HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Should the Habs sign Perreault ?

Old
10-14-2006, 01:57 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Should the Habs sign Perreault ?

If they need an extra centerman, or someone to play with Kovalev and Samsonov, he might be a good option. At a reasonable (cheap) price, of course.

What do you think ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Biggsy

I'd say yes to that hes a very good faceoff man

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:00 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

He'd be a very interesting option if we weren't so close to the 44m salary cap.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:01 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

He couldn't make the Hamilton roster if he tried.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:03 PM
MonacoBlue

NO! No more one-dimensional players. Even Samsonov can backcheck when he wants to and he has tons of speed to burn.

This team should keep looking for more talent and I never want to see Yanic back on this team. I liked him when he was here, but he's too slow, too old and a very frustrating player to watch

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Artyukhin*

Personally i say no . BUT they did resign Traverse
so who knows

here the question you should ask yourself .

why didnt Nashville resign him ? thats the real question and will answer this question .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:11 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Personally i say no . BUT they did resign Traverse
so who knows

here the question you should ask yourself .

why didnt Nashville resign him ? thats the real question and will answer this question .
They needed the money for Arnott !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Garry Valk

Yes

Without a doubt.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:20 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

if we sign him to the league minimum and we waive Downey... Yeah, why not, Perreault is a better player than Downey there's no doubt about that.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Please stop with the ex habs, and especially not one who's slow and is bow legged..
I bet half the peeps saying yes where the same ones saying AWAY with the BUM when he wore the Habs jersey.....

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
They needed the money for Arnott !
is that why he was benched/scratched in Nashvillle and scratched again in the playoffs?

must have been eh

Old
10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Too slow...If we're going to sign a slow centre, I'd rather have Allison who is much better offensively.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
nah sign Allison by tolding him:

"Hi Jason, you know you are worth absolutly nothing 5 on 5. We'll give you 500k to play exclusively on the PP with Samsonov and Kovalev. Dont ever ask for more or you are out of here!"

"OH, and welcome aboard"

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
nah sign Allison by tolding him:

"Hi Jason, you know you are worth absolutly nothing 5 on 5. We'll give you 500k to play exclusively on the PP with Samsonov and Kovalev. Dont ever ask for more or you are out of here!"

"OH, and welcome aboard"
If it's possible to sign the guy for 500k to play exclusively on the PP, well I'm all for it... And we waive Downey

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
If it's possible to sign the guy for 500k to play exclusively on the PP, well I'm all for it... And we waive Downey

everyone wants to waive downey . his salary is near leauge min and he is a Huge dressing room guy . that means something . he doesnt hurt us on the ice either .

sure lets let bring back all the stiffs who made the room dry and tense . bring back the clic's ....you noticed who left right?
Gainey did what he had to do . He seen it FIRST hand .

were FINALLY getting a good feel in the room FINALLY and that's a big part of success on the ice .

Old
10-14-2006, 02:31 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
everyone wants to waive downey . his salary is near leauge min and he is a Huge dressing room guy . that means something . he doesnt hurt us on the ice either .

sure lets let bring back all the stiffs who made the room dry and tense . bring back the clic's ....you noticed who left right?
Gainey did what he had to do . He seen it FIRST hand .

were FINALLY getting a good feel in the room FINALLY and that's a big part of success on the ice .
Yep, agree.

Downey > Perreault

Old
10-14-2006, 02:32 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:

sure lets let bring back all the stiffs who made the room dry and tense . bring bacl the clic's ....

Pierre McGuire said on team990 that the Habs dressing room is one of the closest knit in the league and has a very accepting, friendly atmosphere. He said everyone is very close and everyone likes each other. It's a huge difference from how it used to be...PJ Stock has talked before about how clique-y it was and how tense it used to be...The famous story of Saku's party comes to mind.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:34 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

He'd be the shooter that Kovy and samso needs but it won't happen. Has much has it has it's good side to it, there is also has much negative things aswell.

The good things:

He wins lots of faceoff. Key point to it is Kovy and samso would be in control of the puck right away instead of chasing the puck after losing the faceoff. Plek has not win most of the face off and I think it's one of the reason the line has not been has good has the Koivu one, that won most of the faceoff.

Good sniper. when he is nicely feeded he will put the puck in the net.

He is not a puck carrier, Nor a playmaker on puck controler maniac. Very good, Kovy and Samso are just that and they don't need another one.

That would let us have Plek back on the 3rd, Bonk on the 4th. I would not see this has a set back or a failure in Plek case at all. It would IMO just be a better fit for him to be the playmaker and great player he is on the 3rd. Gives Lats someone to work with on the 4th.

What point I really want to make is that IMO we would not weaken the 2nd line at all because there would not be much of a difference. At best Perreault could score a bunch of goals from Kovy and Samso. at worst, we would see what were seeing right now. When we traded Ribs, we did not weaken nor upgraded the 2nd line much but IMO we weaken our 3rd and 4th line dramasticly and could maybe in the end hurt us alot.

Perreault would sign for around 500K and with Bouillon salary coming of a little of the cap because of his injury, we would not have any trouble.

The bad:

Well you guys know all of it.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:46 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Lets bring back Richer while we're at it...

Old
10-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
He'd be the shooter that Kovy and samso needs but it won't happen. Has much has it has it's good side to it, there is also has much negative things aswell.

The good things:

He wins lots of faceoff. Key point to it is Kovy and samso would be in control of the puck right away instead of chasing the puck after losing the faceoff. Plek has not win most of the face off and I think it's one of the reason the line has not been has good has the Koivu one, that won most of the faceoff.

Good sniper. when he is nicely feeded he will put the puck in the net.

He is not a puck carrier, Nor a playmaker on puck controler maniac. Very good, Kovy and Samso are just that and they don't need another one.

That would let us have Plek back on the 3rd, Bonk on the 4th. I would not see this has a set back or a failure in Plek case at all. It would IMO just be a better fit for him to be the playmaker and great player he is on the 3rd. Gives Lats someone to work with on the 4th.

What point I really want to make is that IMO we would not weaken the 2nd line at all because there would not be much of a difference. At best Perreault could score a bunch of goals from Kovy and Samso. at worst, we would see what were seeing right now. When we traded Ribs, we did not weaken nor upgraded the 2nd line much but IMO we weaken our 3rd and 4th line dramasticly and could maybe in the end hurt us alot.

Perreault would sign for around 500K and with Bouillon salary coming of a little of the cap because of his injury, we would not have any trouble.

The bad:

Well you guys know all of it.
Please don't take this wrong , but that is one FUNNY word

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Kirk Muller

Perreault, Samsonov, Kovalev = one of the worst defensive lines ever.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 02:59 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Perreault, Samsonov, Kovalev = one of the worst defensive lines ever.
agree

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 03:00 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
When we traded Ribs, we did not weaken nor upgraded the 2nd line much but IMO we weaken our 3rd and 4th line dramasticly and could maybe in the end hurt us alot.

I disagree wholeheartedly and I don't think the first 3 games prove your right either. What do you mean by in the end? If injuries occur?

In the case of an injury to one of our center I don't think the situation has changed much. we'd still be in deep doo-doo and Ribeiro has never helped us get out of those before.

Old
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
agree
It's true of every line that Perreault is on but Kovalev and Samsonov are actually pretty reliable defensively.

Old
10-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Ross MacLochness

Yanic Perreault is satan.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote