HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CAR - EDM (5th for 7th+)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2013, 01:10 PM
  #1
nzoilerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
CAR - EDM (5th for 7th+)

Carolina wants a D. Edmonton would love a shot at Barkov. If he is there at 5, Edmonton would love to move up and Carolina would still be pretty sure to get their guy at 7 given other teams needs/wants.

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Nicushkin (tampa extremely high on him)
4. Droin
5. Barkov (edm)
6. Monohan
7. Nurse (Car)

Tampa's head scout Al murray on Nicushkin:
"That’s maybe the most dominant performance I’ve ever seen at a tournament. He absolutely took over. He was a combination of (Alex) Ovechkin and (Evgeni) Malkin. He was in on the forecheck. He was finishing checks. He was making plays. He scored big goals. He never quit on a shift, and he was just spectacular."

Carolina with the Staals and Skinner has superb depth in the middle, and their number one priority should be a defenceman at this draft, Nurse gives them a great prospect at D.

What would it take?

NSchultz
2014 2nd / Rajala / Musil ?

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:14 PM
  #2
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8
 
Stahl2Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London ON Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Carolina wants a D

Through a trade down, not to draft one

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:18 PM
  #3
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro
 
Metro Misfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
To

5th Overall
Jamie McBain

To

7th Overall
Smid

Then we draft which ever is left of Nichushkin, Monahan, Lindholm

We aren't going to take Nurse

Metro Misfits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:20 PM
  #4
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
To

5th Overall
Jamie McBain

To

7th Overall
Smid

Then we draft which ever is left of Nichushkin, Monahan, Lindholm

We aren't going to take Nurse
Not gonna happen. Smid is worth so much more than 2 spots in the draft.

Valic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:21 PM
  #5
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
Through a trade down, not to draft one
Exactly. The price for Edmonton to move up wouldn't be worth the return. Likely 7th + Petry/Smid for 5th + prospect(quality depending on Car choice of D)

While we get the more valuable player it pushes us at least 1 year further from competing...and then only if Klefbom makes an impact right away.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:35 PM
  #6
Lion
Registered User
 
Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,096
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
To

5th Overall
Jamie McBain

To

7th Overall
Smid

Then we draft which ever is left of Nichushkin, Monahan, Lindholm

We aren't going to take Nurse
The gap in talent between 5th and 7th in talent isn't nearly worth it for the Oilers to move an important piece of their defense.

Jones
MacKinnon
Drouin

Barkov

Lindholm
Monahan
Nichuskin

Are the tiers of talent in the top 7 imo

I think 7th + a 2nd is good enough to move up to 5th. This is a deep draft so the 2nd pick will defiantly land Carolina a good prospect.

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:38 PM
  #7
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8
 
Stahl2Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London ON Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
The gap in talent between 5th and 7th in talent isn't nearly worth it for the Oilers to move an important piece of their defense.

Jones
MacKinnon
Drouin

Barkov

Lindholm
Monahan
Nichuskin

Are the tiers of talent in the top 7 imo

I think 7th + a 2nd is good enough to move up to 5th. This is a deep draft so the 2nd pick will defiantly land Carolina a good prospect.
Every team's fans seem to think that the tier ends right at their pick, weird how that works

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:40 PM
  #8
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
nichushkin is probably in the tier between the top 3 and barkov, his raw attributes are so sick, but russian factor pushes him down

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:41 PM
  #9
shogun99
Registered User
 
shogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Historically teams trading up a few spots usually only add a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I would offer 7th and Anaheims 2nd for 5th and if that was turned down and Barkov was still on the board i'd offer 7th plus Edmontons 2nd.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:50 PM
  #10
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,445
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
Every team's fans seem to think that the tier ends right at their pick, weird how that works
Hes right though. It really does end at 7. Unless you think Nurse fits with that group.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:53 PM
  #11
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
If Carolina wants to stay in the top 7 then they gotta get this idea that they're going to get a top 4 D out of their heads because it's just ridiculous. You ask for top 4 D as consolation for moving down past pick 10, not moving down 2 spots.

If it's 2 spots then it's going to be combination of picks and perhaps a mid-tier prospect if we really want that spot.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
  #12
avsman
Registered User
 
avsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
Every team's fans seem to think that the tier ends right at their pick, weird how that works
Yeah, except for the fact that what he said is actually accurate. And I would probably move Drouin into the tier with Barkov because there is no way he goes 1st.

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:22 PM
  #13
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
Firstly, If Barkov or Drouin are somehow available at #5 this trade won't happen.

Secondly, JR is likely trying to create a bidding war with CGY and EDM, who both want centers.

If the top 4 go Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and then JR let's it known he wants a Center to slot at 3C behind the Staals, Edmonton says to themselves "Well, we want a center and if Carolina takes Monahan or Lindholm, Calgary will take the other one and we won't get a center. We better try to trade up with them." Something like the 7 and the 37 for the 5 or something. Then Edmonton takes whichever center they want at 5, Calgary takes the other one at 6 and we take Nichushkin (who was our guy all along) at 7 and get a 2nd round pick for free.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:25 PM
  #14
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,445
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
Firstly, If Barkov or Drouin are somehow available at #5 this trade won't happen.

Secondly, JR is likely trying to create a bidding war with CGY and EDM, who both want centers.

If the top 4 go Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and then JR let's it known he wants a Center to slot at 3C behind the Staals, Edmonton says to themselves "Well, we want a center and if Carolina takes Monahan or Lindholm, Calgary will take the other one and we won't get a center. We better try to trade up with them." Something like the 7 and the 37 for the 5 or something. Then Edmonton takes whichever center they want at 5, Calgary takes the other one at 6 and we take Nichushkin (who was our guy all along) at 7 and get a 2nd round pick for free.
Then, Calgary being passed over will trade with Tampa who are also high on Nichushkin who then take him at 6

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:30 PM
  #15
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Then, Calgary being passed over will trade with Tampa who are also high on Nichushkin who then take him at 6
And alot of rumblings are the Oilers actually want Nichushkin.

Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Nichukshin - RNH - Eberle.


Valic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:38 PM
  #16
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
And alot of rumblings are the Oilers actually want Nichushkin.

Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Nichukshin - RNH - Eberle.

So... much... speed...

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:42 PM
  #17
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,894
vCash: 50
I would think it would take 7th overall + 37th overall + 2014 4th round pick.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:58 PM
  #18
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Not gonna happen. Smid is worth so much more than 2 spots in the draft.
I wouldn't trade McBain for Smid straight up.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:14 PM
  #19
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Carolina wants a D. Edmonton would love a shot at Barkov. If he is there at 5, Edmonton would love to move up and Carolina would still be pretty sure to get their guy at 7 given other teams needs/wants.

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Nicushkin (tampa extremely high on him)
4. Droin
5. Barkov (edm)
6. Monohan
7. Nurse (Car)

Tampa's head scout Al murray on Nicushkin:
"Thatís maybe the most dominant performance Iíve ever seen at a tournament. He absolutely took over. He was a combination of (Alex) Ovechkin and (Evgeni) Malkin. He was in on the forecheck. He was finishing checks. He was making plays. He scored big goals. He never quit on a shift, and he was just spectacular."

Carolina with the Staals and Skinner has superb depth in the middle, and their number one priority should be a defenceman at this draft, Nurse gives them a great prospect at D.

What would it take?

NSchultz
2014 2nd / Rajala / Musil ?
I really doubt Nashville passes on Barkov for Drouin. Barkov just seems like their guy.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:17 PM
  #20
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I wouldn't trade McBain for Smid straight up.
You'd make a terrible GM.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:23 PM
  #21
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I wouldn't trade McBain for Smid straight up.
This hurts my brain

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:24 PM
  #22
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I wouldn't trade McBain for Smid straight up.
Didn't Canes fans want to trade McBain straight up for Meszaros? Smid is better than Meszaros.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:27 PM
  #23
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,405
vCash: 500
The most id be willing to give is Gernat + 7th.

Heres why:

Oilers are basically guarnteed one of Lindholm, Monahan, Nischuskin @ 7. Lindholm and Monahan fit perfectly into the Oilers needs. Nischuskin is a step above them in potential but doesnt fit the need as much (he has size yes, but a winger and not much defensive value)

If Nischuskin falls to 7 you can bet theres about 5 teams that would be itching to get him and trade up. Oilers could get a 1st and a second (guessing) in a deep draft. They could then take Lazar/Horvat which they are high on.

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:14 PM
  #24
gauthier7890
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I think it has been known that Carolina wants help on help on the back end, whether they look to deal the pick completely or decide to move back to the middle of the round, I think it makes sense for them to address a need and draft a d-man instead of grabbing one of the centers. They should probably trade with Edm

7th overall
for
5th overall, Ahn. 2nd, and maybe a mid pick next year

I cant see it being anymore then that!!

Who know maybe the flamers package some picks and move up to 3 or 4 ..??? 5 Crazier things have happened

gauthier7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:18 PM
  #25
ONO94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If Carolina wants to stay in the top 7 then they gotta get this idea that they're going to get a top 4 D out of their heads because it's just ridiculous. You ask for top 4 D as consolation for moving down past pick 10, not moving down 2 spots.

If it's 2 spots then it's going to be combination of picks and perhaps a mid-tier prospect if we really want that spot.
If the Oilers want the number 5 pick, then they gotta get this idea that they won't give up a top 4 D out of their head, because that's just ridiculous....

Wow, that was easy.

Simple fact, if Edmonton wants the #5 pick, then they pay what the Canes want for the pick or the Canes just pick who they want at #5. History doesn't matter--this is this draft, this pick--it's worth what the GMs involved say its worth. Now I'm not saying the Canes won't trade it for your scenario--but you're nuts if you think JR is only going to ask for what some other team got in the past, especially this far out from the draft. If only history mattered, then Gretzky wouldn't have gotten traded for what he was traded for...if at all.

ONO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.