HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Old
06-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I wonder if he'd still get all of this hate if he was white... I mean, there's no way he'd EVER be able to get away with a tweet like this:

@ErikKarlsson65
I've been told not to tweet when I'm drinking. But everybody knows that even thou your an professional. U drink. Lol

https://twitter.com/ErikKarlsson65/s...62240033775616
The girl look like Galchenyuk sister

But what you say is 100 % true, in Montreal it seems that the player cannot live their life and everything get blown to a soap opera, especially by the medias....

Then again why it always come down to PK vs Karlsson on the Habs board, I mean their both amazing young defensemans and they both will be in competition for the Norris for years to come.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Anyone else was annoyed at how Pierre Houde translated his interview on RDS ? I mean.. PK already has all this bad PR in Montreal and he did all he could to thank the team, while Houde was basically elsewhere.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/simplem...lleur-1.632459

For instance, PK says "feels great to represent the Canadiens here today, growing up as a Habs fan, as well as my father..."

Houde's tranlation - "PK said it's an honor than reflects on his family members and all the Canadien fans".

There were other, like the Duncan Keith anecdote - basically PK is saying that you win this because there is a good team to push you. Houde translates something like "it's good to win the trophy, but it's also good to play with a good team".

I could be paranoid, or overanalyzing. Am I ?
The English (language) of people working at RDS, oh god. Some of them are horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I wonder if he'd still get all of this hate if he was white... I mean, there's no way he'd EVER be able to get away with a tweet like this:

@ErikKarlsson65
I've been told not to tweet when I'm drinking. But everybody knows that even thou your an professional. U drink. Lol

https://twitter.com/ErikKarlsson65/s...62240033775616
He looks so ****ing wasted. I find this funny, nothing wrong. He just needs to be a little bit more careful with Twitter.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:54 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

I wonder where are Markov, Plekanec, Gionta and Gorges to ***** about him now.

People realize THIS is our leaders' group, right?

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:09 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
I wonder where are Markov, Plekanec, Gionta and Gorges to ***** about him now.

People realize THIS is our leaders' group, right?
No one *****ed about him, anything anyone says to the media is blown up in Montreal and mouthbreather sports-radio addicts blow it up even more and then it gets repeated over and over here like a bad case of gonnorreha at a boarding school.

I think that Jacques misused a lot of youngsters but Subban is a god damn Norris winner now, if he doesn't get a lion's share of minutes next season and for the next ten years it'll be a failure of the club. No one will dare speak an ill word about Subban then.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Gally11

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...+draft&page=12

Enjoy reading this.. I did

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
No one *****ed about him, anything anyone says to the media is blown up in Montreal and mouthbreather sports-radio addicts blow it up even more and then it gets repeated over and over here like a bad case of gonnorreha at a boarding school.

I think that Jacques misused a lot of youngsters but Subban is a god damn Norris winner now, if he doesn't get a lion's share of minutes next season and for the next ten years it'll be a failure of the club. No one will dare speak an ill word about Subban then.
"I didn't talk to PK yet... I guess we'll see him at some charity event..."

Straight from the Crying Smurf's mouth. Great, great leadership.
I love how PK always gives credit to his team now, because he knows, and everyone who can read between the line knows, he got very little support from his supposed "teammates" this season. The only guys who kept hanging out with him after his holdout were Armstrong and Prust.

Even yesterday. I understand hockey players aren't always on twitter, but you'd expect more people than Armstrong and Prust would take 2 ****ing seconds of their time to congratulate their teammate on a ****ing Norris trophy win.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:20 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
"I didn't talk to PK yet... I guess we'll see him at some charity event..."

Straight from the Crying Smurf's mouth. Great, great leadership.
I love how PK always gives credit to his team now, because he knows, and everyone who can read between the line knows, he got very little support from his supposed "teammates" this season. The only guys who kept hanging out with him after his holdout were Armstrong and Prust.

Even yesterday. I understand hockey players aren't always on twitter, but you'd expect more people than Armstrong and Prust would take 2 ****ing seconds of their time to congratulate their teammate on a ****ing Norris trophy win.
You may very well be onto something but it's like complaining about two actors on a TV series don't seem to be friends.

Who cares? Lockerroom dynamics are so far removed from what we, as fans, can affect or even observe that you might as well create a family in The Sims and play with them for the drama.

Inferring this garbage from sound-bites and twitter is excessive and juvenile.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
You can see where the hate and questioning of his defensive play stems from. There's a pre-conceived opinion on PK based on his early junior career.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:25 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:

You know he probably got a call/text(who are far more personnal than sending a tweet..) from every player on the Habs, right? Hell, he probably got a call/text from every teammate he had in his career.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:28 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
You may very well be onto something but it's like complaining about two actors on a TV series don't seem to be friends.

Who cares? Lockerroom dynamics are so far removed from what we, as fans, can affect or even observe that you might as well create a family in The Sims and play with them for the drama.

Gionta didn't even mention anything about Subban winning the Norris. He still took two minutes to wish happy father's day on twitter. I don't care, I just find it odd that of all teammates, all those being on twitter, the only ones who keep talking to PK and the only one who congratulated him for the Norris are Armstrong and Prust.

And I also find it delicious that PK shows that much class in his interviews, giving credit to his teammates. The guy is not nearly as stupid as people think he is. There's a reason why he ALWAYS goes overboard with the "team concept" stuff now... even more than any teammate for that matter...

Old
06-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
You can see where the hate and questioning of his defensive play stems from. There's a pre-conceived opinion on PK based on his early junior career.
Yeah, Habs fans on the thread above didn't really like the pick but it's so easy to talk about it when you haven't seen the guy play.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Whitesnake, I am disappointed. Glad you were the wrongest of the wrong

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:39 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Whitesnake, I am disappointed. Glad you were the wrongest of the wrong
Totally hurts his Hall of Fame appointment.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Yeah, Habs fans on the thread above didn't really like the pick but it's so easy to talk about it when you haven't seen the guy play.
That's what I don't like from the draft thread... People come up with so many misconceptions...

Old
06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

PK has more leadership skills then all habs players combined. And PK has common sense not to talk crap to the media about his own teammates. *cough* georges and gionta *cough*

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:43 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
That X-Sharkie scouting report was terrible in hindsight, haha.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well, you can find it excessive and juvenile but social media is very real. Maybe you don't care about it but so many people use it.

It is odd that you see a tweet about Father's day from Gionta, but not about the Norris. Not that I even paid attention to who sent him a twit, I'm not on twitter and would know nothing of it if it wasn't mentioned here.
Maybe he sent him a txt, maybe not, but if you play for Mtl you should know that not making your congratulations public when you're on twitter could start some controversy. It's Montreal, let's not be surprised about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
You know he probably got a call/text(who are far more personnal than sending a tweet..) from every player on the Habs, right? Hell, he probably got a call/text from every teammate he had in his career.
Maybe, maybe not. You would assume so, but I also would have assumed that his teammates would say they're happy to see him back in the lineup last season except nobody said it.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
That's what I don't like from the draft thread... People come up with so many misconceptions...
Indeed. We need to wait a few years before bashing on "X" player. I would like to see the reactions on the thread of 2003 when the Habs picked Kostitsyn. In 2004, when Chipchura became our first-round pick this year.

I don't think HFBoards existed back in 2001? Higgins & Komisarek.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
That's why I laugh when people criticize Timmins despite being the man that drafted the most player that made it to the NHL, because he didn't draft any superstar (other than guys like PK of course). People don't realize how difficult it is to draft.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Indeed. We need to wait a few years before bashing on "X" player. I would like to see the reactions on the thread of 2003 when the Habs picked Kostitsyn. In 2004, when Chipchura became our first-round pick this year.

I don't think HFBoards existed back in 2001? Higgins & Komisarek.
No. It's ok to say you don't like a pick, but back it up and it shouldnt be misconseptions. This year, a lot of us don't like Anthony Mantha but we actually explain why.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:04 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Was he as bad as they made him out to be defensively, even back then? I remember some hardcore Bellville fans saying it wasn't so. How come he did so well in his transition to Hamilton? Certainly Guy Boucher isn't some kind of magician that totally revamped his style of play. Yes, the defensive aspect was developed over time but there had to be something there in the first place for it to grow like it has (in such short time).

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 0
It's funny cause there are a lot of posts like "why didn't they take so and so, and being upset with the Subban pick" and now Subby is a Norris winner and those mentioned players aren't even in the NHL.

Goes to show what a crapshoot the draft can be.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:16 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
It's funny cause there are a lot of posts like "why didn't they take so and so, and being upset with the Subban pick" and now Subby is a Norris winner and those mentioned players aren't even in the NHL.

It is a funny thread. I'm reading players' names without even knowing who the hell they are lollll.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
It is a funny thread. I'm reading players' names without even knowing who the hell they are lollll.
I wish there was one guy that said "Subban will win the Norris and be our best player within 6 years" just so I could see the replies he'd get!

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

That thread is a perfect example why I trust none of you guys

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote