Chris Davis should give Cabrera a run for MVP

Old
06-16-2013, 02:54 PM
BergyDGD
Whatever forever.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Over 70 pitches for Lester through 3....
Sounds like a typical Lester start.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Johnnyduke

Aside from lester...

Chris davis...23 homeruns

Old
06-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

I like Lester less by the day he does not take the coaching and he whines as much as Crosby atleast Buch is a true ace, but Lester is not even capable of filling the 1 role.

My theory is a rotation should be
Ace ( Buchhotz)
1 (none)
2 (Lackey)
3 (Lester)
5 (Dempster)

Old
06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
BergyDGD
Whatever forever.

Awesome stuff by Lester today. Another ******* who should've been shipped out with Becket and co.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:45 PM
BCeagle

It doesn't help with Gomes, Middlebrooks, and Drew in the lineup at the same time. 3 holes in the batting order as they're all about .200 hitters, maybe even under .200

Old
06-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
It doesn't help with Gomes, Middlebrooks, and Drew in the lineup at the same time. 3 holes in the batting order as they're all about .200 hitters, maybe even under .200
The only time Gomes should be in the lineup is when a lefty is on the mound. I said this when they signed him, he's a platoon guy who cannot hit right handed pitching at all. Yet there he is with almost half his ABs against righties.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Johnnyduke

0 walks and 8 strikeouts is a step in the right direction but ya, 9 hits ain't gonna cut it

Old
06-16-2013, 09:07 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Awesome stuff by Lester today. Another ******* who should've been shipped out with Becket and co.

He's not a god damn thing like Beckett. Grow up Peter Pan.

He wasn't good again. He's clearly in a rut. Bright side is that he didn't walk anybody today. Of course 9 hits isn't going to cut it most nights though. I still maintain that he will be fine.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:41 PM
BergyDGD
Whatever forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post

He wasn't good again. He's clearly in a rut. Bright side is that he didn't walk anybody today. Of course 9 hits isn't going to cut it most nights though. I still maintain that he will be fine.
You're right he's not like Beckett. He's never been the ace that has put a team on his shoulders to win a World Series. Beckett's done it twice despite being an ass who essentially gave up on the team. Beckett never bounced back from the chicken and beer scandal in September 2011 and Lester hasn't yet either. Even worse much like Beckett it seems like Lester doesn't care.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:55 PM
BCeagle

Quote:
You're right he's not like Beckett. He's never been the ace that has put a team on his shoulders to win a World Series. Beckett's done it twice despite being an ass who essentially gave up on the team. Beckett never bounced back from the chicken and beer scandal in September 2011 and Lester hasn't yet either. Even worse much like Beckett it seems like Lester doesn't care.
One thing he shouldn't do is whine about the calls. Get over it and pitch better and smarter. Curt Schilling should teach him how to pitch and have mental toughness. Maybe he needs a bloody sock to motivate himself.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:01 AM
BergyDGD
Whatever forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
One thing he shouldn't do is whine about the calls. Get over it and pitch better and smarter. Curt Schilling should teach him how to pitch and have mental toughness. Maybe he needs a bloody sock to motivate himself.
The sulking and pouting you get from Lester is maddening. I'd rather watch Lackey's unprofessional tantrums of the past than watch Lester pout and sulk for 5 innings and call it a day. Maybe it was bad timing when Lester came up considering Beckett was the ace of the staff at that time and he was probably a less than ideal mentor for a young pitcher.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
BergyDGD
Whatever forever.

On a lighter note I went to two of the games down in Baltimore, and Camden Yards certainly lived up to the hype. Really enjoyed the city especially the inner harbor area. Ballpark tour was also fun and informative. Ryan Dempster threw a ball to me during batting practice before the 3rd game of the series, yes I know sounds childish. Would recommend that trip to any Sox fan.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:14 AM
CDJ

Quote:
The sulking and pouting you get from Lester is maddening. I'd rather watch Lackey's unprofessional tantrums of the past than watch Lester pout and sulk for 5 innings and call it a day. Maybe it was bad timing when Lester came up considering Beckett was the ace of the staff at that time and he was probably a less than ideal mentor for a young pitcher.
Well, you've already contradicted yourself so its clear your just spewing **** out about Lester because you don't like him. How can one both sulk and pout on the mound and not care at at same time?

Lester has not quit on the team like Beckett did, nor has he demonstrated his lack of ****s at any point during his tenure in Boston save for maybe that Toronto game last year. He is a good #2 starter in the midst of a funk right now. **** happens. People are way to quick to overreact around these parts. It's a 162 game season.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:28 AM
BergyDGD
Whatever forever.

Quote:
Well, you've already contradicted yourself so its clear your just spewing **** out about Lester because you don't like him. How can one both sulk and pout on the mound and not care at at same time?

Lester has not quit on the team like Beckett did, nor has he demonstrated his lack of ****s at any point during his tenure in Boston save for maybe that Toronto game last year. He is a good #2 starter in the midst of a funk right now. **** happens. People are way to quick to overreact around these parts. It's a 162 game season.
He didn't quit like Beckett did? Take a look at his numbers during the September 2011 collapse, 1-3 era of 5.40, Sox went 1-5 in his starts that dreadful month and he was the supposed ace of that staff. He quit, sucked whatever you want to call it. Aside from his brief hot start to the season he's been terrible since Sept 2011. He's 0-4 with a +7 era in his last 6 starts. When things don't go his way he pouts and mails it in, zero compete level when he faces adversity. Simply doesn't sack up when the team needs him. I don't like him but I don't root against him, for the Sox to maintain their level of success he needs to get his head of his ass and quickly and at least pitch like an average 3 starter, forget being a 2 starter for the moment.

edit: cue the "whole team collapsed in 2011" or "Bobby V is why he pitched so putrid in 2012" response.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:11 AM
N o o d l e s

Lester was just as involved with last two year's collapse as anyone, why is he getting a get out of jail free card? Probably because he's been performing well this year up until this recent stretch of suck. He is no less to blame than Beckett for what happened the last two years, except that Beckett is outwardly a ****** bag and Lester isn't. Seguin4TheWin is right, he has been bad for a long time now, not including his stretch to begin the year, which is why he is getting off the hook for last year; he's producing NOW. If he had started the season horribly, or even pitching like he is now, people would be bringing up the whole chicken and beer fiasco and mentioning him as part of the problem, WHICH HE WAS.

Now, I don't mean to directly compare Lester to Beckett as a person, obviously Beckett is a jackass that didn't care at all and I don't think Lester doesn't care, but he is absolutely part of last year's collapse/issues. As is David Ortiz but he gets the ultimate free pass because he is playing like a monster and was hurt most of last year. It's how sports works, if you produce at a high level you will be forgiven for past B.S. for the most part (excluding guys like Beckett because he essentially ran himself out of town).

I like Lester, but it's stupid to pretend he isn't part of past problems and hasn't sucked for a while now.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:43 AM
BCeagle

The only reliable pitcher is Buchholtz and he has problems staying healthy right now. He has the consistency but who else ????

Nobody else right now. Lackey, Dempster, and Lester are up and down. The other spot you have Dubrount, Morales or Aceves.

In the pen, Tazawa and Uehara seem reliable but being overused because everyone else is not reliable.

Bailey has shown you need to smoke a pack of cigarettes to watch him pitch.

In the lineup, you have holes like Drew, Middlebrooks, and Gomes. WMB has potential to break out but when ???? Iglesias is hitting well over .400 and maybe Drew needs to sit since he's hitting about .216

This team can fall very fast and soon. They're lucky everyone else is weak in the division too and when the Yankees get healthy, then what ??? When Baltimore gets more pitching they're going to pass the Sox too.

Unless they make some moves, I see the Sox start falling fast soon as their roster and lack of enough talent will catch up to them. This is not a championship caliber type team and maybe all they care about is keeping salary down and making money after signing all those high priced duds.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:27 AM
EverettMike

The run differentials in the AL East are aggravating me.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:33 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

We need to get a pitcher asap. Cliff Lee please.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

He was like Schilling when he was here, then we was like Beckett

Guy is a follower.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Morris Wanchuk

http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-red-s...ted-in-closer/

That would be a Peter Chiarelli move. Move prospects for a guy you could have just signed when he was here.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:53 PM
acr*

I'm going to the day game tomorrow. When it got rained out the first time back in early April, my reaction was "well, at least I don't have to watch Felix Doubront start"

Now because Buchholz got hurt and all the extra innings games making Moraels pitch and shuffling Aceves back in, in the basically 1-in-7 chance, who do I get to watch start in the game tomorrow? That's right, ****ing Felix Doubront.

Oh well, at least it'll only be 4 innings of him at most.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
I'm going to the day game tomorrow. When it got rained out the first time back in early April, my reaction was "well, at least I don't have to watch Felix Doubront start"

Now because Buchholz got hurt and all the extra innings games making Moraels pitch and shuffling Aceves back in, in the basically 1-in-7 chance, who do I get to watch start in the game tomorrow? That's right, ****ing Felix Doubront.

4 innings that will feel like 8 since he'll end up throwing 130 pitches just to get to that point...

Old
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post

I was super excited to get Sox/Yankees tickets in 2003 when I just got my license, and got to see John Burkett throw is 65mph heat.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:05 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscii View Post
4 innings that will feel like 80 days since he'll end up throwing 130 pitches just to get to that point...
ftfy

Closed Thread