HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Game Thread: Rangers-Flames

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 04:27 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
First game in a while that I shut off. Horrible. I really hate this team.

Old
01-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Fletch

I barely turned on the game...

got home and it was 4-0. Old School started at 8 so I didn't have a tough decision as to what to do - rather watch that movie for the umpteenth time than to the Rangers give a half-hearted effort for the umpteenth time. I did get the pleasure, though, to see one of the freakier goals I've seen in a while - what a bank shot. Perhaps Sather should practice in the Garden and have everyone take a shot at that - talk about home ice advantage.

Old
01-06-2004, 05:02 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
The biggest problem is this team has not shown any ability to make up these points against better teams.
Singin', it sounds to me like you're saying the Rangers are a better team than the Flames. How do you figure that? Then way I see it Calgary is head and shoulders above the Rangers.

Old
01-06-2004, 05:15 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeart
i couldnt agree with you more True Blue. We havent had a defensman who knocked someone down since Beuk and maybe Ulfie. The bottom line is this after 6 years of this crap i dont want to sneak into the playoffs as a number 8 only to get bounced by either the Flyers or Devils or who ever the number one seed is. Not to mention then i we will get to hear all summer long about how Glen took us back to the promised land and the ship is slowly starting to turn in the right direction.

WE SUCK!!! Lets cut our loses Trade what has value And establish a strong foundation to grow on. There probably wont be much of a season next year any way so lets get a bunch of prospects and picks give them a year to perculate and see what happens in 05-06. Get rid of the dead weight, Poti, Carter, Hlavac, Lindros ( who i cant see re-signing hera after the year anyway...hell probably go to a playoff team ...so lets get something for him now before its to late),Nedved who has better value now the he will in 2 years, Kovi who dissapears every time he puts on a ranger jersey.

JUST PLEAS DO SOMETHING MORE THEN SIT AROUND AND LIVE IN DENIAL !!!!!!!!
I don't thi k there will be any significant player (contract) movement this year because of the uncertain labor situation. I thbink we're all pretty much stuck with what we have.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Really, REALLY glad I missed this one.
Ditto. Calgary's youth is finally paying off, especially on defense - Lydman, Regehr, Leopold, Gauthier(oh yeah, Poti's better than Gauthier ), Warrener, Ference(who has always been written off for some reason, but he shows up to play against us). Young, mobile, tough defense. Plus they have 5 or 6 regulars out on the IR. Compared to that the Ranger's have no excuses for not showing up, long road trip or not. This is the Pro's not Trembling Hills retirement pond hockey.... or is it, I forget........

Looks like another long January will do us in. Isn't it the Isles who have beaten us in every January matchup the last few years?

Old
01-06-2004, 06:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Singin', it sounds to me like you're saying the Rangers are a better team than the Flames. How do you figure that? Then way I see it Calgary is head and shoulders above the Rangers.
Better or not better, I consider the Flames to be a beatable team.

Other teams lose games against teams that are beatable and make up those points against better teams (e.g the Isles lose twice to the Rangers and then go out and beat the Devils twice and the Flyers once).

The Rangers have not shown an ability to make up for lost points. It is essential that they get four points against the Canes and Isles.

01-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
First game in a while that I shut off. Horrible. I really hate this team.
Same here.. game went off after 2.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:41 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Better or not better, I consider the Flames to be a beatable team.

Other teams lose games against teams that are beatable and make up those points against better teams (e.g the Isles lose twice to the Rangers and then go out and beat the Devils twice and the Flyers once).

The Rangers have not shown an ability to make up for lost points. It is essential that they get four points against the Canes and Isles.
Do you think the Rangers are good enough to do that? I don't. The Rangers are exactly the same kind of team they have shown themselves to be over the past six years and they are going nowhere.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I really hate this team.
So true..

I don't know if it's the cumulative effect of all these losing seasons, or just this years team, but I just can't stands 'em..

Even in recent years past, there seemed to be a couple of guys who I still rooted for and looked forward to watch, but not anymore.. Sure, there's still Leetch, and Barnaby and a couple others still work hard and play with pride, and there's Ortmeyer around to watch a developing youngster, but overall, I really just don't enjoy this team..

I think it's a complete lack of speed, as there's just nobody on this team that puts me to the edge of my seat when they get the puck, or go into a bonzai forecheck..

Old
01-06-2004, 07:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Do you think the Rangers are good enough to do that? I don't. The Rangers are exactly the same kind of team they have shown themselves to be over the past six years and they are going nowhere.

Do I think that they are good enough to do that? I have to believe yes. They are more talented than the Islanders are and they Islanders have found a way to do that.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
So true..

I don't know if it's the cumulative effect of all these losing seasons, or just this years team, but I just can't stands 'em..

Even in recent years past, there seemed to be a couple of guys who I still rooted for and looked forward to watch, but not anymore.. Sure, there's still Leetch, and Barnaby and a couple others still work hard and play with pride, and there's Ortmeyer around to watch a developing youngster, but overall, I really just don't enjoy this team..

I think it's a complete lack of speed, as there's just nobody on this team that puts me to the edge of my seat when they get the puck, or go into a bonzai forecheck..

Davisian and Melrose Jr....My sediments exactly...Haven't posted for awhile because the passion just isn't there any more...I don't care when they win and it doesn't bother me any more when they lose...Or how they lose......I can't even work up the bile and emotion for a rant after such a putrid all around effort like last night (Although I felt one stirring when that pitiful pansified poke-checking purse swinger decided to leave the zone early last night..).

The bottom line is I just do not like the players on this team, in fact I can't stand about 75% of them and I only look forward to watching one player -- JED...And that's pitiful......I hate Sather with a Passion...And I despise the way the Rangers and Ranger Management are trying to field the teams...Hell, I don't even care how much ice time Messier gets anymore or whether or not bozos like Maladog, Nedved and the rest are held accountable..It just doesn't matter right now....

Obviosuly, I can't quit COLD TURKEY because I still watch and read everything..WHo knows, maybe a few moves will re-invigorate my passion----but I doubt these moves come this year..Just may have to wait for the likes of Ortmeyere, Moore, Lundmark, Lundqvist, Tjutin, Jessiman, Dawes, Jonasen, Baranaka and a few otherss...

Old
01-06-2004, 08:28 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Well it's a good thing you have all those allstars on the Isles to watch every night so why don't you focus on their stellar play.

And although he has played better this year anybody posting under Kvasinator shouldn't be bashing other guys for clueless and heartless play b/c very few if any players have combined that package better than your boy Oleg the last few yrs so pipe down and worry about the Saturday-Tuesday matchup b/c if there's something to get us out of our slump it will be beating up on the Isles next week!

A little over confident with the beating up on the Isles remark aren't we? You wait and see. LOSS!

Old
01-06-2004, 08:34 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
A little over confident with the beating up on the Isles remark aren't we? You wait and see. LOSS!
Go back to hoping to see players get taken out and I'll worry about the NYR's winning vs the Isles who I happen to think is a team we match up well against and are games the team will be up for.

Old
01-06-2004, 09:03 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
So true..

also, how many years has this a-hole sather missed the playoffs? did he make it with edmonton before he left? neil smith was shown the door after 2 1\2years off failure and was actually trying to right the ship at the time, sather has done nothing more or less better than smith and he still has a effin job? i watched from beginnig to end and was just sick from watching this gutless crew work the ice! sather saying "just back from a road trip blues" is horsesh!t and should not be tollerated by the powers that be! this team has no excuses for not be up for any game! they don't deserve to have a "clunker!" they haven't seen a sniff of the playoffs in six effin years! i would like to see dolan see through this spoon fed bullsh!t that sathers been serving him and fire this a$$ clown now!! trade these gutless a-holes named poti, kovalev, hlavac, carter and host of others! trade them to teams that will make the playoffs get what you can and hire a new gm and young coach that won't stand for this veteran ladened crew who can't seem to recognize that they don't deserve to take nights off!!

Old
01-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
also, how many years has this a-hole sather missed the playoffs? did he make it with edmonton before he left? neil smith was shown the door after 2 1\2years off failure and was actually trying to right the ship at the time, sather has done nothing more or less better than smith and he still has a effin job? i watched from beginnig to end and was just sick from watching this gutless crew work the ice! sather saying "just back from a road trip blues" is horsesh!t and should not be tollerated by the powers that be! this team has no excuses for not be up for any game! they don't deserve to have a "clunker!" they haven't seen a sniff of the playoffs in six effin years! i would like to see dolan see through this spoon fed bullsh!t that sathers been serving him and fire this a$$ clown now!! trade these gutless a-holes named poti, kovalev, hlavac, carter and host of others! trade them to teams that will make the playoffs get what you can and hire a new gm and young coach that won't stand for this veteran ladened crew who can't seem to recognize that they don't deserve to take nights off!!
Did Sather say this year would be different? That this nonsense wouldn't be tolerated? Hard pratices? Only English spoken on the ice, so as to not have miscommunication? What was that only for the preseason?
Your team is going nowhere, ever, with him in charge. He's more worried about playing golf in April, than the playoffs.

Old
01-06-2004, 11:07 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
He's more worried about playing golf in April, than the playoffs.
I disagree there. Sather's very worried about making the playoffs. He's merely too incompetent a GM or coach to make it happen.

Old
01-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Well it's a good thing you have all those allstars on the Isles to watch every night so why don't you focus on their stellar play.

And although he has played better this year anybody posting under Kvasinator shouldn't be bashing other guys for clueless and heartless play b/c very few if any players have combined that package better than your boy Oleg the last few yrs so pipe down and worry about the Saturday-Tuesday matchup b/c if there's something to get us out of our slump it will be beating up on the Isles next week!

beat us all you want, but beating us and pittsburgh six times each won't get you into the playoffs. We often seem to play down to the level of the team we are playing against. That's why we beat teams like the devils and Maple Leafs. As for Oleg, at least he has a clue in all three zones. Look at poti's quote from last week about using his body in his zone. That tells the story right there. He was at the blue line last nite when Iginla scored the first goal. He has no clue in his own end. He would be better off as a wing.

Old
01-06-2004, 05:48 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, I'm finally outta shock from watching yesterday's travesty.

Highlight of the game was Calgary's first PP when Sam and JD were discussing how many problems the Flames were having converting.
Before Sam could complete his "successful on one of the last 51 PPs", he changed it to "make that two out of....".

So how long before Sather goes after Cujo?
Lundmark and a #3 for Cujo with Detroit eating 1/2 of his salary?

I can see the press conference now with Dolan saying we're not only gonna make the playoffs but we got a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Trust me guys Dolan is starting to get pissed if we wont make the playoffs this year Sather is history.
I never tought he would axe Layden but he did and Sather will be next.
We need someone like Isiah Thomas who even tough he gave up alot future in the last deal seems to have a legit PLAN.
Im okey in trading some youth if u show that u have a plan in what you are doing.
I mean Thomas would never trade any youth for a guy like Gary Payton who is over 30 he did for a 26 year old stud.
He did it for a franchise player then its okey to trade youth just lemme see that you got a plan and u are allowed to deal SOME (not all) future.

So I just hope we get a GM that has a clear cut Idea what he wants to do and hopefully it wont take long for the magic to be back in the Garden.

Closed Thread