripped it past the screen created by his teammate and the dogs defensemn backing in towards the net. As for the disallowed goal, seemed a good call to me. Danis had it covered well before the Bears player dived in and shoved Danis into his own net.

Didn't notice Grabovski in the 3rd whatsoever, I assume he was benched in favour of having more experience on the ice. In related offensive player news, why was Stortini on the same line as Locke-Kostitsyn? I feel he has a place on the team but he surely can't be the best guy to complement those two guys? Would like to see Baines played on the left of them.

Ferland, Milroy and to a lesser extent Lapierre seemed to do their jobs quietly with occassional flashes of skill (moreso Lapierre). Hopefully they start firing on all cylinders soon and when they do, they will get the team playing with energy for 60 minutes.

Disappointing end but there were some positives from the game and its still very early in the season. Good game to build from. Work on the back end, play the full game with energy, the team can create chances when we play in their zone, practice breakouts and powerplays, play Halak in the next game (tomorrow i think). Hopefully Cote wont be out too long, would like to see him back.

Old
10-13-2006, 09:18 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Grabovsky should be on a line with Kotstitsyn, Lever is an idiot if he's not doing this. Grabovsky and Kotstitsyn have such amazing chemistry that it's a crime to deny them of playing together.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 09:18 PM
TheHoser

Anyone wanna fill me in on the 3rd goal?

Old
10-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Anyone wanna fill me in on the 3rd goal?
Dogs powerplay and they aer set up in the bears zone. The puck gets played back to the blue line in the centre of the rink, between the 2 dmen. They both skate towards it and both leave it. The puck gets knocked down the ice halfway into the Bulldogs zone, between the faceoff circles. A player from both teams is going after it but Danis gets there first by a mile, he has to do something with it but it certainly isn't a split second decision he has to make. Of all the places he could put the puck, he decides to try and fire it across the front of the Bears player who has started turning towards the near boards. The puck gets knocked down, the chasing d man isn't close and Danis is about 25 feet out of his net. The Bears player settles the puck and hits the empty net. Disappointment ensues.