HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobrovsky baptism of fire, give it to him Now!

Old
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Wait let me get this straight. So because some people wanted to send a 22 year old goalie who never played in the NHL, let alone North America, to the AHL, we are all stupid and giving up on a player and now have to eat our words? I don't think a single person on this board said that the kid wasn't good. Only that he could benefit from some time in the A. I guess you could say anyone who said that was wrong, but I wouldn't say that anyone gave up on him. And it still wouldn't have been "wrong" to send him down if Boosh and Leighton were healthy, because that is normally what you do with a young goalie who has never played in NA before. Let him get used to the speed and size of the rink, etc then call him up when he has some experience. Just by circumstances really he made this team. Don't get me wrong, he earned every minute of playing time he has gotten this season, but if Leighton and Boosh were both healthy, I doubt he would have started the season on the team, and it certainly would have had nothing to do with a lack of talent or potential. Lack of experience on the other hand...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
drinking early again Kambo?
I wish. Need to make my coffee more Irish next time.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wait let me get this straight. So because some people wanted to send a 22 year old goalie who never played in the NHL, let alone North America, to the AHL, we are all stupid and giving up on a player and now have to eat our words? I don't think a single person on this board said that the kid wasn't good. Only that he could benefit from some time in the A. I guess you could say anyone who said that was wrong, but I wouldn't say that anyone gave up on him. And it still wouldn't have been "wrong" to send him down if Boosh and Leighton were healthy, because that is normally what you do with a young goalie who has never played in NA before. Let him get used to the speed and size of the rink, etc then call him up when he has some experience. Just by circumstances really he made this team. Don't get me wrong, he earned every minute of playing time he has gotten this season, but if Leighton and Boosh were both healthy, I doubt he would have started the season on the team, and it certainly would have had nothing to do with a lack of talent or potential. Lack of experience on the other hand...
I think I'm pretty content in my judgement in saying that were they both healthy, Bob probably wouldn't have started any games for the Flyers thus far. Maybe, maybe not, but Homer made it clear Leighton and Boosh were his goalies for this year.

Last edited by GKJ: 12-03-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: apparently he is not a leafs fan...?
Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:55 AM
SgtJoseph

I just had to bump this old original BOB thread.........Shameless plug of sorts I suppose, but it is QUITE interesting reading this again, especially after learning BOB won the Vezina ! First tape I saw of the lad playing in Russia it was obvious the lad had MAD skills just waiting to be developed and nurtured .........Congrats BOB ! attaboy !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 06:36 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

We already have a Bob vezina thread.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Garbage Goal

I'm sure it's not coincidence that the topic starter is the one who necro'd this thread. Probably not a shameless pat on the back.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:41 AM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Yes!! 7 saves in a preseason game, plus 3/4 in the shootout! The Vezina is all but his!!!

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:31 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm sure it's not coincidence that the topic starter is the one who necro'd this thread. Probably not a shameless pat on the back.
Respectfully, if you read my last post, I admitted it was a " shameless plug of sorts". Having said that, yes I am proud of BOB winning the Vezina, and am not quite as surprised as many.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Respectfully, if you read my last post, I admitted it was a " shameless plug of sorts". Having said that, yes I am proud of BOB winning the Vezina, and am not quite as surprised as many.
I'm not surprised it happened as he is the most athletically gifted goalie in the league I think, but I am surprised it happened so early in his career and so soon after leaving Philly.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:47 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm not surprised it happened as he is the most athletically gifted goalie in the league I think, but I am surprised it happened so early in his career and so soon after leaving Philly.
I agree, I think his getting out of Philly and going to a club with a little less expectation and more of an underdog type mentality was a great situation for him and his growth.