HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL III

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
I hate to seem like I'm piling on, but Phoenix/Glendale has had MORE than enough time by now to pull together enough support from the city and sponsors to make real progress by now (maybe not close the deal but at least be on a real timeline to doing so) and they have not. I think the league has to get out of the business of running that franchise and ultimately that probably means they are not the Desert dogs anymore. Sad that it comes to this, but we are where we are.
They were doomed when they moved from phoenix.

It is as if the Predators were playing in Columbia , Tn. (no offense, intended) Not enough fans, not enough sponsors and too far from Nashville.

Moyes, the previous owner, screwed the team....

Old
06-14-2013, 07:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Seattle makes much more sense.
Need an arena first. When news that Sacramento is staying broke, so did the dreams of a Seattle NHL team anytime in the next couple seasons. (The SuperSonics arena ((Key Arena??))won't support hockey)

Old
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

So if PHX moves to QC, doesn't that mean there would be 2 more teams in the East than in the West next year? I don't see that happening. I think Portland, Seattle, Kansas City, or somewhere in Wisconsin are better options.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
So if PHX moves to QC, doesn't that mean there would be 2 more teams in the East than in the West next year? I don't see that happening. I think Portland, Seattle, Kansas City, or somewhere in Wisconsin are better options.
Bettman has said they will re-consider the re-alignment depending on what happens in the desert over the next week or so. We've never actually used the new one, so changing it isn't a huge deal. I would guess this moves Detroit or Columbus back to the west, if QC is the destination.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Bettman has said they will re-consider the re-alignment depending on what happens in the desert over the next week or so. We've never actually used the new one, so changing it isn't a huge deal. I would guess this moves Detroit or Columbus back to the west, if QC is the destination.

I would rather not have Detroit in the West at this point. I was kind of looking forward to not having Columbus in our division either.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:15 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If Phoenix moves to QC they will almost certainly have to bump either CBJ or Detroit back into the west and they would likely bump Colorado into the far western division

although CBJ would be better for our franchise I would relish the opportunity to keep the Wings in our division

Old
06-14-2013, 12:55 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If Phoenix moves to QC they will almost certainly have to bump either CBJ or Detroit back into the west and they would likely bump Colorado into the far western division

although CBJ would be better for our franchise I would relish the opportunity to keep the Wings in our division
I dunno, columbus has a ton of young talent coming. Datsyuk and zetterburg won't be elite forever

Old
06-16-2013, 12:10 AM
hockey diva

Silence at the United Center is golden

Old
06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Need an arena first. When news that Sacramento is staying broke, so did the dreams of a Seattle NHL team anytime in the next couple seasons. (The SuperSonics arena ((Key Arena??))won't support hockey)
I stand corrected. Sorry. Apparently the latest has it looking like Phoenix to Seattle will most likely happen.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Puck daddy says that the NHL has a Seattle plan in place for PHX

Old
06-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Are you shocked ? ... I for one am not

Old
06-16-2013, 05:05 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Are you shocked ? ... I for one am not
another fanbase looks like they will be losing the relocation battle.... makes you realize how incredibly lucky we were...

Old
06-16-2013, 05:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Lucky to get the ownership group we did, but the fans of this team deserve a ton of credit. We literally rallied to keep the Preds here. Without that I doubt the gentlemen who were kind enough to spend their money to keep the team here would have thought it was a good business decision.

I feel for Yotes fans, but if they haven't been able to make it work in the desert by now, with years of relocation talks, it just isn't going to happen.

Last edited by TMI: 06-17-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Lucky to get the ownership group we did, but the fans of this team deserve a ton of credit. We literally rallied to keep the Preds here. Without that I doubt the gentlemen who were kind enough to spend their money to keep the team here wouldn't have thought it was a good business decision.

I feel for Yotes fans, but if they haven't been able to make it work in the desert by now, with years of relocation talks, it just isn't going to happen.
100% agreed. I really do feel bad for the die-hard Yotes supporters, but I've been to a game out there before, and man, it's just not the same. They don't have the support we do, plain and simple. I think under 5000 showed up to their "Save the Coyotes" rally, when 14000+ showed up to ours.

I felt bad when the Thrashers moved because their ownership screwed them over. The NHL tried everything possible to save the Desert Dogs - including owning the team themselves - and it just didn't work.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:58 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Phoenix to wherever depends on the outcome of the latest lease "framework" mentioned Friday.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:26 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Not a surprise. KeyArena will be a temporary home while a new building is built. Hansen is supposedly working out a deal under the table for an expansion franchise in the NBA, and teaming up with a hockey team will really bring his vision of Seattle as a major sports town to life.

Expansion to Quebec and Toronto make a lot of sense, anyway, because the expansion fees would be much higher for those two markets than would Seattle.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Not a surprise. KeyArena will be a temporary home while a new building is built. Hansen is supposedly working out a deal under the table for an expansion franchise in the NBA, and teaming up with a hockey team will really bring his vision of Seattle as a major sports town to life.

Expansion to Quebec and Toronto make a lot of sense, anyway, because the expansion fees would be much higher for those two markets than would Seattle.
**** Marek has been speculating on his podcast for over a year

Old
06-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Hi Preds fans

Old
06-17-2013, 07:22 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Hi Preds fans
This

Old
06-17-2013, 07:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hey, hockey fan.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:33 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So...this article helps with the latest on the Phoenix situation:

Quote:
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn has acknowledged recent discussions with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
Quote:
"I let him know of the situation here, and that we were supportive of bringing the NHL to Seattle," McGinn said. "We have Key Arena, so we talked about the potential of them being in Key Arena, while we continue to work on a new arena plan."
Again, I stand corrected. I thought the arena was designed for NBA only. That said, it will only seat 11,000 for hockey. They better hurry up and build that new arena.

Quote:
McGinn said, while the news is encouraging, "I really want to bring down expectations. We are very clearly Plan B for the NHL and this team. I feel compelled to say this after the experience we had with Sacramento than the likelihood of us having a team here in a couple of weeks is low."
http://www.king5.com/sports/McGinn-W...211753581.html

Old
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Again, I stand corrected. I thought the arena was designed for NBA only. That said, it will only seat 11,000 for hockey. They better hurry up and build that new arena.
It is "NBA only" in the same sense that the Barclays Center is "NBA only." It will be an awkward setup, but temporary homes like that aren't totally out of the question in NHL history. The Lightning played at Tropicana Field for three years while the Forum was built.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The insane over-rating of Subban on these boards is too funny. The guy plays good for 35 games and all the sudden he's elite.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Nitrous Mafia

keyarena hockey setup, yeesh 0.0

they should relocate to seattle or portland imo

Old
06-17-2013, 11:39 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I don't care if he hasn't scored a goal. Jagr has been absolutely incredible. So strong with the puck, such good vision. That pass to Bergeron tonight was just ridiculous. It's amazing he's still doing this at 41 years old.

Closed Thread