HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 07:36 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Being an Olympic year the KHL season will be stretched out and really I don't see any realistic chance of Kuznetsov being freed up before the end of March.. meaning with less than 2 weeks in the NHL season remaining, I doubt he makes his debut under those kinds of circumstances...and depending on how Russia does at the Olympics, if they fail to at least get a medal, then the World Championships could be more important to him than finishing out the year with the Caps. At least that's my prediction of how things will play out.
Nope. The Worlds really limit the scheduling. Playoffs must end by April 20th or so.

UPD: KHL season will end March 3rd. Traktor may very well lose in the first round so think around March 20th....

Old
06-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Nope. The Worlds really limit the scheduling. Playoffs must end by April 20th or so.

UPD: KHL season will end March 3rd. Traktor may very well lose in the first round so think around March 20th....
And the NHL season ends April 3/4... which to my original point leaves less than 2 weeks in the NHL season even if Kuznetzov makes a 1st rd. exit from the POs. I'll stick to my guns, the Kuznetsov decision, Caps or WHC will depend very much on the outcome of the Sochi games.

April 30th is the latest the KHL playoffs can finish.

Last edited by Mr Writer: 06-17-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old
06-17-2013, 08:27 AM
MiSe

With their mass exodus in Traktor recently there's a chance they don't even make the playoffs.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:37 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSe View Post
With their mass exodus in Traktor recently there's a chance they don't even make the playoffs.
This is not gonna happen IMO. 6 teams don't make the playoffs. On the East, there are Metallurg Novokuznetsk and Admiral who will not make it no matter what, Avtomobilist and Amur whose chances are very slim and then Yugra, Barys, Sibir, Torpedo, Neftekhimik and potentially Traktor as fringe playoff teams. 4 of them will make it, I'd bet on Traktor to headline this group. Yes, they may be weaker than top-4 (Avangard, Metallurg Mg, Salavat Yulaev, Ak Bars), but I'd take Traktor over every any "fringe" team.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Joining the Caps early helps him burn a year off of his ELC quickly. I see him doing it for that reason alone, unless he doesn't make the Olympic team and wants redemption at the WHC.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:21 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Joining the Caps early helps him burn a year off of his ELC quickly. I see him doing it for that reason alone, unless he doesn't make the Olympic team and wants redemption at the WHC.
IINM he'd be signing a 3 year ELC if it's '13-'14, or a 2 year ELC if it's '14-'15. So there's a bit of extra bonus money probably, and I guess it affects his RFA clock and such, but I don't think it actually helps him burn a year.

Old
06-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Gorgeous George

Is Kuznetsov coming over to the Capitals a certainty?

..Or is there still the possibility that he accepts another KHL offer and decides to stay home?

Old
06-24-2013, 08:35 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeous George View Post
Is Kuznetsov coming over to the Capitals a certainty?

..Or is there still the possibility that he accepts another KHL offer and decides to stay home?
He said no money will keep him in KHL.

Unless you are like some people on this board who think he is a liar... Seems pretty certain.

Old
06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Gorgeous George

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
He said no money will keep him in KHL.

Unless you are like some people on this board who think he is a liar... Seems pretty certain.
Do not know anything about his character.

But I guess until he signs pen to paper, and steps onto the ice, then nothing is for certain.

Old
06-25-2013, 05:19 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Do not know anything about his character.

But I guess until he signs pen to paper, and steps onto the ice, then nothing is for certain.
Why did you ask a question in the first place then? You asked, got response, and said that it's not enough yet he can't do anything more but promise at this point due to the KHL/NHL agreement.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:10 AM
fsnoles98

Is he here yet? No, so at this time he is not part of the team or its chemistry. Let me know when he finally arrives and then I will count him as part of the team. Other then that, why discuss, he is not here?

Old
06-25-2013, 10:42 AM
PSUCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Is he here yet? No, so at this time he is not part of the team or its chemistry. Let me know when he finally arrives and then I will count him as part of the team. Other then that, why discuss, he is not here?
Because the thread is titled Player Discussion: Evgeny Kuznetsov.

He is the best prospect in the organization and I'm excited about him coming over and contributing.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:19 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Why did you ask a question in the first place then? You asked, got response, and said that it's not enough yet he can't do anything more but promise at this point due to the KHL/NHL agreement.
Why so defensive?? Eeesh....player crush or what?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Why so defensive?? Eeesh....player crush or what?
Eh, I was thinking the same thing though. Why ask if you already know how you're going to respond to the answer?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Eh, I was thinking the same thing though. Why ask if you already know how you're going to respond to the answer?
Sometimes the asking is the fun part.....

Old
06-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Gorgeous George

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I asked the question in order to find out if there was any concrete information that provides certainty that Kuznetsov was coming over.

Very appreciative of the response. Just disappointed that there is nothing substantial to report as of yet.

My fear is that at the end of next season, Kuznetsov becomes the next young player targeted by the KHL for a long-term contract.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
My fear is that at the end of next season, Kuznetsov becomes the next young player targeted by the KHL for a long-term contract.
I'm not aware of young players getting LONG term high salary contracts in the KHL.

Anyway at this point Kuznetsov should have done the conclusion about his future in the KHL. He will gamble to prove himself in the NHL. That's my read.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:00 AM
fsnoles98

IS HE HERE YET! NO.
He might come after Sochi, he might not. Holy **** this is getting old.
Somewhere inside I hope he doesn't come over just to shut some of you people up. Talk of him when he gets here not of the future that could be or MAYBE NOT.

If your a psychic, do something special with it besides predicting Kuz future.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
IS HE HERE YET! NO.
He might come after Sochi, he might not. Holy **** this is getting old.
Somewhere inside I hope he doesn't come over just to shut some of you people up. Talk of him when he gets here not of the future that could be or MAYBE NOT.

If your a psychic, do something special with it besides predicting Kuz future.
You expect posters on the Caps board at Hockey's Future to not discuss the only real potential bright spot for the immediate future of the organization? That's a weird stance.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Langway
Intangibles

‏@IgorEronko: #Traktor GM: ‘Kuznetsov will move to NHL as soon as season is finished’. KHL playoffs start in March, so he could help #Caps in SC playoffs

Old
06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
‏@IgorEronko: #Traktor GM: ‘Kuznetsov will move to NHL as soon as season is finished’. KHL playoffs start in March, so he could help #Caps in SC playoffs
is he here yet? no. ok...its off season. he wouldn't be here anyway. god forbid this player show up and not be a bust.

for those holding the negative opinion he wont be here til he is on the ice for a regular season game. then he wont be a bust til he is an allstar and wont be worthwhile til he proves to be the catalyst to an ecf. otherwise its just more of the same.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:14 AM
drewwegand

I don't see why everyone is so negative on Kuzya? He said he would come after Sochi. Everything we've seen points to this. He isn't here yet....but if we were to trade him for a slum player or pick people would cry like babies.

Old
06-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewwegand View Post
I don't see why everyone is so negative on Kuzya? He said he would come after Sochi. Everything we've seen points to this. He isn't here yet....but if we were to trade him for a slum player or pick people would cry like babies.
Before they shipped him off to Calgary, I heard the Avs were offering David Jones + Greg Zanon for Kuz + 3rd.

Last edited by Stewie G: 06-28-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old
06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
newfr4u

per CBA, Kuzya cannot play in the NHL if he has played any games in another foreign league during the next NHL season. actually, he can, but he is subject to reentry waivers. He can join the AHL similar to what Orlov did two years ago.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:40 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfr4u View Post
per CBA, Kuzya cannot play in the NHL if he has played any games in another foreign league during the next NHL season. actually, he can, but he is subject to reentry waivers. He can join the AHL similar to what Orlov did two years ago.
That was changed. Players who are on their teams' reserve lists at the appropriate time can sign and play, and Kuz will be on the Caps'. It's the reason O'Reilly was able to play for the Avs this year (and the reason he would have had to pass through waivers had the Avs not matched CGY's offer sheet; he was on COL's reserve list, not CGY's).

Closed Thread