HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Weekes in Goal

Old
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Weekes next NHL start should be on another NHL team I think Vallaquette can be a cheaper just as good backup as Weekes. We can use this cash on someone at the deadline or towards the season. If the Leafs dont have a good year this year, id love to get Tucker on the Rangers. If Tucker agrees to contract with Rangers, id deal them Montoya and Rachunek for Tucker and Stajan (rather have him) but would take a chance Antropov
Yeah, I'm going Thursday, and it's probably going to be Weekes in net.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
Lundqvist has a 2game winning streak. In about 4 hours it will be a 3game winning streak. Lets build on that and let Weekes sit.
You see... this is why you don't say things like that.

1. You lost the game
2. Lund didn't look very sharp

I'm thinking we might see Weekes on Thursday against the Penguins.

Pens75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybax View Post
You see... this is why you don't say things like that.

1. You lost the game
2. Lund didn't look very sharp

I'm thinking we might see Weekes on Thursday against the Penguins.
I would doubt it, why give the Penguins a free win?

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2006, 03:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
I would doubt it, why give the Penguins a free win?
It's not a free win...we just have to score 4 to get the W since Weekes always gives up 3.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think I would have perfered Weekes in the net as opposed to Lundqvist last night. Win or lose I think it would be better for Lundqvist to go into sat's game rested and hopefully sharp after the loss to philly, instead now he has a 2 game losing streak going into Buffalo, which is probably not a good team to play lacking confidence. SO whats the next prediction for Weekes' first start? Almost certainly not Buffalo, probably not NJ although he did play fairly well against them last season,even in his only playoff start, (I know I will get flamed lol), so who?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 02:32 PM
WheresBarnaby

Weeks will play in Buffalo, I think.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 04:36 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Weekes for Buffalo

I know some people will whine about this, but Lundqvist has been garbage the last two games. NO, it's not like he's been OK but has let in tough goals; he's let in some very soft goals (Staal's breakaway, the 3rd period 2-on-1, a few against Philly). It's time to see if Weekes is ready to go. I don't want to play Lundqvist and lose 8-1 to Buffalo.

I know the first four games have been most of the whole team's fault (Jagr's reluctancy, Straka's ineptitude, Nylander's showmanship, Cullen's inability to play on the second line, Betts' severely limited skill, Malik, Rozsival, Tyutin, Hossa, and A. Ward) but it's time to give Weekes a shot.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I agree that its time to see what Weekes has got, but I dont see him going into Buffalo as a starter. I think if he starts soon it will either be against the Devils on monday or on Wed against I think its the Preds. Although depending on how the game goes tomorrow and if Lundqvist is back to his usual form, we may end up seeing Weekes in net sooner than expected. But me personally I dont see him getting the nod on sat.

Old
10-13-2006, 04:42 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Wow seems to me that you have no confidence in this team. Lundqvist hasnt been that bad. Neither have the forwards, 17 goals in 4 games isnt that bad. Thats 4.25 goals per game.

Its the defense, PP structure and general lack of smart play thats lead to this. I cant blame anyone just yet as you have, the team has to play better as a whole.

But i agree Weekes should get the start in net, (if he IS READY) though i wouldnt be surpised if its not 8-1 with him in the net either. Gees i feel like its 2001 all over again.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:11 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Wow seems to me that you have no confidence in this team. Lundqvist hasnt been that bad. Neither have the forwards, 17 goals in 4 games isnt that bad. Thats 4.25 goals per game.

Its the defense, PP structure and general lack of smart play thats lead to this. I cant blame anyone just yet as you have, the team has to play better as a whole.

But i agree Weekes should get the start in net, (if he IS READY) though i wouldnt be surpised if its not 8-1 with him in the net either. Gees i feel like its 2001 all over again.
ludqvist has been extremely bad

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
ludqvist has been extremely bad
Are you kidding? At the VERY worst he's been mediocre to slightly bad.

The defense is attrocious. I'd like to see you try and stop what our defense has let by. If you think he's so bad than I'm sure you can do so much better!

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Are you kidding? At the VERY worst he's been mediocre to slightly bad.

The defense is attrocious. I'd like to see you try and stop what our defense has let by. If you think he's so bad than I'm sure you can do so much better!
^Short and sweet.

Couldnt agree more, although Lundqvist has let up one or two, lets say questionable goals, but he has not been anywhere near "extremly bad"

Old
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I know alot of people dislike Stan fischler but it seems he shares the same veiws as some here on the board. Check it out http://nhlmaven.blogspot.com/ Take it for what its worth but I think its a fairly correct argument when discussing the high scoring games we have seen from NYR and NJD last night, as Stan puts it
Quote:
So, does that mean Henny Lundqvist and Marty Brodeur have lost it? Hardly.
Edit: Check out John Gianones blog, it seems as though he has been following along with HFboards nightly threads lol http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.j...ers&league=nhl

Old
10-13-2006, 07:10 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rangers are #1 in goals scored in the NHL thusfar....The D needs to catch up. No matter whos in goal

10-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Rangers are #1 in goals scored in the NHL thusfar....The D needs to catch up. No matter whos in goal
exactly and the pk has been **** compared to last years

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote