HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hurricanes open to move 5th overall pick

Old
06-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Reilly straight up for the pick.
Why the heck would we do that?

There is no #1C prospect available at #5.

If we want to trade up...we want Barkov and Barkov is likely gone by #4. Nashville won't move at all.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Rosko Thorn

vCash: 500
edler + 24th overall for McBain + 5th overall.

As for the Edler-Staal incident, they're both pros and they'll work it out.

Rosko Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Time for a big family dinner, Marc Staal to Carolina.
Rangers might as well get something for him and trade him cause you know come 2 years Marc is signing there, regardless of how much money they throw his way.

Hagelin + Stall for 5th and Pitkanen.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:06 PM
nzoilerfan

Carolina wants a D. Edmonton would love a shot at Barkov. If he is there at 5, Edmonton would love to move up and Carolina would still be pretty sure to get their guy at 7 given other teams needs/wants.

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Nicushkin (tampa extremely high on him)
4. Droin
5. Barkov (edm)
6. Monohan
7. Nurse (Car)

With the Staals and Skinner Carolina has superb depth in the middle, and their number one priority should be a defenceman at this draft, Nurse gives them a great prospect at D.

What would it take?

NSchultz
2014 2nd / Rajala / Musil ?

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Carolina wants a D. Edmonton would love a shot at Barkov. If he is there at 5, Edmonton would love to move up and Carolina would still be pretty sure to get their guy at 7 given other teams needs/wants.

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Nicushkin (tampa extremely high on him)
4. Droin
5. Barkov (edm)
6. Monohan
7. Nurse (Car)

With the Staals and Skinner Carolina has superb depth in the middle, and their number one priority should be a defenceman at this draft, Nurse gives them a great prospect at D.

What would it take?

NSchultz
2014 2nd / Rajala / Musil ?
What about:
To:

5th overall
Jamie McBain

To
7th overall
L. Smid

Then we draft Lindholm at 7

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:16 PM
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
What about:
To:

5th overall
Jamie McBain

To
7th overall
L. Smid

Smid is a great defensive defenseman but I think I would do this from an Oilers perspective

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:18 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
I might be crazy but ...

I'd trade Pacioretty for the 5th and draft Nikushkin! Pacs is a perimeter "power forward" and after watching Chicago-Boston, it's making me sick that Pacs won't get 'er done! I'd even throw in our own second round pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btallett View Post
Montreal has 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and Markov maybe they move up ..

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:19 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
knew we wouldn't get through this thread without Staal's name being brought up..
It was brought up only by Rangers fans. I wouldn't move #5 straight up for Marc, considering age, contract, and healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why the heck would we do that?

There is no #1C prospect available at #5.

If we want to trade up...we want Barkov and Barkov is likely gone by #4. Nashville won't move at all.
Lindholm and Monahan both project as #1Cs...

Quote:
What about:
To:

5th overall
Jamie McBain

To
7th overall
L. Smid

That's actually quite decent. Smid fits Carolina's needs perfectly, and then Edmonton ensures they get Monahan, while Carolin picks up whichever of Lindholm and Nichushkin is still available.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:23 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Reilly straight up for the pick.
Why would the Leafs do that?

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
What about:
To:

5th overall
Jamie McBain

To
7th overall
L. Smid

Ew no.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
I'd trade Pacioretty for the 5th and draft Nikushkin! Pacs is a perimeter "power forward" and after watching Chicago-Boston, it's making me sick that Pacs won't get 'er done! I'd even throw in our own second round pick!
You are not sane anymore. Please refrain to post up such idiotic claim. Thank you all habs fans!

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Smid is a great defensive defenseman but I think I would do this from an Oilers perspective
You're joking, right? Just awful. Smid to move up 2 spots? Right.. McBain isn't worth much to Edmonton.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Elum

vCash: 113
I'd do Sekera + 16th for the 5th.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
orby

from PIT:

Kris Letang
Matt Niskanen

from CAR:
2013 5th overall draft pick
Jamie McBain

PIT gets the opportunity to draft Darnell Nurse, the kind of imposing, skilled defenseman they've been pining for since the loss of Scuderi in 09. McBain offers a bit more cap room than Niskanen, short-term, and is not much of a downgrade.

CAR gets an extremely skilled offensive defenseman in Letang who can quarterback a power play, and on a long-term contract at that. Niskanen is also a fundamentally solid, if unspectacular, defenseman who has shown flashes of offensive ability and can play the PK or second power play. Perhaps a slight upgrade over McBain.

orby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:18 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by orby View Post
from PIT:

Kris Letang
Matt Niskanen

from CAR:
Jamie McBain

PIT gets the opportunity to draft Darnell Nurse, the kind of imposing, skilled defenseman they've been pining for since the loss of Scuderi in 09. McBain offers a bit more cap room than Niskanen, short-term, and is not much of a downgrade.

CAR gets an extremely skilled offensive defenseman in Letang who can quarterback a power play, and on a long-term contract at that. Niskanen is also a fundamentally solid, if unspectacular, defenseman who has shown flashes of offensive ability and can play the PK or second power play. Perhaps a slight upgrade over McBain.
Wow all that for Darnell freakin' Nurse, projected to go 8-10th. I commend your generosity.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:20 PM
orby

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Wow all that for Darnell freakin' Nurse, projected to go 8-10th. I commend your generosity.
i've read a few mock drafts that have him going sixth. i was under the impression that he's the best available D at the 6th spot. if he's not they could draft whoever is.

if that's still overpayment for Pittsburgh they could switch out Niskanen with the rights to Tyler Kennedy or something.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:25 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
i've read a few mock drafts that have him going sixth. i was under the impression that he's the best available D at the 6th spot. if he's not they could draft whoever is.

if that's still overpayment for Pittsburgh they could switch out Niskanen with the rights to Tyler Kennedy or something.
If you get 5th you throw Nurse plans into the garbage can and start salivating about Nichuskin/Barkov/Lindholm. I sincerely hope Feaster is as stupid as we all know he is and throws his pick away on Nurse at 6th, because part of us moving up to 5th is to out-maneuver Feaster (Insert fat joke here).

I wouldn't say it's an overpayment by Pittsburgh as much as it's complete overkill to get the 5th for Nurse. Hell I'm sure Edmonton would take a gander if you were offering up Letang.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin

I love how half the proposals on here are for forwards. Not a chance Carolina trades it for a forward. Not with the forward group they have and the defensive group (or lack thereof) that they have.

Likewise, it's unlikely it'll be traded for any kind of offensive-minded defenseman. The Canes have those in spades and more in the pipeline. They need a solid, stay-at-home, crease clearer type.

Marc Staal makes the most sense, if they were going to trade it straight up. If they were going to trade down, it won't be past 7th overall

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:30 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I love how half the proposals on here are for forwards. Not a chance Carolina trades it for a forward. Not with the forward group they have and the defensive group (or lack thereof) that they have.

Likewise, it's unlikely it'll be traded for any kind of offensive-minded defenseman. The Canes have those in spades and more in the pipeline. They need a solid, stay-at-home, crease clearer type.

Marc Staal makes the most sense, if they were going to trade it straight up. If they were going to trade down, it won't be past 7th overall
If Caronlina wants to stay in the top 7, they aren't getting a top 4 D I can tell ya that much.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Deeb55

I think Edler is the best fit as far as value and fitting Carolinas needs goes

Deeb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
from PIT:

Kris Letang
Matt Niskanen

from CAR:
Jamie McBain

No way in hell would the Penguins do that they also have D prospects so why would they move their number 1 dman for a pick to grab another dman .

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If Caronlina wants to stay in the top 7, they aren't getting a top 4 D I can tell ya that much.
If they trade down to 7, it'll be because they want Nich and know that Calgary and Edmonton won't take him.

The options (in terms of likeliness):
1. Keep the #5 pick, draft the leftover player of Drouin, Barkov, or Nich.
2. Trade the pick for a Top 4 defensive defensemen.
3. Trade down to 7, grab a 2nd round pick or prospect in the process.
4. Trade the pick for a Top 4 offensive defensemen.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:42 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
If they trade down to 7, it'll be because they want Nich and know that Calgary and Edmonton won't take him.

The options (in terms of likeliness):
1. Keep the #5 pick, draft the leftover player of Drouin, Barkov, or Nich.
2. Trade the pick for a Top 4 defensive defensemen.
3. Trade down to 7, grab a 2nd round pick or prospect in the process.
4. Trade the pick for a Top 4 offensive defensemen.
Then it's a pipe dream we'd take Nichuskin in a second if he fell to 5th. But Barkov suits us much better and if he's available we'd think long and hard. If it was a deal that we leave Nichuskin to move up to grab Barkov with Carolina then it works out. But you got Calgary to contend with.

If that is what Carolina is looking to do then why even bother moving the pick in the first place. The only reason I can see is if they feel they can have their cake and eat it too. Feaster would crash that party in a second.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:48 PM
orby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
No way in hell would the Penguins do that they also have D prospects so why would they move their number 1 dman for a pick to grab another dman .
they have prospects, yes, but most of them are still another year away from being NHL-ready. McBain is a stopgap that would do a decent job filling a roster spot for a season, so a inexperienced prospect like Harrington or Maatta wouldn't have to get shoved into the lineup the first time there was an injury...especially considering Despres, who may as well still be a rookie, will more than likely be getting top 4 minutes all season.

Odds are the Penguins will not be able to afford Letang in the long-term, and it's not worth choking out other roster players to keep him with a costly extension that would more than likely bite the Pens in the ass come 2014-15

Old
06-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Chan790

Quote:
Odds are the Penguins will not be able to afford Letang in the long-term, and it's not worth choking out other roster players to keep him with a costly extension that would more than likely bite the Pens in the ass come 2014-15
This likely means he has reduced value to Carolina for the same reasons.

Chan790 is offline   Reply With Quote