HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

T J Oshie or for.......

Old
06-17-2013, 05:54 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
T J Oshie or for.......

Just curious what kind of value/interest that T J Oshie may draw. The Blues biggest need is a play making center or a goal scorer as has been discussed.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
No idea what Winnipeg could offer, but damn I'd love Oshie on the Jets.

I guess we're division rivals now though, so that puts the kibosh on it for the most part.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:08 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

JR has said Oshie is pretty much on the untouchable list. He won't be traded unless it is for a legit overpayment.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:20 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
JR has said Oshie is pretty much on the untouchable list. He won't be traded unless it is for a legit overpayment.
I don't know that I've ever seen anyone on these boards consider a trade that wasn't an overpayment working in their teams favor. With that being said, JR isn't Doug Armstrong and generally doesn't get it right anyway. We have plenty of bodies that can replace Oshie's role (Sobotka being one of them). Just seeing what other posters see as his value.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:26 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I don't know that I've ever seen anyone on these boards consider a trade that wasn't an overpayment working in their teams favor. With that being said, JR isn't Doug Armstrong and generally doesn't get it right anyway. We have plenty of bodies that can replace Oshie's role (Sobotka being one of them). Just seeing what other posters see as his value.
With the amount of the from the writers and announcers that follow the Blues, it likely the Blues are feeding them information. Sobotka can't replace Oshie, Oshie is a 55 point 2-way winger that can play on any line and that is a perfect fit in our system. He is one of the players that lets us dominate possession with his ability to cause turnovers, especially in the neutral zone.

Some people always overrate him and to counter, other people underrate him. We are not going to be moving a perfect fit on the team when there are multiple others that are way worse of a fit.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:49 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
With the amount of the from the writers and announcers that follow the Blues, it likely the Blues are feeding them information. Sobotka can't replace Oshie, Oshie is a 55 point 2-way winger that can play on any line and that is a perfect fit in our system. He is one of the players that lets us dominate possession with his ability to cause turnovers, especially in the neutral zone.

Some people always overrate him and to counter, other people underrate him. We are not going to be moving a perfect fit on the team when there are multiple others that are way worse of a fit.
You don't run a hockey team thru the press... If they are saying that Oshie is virtually untouchable, then I would say the team is trying to up his value to trade him. Put Sobotka with our #1 center and give him Oshie's minutes. I think you will be surprised how well he produces. Oshie has scored 54 points once. I realize he is a fan favorite, but his contract and play also will bring a good return. Regardless of who we move, we have plenty of similar players to Oshie. Oshie may just bring the best return possibly being the playmaking center that we truly need.

Did any of the writers know about the J-Bo move or Leopold? No...pure speculation. JR and Strickland both rarely get anything of great substance right, but they peak your interest.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:57 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

JR and Strickland both talked about Bouwmeester last summer.

Sobotka as #1 center lol, just lots and lots of lol. Remember when he scored 29 points and he was on the top line for a good amount of time with Backes and D'Agostini because everyone was hurt? That's him overachieving. He's a good 3rd/4th line player that can fill in for a short amount of time.

We really don't have many 2-way wingers that we can count on to score and even less that are all that physical. We have Oshie, Steen, and we'll see how Schwartz carries his play over to next season.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:12 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
JR and Strickland both talked about Bouwmeester last summer.

Sobotka as #1 center lol, just lots and lots of lol. Remember when he scored 29 points and he was on the top line for a good amount of time with Backes and D'Agostini because everyone was hurt? That's him overachieving. He's a good 3rd/4th line player that can fill in for a short amount of time.

We really don't have many 2-way wingers that we can count on to score and even less that are all that physical. We have Oshie, Steen, and we'll see how Schwartz carries his play over to next season.
Sobotka playing with Backes our #1 center and Perron would produce far more points than his 29 points. Not saying he is the equivalent of Oshie, but plays similar game as does Steen, Schwartz, and Jaskin. This is all hypothetical anyway just like everyone wanting to trade Stewart, when he was our leading scorer and one of our few bits of fighting ability that we have on our team if duty calls. No Backes and Polak can't handle the big boys.

Everyone talked about acquiring J-Bo last summer. They didn't talk about him during the trade deadline. No one had any idea. Why would you tell the press? We stole J-Bo from Calgary.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Suddenly7

I'll bite.

Anaheim:

Bobby Ryan

for

TJ Oshie
2nd or 3rd Pick.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:28 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
I'll bite.

Anaheim:

Bobby Ryan

for

TJ Oshie
2nd or 3rd Pick.
I would make that deal. I think the value is fair. Of course I'll take Oshie and a 3rd....ha ha.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
SirPaste

Did you just say Sobotka would outproduce Oshie on the top line? Am I reading things correctly?

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:04 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Did you just say Sobotka would outproduce Oshie on the top line? Am I reading things correctly?
I'm saying Sobotka would produce more than what he has skating with Perron and Backes. Not out produce him. He isn't the offensive player that Oshie is.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:05 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
No, but I think he is implying that he'd get 45-55 points, which is also ridiculous.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
....Thomas Vanek?

06-17-2013, 10:11 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
I'm saying Sobotka would produce more than what he has skating with Perron and Backes. Not out produce him. He isn't the offensive player that Oshie is.
He might produce a little bit better but there is no way we want Sobotka in our top 6, he is a great 3/4th liner who can fill in on the top 6 in an emergency basis but not full time.

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
He has good puck control and solid all-round abilities, but he doesn't have a shot that will score a lot and he doesn't have the vision to rack up assists.

Just look what he did down the stretch when he was the 2nd line center.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:15 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
No, but I think he is implying that he'd get 45-55 points, which is also ridiculous.
I think 35-40 points may be realistic (Over a full season, we would've had 32 points this season), which to me isn't acceptable for your first line. Backes was only on a pace for 48 points over an 82 game schedule. Then again, we don't score much anyway. That is why we could trade a Oshie for a 30 goal scorer in Ryan. We need someone who can score.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I think 35-40 points may be realistic (Over a full season, we would've had 32 points this season), which to me isn't acceptable for your first line. Backes was only on a pace for 48 points over an 82 game schedule. Then again, we don't score much anyway. That is why we could trade a Oshie for a 30 goal scorer in Ryan. We need someone who can score.
Then don't say Sobotka can replace Oshie, Steen, or what Schwartz will become.

I agree with getting a scorer because even with a playmaker against LA, they still would've blown all the chances, I'm just saying we'll use Perron or Stewart to get the upgrade. Oshie's value to our system is too important.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Nolan11

Quote:
Just curious what kind of value/interest that T J Oshie may draw. The Blues biggest need is a play making center or a goal scorer as has been discussed.
Pavelski + conditional 2nd (you don't extend Pavs) for Oshie + Rattie/2nd

Gives you a second Backes to play 2C

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
I'll bite.

Anaheim:

Bobby Ryan

for

TJ Oshie
2nd or 3rd Pick.
Done

Falco Lombardi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:42 AM
jpchabby

I've said it before, but jeez I'd love to have that guy on the habs. Great player.

I honestly don't know what we could offer though...

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:05 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Then don't say Sobotka can replace Oshie, Steen, or what Schwartz will become.

I agree with getting a scorer because even with a playmaker against LA, they still would've blown all the chances, I'm just saying we'll use Perron or Stewart to get the upgrade. Oshie's value to our system is too important.
You just got an offer of Oshie and 3rd for Bobby Ryan... bye Oshie. Perron and Stewart both have a better history as goal scorers, which we need. Perron I wouldn't mind seeing go, but I wouldn't trade Stewart. No way. Too valuable. Lead in scoring last year. Sure he is streaky, but he has a better scoring history than either Oshie or Perron. Get him a center with Perron and a package.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:09 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
You just got an offer of Oshie and 3rd for Bobby Ryan... bye Oshie. Perron and Stewart both have a better history as goal scorers, which we need. Perron I wouldn't mind seeing go, but I wouldn't trade Stewart. No way. Too valuable. Lead in scoring last year. Sure he is streaky, but he has a better scoring history than either Oshie or Perron. Get him a center with Perron and a package.
Now you have Perron, Stewart, Tarasenko, and Ryan all who aren't great defensively to put it nicely; Schwartz who we don't know what to expect in his sophomore season, could be good, but he could slump; and Steen as our top 9 wingers. How do you expect to continue to play the same way we have with 4 of those 6 being liabilities defensively at times?

We do need to upgrade the scoring, but not at the expense of the reason why we are able to play the way we do. We don't need to be loaded with 2-way players, but we need more than the usual amount to be successful.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:09 AM
GermanTitov

STL: Oshie, Stewart, Prospect or Pick

PIT: Letang, Sutter

GermanTitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:11 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!