HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injuries

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Injuries

Is Laraque injured or what's going on with Laraque? Is Cross' injury more serious than is being reported in the papers?

Living out here on the west coast, I don't get what the local radio in Edmonton is reporting.

01-06-2004, 09:46 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Is Laraque injured or what's going on with Laraque? Is Cross' injury more serious than is being reported in the papers?

Living out here on the west coast, I don't get what the local radio in Edmonton is reporting.
Laraque was interviewed during the game on Sunday, I believe, and said his hand was fine but he was just being rested. There are a couple of days now before the next game against the Islanders, so we'll see what happens then.

Cross, I believe, is just a day-to-day thing while he tries to work out some back problems (spasms?). I think he even took the pre-game skate on Sunday but didn't play. Jason Smith's been moved to the IR list, but if Cross can play on Thursday (I'd say at least a 50-50 chance) then I'd expect Bergeron to sit out, maybe Ferguson. But Ulanov's play means they won't rush Cross or Smith back too soon, and he can maybe pick up some of the huge minutes that Brewer and Staios are getting. IF he keeps up his strong play against Jersey, of course.

Hope that helps - anyone else have something to add?

Bart

Old
01-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
According to the Oilers website, Cross is out with back spasms and a hip pointer. The paper mentioned the other day that the back spasms are related to the hip pointer.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:04 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Laraque was interviewed during the game on Sunday, I believe, and said his hand was fine but he was just being rested. There are a couple of days now before the next game against the Islanders, so we'll see what happens then.
Hrm, I took from the BG interview that his hand was ok to play if he had to, but he doesn't have to and he can't really fight. Maybe I missed something between his accent and the noise that the stepdaughter always makes when people are talking (never during commercials).

Closed Thread