HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I would at least believe he knows where the bodies are buried.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2013, 08:18 AM
  #51
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Its about time you guys killed that last thread, I had a question and didn't want it getting lost in the plethora of drivel that's posted while you try to win the new one. Anyways, my current lady friend's birthday is in a couple days and I'm at a lost. We've been dating for a month and change so its more than a couple day fling but isn't too serious. My issue is I usually have my personal assistant do my shopping but she's in San Antonio so I'm on my own. The lady in question is a lawyer in her mid-late 30s so isn't the usual pole monkey I associate with.
Then get her a pole monkey???

When's the music festival in Austin (Jazz - I know that's not your thing though) ? How about tix / a promise to go to that?


=========================
Five Guys:
1 or 2 patty, depending how hungry I am.
Mayo, mustard, raw onions, raw jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, usually ketchup*. No cheese.
*I prefer to dunk in ketchup as I eat, so whether it's on there already doesn't matter.

I split an order of fries with 1 or 2 other people, or skip them. Often are too greasy for me. I will eat a tray peanuts, though, regardless.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 08:24 AM
  #52
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Then get her a pole monkey???

When's the music festival in Austin (Jazz - I know that's not your thing though) ? How about tix / a promise to go to that?


=========================
Five Guys:
1 or 2 patty, depending how hungry I am.
Mayo, mustard, raw onions, raw jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, usually ketchup*. No cheese.
*I prefer to dunk in ketchup as I eat, so whether it's on there already doesn't matter.

I split an order of fries with 1 or 2 other people, or skip them. Often are too greasy for me. I will eat a tray peanuts, though, regardless.
She was a good sport before when I took her to see Jackyl and then the Guns n Roses / Alice in Chains show but her music tastes are more in-line with pop / boy bands etc.

Thinking I might just take the safe way out; have a boutique come visit her at her office with a selection of cocktail dresses, give her a nice pair of dangly diamond earrings and then take her out to dinner.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 08:56 AM
  #53
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,561
vCash: 500
RE: Title thread (nice one)

"I'll take 'Old Navy Goat's hobbies' for $1200, Alec."

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 11:18 AM
  #54
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
RE: Title thread (nice one)

"I'll take 'Old Navy Goat's hobbies' for $1200, Alec."
The answer is:

"During off-hours, ONG often likes to spend time at an establishment known for having scantily-clad women and having a certain metal in its name."

Myllz is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
  #55
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
The answer is:

"During off-hours, ONG often likes to spend time at an establishment known for having scantily-clad women and having a certain metal in its name."
What is "true"?

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
  #56
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
What is "true"?
Ha. Bad wording FTW.

Myllz is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
  #57
Whammer
Registered User
 
Whammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grand Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Thinking I might just take the safe way out; have a boutique come visit her at her office with a selection of cocktail dresses, give her a nice pair of dangly diamond earrings and then take her out to dinner.
Hmmmm..I figured you'd be thinking of ways to get the clothes OFF of her, not on...

Whammer is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 01:38 PM
  #58
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
Hmmmm..I figured you'd be thinking of ways to get the clothes OFF of her, not on...
It's actually a pretty genius plan. When the clothes are nice, she'll be more willing to take them off. Win-win!

Myllz is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
  #59
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
Hmmmm..I figured you'd be thinking of ways to get the clothes OFF of her, not on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
It's actually a pretty genius plan. When the clothes are nice, she'll be more willing to take them off. Win-win!
I think she'll be happy Tuesday as I've made the arrangements for a designer to show up at her office with a range of cocktail dresses, so not only does she get something nice but gets to show off in front of her office. The designer will also give her some costume danglies so she can match them, while I'll present the real ones to her at dinner. Now the big decision is whether I should use my car, rent one or get a limo as I'm sure she won't want the top down and I hate driving around in a convertible sports car with it up.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 02:26 PM
  #60
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Sherlock rant/spoilers:

Spoil:
How the HELL did he survive that fall!? Moriarty will probably survive the shot to the head as well...I AM IMPATIENT.

BuiltTagonTough is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 02:42 PM
  #61
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 17,329
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
I can't wait for Sherlock either but I accept that they're all busy fellows. Steven Moffat as co-creator and co-writer is also the current lead producer and writer for Doctor Who. Martin Freeman had the lead in The Hobbit. Benedict Cumberbatch seems to pop up everywhere -- I recently watched the HBO/BBC miniseries adaptation of Parade's End. He is also in The Hobbit, that new Star Trek movie, and the lead in an upcoming film about WikiLeaks.

British actors seem to always have full plates as there are always quality opportunities on television. Really excited to see the new series when it does come out.

Rob Paxon is online now  
Old
06-14-2013, 03:25 PM
  #62
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I think she'll be happy Tuesday as I've made the arrangements for a designer to show up at her office with a range of cocktail dresses, so not only does she get something nice but gets to show off in front of her office. The designer will also give her some costume danglies so she can match them, while I'll present the real ones to her at dinner. Now the big decision is whether I should use my car, rent one or get a limo as I'm sure she won't want the top down and I hate driving around in a convertible sports car with it up.
I would think you'd want to show those to her after dinner, in private.

(How'd I do, GrigsandGirgs?)

aceface33 is online now  
Old
06-14-2013, 03:49 PM
  #63
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,368
vCash: 500
I now officially want a pole monkey for Christmas.

slip is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 03:55 PM
  #64
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I now officially want a pole monkey for Christmas.
I want to have Christmas at your place

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 04:54 PM
  #65
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I now officially want a pole monkey for Christmas.
Wait, literally?


HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 06:08 PM
  #66
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,595
vCash: 500
Awards:
Every THN Future Watch from '95-2001 just hit the recycling. Good God, what was I thinking?

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
  #67
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I would think you'd want to show those to her after dinner, in private.

(How'd I do, GrigsandGirgs?)
2/10 elbows too pointy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Every THN Future Watch from '95-2001 just hit the recycling. Good God, what was I thinking?
As in "why did I keep them this long" or "why did I toss them into the recycling just now?"

Or both

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 06:28 PM
  #68
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,595
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
2/10 elbows too pointy.



As in "why did I keep them this long" or "why did I toss them into the recycling just now?"

Or both
Both. Well, I know why so long -- I packed them into a box with some other things that I thought I would take out and look at some point in the future. And that point arrived... today, just now. And they are toast.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 07:53 PM
  #69
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I can't wait for Sherlock either but I accept that they're all busy fellows. Steven Moffat as co-creator and co-writer is also the current lead producer and writer for Doctor Who. Martin Freeman had the lead in The Hobbit. Benedict Cumberbatch seems to pop up everywhere -- I recently watched the HBO/BBC miniseries adaptation of Parade's End. He is also in The Hobbit, that new Star Trek movie, and the lead in an upcoming film about WikiLeaks.

British actors seem to always have full plates as there are always quality opportunities on television. Really excited to see the new series when it does come out.
Yeah, and Doctor Who's next series got pushed back to August 2014 as well, partially due to Moffat running Sherlock and him needing to take time for that

Spoil:
And a new Doctor too didn't help things.


At least we'll have the 50th and a Christmas special, but that's almost a year and a half between series....

Afino is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:14 PM
  #70
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Every THN Future Watch from '95-2001 just hit the recycling. Good God, what was I thinking?
Recylced???? Any edition with Jiri Novotny, Dennis Persson, or Artem Kryukov should have been burned long ago...

edit: 2001 - I read that as 2011. Sorry. Those turds hadn't yet been dropped in the bowl...

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
06-15-2013, 02:24 PM
  #71
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,595
vCash: 500
Awards:
Father's Day plans anyone?

Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-15-2013, 02:45 PM
  #72
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Father's Day plans anyone?
Going to go to my dad's house, getting drunk and then cooking food on the grill.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
06-15-2013, 03:40 PM
  #73
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 12,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Father's Day plans anyone?
Work :l

Needed yesterday and today off so I'm stuck working for the first time in years on father's day.

After that I'm making homemade pizza and relaxing with the family.

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
06-15-2013, 04:58 PM
  #74
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Father's Day plans anyone?
Eat 3 kinds of meat and drink 3 kinds of beer.

aceface33 is online now  
Old
06-15-2013, 06:08 PM
  #75
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,595
vCash: 500
Awards:
Oddly, me, Mr. Carnivore, have only had a single chicken thigh in the last three days... total. Heh. Weird.

Chainshot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.