HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well the rules are the rules right now. But I agree that "intent to blow" shouldn't be there. Only the whistle should count. Between your intent and the actual whistle has to be at best 1 or 2 seconds. And if a ref don't stop the play right away it's because he thinks it's free....1 or 2 seconds shouldn't change his call. Just go with the freakin whistle and live with it. Much easier to judge if it's good or not. 'Cause then you are giving judgement to the referees and WE DON'T WANT THAT...
Yeah I hate that rule, if the whistle is there to stop the play, then the play should be stop at the whistle.

I don't know why such rule exists. It only makes the refs look bad because every single time that stupid rule will be brought up, its because they lose sight of an uncovered that will lead to a goal.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:24 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
should be 2-0 but as long as the keep skating bruins don t have a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Blinded irrational hate or lack of hockey knowledge? I wonder..
Haha could be a bit of both

Old
06-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Jagr seems like he'll get one. Seguin is still that dangerous mode. He has 1 goal in the playoffs, but if I were a Chicago fan I'd be a little scared if he gets some room.

Boston and Chicago are doing well without key players even being remotely key.

Boston's goaltending, structure and 4th line won them the game. Our 4th line barely wins a shift.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:31 AM
hockeyfan2k11

So you mean to tell me, a goalie's play can keep a team that is getting dominated in all facets in the game.....in...the...game? I would have never thought that by reading the posts here.

Rask really should get the Conn Smythe if the Bruins win. It's their series to lose now..IMO

Old
06-16-2013, 08:35 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Blinded irrational hate or lack of hockey knowledge? I wonder..
According to some, they're all "luck". If people can't realize that Boston is an elite squad, they are either dumb or blind haters. They work hard, play a great system and have a goalie we could only dream ours turns into. Leafs must be kicking themselves for letting Rask go.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:41 AM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
According to some, they're all "luck". If people can't realize that Boston is an elite squad, they are either dumb or blind haters. They work hard, play a great system and have a goalie we could only dream ours turns into. Leafs must be kicking themselves for letting Rask go.
from what I remember about that time when they they had Rask and Pogge. Most leafs fan were so cocky about having the goalie of their futur in Pogge that they didn t care when Rask was traded. But , if most leaf fan really knew anything about hockey they wouldn t be leaf fans.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Yeah I hate that rule, if the whistle is there to stop the play, then the play should be stop at the whistle.

I don't know why such rule exists. It only makes the refs look bad because every single time that stupid rule will be brought up, its because they lose sight of an uncovered that will lead to a goal.
The rule exists for the case that a goalie has legitimately frozen the puck but it gets knocked loose and into the net in the 1-2 seconds that it takes for the ref to blow the whistle.

Maybe they need a hybrid rule where if he's blowing it because he's lost sight then it's up until the whistle, if he's blowing it for freezing the puck, calling a penalty, etc... then it's when he's made his decision.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Whitesnake, I've changed my opinion on Karma. You were right, it doesn't really exist. We apply it when the situation is there. Look at the ****ing Bruins.

Oh god it's killing me.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:07 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
from what I remember about that time when they they had Rask and Pogge. Most leafs fan were so cocky about having the goalie of their futur in Pogge that they didn t care when Rask was traded. But , if most leaf fan really knew anything about hockey they wouldn t be leaf fans.
I remember the Pogge hype. It was unbelievable.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:15 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Whitesnake, I've changed my opinion on Karma. You were right, it doesn't really exist. We apply it when the situation is there. Look at the ****ing Bruins.

Oh god it's killing me.
karma is a way for bitter people to feel better about themselves.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Oh god it's killing me.
Just think. Boston still has Malcolm Subban, Dougie Hamilton, Jared Knight, Anthony Camara and a few other good-great prospects in the ranks they're not even using.

They have another goalie in Lars Volden ( a guy I wanted), but I don't think they care too much about him. I also believe they drafted a goalie with the last name Matheson.

Virtually depth everywhere.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Is it just me or is the General board just unbearable? I just cannot understand how so many people can hate someone for no reason whatsoever, it's asinine.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:19 AM
bluetib

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
At least give everyone the reason why it wasn't a goal ref..

Just for your info

At 12:32 of the first period in the Blackhawks/Bruins game, video review was initiated by the NHL Situation Room because the puck entered the Boston net. The referee had blown the play dead prior to Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa pushing the goaltender's pads and the puck across the goal line. No goal Chicago.

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blog.htm?id=1405

Old
06-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetib View Post
Just for your info

At 12:32 of the first period in the Blackhawks/Bruins game, video review was initiated by the NHL Situation Room because the puck entered the Boston net. The referee had blown the play dead prior to Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa pushing the goaltender's pads and the puck across the goal line. No goal Chicago.

Except you can see the puck in the net before he has the whistle in his mouth. They need to change the rule and get rid of this "I was planning on blowing the whistle" crap. The clock doesn't stop when he plans on blowing the whistle, it stops when he does. So at the end of the game maybe they should add in 30 seconds or so for all the time that ticked off when he was thinking about blowing the whistle.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Do people start slowing down on their Bickell love? Just asking.
Funny you mention that.. I wanted to watch a game to see what all the love was about. YES he is big but sure doesn't use it much.Many times could have thrown a great check but skated by ....you would think after watching Lucic throw 10 hits after 2 periods that the bigger CHI players would throw a few hits...but no they would mostly skate by ....BOS hitting wore them down

One other thing...it is sad to watch the playoffs with the NEW reffing style.Makes the 3/4th lines look like the 1/2nd lines with all the clutch/grab/hooking going on. Of course this is the BOS style which is why they are gonna win this Cup. How can teams build a roster when the refs have one set of rules in regular season and a completely different for the playoffs

Old
06-16-2013, 11:15 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Just think. Boston still has Malcolm Subban, Dougie Hamilton, Jared Knight, Anthony Camara and a few other good-great prospects in the ranks they're not even using.

They have another goalie in Lars Volden ( a guy I wanted), but I don't think they care too much about him. I also believe they drafted a goalie with the last name Matheson.

There is no god.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetib View Post
Just for your info

Wow bruins fans so busy navel gazing and justifying a bad call they need to come to the habs board to troll.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Is it just me or is the General board just unbearable? I just cannot understand how so many people can hate someone for no reason whatsoever, it's asinine.
I only come on HFHabs now...people on the main board are annoying and are always trying to put down your team. They don't have respect for each other.

Our mods and people here are cool. Not the same.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

The rule is intended for situations where the whistle malfunctions or the official is not in a position to put the whistle to his mouth (bracing for a fall etc) . It's now used to cover off brain to mouth interface errors( I.e. screwups and slow reaction) .

Old
06-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Add their 2nd goalie who's Khudobin who might very well be good enough to land a #1 spot in the NHL. Svedberg in the AHL who isn't doing too badly....I mean some ammunition to trade to build a stronger depth down the road....Add the fact that Boston has a nice scouting group and that they are well coached...I mean, those are just plain facts. Nothing do with the irrational hate that just throws logic out of the window. We can hate them, we will hate them with a passion. But they are cup contenders till Chara retires or REALLY slows down. We'll see how Hamilton develops. We'll see what they are going to be able to do down the road. Next stop will be till Bergeron slows down or is stopped by unfortunately another concussion. Aside from that, they have everything in place to build this era's dynasty along with Hawks. Again.....unfortunately. So of now, I guess that we are in the Boston fans role. A ton of hatred build on how great their team has become. They used to hate us more than us....chances are role will be reversed. Any sane Bruins fan should move from concentrating in just really hating us and see that they are somewhere else now. A little more respect towards themselves and their team should help them...As far as we're concerned, let's hope we build a team has strong enough to compete with them. As competing with them will not only means beating them but a proof that we are indeed on top of the league.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Oh god it's killing me.
Thank you. It just doesn't exist. The strongest wins. That's life. No matter how and who you destroy in your path. Unfortunate but true. Nobody will be able to convince me, if we beat the Bruins in the 1st round next year, that it was karma for all they have done to us even if Pacioretty scores the winning goal. 'Cause in the end, chances are they would have won 2 ****ing Cups on their way to that 1st round....

Old
06-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
The rule exists for the case that a goalie has legitimately frozen the puck but it gets knocked loose and into the net in the 1-2 seconds that it takes for the ref to blow the whistle.

Maybe they need a hybrid rule where if he's blowing it because he's lost sight then it's up until the whistle, if he's blowing it for freezing the puck, calling a penalty, etc... then it's when he's made his decision.
Well if it is that easy to knock loose, maybe it wasnt well covered in the first place.. 1-2 seconds doesn't seem much but it should take half second for a ref to put the whistle in their mouth.

If in the case of a goalie having full control of the puck and gets slashes on the glove and the puck gets lose or the goalie gets pushed in the net covering the puck, the refs have the power to disallow the goal.

What are video review for? To help the ref make the right decision. If they make a bad decision on the ice, they can revert it after watching the replay. Great. What's important after all is to take a good decision and allow a legitimate good goal or disallow a bad goal.

In this case, the goal is always a good goal, the video review shows an uncovered puck crossing the goal line before the play is called dead.. But they still disallow a good goal.

What is the point of protecting one team by making a bad call and punishing the other team? And does it happen enough to have such rule?

I dunno, looks like we see a lot of these intent to blow rule and it will always be a rule that disallow a legitimate good goal.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Nobody ever said they were ''all luck''. Some said, including myself, that they were getting the lucky bounces. Just like in game 1 the Hawks got the lucky bounces.
Hating has nothing to do with it.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Rosso Scuderia

I hate Boston but I'm afraid they have found their identity. It's like Detroit. Every players that will play for that team will benefit from their identity and simply become a good player. Even Ryder looked great for them in the playoffs.

They are all pushing in the same way and plays like a united team. So far in the playoffs, we cannot say one particular player did not have a good playoffs. I used to think they were a fragile team, that time that Julien almost got canned... but end up winning the cup. Now, looks like every players brought the system and it does wonder for them.

Also, MB needs a lot of work to fix our top 2 center because if one day his goal is to win the cup, he better build a top 2 center as good as Krejci and Bergeron because Plekanec can take Bergeron role.. but we can't expect much from DD in the playoffs.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Add their 2nd goalie who's Khudobin who might very well be good enough to land a #1 spot in the NHL. Svedberg in the AHL who isn't doing too badly....I mean some ammunition to trade to build a stronger depth down the road....Add the fact that Boston has a nice scouting group and that they are well coached...I mean, those are just plain facts. Nothing do with the irrational hate that just throws logic out of the window. We can hate them, we will hate them with a passion. But they are cup contenders till Chara retires or REALLY slows down. We'll see how Hamilton develops. We'll see what they are going to be able to do down the road. Next stop will be till Bergeron slows down or is stopped by unfortunately another concussion. Aside from that, they have everything in place to build this era's dynasty along with Hawks. Again.....unfortunately. So of now, I guess that we are in the Boston fans role. A ton of hatred build on how great their team has become. They used to hate us more than us....chances are role will be reversed. Any sane Bruins fan should move from concentrating in just really hating us and see that they are somewhere else now. A little more respect towards themselves and their team should help them...As far as we're concerned, let's hope we build a team has strong enough to compete with them. As competing with them will not only means beating them but a proof that we are indeed on top of the league.
Pretty much.

We don't have depth in every area. We don't have an identity and we're just building our prospect pool so 1st rounders are expendable for current players.

We have some pieces in place, but the puzzle as a whole isn't close to be finished.

Also, there's Carl Soderberg. Hopefully this draft we bolster our prospect pool and land a free agent that will contribute to this team, but obviously isn't going to be that big free agent. The type of player that in 3 years will be very appreciated.

Closed Thread