HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Old
06-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Congrats PK.

As you can see at about 3:51, PK's points are basically all due to Gomez's superior playmaking skills. It's a fact and I think we're really going to regret the Gomez buyout.

How can you watch Subban play and NOT think he's a character player? Does whatever it takes to win and plays with passion.

Couldn't be happier for him.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
He makes a perfect captain with how he talks and deals with the media, but I don't think he has enough respect around the league, which is really cuz some other players are just haters. I think it's clear Gorges is the next captain of this team, I could see Subban get an "A" in the next couple of years, and maybe be a captain in his 30 when his game kinda cooled off, ex Chelios.
A team captain has nothing to do with how a player deals with the external media and everything to do with how he's perceived by his teammates in the locker room. By all accounts (whatever that's worth) PK is probably liked/tolerated in the room, but isn't the guy other players would go to for wisdom and leadership. Sure, it could change. As you say, he might get an "A" eventually, but I see him on the panel of HNIC before I see him ever getting a "C".

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:41 AM
otto bond

This is crazy and soooo cool. Congrats PK to a well deserved Norris.
Love everything about this player, skill, more skills and then some more skillss with passion, will to win and desire to win.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Price My Man Crush

And it's the best day eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. Damn.
My boy PK winning!

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:53 AM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I'd also love to have him but he's a dirty POS who nearly murdered another player on the ice and then claimed he didn't know what he was doing. **** him, hope his decline is slow and painful.
Sure he could have laid up there a bit, but if not for the stanchion the play is relatively harmless, it was a combination of bad luck, and Chara's aggressive game. I think emotions get the best of some otherwise intelligent posters. What happened to patches sucked and we should be thankful he's fully recovered, but one play does not represent a player, especially a play as unfortunate as this one.

Was Chara suppose to concede here and let patches blow by him? I don't think so. I honestly think it was a bit reckless on Chara's part, but I don't think there was much intent there. Bang bang plays at full speed are easy for us to sit back and moan about how it should have happened differently, but this is a fast game with split second reactions. Happens all the time where players make a play they wish they could have back, doesn't make them malicious, it' their highly competitive nature.

How many times have you seen otherwise clean players, line a player up, receiving player shifts out of the way and the checker sticks his knee out to make contact? Or how many times does the intended recipient move out of the way and an elbow from the checker goes into his head? Almost everyone game plays like these happen, doesn't make every player dirty, you've got less than a second to make a decision, sometimes the wrong one gets made. Only time they get magnified is when a serious injury results from the play.

The game is so fast now. It's so fast it's dangerous. I think some of the rule changes, although increase excitement, also increase risks, I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the reward. I was perfectly fine with hockey prior to the 1st lockout, but the NHL aims to please the casual fans in hopes to make a greater bite into the US market, unfortunately they can change whatever they want, in States where they don't even have ice, hockey will never be mainstream. I hate how the NHL alienates their ardent followers in attempts to please those who don't understand or even follow the game at all.

The only major sport where they discuss a whole host of rule changes each and every season. If the NHL was serious about injuries it would make rule changes to help prevent them, I haven't seen much. I don't expect mandatory visors to help much. It might prevent the odd play that happens maybe a handful of times a year, but there are more serious head injuries still haven't really been addressed to an appropriate level. They create rules, follow them for a year or two and then get away from them. Not to mention the rules change depending on the period, the game, the score, the playoffs. The NHL will never be mainstream, those casual fans probably don't know wth is going.

Last edited by habsfanatics*: 06-16-2013 at 09:02 AM.
habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:56 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoque taupe View Post
gratz PK!

How can you dislike this guy? Seriously. Especially as a Habs fan...

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:18 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Sure he could have laid up there a bit, but if not for the stanchion the play is relatively harmless, it was a combination of bad luck, and Chara's aggressive game. I think emotions get the best of some otherwise intelligent posters. What happened to patches sucked and we should be thankful he's fully recovered, but one play does not represent a player, especially a play as unfortunate as this one.

Was Chara suppose to concede here and let patches blow by him? I don't think so. I honestly think it was a bit reckless on Chara's part, but I don't think there was much intent there. Bang bang plays at full speed are easy for us to sit back and moan about how it should have happened differently, but this is a fast game with split second reactions. Happens all the time where players make a play they wish they could have back, doesn't make them malicious, it' their highly competitive nature.

How many times have you seen otherwise clean players, line a player up, receiving player shifts out of the way and the checker sticks his knee out to make contact? Or how many times does the intended recipient move out of the way and an elbow from the checker goes into his head? Almost everyone game plays like these happen, doesn't make every player dirty, you've got less than a second to make a decision, sometimes the wrong one gets made. Only time they get magnified is when a serious injury results from the play.

The game is so fast now. It's so fast it's dangerous. I think some of the rule changes, although increase excitement, also increase risks, I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the reward. I was perfectly fine with hockey prior to the 1st lockout, but the NHL aims to please the casual fans in hopes to make a greater bite into the US market, unfortunately they can change whatever they want, in States where they don't even have ice, hockey will never be mainstream. I hate how the NHL alienates their ardent followers in attempts to please those who don't understand or even follow the game at all.

The only major sport where they discuss a whole host of rule changes each and every season. If the NHL was serious about injuries it would make rule changes to help prevent them, I haven't seen much. I don't expect mandatory visors to help much. It might prevent the odd play that happens maybe a handful of times a year, but there are more serious head injuries still haven't really been addressed to an appropriate level. They create rules, follow them for a year or two and then get away from them. Not to mention the rules change depending on the period, the game, the score, the playoffs. The NHL will never be mainstream, those casual fans probably don't know wth is going.
Patches did not have the puck. the puck was way way down at the back boards when Patches was passing Chara on the outside to get to the puck first. When Chara hits Patches it is clearly defensive interference and NOT LEGAL. From that moment CHARA is responsible for any injury. In the real world it would be the difference between Murder and manslaughter, what it's NOT is a misdemeanor. It's Chara's act that directly causes the injury. Sure intent would make it even worse but setting that aside it still stands as one of the NHL's worst non-suspension calls in NHL history. If it was a legal play then that is when all bets are off, no suspension it was just an unfortunate play BUT once Chara turns the play to an ILLegal play it's CHARA that is responsible for everything.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Congrats PK.

I always laugh at "he's telling Crosby what to do"

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Runner77

vCash: 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
How can you dislike this guy? Seriously. Especially as a Habs fan...
Just saw the clip and am truly impressed. Showed lots of class and maturity, saluted all those who helped him and stayed humble throughout. To top it all off, the man's got the gift of gab. PK does it all, both on and off the ice.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Runner77

vCash: 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I knew P.K. was a Therrien fan, just looking at the "veston"!
That mustard jacket made quite the statement. Reminded a bit of those CBC jackets that guys in the booth would wear during hockey broadcasts -- the ones with the exploding pizza logo.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post

You are aware patch shoved Chara after a goal earlier that season? The bruins made a HUGE fuss out of the whole incident. Retribution was in the plans ever since that incident. The bruins were on the warpath and wanted their pound of flesh. Edwards basically said so that Patch was a marked man in the bruins locker room.

Then Chara pushed him head first into the stanchion at full speed. He later claimed he didn't know who was on the ice. Much in the same way he asked that reporter to prove it was him who sucker punched Crosby. Why should it matter that he didn't know Patch was on the ice ? If Chara's actions were legal, why did he feel the need to make the ridiculous excuse that he didn't know it was Patch? Please.. you're buying into that drivel. You're ridiculously gullible or a bruins fan in disguise. Not sure which.

What's frustrating about your post is that you even tried to pass it off as if habs fans were blinded by rage and couldn't see the truth. No offense (here comes the offensive part), but your post was laughable really. It's already annoying to hear fans of other teams dump on Subban, and make a ton of excuses for that POS Chara without seeing our own fans buying into that crap. I have a hard time believing a habs fan would make apologies for Chara the way you just did. As I said, it's laughable.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
So where are those clowns were the clamoring to trade him for his little hold-out early on?

I can remember a few names but this post stands out:

There were a few others who were casually dismissing his talent as if he's just a regular ol' Bouillon or something. Pretty interesting seeing how easily fans turn on players but blindly side with management for years and years (I was guilty of this with Gainey/Gauthier, myself).

Subban's the real deal like few others are, and he's ours. Give him more minutes, more responsibilities, a leadership role, etc. He deserves it, he's a Hab through and through.

And shortly after that post we have this gem:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=39

Quote:
No. I have enough information to come up with my opinion.

The game is bigger than one player. The team is bigger than one player. Let him move on and go elsewhere.

His priority is PK Subban, not the Montreal Canadiens. Maybe he can go join his brother with the Bruins.

Funny, entertaining, terribly misinformed stuff, as per usual.

It's clear that Subban's priority is not only the Habs, but a Stanley Cup.

As he said, "The Norris is ok, but the Cup is all that matters"

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:40 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
You are aware patch shoved Chara after a goal earlier that season? The bruins made a HUGE fuss out of the whole incident. Retribution was in the plans ever since that incident. The bruins were on the warpath and wanted their pound of flesh. Edwards basically said so that Patch was a marked man in the bruins locker room.

Then Chara pushed him head first into the stanchion at full speed. He later claimed he didn't know who was on the ice. Much in the same way he asked that reporter to prove it was him who sucker punched Crosby. Why should it matter that he didn't know Patch was on the ice ? If Chara's actions were legal, why did he feel the need to make the ridiculous excuse that he didn't know it was Patch? Please.. you're buying into that drivel. You're ridiculously gullible or a bruins fan in disguise. Not sure which.

What's frustrating about your post is that you even tried to pass it off as if habs fans were blinded by rage and couldn't see the truth. No offense (here comes the offensive part), but your post was laughable really. It's already annoying to hear fans of other teams dump on Subban, and make a ton of excuses for that POS Chara without seeing our own fans buying into that crap. I have a hard time believing a habs fan would make apologies for Chara the way you just did. As I said, it's laughable.
A-****ing-men.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:52 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

Preach!

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:02 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:

Better said than I would. Great post.

Chara's a dirty, diving, cowardly bum, and it frustrates me that he has a chance at winning another cup again.

I wish him nothing but bad luck.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:14 AM
DAChampion

Now i remember.

It was Kulikov who was argued to be a Subban-comparable.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Now i remember.

It was Kulikov who was argued to be a Subban-comparable.
Thanks to that moron Francois Gagnon.

Del Zotto was used as a comparable too. He basically looked at the NHL.com stats page to make his conclusion.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Didn't realize PK moonlighted as a Century 21 real estate agent

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:44 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Didn't realize PK moonlighted as a Century 21 real estate agent
I guess the used-car salesman outfit was at the cleaners.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:50 AM
icerocket

Just give PK the damn C already.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:58 AM
the

vCash: 50
We officially have a new franchise player! He will also deserve every single penny of his next contract and it won't be based on potential!

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I honestly don't care about his next deal, sure we could've locked him up cheaper before last year but if anyone deserves a big contract its him.

Works his ass off every day and game and is just a class act off the ice, so proud to have him on our team and don't want to ever see him in any jersey other than a Habs' one.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:05 PM
PyrettaBlaze

I wonder if he'd still get all of this hate if he was white... I mean, there's no way he'd EVER be able to get away with a tweet like this:

@ErikKarlsson65
I've been told not to tweet when I'm drinking. But everybody knows that even thou your an professional. U drink. Lol

https://twitter.com/ErikKarlsson65/s...62240033775616

06-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Newhabfan

Anyone else was annoyed at how Pierre Houde translated his interview on RDS ? I mean.. PK already has all this bad PR in Montreal and he did all he could to thank the team, while Houde was basically elsewhere.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/simplem...lleur-1.632459

For instance, PK says "feels great to represent the Canadiens here today, growing up as a Habs fan, as well as my father..."

Houde's tranlation - "PK said it's an honor than reflects on his family members and all the Canadien fans".

There were other, like the Duncan Keith anecdote - basically PK is saying that you win this because there is a good team to push you. Houde translates something like "it's good to win the trophy, but it's also good to play with a good team".

I could be paranoid, or overanalyzing. Am I ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote