HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Mark Streit to a multi-year deal [4 yrs, $21m; $5.25 AAV] (post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 500
Lauridsen is who you call up when Grossman gets injured.

Old
06-14-2013, 03:20 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i would take my chances with Gus on the bottom pairing then Bruno Gervais. We dont know what Gus can become. We know that Gervais ****ing blows. I would deal Mez regardless if they sign Streit. the guy is made of glass and cannot be trusted to stay healthy.

Timonen/Schenn
Streit/Coburn
Grossman/Gus

As much as I dislike Coburn I think that is a pretty solid defense. Not anything near the top of the league, but miles better then last season.
I completely agree, I was speaking to the second PP unit, rather than the ES pairings in general. I'd much rather have Gus out there than Gervais, or Lauridsen for that matter.

Old
06-14-2013, 03:54 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJesus View Post
i personally would rather Lauridson than Gustavsson, Lauridson brings physicality and grit that Gus does NOT offer
I would agree if you were talking about Bourdon, not Lauridsen. Gus is definitely better than Lauridsen, at least for now. Is Bourdon still injured? It's been a long time since I heard news about him. Nothing wrong about Gus, though.

Old
06-14-2013, 03:58 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Why does anyone like Lauridsen, he's a sheet of glass on the ice. Gustafsson is miles and miles better. Bourdon if he ever makes it back to the ice is also a big plus over Lauri.

Old
06-14-2013, 04:12 PM
FlyerFire

any word on negotiations with Streit?

Old
06-14-2013, 05:15 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
i personally would rather Lauridson than Gustavsson, Lauridson brings physicality and grit that Gus does NOT offer

Lauridsen played well overall in his limited time up this year but he was still taking dumb penalties and getting beat wide a good amount of times. He needs to go back to the minors for a year and take it from there. We already have physical guys on the backend with Schenn, Grossmann, and to an extent Coburn and Timonen. We need some more guys that can skate and that's what Gus can bring.

Old
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFire View Post
any word on negotiations with Streit?
He's made very positive comments about the Flyers but they can't sign him till they buyout at least Briere.

Old
06-14-2013, 05:48 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Gustafsson was playing like a legit #4 last year. Lauridsen looks like he might be able to turn into a useful #6

Old
06-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Garbage Goal

I like it.

Old
06-14-2013, 06:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Lauridsen is who you call up when Grossman gets injured.
I'm hoping for Manning to have a rebound summer.

Old
06-14-2013, 06:52 PM
poneill27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This literally made me LOL.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:47 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
Why does anyone like Lauridsen, he's a sheet of glass on the ice. Gustafsson is miles and miles better. Bourdon if he ever makes it back to the ice is also a big plus over Lauri.
Lauridsen fans are just your usual 'root for the average/underdog/longshot'. I know, I'm one of his fans. He's shown he is coachable, he does what is asked, big, has faults, but has shown he takes criticism and works on it. He's a prototypical raw kid who is just likable. He can really be a descent 7th this year, and in the future probably a nice serviceable 5/6 and while you may scoff and say "so, a 6/7 who cares?" you must remember this is the franchise that brought Lilja in for the those roles. Its the small things in life.

For a fan base that went to death blows over Lasse ****ing Kukkonen, this should not surprise you when we latch on to a player who's absolute max .01% chance peak is a middle of the pack player. In short - He's cool.. thats why! haha. I hope he can land some nice bottom line work this year where he can learn to maximize positioning and body work in the pros.

That said, yeah Gus is the main prospect. No Lauridsen fan ,I think, has the dude penciled in as 1A, top line guy. But Bourdon has definitely lost his spot due to injury. His time with the Phantoms this year has been lackluster- something like 17 games, -5 +/-, and 4 points. He's still rough out there. Lauridsen's NHL stat line is better than that.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:43 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
I'd like a Grossman - L.Schenn pairing so we can put half of the NHL out on LTIR.

Timonen - Gustaffson
Streit - Coburn OR another acquisition.
L. Schenn - Grossmann

Looks stacked. I really want to keep Gustaf with Timonen because I just have a gut feeling about how Gustaf takes advantage of the veteran presence.

We could also go route of doing Timonen - Streit for a superman pairing.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:04 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
you can't pair Schenn with Grossmann

Old
06-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
you can't pair Schenn with Grossmann
Well, you can, but it would be horrendous.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:11 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Lauridsen fans are just your usual 'root for the average/underdog/longshot'. I know, I'm one of his fans. He's shown he is coachable, he does what is asked, big, has faults, but has shown he takes criticism and works on it. He's a prototypical raw kid who is just likable. He can really be a descent 7th this year, and in the future probably a nice serviceable 5/6 and while you may scoff and say "so, a 6/7 who cares?" you must remember this is the franchise that brought Lilja in for the those roles. Its the small things in life.

For a fan base that went to death blows over Lasse ****ing Kukkonen, this should not surprise you when we latch on to a player who's absolute max .01% chance peak is a middle of the pack player. In short - He's cool.. thats why! haha. I hope he can land some nice bottom line work this year where he can learn to maximize positioning and body work in the pros.

That said, yeah Gus is the main prospect. No Lauridsen fan ,I think, has the dude penciled in as 1A, top line guy. But Bourdon has definitely lost his spot due to injury. His time with the Phantoms this year has been lackluster- something like 17 games, -5 +/-, and 4 points. He's still rough out there. Lauridsen's NHL stat line is better than that.
You know what I like about Lauridsen...he works his butt off out there. Every shift, all the time. He is trying, he made a lot of mistakes, and then he would work hard to "fix" his mistake. He got better, every game, in his stint up with the club.

He didn't back down from anybody either. Stood up for teammates multiple times, when necessary.

Is he maybe a 5 tops....probably...but for what he is, I'll take the kind of effort and attitude he brings any day of the week.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:45 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Read, Giroux, B. Schenn, and Couturier will all need raises in 14-15. I'd say 3.1 for Read and Grioux each though Giroux could get more. 1.625 for Couts (he'd be at 3 mil.), and Schenn might get about 1.

edit- That would make it difficult to sign Streit for the type of money he wants, and I don't see why he would stay with the Flyers unless they offer him at least 5.5 as he wouldn't stay with the Isles who actually made the playoffs, though injuries was a decent part of why the team didn't qualify.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 06-16-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old
06-17-2013, 12:36 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Even the way people here loved Bourdon was...strange. He really wasnt even a good 5/6 guy. Not sure what the love fest was with him. Sucks that he got seriously hurt though.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:16 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Lauridsen is a decent call-up guy, I guess. That's about it.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:02 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Even the way people here loved Bourdon was...strange. He really wasnt even a good 5/6 guy. Not sure what the love fest was with him. Sucks that he got seriously hurt though.
Any Flyers prospect is overrated and over-loved on here. Wellwood was being penciled in to the top nine after he had a handful of decent games. Brandon Manning was being penciled in as top 4 after a handful of games and mentioned in trades for legitimate NHLers as though he had a ton of value. Tomas Hyka was inducted into the hall of fame after three pre-season games. And so forth and so on.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:22 AM
3Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
You know what I like about Lauridsen...he works his butt off out there. Every shift, all the time. He is trying, he made a lot of mistakes, and then he would work hard to "fix" his mistake. He got better, every game, in his stint up with the club.

He didn't back down from anybody either. Stood up for teammates multiple times, when necessary.

Is he maybe a 5 tops....probably...but for what he is, I'll take the kind of effort and attitude he brings any day of the week.
Good post.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:34 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Read, Giroux, B. Schenn, and Couturier will all need raises in 14-15. I'd say 3.1 for Read and Grioux each though Giroux could get more. 1.625 for Couts (he'd be at 3 mil.), and Schenn might get about 1.

edit- That would make it difficult to sign Streit for the type of money he wants, and I don't see why he would stay with the Flyers unless they offer him at least 5.5 as he wouldn't stay with the Isles who actually made the playoffs, though injuries was a decent part of why the team didn't qualify.
This is why I think one of the aforementioned players seeking a raise will not be here when the time comes. Couturier would have the biggest return but Read is getting the biggest raise, so I think it will be one of those two. Depending on what the return is, I am ok with either scenario.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:59 AM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Well, you can, but it would be horrendous.
Why would it be horrendous? Not questioning, I just want to learn.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post

B Schenn's actual cap hit should go down if he has another average season. 2 years, $2.75m AAV.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Any Flyers prospect is overrated and over-loved on here. Wellwood was being penciled in to the top nine after he had a handful of decent games. Brandon Manning was being penciled in as top 4 after a handful of games and mentioned in trades for legitimate NHLers as though he had a ton of value. Tomas Hyka was inducted into the hall of fame after three pre-season games. And so forth and so on.
You continuously misread the Hyka situation. The problem with him is that he would have clearly been a fantastic use of a low draft pick, but the Flyers missed on him because Holmgren didn't read the rules. It's not that people expected him to be a sure fire top liner and HOFer, it's that there was clearly a decent guy available to use a lower round pick on, but Homer drafted inferior players instead. It's the kind of idiotic mistake that shouldn't happen, a GM should know the damned rules that govern his job.

You keep throwing this "Everyone thought Hyka was the newest addition to the Roman pantheon of deities" strawman around, when it's really not the source of people's indignation over not drafting him.