HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I would at least believe he knows where the bodies are buried.

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Popeye's coming to North Buffalo: http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/p...-north-buffalo

Old
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Oddly, me, Mr. Carnivore, have only had a single chicken thigh in the last three days... total. Heh. Weird.
I eat horribly, I really need to change my eating habits. I've been eating big carb dinners lately like big plates of spaghetti and tuna noodle casserole and following those up with big dishes of ice cream at night. I feel like since I'm now running about 16 miles a week I should get a free pass but that's probably not the case. But whenever I try to change and eat healthy I get incredibly hungry and cranky for the whole day which is a bad recipe when you have two kids and a baby counting on you.

Old
06-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I eat horribly, I really need to change my eating habits. I've been eating big carb dinners lately like big plates of spaghetti and tuna noodle casserole and following those up with big dishes of ice cream at night. I feel like since I'm now running about 16 miles a week I should get a free pass but that's probably not the case. But whenever I try to change and eat healthy I get incredibly hungry and cranky for the whole day which is a bad recipe when you have two kids and a baby counting on you.
This wasn't exactly planned.

06-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
But whenever I try to change and eat healthy I get incredibly hungry and cranky for the whole day which is a bad recipe when you have two kids and a baby counting on you.
Yep.

I only have the kid, but I hear ya. Me hungry = me cranky. I can't STAND the feeling of being hungry.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:08 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Yep.

I only have the kid, but I hear ya. Me hungry = me cranky. I can't STAND the feeling of being hungry.
I would add thirst to that too.

Me thirsty = me cranky.

Does thirst affect you that way too?

Old
06-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Afino
The Juice

I rarely let myself get that thirsty to begin with. I drink a ton of water throughout the day, probably the "recommended" 64 ounces a day.

Believe it or not, I keep my soda intake to a minimum, no more than a single can a day if at all. I don't drink coffee or any other flavored drinks. I just don't mind the taste of water, but I do need some flavour from time to time, especially at a meal.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:30 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
I rarely let myself get that thirsty to begin with. I drink a ton of water throughout the day, probably the "recommended" 64 ounces a day.

Believe it or not, I keep my soda intake to a minimum, no more than a single can a day if at all. I don't drink coffee or any other flavored drinks. I just don't mind the taste of water, but I do need some flavour from time to time, especially at a meal.
Have you tried flavoring with Mio? I was never one to flavor my water. But on a whim I tried Mio. I like it. I like the fact you can add a little or a lot of flavoring. I'm with you on the soda. I have maybe 2-3 cans a week. Sometimes less.

Old
06-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Afino
The Juice

I do have some Mio at my desk at work that I'll throw in my water at times, yes. It's alright. I've only tried the blue, though.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I would add thirst to that too.

Me thirsty = me cranky.

Does thirst affect you that way too?
I get cranky when I'm thirsty -- it's because I'm running and far from the end.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:13 PM
TehDoak
Goin Streakin

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Welp, I'm back on the East Coast. Been so busy haven't even been able to catch either game 1 or game 2 of the SCF.

Mostly unpacked now...have to take the future inlaws to the philly airport in EARLY in the morning. Just had first beer since sometime Tuesday....and it was needed.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:

I've got to where I only drink water at work except while I go on break to eat. I probably drink 64 ounces just at work. I've actually noticed since I started doing this that I feel better at work. My back doesn't hurt as much and I'm generally happier. Add that to the fact that I'm happier at this job than my old one and I'm far from the once always grumpy MM.

Old
06-15-2013, 10:26 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
I get cranky when I'm thirsty -- it's because I'm running and far from the end.
Yea, I'm doing some research on tablets I can add to my water in a hydration bladder that have electrolytes. Wife and I are climbing Half Dome this summer. I have always used straight up water (about 3 liters), but this time I want to experiment with an electrolyte additive and see how my body reacts to the boost. So far Nuun seems right up my alley

No crankiness on the trail allowed

Old
06-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Father's Day plans anyone?
Moving into the new house! Then a ribeye is in order, a bottle of good whiskey and a fat cigar.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Afino - what was the job title on the accounting position?

Old
06-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Afino
The Juice

Just said Accountant - Tonawanda.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagt01 View Post
Anyone have any legitimate knowledge on knee/acl/meniscus injuries?

Tweaked my knee at hockey last week. Can't extend or bend it fully. The knee looks swollen as hell.
Go to the Dr.

They will likely test it and see if its loose.

If its still swollen they will probably give you some sort of anti-inflammatory, and maybe an injection. They won't do an MRI if its swollen.

When I blew out my knee it hurt, I limped of the field, and sat for a while, then Finished the game. It hurt later, but not awful. I felt fine but my ACL was gone.

Hopefully you have a sprain, which swells up as hurt but doesn't require surgery

Old
06-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

I feel really bad for Lefty. He's been 2nd at the US Open 6 times now. I really wanted to see him win this time with him in the hunt all tournament.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
I got a typoed text that Dustin Rose had won and did a double-take

Old
06-16-2013, 08:35 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

We always root for Phil. Really bummed he had to settle for second again.

Can't say he didn't have a great shot though. So many lip outs early on. He could have had a three stroke lead going into 18. Alas, coulda shoulda.

That hole out from 100 yards was pretty damn incredible though.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Bummed that Phil lost, too. A made birdie putt or two and it would've ended much differently.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Just said Accountant - Tonawanda.
Looked it up. I know the position and hiring manager. Down the hall from me. Do you have a lot of analytical background?

Old
06-17-2013, 07:58 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

I had an awesome long weekend.

Nate's birthday weekend was great.

Father's Day was awesome.

And I am taking tomorrow off for my oldest's 5th grade "graduation" ceremony at school.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

We spent Thursday night through Sunday morning at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park and our 20 month had a blast. It really is a great family (and pet) friendly place to spend a long weekend. Highly recommend.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Father's Day brunch at Shango was excellent.

Gravel boarder across the back of the house matted, stacked, edged and poured. Why I didn't do this 5 years ago, I don't know. The kids helped fill the wheelbarrow, taking glee in making it as full and heavy as possible for me. I loved it.

New chimenea/brazier/stand firebox pit is built out of repurposed brick and pavers from the previous owners and part of the load of gravel I got to edge the back of the house. My wife did the brick and barrier after I walked through what I wanted. I did... the gravel.

New wood chip mulch beds are complete. And my father-in-law is again asking for a quote to do his front yard. I've told him he can't afford me as a nice way of telling him no way in hell will I ever, ever, ever work for him.

Externally, I can see the end of the process. Only a couple things left to finish and then I'm content with how it will look. We list Sunday.

Interior stuff... finding my report cards from grammar school up through highschool was pretty funny. My Dad had dropped off 4 or 5 boxes of stuff that he had in storage that were mine, ranging from some old yearbooks to my immunization records and birth certificate (which we thought was long lost), to some old toys, to old school paperwork. Needless to say, the recycling bin is bursting at the seems curbside today.

Oh, and I got in a 4.5 mile run. It was a solid, solid weekend. One of the best I've had.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Some guy is creeping right outside of the glass meeting room that I'm sitting in right now. It's 9:26, dude. You don't get the place until at least 9:30. And yes, I see you.

Closed Thread