HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 12:15 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Is there any info about Schultz? Will he be invited to camp?

Old
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'm guessing not, but we'll see if he gets his QO in a couple weeks, which I'm assuming he won't get.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I'm guessing not, but we'll see if he gets his QO in a couple weeks, which I'm assuming he won't get.
I'd be shocked if he did.

The way it looks now there will be a log jam in Hamilton on d.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

He's a forward. But regardless, he hasn't progressed much and I doubt he gets signed.

Old
06-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
He's a forward. But regardless, he hasn't progressed much and I doubt he gets signed.
I meant with the re-signing of Drewiskie

Old
06-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Doubt it, there is a reason they banished him to ECHL most of the year. Off ice(work ethic) issues.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:31 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
I just saw that Vail played 12 games with the Dogs at the end of the season and got 4 pts and +/- 2 on a team that was terrible this year. Does anybody know how he looked out there? Could he impress next year?
He was the second most impressive forward who joined the Bulldogs late in the season, only behind Hudon (not counting Collberg). He out played Archambault and Kristo considerably, in my opinion. Now, to put things into perspective, it's not like he was playing great or anything. He had his good moments and his bad. There were times when he was nailing people and bringing the puck to the net hard and others where he wasn't really doing much at all. Playing with Hagel and Stortini might have that effect on you though.

Next year it's back to Windsor for him, where barring a trade of course, he'll be relied upon as their number one centre. It's a big year for him as he didn't quite develop his offensive game as much as I (or even Vail himself, who set his expectations for 30 goals and 70 points at the beginning of the season) would have liked. Despite his polished defensive game, he still is quite raw offensively and has a long road ahead of him in that regard.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:

Who all is in the D group, I thought there were only five for sure assuming Tonordi is in Montreal?

Old
06-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Who all is in the D group, I thought there were only five for sure assuming Tonordi is in Montreal?
Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn, Beaulieu, Nygren.

*Thrower (said himself he'd be there.)
*Tinordi (could be on the habs)

Montreal

Subban, Gorges, Markov, Diaz, Bouillon, Drewiskie
*Weber (Unsigned, doubtful, but you never know)
*Emelin (Hurt to start the season)
*Tinordi (If as a 7th d, then it's better for him to be in Hamilton.

If he is in Hamilton, then you have 6 dman in either their 1st, or 2nd year in the AHL.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn, Beaulieu, Nygren.

*Thrower (said himself he'd be there.)
*Tinordi (could be on the habs)

Montreal

Subban, Gorges, Markov, Diaz, Bouillon, Drewiskie
*Weber (Unsigned, doubtful, but you never know)
*Emelin (Hurt to start the season)
*Tinordi (If as a 7th d, then it's better for him to be in Hamilton.

If he is in Hamilton, then you have 6 dman in either their 1st, or 2nd year in the AHL.
I think Tinordi will be either the 6th D in Montreal or the #1 D in Hamilton. Makes no sense to keep him around and not play him. That's what Drewiske is for.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:21 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I think Tinordi will be either the 6th D in Montreal or the #1 D in Hamilton. Makes no sense to keep him around and not play him. That's what Drewiske is for.
Still looks like they could use a vet on D and probably forward as well.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Alex Belzile and Olivier Fortier were selected during the annual LNAH draft.

So in case they choose to play in the LNAH, there is already one team that owns their rights. (I expect Belizle to re-sign with Hamilton but I wouldn't be surprise if Fortier decided to join the LNAH.)

Other "interesting" names selected : Keven Veilleux, Dany Massé, Danick Paquette, Brandon Reid, Guillaume Desbiens and Daniel Corso
http://www.lnah.com/repechage.php

Old
06-18-2013, 09:57 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
yes, I don't see the Habs keeping Tinordi unless he's going to get ice time. I'm hoping he sees more time in Hamilton but if Emelin is back at some point in Nov, they might want to have Tinordi fill in till then perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Still looks like they could use a vet on D and probably forward as well.
Unless they add a few undrafted CHL or NCAA FA's, they are likely going to need a few veteran forwards. Will be interesting to see how the roster shapes up after such a terrible season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Alex Belzile and Olivier Fortier were selected during the annual LNAH draft.

So in case they choose to play in the LNAH, there is already one team that owns their rights. (I expect Belizle to re-sign with Hamilton but I wouldn't be surprise if Fortier decided to join the LNAH.)

Other "interesting" names selected : Keven Veilleux, Dany Massé, Danick Paquette, Brandon Reid, Guillaume Desbiens and Daniel Corso
http://www.lnah.com/repechage.php
I would bring back Belizle, although I wonder why they haven't already done so. Fortier in the LNAH makes sense.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He was the second most impressive forward who joined the Bulldogs late in the season, only behind Hudon (not counting Collberg). He out played Archambault and Kristo considerably, in my opinion. Now, to put things into perspective, it's not like he was playing great or anything. He had his good moments and his bad. There were times when he was nailing people and bringing the puck to the net hard and others where he wasn't really doing much at all. Playing with Hagel and Stortini might have that effect on you though.

Next year it's back to Windsor for him, where barring a trade of course, he'll be relied upon as their number one centre. It's a big year for him as he didn't quite develop his offensive game as much as I (or even Vail himself, who set his expectations for 30 goals and 70 points at the beginning of the season) would have liked. Despite his polished defensive game, he still is quite raw offensively and has a long road ahead of him in that regard.
Hey That, I recall Vail being on a hot start at the season, IIRC he was top 3 in scoring in the OHL for a couple weeks, why did his production drop so much as the year went on? Thanks in advance.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:19 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Hey That, I recall Vail being on a hot start at the season, IIRC he was top 3 in scoring in the OHL for a couple weeks, why did his production drop so much as the year went on? Thanks in advance.
He actually played defence for about a month of the season when Windsor had lots of injuries on the backend.

Edit: 10 games to be exact. Started hot, came back down to earth, then went to defence for 10 games, went back to forward and played about how he should play.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:27 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
At the start, it seemed like everything he touched found it's way in the back of the net. He was definitely getting more than his fair share of bounces. Then Windsor hit a wall, which happened to be right around the same time that Vail's luck dried up. Once his production dropped in November, he still played quite well, but the bounces just weren't going Windsor's way. They only won three games in November, but six of the losses were one goal games. In December, his production started increasing, but that's when his real struggles began. From then on, Vail just really seemed to struggle in nearly every aspect of the game and Windsor started getting absolutely hammered; lots of blowout losses and just as many passengers on the team. It wasn't until the last month or so of the season that Vail got back on track. Weirdly enough, it was him playing defence that seemed to spark that.

In the middle of the season Vail seemed fatigued. At times he struggled to keep up with the play. I didn't watch Windsor very much in Vail's draft year, but I do recall hearing that his conditioning could be a concern. I'm not sure to what extent, but after the mid-season lull, it certainly could have some substance to it. Now of course it could just be linked to the fact that he was basically EVERYTHING for the Spitfires except goaltender. He really was the only two-way top six forward on the ENTIRE team until Khokhlachev returned, which also seems to coincide (somewhat) with Vail's resurgence. He was certainly forced into a role in Windsor this year, was he ready? It certainly seemed like it at the beginning, but there's no doubt it seemed to overwhelm for him as the season progressed.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
At the start, it seemed like everything he touched found it's way in the back of the net. He was definitely getting more than his fair share of bounces. Then Windsor hit a wall, which happened to be right around the same time that Vail's luck dried up. Once his production dropped in November, he still played quite well, but the bounces just weren't going Windsor's way. They only won three games in November, but six of the losses were one goal games. In December, his production started increasing, but that's when his real struggles began. From then on, Vail just really seemed to struggle in nearly every aspect of the game and Windsor started getting absolutely hammered; lots of blowout losses and just as many passengers on the team. It wasn't until the last month or so of the season that Vail got back on track. Weirdly enough, it was him playing defence that seemed to spark that.

In the middle of the season Vail seemed fatigued. At times he struggled to keep up with the play. I didn't watch Windsor very much in Vail's draft year, but I do recall hearing that his conditioning could be a concern. I'm not sure to what extent, but after the mid-season lull, it certainly could have some substance to it. Now of course it could just be linked to the fact that he was basically EVERYTHING for the Spitfires except goaltender. He really was the only two-way top six forward on the ENTIRE team until Khokhlachev returned, which also seems to coincide (somewhat) with Vail's resurgence. He was certainly forced into a role in Windsor this year, was he ready? It certainly seemed like it at the beginning, but there's no doubt it seemed to overwhelm for him as the season progressed.
I saw him twice in the first month and then a couple times later and the fatigue thing is what jumped out at me. Early he seemed to have swagger and was engaged on every shift. Later when I saw him, he looked a lot like a tired player who was just mentally fatigued.

I don't know if perhaps he started thinking of the WJCs and left it all on the table and then crashed after or what? But there's no doubt his effectiveness dropped off by a mile in that middle stretch of the season.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:

Thanks for the info, although the versatility is nice and all I don't think it's ideal thing for his development as a forward. Hopefully he works on his conditioning like you've pointed out and let's hope he plays more like he did in october, would do wonders for his confidence.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:24 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I probably missed something at some point. But isn't Mac Bennett supposed to join Hamilton next season? Unless he's not in the plans anymore but I remember him being quite promising.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I probably missed something at some point. But isn't Mac Bennett supposed to join Hamilton next season? Unless he's not in the plans anymore but I remember him being quite promising.
He'll go for his last year in the NCAA. He's signing in 2014-2015, if he signs.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Bennett was named Captain of the Wolverines for next year so he's staying 1 more year.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bennett was named Captain of the Wolverines for next year so he's staying 1 more year.
That's quite an honor to be named Captain of Michigan Wolverines, he's come a long way since being injured in his draft year which enabled the Habs to draft him in the 3rd round. Quite a steal Mac comes from a long line of NHLers in his family tree, his grandfather was a goalie and two uncles played forwards, all of them with long careers in the NHL. His grandfather was in nets for Rocket Richard's 50th goal in his 50th game, a dubious honor, one the Rocket held for three decades.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He could join the Dogs next spring as Michigan could be in for a rough season now that Trouba/Merill are gone and their goaltending is suspect. I think very highly of him becuase of his impressive mobility, he's improved his defensive game by a lot to the point it's a strength but he's got to get stronger.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Et le But

"Alexander Avtsin's agent calls NA hockey experience with #Bulldogs "depressing." Avtsin's moving to Novokuznetsk."

Old
06-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Don't blame him, he went through 3 different coaching staff during his time there.

Closed Thread