HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

L.A. - Edmonton

Old
06-16-2013, 09:16 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

vCash: 500
L.A. - Edmonton

To LA:

7th Overall

To EDM:

Jonathan Bernier
Dwight King
Jake Muzzin

LA jumps into the the top 10, while Edmonton makes a push for next season with young players who already have a fair amount of playoff experience. Lots of size and strength gained with King and Muzzin. Bernier splits time with Dubnyk.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

King and Muzzin have little to no value. Bernier isn't worth a top 10 pick.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
This is a steal for the Oilers

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:21 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Care to explain why that would be?

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:22 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Yes yes yes. Deal. Take it and run. Yes.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Care to explain why that would be?
I personally like it because we are getting a goaltender who is good enough to at least split half the season with Dubnyk. I was impressed by Muzzin in the playoffs and he could at least be a good bottom pairing dman for us next season. We also get some size in our bottom six with Dwight King. So essentially MacT addresses 3 of our needs by just giving up a draft pick

Old
06-16-2013, 09:33 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
I personally like it because we are getting a goaltender who is good enough to at least split half the season with Dubnyk. I was impressed by Muzzin in the playoffs and he could at least be a good bottom pairing dman for us next season. We also get some size in our bottom six with Dwight King. So essentially MacT addresses 3 of our needs by just giving up a draft pick
Just giving up a draft pick? It's the 7th overall pick

06-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
You would trade a top 10 pick for a goalie who's never played more than 25 games in a season, a bottom six winger, and a bottom pairing defenseman? You do realize you could probably get Muzzin and King for mid-late round picks/average prospects. Add to that, the fact that Dubnyk was actually quite solid despite his teams lack of help.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I've seen you glad to get lesser returns for the 7th overall in a few threads now. Why? There's no guarantee the pick turns out as good as projected, but the projections for Monahan/Lindholm/Nichushkin are all stellar top 6 players. While I do like most of the players involved and don't think it's horrible, it's still quantity for quality. You take quality every time. And if the pick officially becomes a bust 3 years from now, you do what all good HF posters do - start a thread about how (blank) should have gone at 7, even though he didn't go until the 3rd rd, because he was the sleeper in your mock draft

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:36 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
King and Muzzin have little to no value. Bernier isn't worth a top 10 pick.
I think ur really underestimating muzzin myself he was rookie of the month once as well as one of the best rookie ddefenseman this year. Imo he would proberly be a good 4 an could help on ur first pp unit with shultz not that ur pp needs much help thou

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
You would trade a top 10 pick for a goalie who's never played more than 25 games in a season, a bottom six winger, and a bottom pairing defenseman? You do realize you could probably get Muzzin and King for mid-late round picks/average prospects. Add to that, the fact that Dubnyk was actually quite solid despite his teams lack of help.
I just think it addresses 3 of our needs without giving up anyone on our current roster
If Monahan is there I draft him. If he isn't I try to get players who can help our team out right away

Old
06-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
I just think it addresses 3 of our needs without giving up anyone on our current roster
If Monahan is there I draft him. If he isn't I try to get players who can help our team out right away
Trading mid-late round picks for the exact same players doesn't hurt the roster either.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:01 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:

Who ever is there at 7 will plug a bigger hole then any of these players. I like Bernier but he can be had for far less. I think the oilers have enough bottom pairing defense and a King comparable can be found at free agency. The value isn't there.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:06 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Interesting proposal.

I think this is the type of deal the Oilers are looking to make, but I don't think the value is there for them.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:07 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Done. MacT's 2nd bad decision.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:13 PM
shogun99

Edmonton counters with Voynov, Bernier and Stoll for the 7th overall pick.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:15 PM
topchowda

Whats the report on Muzzin, he was lighting it up for a bit there. Is he a legit prospect, or just hot stretch.

I have interest in Bernier, but I dont know if hed be an upgrade over Dubes, and if he is, it wouldnt be alot.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Whats the report on Muzzin, he was lighting it up for a bit there. Is he a legit prospect, or just hot stretch.

I have interest in Bernier, but I dont know if hed be an upgrade over Dubes, and if he is, it wouldnt be alot.
to me hes legit but he also made alot of rookie mistakes in time he will he a top 4 solid ddman on the pp 1st pairing decent in own end. As far as bernier over dubes personally i totally see it dubes has been given a shot to make it bernier hasnt Bernier is alot clamer in the net never seems rattled at all. I honestly see the first year ending with jb as ur number 1 goalie to much clamness with natural ability. but thats just me.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:28 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
You forgot to add Hall

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Jet Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
In my opinion Voynov will be better than anyone taken at #7 as he is a future stud. And then you throw in Bernier AND Stoll? Draft picks are seriously overrated on this site.

Jet Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Bernier + Stoll + Greene.

I guess Edmonton needs to add something. But I'd take that.

Backup goalie, 3rd line center and 3rd pairing stay at home d-man all taken care off along with a healthy dose of character and humour to the lineup.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:

Fanbase has mixed feelings of Muzzin. I think he just needs to round out his defensive game and he'll be a good defenseman. The guy has a great shot.

Anyway, the 7th pick is nowhere near valuable enough to get three good roster players as described in the proposal above, little too valuable for the trade proposed in the OP. Dwight King is basically a millstone, don't know why anyone would want him.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:41 PM
N o o d l e s

I think LA would need to offer one of their better dmen to get this deal done. I think that would be more valuable to them given their needs than adding to other pieces like King and Muzzin.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:49 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
to me hes legit but he also made alot of rookie mistakes in time he will he a top 4 solid ddman on the pp 1st pairing decent in own end. As far as bernier over dubes personally i totally see it dubes has been given a shot to make it bernier hasnt Bernier is alot clamer in the net never seems rattled at all. I honestly see the first year ending with jb as ur number 1 goalie to much clamness with natural ability. but thats just me.
They would battle it out. But Dubnyk posted a .921 behind a pretty bad defense core. If Bernier can post .920+ behind the same defense hed be a top 10 goalie (only 11 starters had better stats than Dubes this season)

Bernier posted a .922 behind a better defense and in half the games.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
They would battle it out. But Dubnyk posted a .921 behind a pretty bad defense core. If Bernier can post .920+ behind the same defense hed be a top 10 goalie (only 11 starters had better stats than Dubes this season)

Bernier posted a .922 behind a better defense and in half the games.
Im not knocking Dube but like i say hes had a chance to play more and to me when i goalie plays regular he gets better an gains confidence. I think J bernier will be better if he played more but that something you belive or u dont to me its not a far leap of faith . Also when j bernier plays he is coming in sometimes when quick is chased so its a looser team trying to get back even therefore playing less defensive. So to me not always the best of defenses Also Jb played alot of his games with regher there and injuries to mitchell and greene for most of the season not exactly the same top notch defense u think We did after all slip to like 10th in d. I personally think he just needs a chance to play more to see the top number of his game.