HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Rangers.

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Avs44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
You're not intelligent at all actually. With each post, you prove my point.

I'm not the one that blew a gasket when someone said "LMFAO, this is hilarious".

I guess you forgot about how we got here.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. If you even bothered to look it from the other team's perspective, which you are perfectly incapable of doing, you would have seen why I was laughing so hard that I nearly fell off my dinosaur in the year 60,000 bc when this mess started because of your blatant ignorance.

I'm not making anything up, you came in here like the last scene of out Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, guns ablaze all up in arms because I laughed at the idea of the Rangers giving up assets for a player they don't need with a high salary when they're going to get rid of a similar player with a similar price tag with a similar (albeit, not as extreme) decline in production with the cap going down.

Maybe instead of grasping at straws and trying to outwit or belittle me or whatever you're attempting to do that will help you sleep at night (you're terrible at it anyway), maybe you should remove your head from the sand and start looking in the mirror before you go pointing your finger at me when you're the real genius that started this whole thing.
Not intelligent at all? Thank you. Quite honestly, your valueless opinion means nothing to me. Carry on with the insults internet tough guy. The fact that you're resorting to that tells me all I need to know. Your immaturity is remarkable. And blew a gasket? Go back and read my response again to your post. My response was exactly what you had just posted.Clearly reading is not a strength with you.

Again, go back and read. Might want to do it quite a few times to make sure you actually comprehend it this time. Guns ablaze? You couldn't be more wrong. Carry on in your mindless hyperbole if it makes you feel better.

I would love to hear how exactly I started this. I replied to your post in kind, and you, apparently ultra sensitive and upset that anyone dared reply to what you said, decided to start pointing fingers and trying to act like I somehow started something If you cannot handle a response to your post, perhaps this is not the best place for you.

Anyways, I have better things to do than exchange insults with an incredibly sensitive reactionary person on the internet, so have a good day. Carry on with the responses. I could use a laugh.
Waiting for your "you're so unintelligent, blah blah blah" response.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
It doesn't have to be Stastny but I would feel much better w Brassard at 3c
He's still not the answer and with the cap going down, he's still a cap liability for us. With his play in the last 3 seasons and his cap hit, there's just not a fit there.

If the Rangers are taking on a center with that kind of cap hit, it's one that's going to move not just Brassard down a slot, but Stepan as well and Stastny just simply isn't good enough to do that at his point.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:22 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Not intelligent at all? Thank you. Quite honestly, your valueless opinion means nothing to me. Carry on with the insults internet tough guy. The fact that you're resorting to that tells me all I need to know. Your immaturity is remarkable. And blew a gasket? Go back and read my response again to your post. My response was exactly what you had just posted.Clearly reading is not a strength with you.
My opinion is so worthless and valueless that you care enough to keep replying and now resort to rehashing what I say and using it against me.

Wonderful logic.

Quote:
Again, go back and read. Might want to do it quite a few times to make sure you actually comprehend it this time. Guns ablaze? You couldn't be more wrong. Carry on in your mindless hyperbole if it makes you feel better.
You're a broken record. I'm not the one that got offended by someone laughing at an idea like that. That's where this little attempt at a pissing contest you're trying to have with me but losing miserably at started from.

Quote:
I would love to hear how exactly I started this. I replied to your post in kind, and you, apparently ultra sensitive and upset that anyone dared reply to what you said, decided to start pointing fingers and trying to act like I somehow started something If you cannot handle a response to your post, perhaps this is not the best place for you.
Really? Because you were the one so pissed off that you called my post crap instead of laughing a it like I did to the person who suggested Hagelin. Yet I can't handle someone's opinion? Keep sticking your foot in your mouth, because that's about the only thing you're any good at.

Quote:
Anyways, I have better things to do than exchange insults with an incredibly sensitive reactionary person on the internet, so have a good day. Carry on with the responses. I could use a laugh.
Waiting for your "you're so unintelligent, blah blah blah" response.
You mean you're tired of calling me out for being what you are and then carrying on because you can't belittle or outwit me?

Life isn't fair, go cry about it elsewhere, I'll send you a box of Kleenex.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:33 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Do not want or need Stastny.

The Rangers are set are down the middle with Stepan and Brassard.
I'm not convinced Alain Vigneault will see it that way.

In any event, as an outside perspective, something around MDZ for Stastny seems pretty close to me, if the Rangers were to invest in another top center.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:42 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
In any event, as an outside perspective, something around MDZ for Stastny seems pretty close to me, if the Rangers were to invest in another top center.
yeah Stastny probably won't get a proven great defenseman like Girardi or McD, but I wouldn't want to trade Staz for a terrible defender in MDZ.

Terrible is a bit too strong of a word, but no way would I want to trade a top 2 centre for MDZ.

Last edited by S E P H: 06-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 12:49 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
I'm not convinced Alain Vigneault will see it that way.
I'm almost 110% sure Glen Sather will, especially with the cap going down and Brad Richards still under contract as of this moment.

Quote:
For a winger? Quite possible. For ANOTHER center? Most likely not.

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 06-16-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 12:59 PM
tucker3434

So I see this is going well. I'm surprised its still open. Anyway, pretty difficult to put a value on stastny now. We should probably revisit this in a month or two after we have had a chance to discuss an extension wi stastny.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:34 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
MDZ is not as useful to the team as they need more of a shutdown defender. If the trade doesn't work for NYR then no problem. I think the Avs can do better trading him as a rental at the deadline and it makes more sense to hold him then take mediocre depth players that rangers or other teams don't want.
if a shut down is more a need then i understand... but to say mdz is a mediocre depth player is silly.. hes not the best defender but hes got plenty of upside and growth potential to be a stud in this league.. hes already put up 40pts in 3 out of 4yrs and played top 4 mins..he's a top 4 dman and if available any team would jump at trying to acquire him..

he was almost acquired by you guys for ROR before he was signed in Feb.. Slats backed off bc he wanted another dman back in the trade but avs said no.. im sure it was closer then most people expect..

Old
06-16-2013, 02:35 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm not sure if you've been watching Rangers games this year. 10th in Selke voting is a travesty for a player with his play this year. He led league in defensive GVT and had dominant puck possession numbers to back up his point production and already high quality PK abilities.
So, you're really convinced that Stepan is on the same level defensively as Datsyuk, Bergeron, Kesler, Backes, M. Richards, Kopitar, Zetterberg, Toews and Callahan?

Old
06-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
So, you're really convinced that Stepan is on the same level defensively as Datsyuk, Bergeron, Kesler, Backes, M. Richards, Kopitar, Zetterberg, Toews and Callahan?
Oh god Kershaw is about to burst on that one

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Old
06-16-2013, 04:40 PM
ColoradoAvs
Ryan O'Money

Can we have like a ban on Stastny proposals
Nothing against the OP but these things always end the same.
But hey, I'll give it a shot

Stastny + 3rd

Hagelin +1st

Old
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
dahrougem2

Stastny playing with Nash would be an absolutely deadly combination, combined with the potential hiring of Alain Vaigneault and his pure offense style, I have no doubt Stastny could return to being a 70-80 point center.

That said, there's no deal to be made here. We've got Barrie and Elliott, we have no need for MDZ especially with Siemens coming and likely Jones being drafted, along with Wilson and Hejda both on the left side and both having proven to play well with the two kids Barrie and Elliott. The only player I would realistically want from the Rangers is McDonagh, but Stastny isn't anywhere close to enough value to getting him so that's a pipe dream

Old
06-16-2013, 07:00 PM
vespa99

Based on his production the last 3 seasons I would think he would have little value in a trade unless he could be re signed to a contract at a little more than half what he is making now.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:10 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Oh god Kershaw is about to burst on that one

Hahahahahahahaha.

I literally just laughed out loud.

Can I get one those stick figure pics where the messed up face is yelling "FFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"

That's how Kershaw got when he saw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoAvs View Post
Can we have like a ban on Stastny proposals
Nothing against the OP but these things always end the same.
But hey, I'll give it a shot

Stastny + 3rd

Hagelin +1st
No, for reasons I've stated before.

We simply don't have the depth to deal for a part the Rangers already have, albeit a few years Statsny's senior.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:15 PM
PAZ

Quote:
You sure showed me there, tough guy. What's next, Internet warrior, gonna threaten to beat me up from 1,000 miles away??

Maybe you should have read my post before hand and you'd realize it wasn't useless or crap.

I'm not going to bother to further explain myself to someone who can't even think before he posts.

You're right there's nothing hilarious about the Rangers buying out Richards to get rid of his cap hit making 6 mill+ a year playing bottom-6 minutes to add yet another 6 mill+ center who would be stuck behind Stepan and Brassard and giving up a valuable young and cost-controlled asset like Hagelin on top of that.

Nothing hilarious at all, in fact it's sad and utterly moronic. Thanks for correcting me.

Come back when either of those two score 10 goals and 40 points in a season with a +20 while finishing 12th in Norris voting in their 3rd seasons.

For the last time, we need help at wing, not center.

No, my comment makes perfect sense. See my first post in this thread.

The Rangers DO NOT NEED A CENTER. They have Stepan and Brassard down the middle.

Maybe if you were actually capable of of thinking about what the other team involved needs help with, you would see my point.

Elite? Stepan is not Selke-Caliber defensively.
Quote:
You're not intelligent at all actually. With each post, you prove my point.

I'm not the one that blew a gasket when someone said "LMFAO, this is hilarious".

I guess you forgot about how we got here.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. If you even bothered to look it from the other team's perspective, which you are perfectly incapable of doing, you would have seen why I was laughing so hard that I nearly fell off my dinosaur in the year 60,000 bc when this mess started because of your blatant ignorance.

I'm not making anything up, you came in here like the last scene of out Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, guns ablaze all up in arms because I laughed at the idea of the Rangers giving up assets for a player they don't need with a high salary when they're going to get rid of a similar player with a similar price tag with a similar (albeit, not as extreme) decline in production with the cap going down.

Maybe instead of grasping at straws and trying to outwit or belittle me or whatever you're attempting to do that will help you sleep at night (you're terrible at it anyway), maybe you should remove your head from the sand and start looking in the mirror before you go pointing your finger at me when you're the real genius that started this whole thing.
You're really wanting an infraction aren't you? How you don't have one yet is beyond me. Maybe read the site rules eh?

Old
06-16-2013, 07:26 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
You're really wanting an infraction aren't you? How you don't have one yet is beyond me. Maybe read the site rules eh?
Because this isn't a post that's looking for one either?

Old
06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Because this isn't a post that's looking for one either?
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists.

Please point out to me where I was insulting you, thanks.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:38 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists.

Please point out to me where I was insulting you, thanks.
No, I wasn't insinuating that, actually.

What I was insinuating is that you're baiting/trolling me right now.

A pointless, after-the-fact post that you made in an attempt to goad me into an infraction.

Nice try though.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:38 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This is getting far too ugly.

Locked.

Closed Thread