HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Rangers.

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
1. I said I would move Del Zotto after thinking about it.
2. The Rangers are already short at LW
3. Statsny is a 6M+ cap hit and he's an upcoming UFA.
That's great, we will just have to keep him then.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
LMFAO.

This is hilarious.
LMFAO

This is hilarious.

Look, I can post useless crap as well.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
LMFAO.

This is hilarious.
What's hilarious about that? A 40-50 point speedy LW for a 60 point, defensively strong playmaking center with the potential to put up way more. He'd look good on Duchy's wing and justify moving Staz.

I'd have no interest in MDZ who will get paid an absurd premium for a defensive liability with as much offensive potential as Barrie or Elliott. Rather keep Staz and have three deep centers than move him for MDZ.

Thomas or Miller would just be replacements in a deal moving Staz, one I'd rather get is Boyle anyways since he'd be well suited for 3rd/4th line duty, primarily 4th.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
That's great, we will just have to keep him then.
Wouldn't be surprised if he walks, especially if the Avs draft Mackinnon.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:13 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsWantStanley View Post
He seems to like Denver. Assuming contract talks go well I can see him staying.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:39 AM
tucker3434

The value of a guy like stastny is going to be very screwy until we figure out whether it not he's getting an extension. If we don't hear anything this offseason, his value will drop a bit in these discussions. If he extends, he's off the table. Makes these proposals difficult now.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125

Paul Stastny

MDZ

Rangers need a center, Avs need defense.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

We're fine with Stepan and Brassard running the top 6. What we need is a legit 3rd line center that can play good D, chip in here and there on offense, and slot Boyle down to the 4th line where he's better suited.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
LMFAO.

This is hilarious.
Why the **** is that hilarious? I guess you are trying to beat around the bush and say that Hagelin is somehow much more valuable than Stastny? Because that's not the case at all, and Stastny would instantly come in and be NYR's best center. You're completely underrating Stastny and you're comment literally makes no sense.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Why the **** is that hilarious? I guess you are trying to beat around the bush and say that Hagelin is somehow much more valuable than Stastny? Because that's not the case at all, and Stastny would instantly come in and be NYR's best center. You're completely underrating Stastny and you're comment literally makes no sense.
Stepan produced nearly 2x as many points than Stastny this year while providing an elite defensive game.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:41 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
not only was stepan better than stastny this season, he was better than every other american born center in the NHL. stastny would be 2nd or 3rd line center. if we have to give up hags for a 2nd or 3rd line center with a 6 mill cap hit who will soon become a UFA, sorry for not being interested. i would rather keep the cheaper and younger player who plays a position that we need.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:51 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Look, I can post useless crap as well.
You sure showed me there, tough guy. What's next, Internet warrior, gonna threaten to beat me up from 1,000 miles away??

Maybe you should have read my post before hand and you'd realize it wasn't useless or crap.

I'm not going to bother to further explain myself to someone who can't even think before he posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
What's hilarious about that? A 40-50 point speedy LW for a 60 point, defensively strong playmaking center with the potential to put up way more. He'd look good on Duchy's wing and justify moving Staz.
You're right there's nothing hilarious about the Rangers buying out Richards to get rid of his cap hit making 6 mill+ a year playing bottom-6 minutes to add yet another 6 mill+ center who would be stuck behind Stepan and Brassard and giving up a valuable young and cost-controlled asset like Hagelin on top of that.

Nothing hilarious at all, in fact it's sad and utterly moronic. Thanks for correcting me.

Quote:
I'd have no interest in MDZ who will get paid an absurd premium for a defensive liability with as much offensive potential as Barrie or Elliott. Rather keep Staz and have three deep centers than move him for MDZ.
Come back when either of those two score 10 goals and 40 points in a season with a +20 while finishing 12th in Norris voting in their 3rd seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post

Paul Stastny

MDZ

Rangers need a center, Avs need defense.
For the last time, we need help at wing, not center.

Quote:
No, my comment makes perfect sense. See my first post in this thread.

The Rangers DO NOT NEED A CENTER. They have Stepan and Brassard down the middle.

Maybe if you were actually capable of of thinking about what the other team involved needs help with, you would see my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Stepan produced nearly 2x as many points than Stastny this year while providing an elite defensive game.
Elite? Stepan is not Selke-Caliber defensively.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Elite? Stepan is not Selke-Caliber defensively.
I'm not sure if you've been watching Rangers games this year. 10th in Selke voting is a travesty for a player with his play this year. He led league in defensive GVT and had dominant puck possession numbers to back up his point production and already high quality PK abilities.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Avs44

Quote:
You sure showed me there, tough guy. What's next, Internet warrior, gonna threaten to beat me up from 1,000 miles away??

Maybe you should have read my post before hand and you'd realize it wasn't useless or crap.

I'm not going to bother to further explain myself to someone who can't even think before he posts.
Ahh I'm sorry, did you get insulted because I didn't like your post? Now you're going to overreact?

Was not useless crap? Your post consisted of "LMFAO" and "This is hilarious." That's it. Nothing else. Useless? Check. Crap? Check. 0/2 buddy.

And the last part..irony at its best. "LMFAO" is about the dumbest least thought out post you'll find on these boards. Good work

Old
06-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Rielly4

Id think the leafs would be willing to offer something around one of their 1st or 2nd round draft picks (likely second because of Stastnys contract status) a middle tier prospect like Jesse Blacker and a roster player like Gunnarsson, Kulemin or even possibly Frattin. Stastny would be a great fit in T.O.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:13 AM
UAGoalieGuy

While I'd love to add Stastny on the Rangers, buying out Richards is more due to the cap constraints the next two summers more then his production. Swapping cap hits essentially leaves the Rangers in the same boat as they were in cap wise.

Now is the Rangers added a bit more and the Avs retained say $2 million of his cap hit, that's a totally different ball game.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
You're right there's nothing hilarious about the Rangers buying out Richards to get rid of his cap hit making 6 mill+ a year playing bottom-6 minutes to add yet another 6 mill+ center who would be stuck behind Stepan and Brassard and giving up a valuable young and cost-controlled asset like Hagelin on top of that.

Nothing hilarious at all, in fact it's sad and utterly moronic. Thanks for correcting me.
Wait, so I'm not allowed to make a legitimate concern about MDZ, yet you're free to say Brassard is better than Stastny? Jeez, I'm out of this stupid discussion then, comeback when you actually want to discuss a legitimate asset for a #1b/2 center. Have no problem with people worried about his contract having one year left, but the ignorance of some towards his abilities and play is absurd.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Yeah... ignorance. Not even close to Stepan./

06-16-2013, 07:42 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
i think he was laughing bc hags is a top 6 fwd, yes that would be a good trade stasny around hags..however rangers are thin on LW and the most logical trade for us that us as ranger fans feel MDZ would be the talent that would be to trade...

you avs, correct me if I am wrong, had hoped when you trade shat for EJ you had a PP dman, but that hasnt worked as planned, you more or less got a solid dman, but just you guys need more help on the backend, no?

so something around MDZ for Stasny would be ideal for both teams situations..

if it meant to give MDZ, Thomas/Fast, 3rd to get a UFA stasny after this year.. Id strongly consider it..

Old
06-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
LMFAO.

This is hilarious.
Its not as awful as your making it out to be. I wouldn't do it considering Hagelin makes a fraction of what Stastny does and they had the same production this year but... Its not like Stastny doesnt have the ability to produce 70+ points per season.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i think he was laughing bc hags is a top 6 fwd, yes that would be a good trade stasny around hags..however rangers are thin on LW and the most logical trade for us that us as ranger fans feel MDZ would be the talent that would be to trade...

you avs, correct me if I am wrong, had hoped when you trade shat for EJ you had a PP dman, but that hasnt worked as planned, you more or less got a solid dman, but just you guys need more help on the backend, no?

so something around MDZ for Stasny would be ideal for both teams situations..

if it meant to give MDZ, Thomas/Fast, 3rd to get a UFA stasny after this year.. Id strongly consider it..
I would only if we knew Stastny was going to sign an extension.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:08 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
not interested in that, we are already short on LWs, plus Hagelin is still gonna be cheap for a while, not gonna give him up for a guy making 6M who is an upcoming UFA. I didn't know the Avs valued Stastny that much.. Any other Avs fans want to chime in?
It sounds like you don't want to give up anything of value for him.
If I said Stasny for any of the following:
Stepan
Hagelin
Brassard
Staal
Giradi
McDonagh
Callahan
You would still decline. JT Miller, Christian Thomas and Dylan Mcailraith won't get it done.
You probably wouldn't part with MDZ or Kreider either.
No one is going to just hand the Rangers a number 2 Center.
You already got McDonagh for free.
Most other GMs are a little smarter than that.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:11 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsWantStanley View Post
He won't walk. Paul could fetch a nice return at the deadline. It's also a contract year. The AVS have no reason to trade him now when his value is at a low.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:33 AM
borisbadenough

Big contracts, big names, no cup... Stats would just turn into another Nash or Richards for the Rangers.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:49 AM
number72

Quote:
why the hell would we move a 40 pt defensemen making 2.5M for a guy who is an upcoming UFA making over 6M, let alone add in a top prospect like Fasth?
Make a fair proposal. Look at what Pomminville went for to the Wild. The Avs don't need just prospects but a mix of nhl or nhl ready quality shutdown defender and wingers would be useful.

Pominville + 4th round pick 2014 for Johan Larsson, Matt Hackett and first-round in 2013, and a second-round in 2014.
You can say Statsny is worth more or less because this or that but this is a starting point for trade discussion.

Closed Thread