HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Steckel is 31 years old.
Gordon is 29.
Not a big difference. The difference, is here...

Steckel is 6'05, 217 lbs.
Gordon? 6'01, 200 lbs.
Have you ever seen steckel play? He is the softest big man I've ever seen. Gordon is more physical which isn't saying much

Old
06-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Have you ever seen steckel play? He is the softest big man I've ever seen. Gordon is more physical which isn't saying much
Yes, I've seen him play. Look at the stats on the other page...Would Steckel be able to do worse than Moen?
Talking about these stats, Analyzer, on which website did you find the number of hits?

Old
06-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Yes, I've seen him play. Look at the stats on the other page...Would Steckel be able to do worse than Moen?
Talking about these stats, Analyzer, on which website did you find the number of hits?
Tsn.ca has the hit counts. Nhl.com obviously too

Old
06-16-2013, 03:55 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

changin topics here a bit..i know bickell has been discussed here b4...just wondering what the consensus is on what kind of cap hit bickell will have next year. i took a rough guess at about 3..not sure if that's too much too little....i hadn't really seen alot of him until the playoffs but he looks very good in this postseason and has been producing bigtime.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:01 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
changin topics here a bit..i know bickell has been discussed here b4...just wondering what the consensus is on what kind of cap hit bickell will have next year. i took a rough guess at about 3..not sure if that's too much too little....i hadn't really seen alot of him until the playoffs but he looks very good in this postseason and has been producing bigtime.
hes gonna get close to 3.5-4(closer to 4), his value is around 3m imo

Old
06-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
3-ish seems about right. Maybe we'd have to do 3.25 or 3.5 to win the sweepstakes? It's definitely risky, because to me, Bickell is just not normally the player we've seen in the playoffs. He has usually been a lot more inconsistent and has never put up offense to speak of. I watched him in junior a lot and felt like he had that inconsistency from Day 1 and I'm not really sold on him being able to suddenly change and really be the player he has been in the playoffs. But we're pretty desperate and the pickings are pretty slim. I'd go ahead and offer $10M/3yrs anyway, just on a dice roll. We need the player Bickell has been in the playoffs. It's worth a try.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
4m, nothing less. He looks very good in this postseason...for the first time in his life. Producing bigtime in the NHL for the first time too.
I don't know which GM will be crazy enough to give 4m to Bickell, but if he does get this amount, it's overpaid. Playing with Toews makes your play easier. He's gonna end up with the New York Rangers or some team like that.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
he is simply overated
Who the **** is rating him over here? He had a rough year we all know that but Gorges was a fan favorite until he got a his contract.

Funny how one bad season and now he's too old and beat up... but this happened a ****ing year ago.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1137167

10 blocked shots, 6 hits, 26 minutes of ice time and 1st star of the game. 1 year ago. 1 bad 48 games season and now he's a piece of **** that we should get rid of asap? You guys are pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed my friend , Orpik got 6 six years but I will trake his game over Gorges right now and that A on his shirt means nothing , when you dont play well
It means nothing for you because you don't like him but you gotta earn that ''A'' from your teammates not HFboards member so who cares if doesn't mean anything for you but clearly, it does for his teammates.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Who the **** is rating him over here? He had a rough year we all know that but Gorges was a fan favorite until he got a his contract.

Funny how one bad season and now he's too old and beat up... but this happened a ****ing year ago.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1137167

10 blocked shots, 6 hits, 26 minutes of ice time and 1st star of the game. 1 year ago. 1 bad 48 games season and now he's a piece of **** that we should get rid of asap? You guys are pretty funny.

It means nothing for you because you don't like him but you gotta earn that ''A'' from your teammates not HFboards member so who cares if doesn't mean anything for you but clearly, it does for his teammates.
I don't think Gorges had such a bad season personally. However, with the make up of our D group, I would prefer a bigger version of him.
We need our stay at home Dmen to be bigger, otherwise they need to be strong like a Bouillon style.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Drydenwasthebest

We should target Clayton Stoner from Minnesota. He is the exact kind of defenceman we need. Bickell is an obvious choice, and should come for less than Clowe or Clarkson.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
We should target Clayton Stoner from Minnesota. He is the exact kind of defenceman we need. Bickell is an obvious choice, and should come for less than Clowe or Clarkson.
No thanks.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:53 PM
DAChampion

You all hate Moen, but his failed season was preceded by some good years.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
fistric/gordon/bickell/jones are my top 4(were missing 2 RWers atm), bickell's $$ worrys me tho :/
if we manage to get jones i would trade moen and add white as our 13th forward, if not we just keep moen
Well I don't think we would need to move Moen just yet. We would have to see how the lineup looks with injuries, etc before making a decision Imo. I do like the idea of getting someone who we can rely on to take the pressure of Pleks.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Teufelsdreck

Judging from what I've seen of the SCF, adding a Bickell might help a bit it wouldn't be close enough to bridge the gap between the Habs and the finalists. The only sensible route is to build through the draft and add affordable players via trades and free agency. I'd say the limit should be in the vicinity of what Bergevin paid Prust.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
sampollock

i know why we talk of players that are still in the playoffs, but I bet MB goes off the map and makes a trade we don't even accept.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
What does Nolan give us that we can't get from JF Jacques or PC Labrie who are both UFA's?
Unlike the two you mentioned, Nolan can play hockey.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You all hate Moen, but his failed season was preceded by some good years.
Which could mean he's on his way down?

Old
06-16-2013, 08:07 PM
TT1

we need someone like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V918z...AACDF3F632D995
edit: well to be fair we do have emelin, fistric actually knows how to fight tho

Last edited by TT1: 06-16-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 08:16 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Cut the leader in the lockeroom speech. The guy looked like an idiot in the lockout, and has been through more than enough skirmishes/*****ing sessions with guys like Cammalleri and Subban, who both contributed to more for this team than Gorges can even dream of.

Him having a rough year in a season where this team did so well isn't worrying anybody?
If you threw everyone under the bus after a bad year or ill-timed comment during an emotional lockout like you are doing with Gorges.... you wouldn't have many players left.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:23 PM
TT1

Pacioretty / Plek / Galchenuyk
Bourque / Eller / Gallagher
Bickell-Stalberg-Clowe / Desharnais / Gionta
Prust / Gordon / Jones (or Moen, unfortunately)
White

Gorges / Subban
Markov / Tinordi
Fistric / Bouillon (7th D once Emelin comes back)
Davis Drewiske / Emelin (until hes 100%)

i could make do with this lineup, even if we don't do that plek-stewart trade . pretty ****ing solid
3 well balanced scoring lines and a solid 4th shutdown line that has the ability to produce offensively aswell

Last edited by TT1: 06-16-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
le_sean

Boyd Gordon would be a great addition. 57.3% on faceoffs, RH shot, 29 years old. Led the Coyotes forwards in SH/TOI (2:51 per game, more than any Habs forward).

The only drawback is that he made $1.3 million last season. This means a team would probably have to give him at least $1.5 for him to move, and perhaps that means $1.75 for a move to Montreal. Is it worth it for a 4th line centre? Faceoffs did hurt the team big time.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:44 PM
TT1

big time, i would go up to 2M for him tbh
we have the caproom and gionta + markov's contracts are done next year. plus the salary cap should go up anyways

Old
06-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Boyd Gordon would be a great addition. 57.3% on faceoffs, RH shot, 29 years old. Led the Coyotes forwards in SH/TOI (2:51 per game, more than any Habs forward).

The only drawback is that he made $1.3 million last season. This means a team would probably have to give him at least $1.5 for him to move, and perhaps that means $1.75 for a move to Montreal. Is it worth it for a 4th line centre? Faceoffs did hurt the team big time.
I'd do it....people underestimate faceoffs so badly....ESPECIALLY with a team that isn't physical enough to get possession of the puck AFTER they lost it.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:50 PM
TT1

rank 12 in this year's selke votes

Last edited by TT1: 06-16-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd do it....people underestimate faceoffs so badly....ESPECIALLY with a team that isn't physical enough to get possession of the puck AFTER they lost it.
It would make a costly 4th line and he play a soft brand of hockey. He's a very intelligent and usefull player, but I don't see the fit when looking for the team needs.

Closed Thread