HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames offer all three first rounders to Avalanche

Old
06-16-2013, 12:01 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Rumour on hockeybuzz is that Buffalo wants the first badly and they are looking to get another 1 round pick to get the 1rst for the 8th, 16 th and that other pick

What other 1st round pick are the Sabres attempting to get?

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Thats an embarrassing offer. Not nearly enough.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:11 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I saw on twitter that Buffalo offered Grigorenko, Miller, the 8th and 21...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:14 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

I honestly think this would be a good move for the Avalanche...maybe I'm in the minority.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:18 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
I honestly think this would be a good move for the Avalanche...maybe I'm in the minority.
In general when you trade 1 great thing for 3 good things, the team that gets the great things wins.

Chances are with the 22nd or 28th pick one of those will end up as a dud, so what it basically comes off as is a downgrade from 1 to 6 plus a good/decent asset

The only way Colorado wins by accepting this deal is the guy they would pick at #1 doesn't live to full potential. In the NHL though having as many "star" players as possible is key to winning

Last edited by boredmale: 06-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.
boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:20 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Avs want something much more proven. Include a guy like Baertschi or Brodie along with 6 and 22 and then we'll get to talking.

Maybe even Baertschi, Giordano and 6th for 1st. Avs get a great young W prospect (organizational need), a proven top pairing D (organizational need) and still get a legit prospect with the 6th pick. Flames get their franchise C they've needed for more than a decade.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:21 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Link?

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:21 AM
AaronEkbald
2nd to last in goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Hopefully Florida will take it.
Depends on how bad Tallon wants a guy like Jones or MacKinnon. Potential franchise d-man or center. IMO, it is obvious we need the top guy more than 3 good prospects. So, no thanks.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:24 AM
JurassicTunga

Flames has quite a few holes on the roster. Adding MacKinnon as great as he is would be fantastic. However, we need to start stockpiling right now. Next year would be the year to get an elite top end player(top 3 pick, most likely) for the Flames.

Monahan/Lindholm + 22nd(let's say Morrissey) + 28(let's say Klimchuk) + keeping a guy like Baertschi AND then adding one of Nylander/Reinhart/Ekblad next year would be much better than just getting one great player in MacKinnon. Especially for a team like the Flames at this point in time.

Last edited by JurassicTunga: 06-16-2013 at 12:58 AM.
JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 0
Avs reportedly offered Tampa it's four first rounders (12, 17, 19, 20) for first overall (Lecavalier) and it was rejected.

First overall picks are close to being slam dunks. Picks below 3rd-4th have a completely different element of risk. There are lots of busts, grinders, third pairing defenders and so on when looking through drafting history.

I think psychology, especially for a guy like Roy who likes to look good, would make it really hard to trade a first overall pick and assume the risk of it ending up being a bad trade. It would have to be, quoting Roy, "something we are going to say ... no choice but to take it".

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:31 AM
cgf

Good, While there's still talent that'll be there at 6, dropping from Seth/MacKinnon to that pick is worth a lot more than two picks in the 20s. If it was Baertsch and Giordano instead of those picks it becomes harder to say no, but for just the three picks, that should be an easy no.

Last edited by Frenchy: 06-16-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: edit requested by the user
cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Smif

I see Calgary getting a lot of high picks in the next couple years, they should sit tight where they're at, they'll get some good players this year and their franchise player in the next year or two.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:41 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
There's no harm in trying, right?

But since Colorado is likely to draft Jones I would be shooting for 2nd or 3rd overall with those picks if I were calgary.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
There's no harm in trying, right?

But since Colorado is likely to draft Jones I would be shooting for 2nd or 3rd overall with those picks if I were calgary.
Exactly, the Avs will probably take jones, mackinon (god I hope he is the one we are after) will probably be there at 2nd, offer that package to Florida and let them reject us....

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:11 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
I would do it from a Flames perspective. There was a Thread a while ago about trading 3 picks for the First overall. Using roughly where the Flames would pick. Basically every season the first overall was substantially better than the 3 combined.
I would do it to but this isn't any draft also

07:
1. P.Kane
6. Gagner
22. Giroux
28.Petrecki

08:
1.Stamkos
6.Filatov
22.Eberle
28.Tikhonov

09:
1.Tavares
6.OEL
22.Schroeder
28.Olsen

While I think this year has the best depth it seems you always get a good player from our picks so I would atleast think it is a decent offer.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:18 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Avs want something much more proven. Include a guy like Baertschi or Brodie along with 6 and 22 and then we'll get to talking.

Maybe even Baertschi, Giordano and 6th for 1st. Avs get a great young W prospect (organizational need), a proven top pairing D (organizational need) and still get a legit prospect with the 6th pick. Flames get their franchise C they've needed for more than a decade.
And that's exactly why these types of picks never get traded. That is a disgusting overpayment from Calgary, and is surely in no way beneficial to their success moving forward.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

They should take it. Remember when Colorado offered four firsts for Vinny and ended up drafting Tanguay, Skoula, Regehr and Parker and winning a cup? When you consider that 98 was one of the weakest drafts ever and Colorado would be getting a marginally worse(imo) player at 6 that they would at 1 you feel like Colorado could go a lot farther along a rebuild than with just Seth Jones. I don't see why Calgary would even offer this, they need help at every position and Seth Jones isn't as good as three core players.

The 1st overall pick gets massively overrated every year. The last three in particular aren't special players at all. Would you rather have RNH or Couturier/Hamilton + Morrow + Rakell? Yakupov or Trouba + Subban + Samuelsson? Even in a year where the 1st is a great player.. Tavares or OEL + Johansson + Despres? Stamkos or Pietrangelo + Eberle + Carlson?

Edit: Obviously this is reliant on Colorado thinking their scouting staff isn't crap.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
scoringmachine

Just want to know from an Avs perspective what would it take for them to trade their first overall pick to the Flames. I have not followed the Avs and do not know what they need.

The person who said the Flames would trade their 3 first to the Avs are insane this is a deep draft and a chance for Calgary to pick up some good players as our prospect pool is weak as we do not have one particular players that fans can say he deserves to play in the NHL now.

I think that the Avs would want a d-man and a top 6 forward, top prospect and 6th to trade their 1st. They would probably want Girodano, Barteschi, Cammy/Tanguay and 6th in order to trade their 1st to Calgary

If I am wrong please give me your opinion

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:33 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
Just want to know from an Avs perspective what would it take for them to trade their first overall pick to the Flames. I have not followed the Avs and do not know what they need.

The person who said the Flames would trade their 3 first to the Avs are insane this is a deep draft and a chance for Calgary to pick up some good players as our prospect pool is weak as we do not have one particular players that fans can say he deserves to play in the NHL now.

I think that the Avs would want a d-man and a top 6 forward, top prospect and 6th to trade their 1st. They would probably want Girodano, Barteschi, Cammy/Tanguay and 6th in order to trade their 1st to Calgary

If I am wrong please give me your opinion
Are you insinuating that you would rather trade Giordano, Baertschi, Cammalleri and the Sixth Overall to move up instead of the three draft picks?

I surely hope not..

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:35 AM
N o o d l e s

I would think Calgary needs to add as many quality pieces as possible in a deep draft. They're not exactly in a position where one dynamite prospect puts them over the top. And from Colorado's standpoint they have a bunch of talented forwards. The piece they need is a number 1/2 D which they're going to get in Jones.

Makes sense why COL says no.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:37 AM
First round bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post

Still makes me laugh. That organization can be pretty funny at times.
Gotta love that from a leafs fan

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:39 AM
cybresabre
Zemgus!

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
21? We have 16.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:42 AM
nik-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Thats an embarrassing offer. Not nearly enough.
It's hardly embarrassing.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:45 AM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Disgusting overpayment, no way this is true. Especially since Buffalo has the 16th and not 21st.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:47 AM
BoHorvatFan

Late firsts are no sure things, most don't turn out. So to downgrade from a potential franchise star player to a good player at 6 and only get two late firsts would be stupid. Quality > quantity.

Would you give up a top 3 pick this year for the 6th and Gaunce and Schroeder? I sure wouldn't.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote