HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Tampa Bay

Old
06-16-2013, 10:53 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheBackcheck View Post
Exceeded it? When? The 108 point season? He broke 80 points twice in his career. For a number one overall pick, that's hardly living up to expectations. Richards is the most impressive player from the 98 draft. His Conn Smythe from 2004 while playing on the same team as Lecavalier kind of backs up that point. He was hardly the next 66. Now were those comparisons absurd from day one? Yes. However, it was never a stretch to say he and Thorton were comparable players and its not even debatable which one of them has had the better individual career. Each had their best ever season the same season and Torton still finished ahead of him. Lecavalier was very good for a short period, but to say he exceed expectations? I can't see that at all.
Tavares, Patrick Kane, Rick Nash and Owen Nolan haven't broken more than 80 points twice. Are they not living up to their #1 draft pick status? Patrick Stefan was drafted #1 the year after and was a complete bust.

Also Richards who has played 93 playoff games and has 78 points, Vinny who in 63 Play off games has 52 points...Those totals are the exact same.

Honestly get rid of your rose coloured glasses, #1 picks doesn't guarantee 80+ points. Vinny brings leadership to a team and stability if he isn't injured (Thanks Matt...).

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Prepare to be freaked on by other Leafs fans for daring to include Reilly in a package. I think this deal would be pretty solid for Toronto overall, but see no reason why the Bolts would make the deal. The 3rd pick is likely too valuable for them, and there is no guarantee they can re-sign Bozak. If Bozak walked, you're talking about trading Drouin and Lecavalier for Reilly and a 2nd. Not enough to get it done (probably even with Bozak signing).
Logic...GET OUT OF HERE!

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Rschmitz

Pass from the Lightning

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:06 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Huge no from the Leafs. Lightning will live and die by Lecavalier's contract.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesseltoLupul View Post
Morgan Rielly
Rights to Tyler Bozak
2nd Round Pick
For
3rd Overall Pick
Vincent Lecavalier

van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Kessel
Drouin - Lecavalier - Lupul
Kulemin - Grabovski - Clarkson
McLaren - McClement - Orr

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Franson
Fraser - XXX

Reimer
Scrivens
Did'nt we already go over this before? In what world would LeCavalier ever accept a trade to Toronto. He pretty much already said before that he would only accept a trade to Montreal to finish his career, And dont think for a minute that he would ever accept a trade to another team for a Buyout. It just wont happen.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Logic...GET OUT OF HERE!
I think my point is being made by all the Leafs fans saying "Big No!!!!"

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Pontius Palat
Blame Gudas Iscariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Lets be real about this, Lecavalier is still a good player. However, his trade value is getting to the point where his trade value is essentially a late pick.
That's true for your team, but not for ours. All these proposals are terrible 'cause Vinny's value is higher to the Lightning than it'd be to any other team. No trade will make any sense.

Pontius Palat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

The Lightning hang up right away.

I think anyone that has seen Rielly and Drouin play would take Drouin by a decent sized. He just has more potential and will be a great player in the NHL. He'll be the perfect winger for Stamkos. Rielly will be good. Drouin will be great.

I'm sure the Lightning would love to get rid of Lecavalier's contract. But not at the expense of the third overall pick. Bozak's rights are probably worth a conditional seventh round pick in 2015. He's a very meh player and rights for players aren't generally worth anything. The second round pick isn't really doing anything to tip the scale in Tampa's favour.

I can see why Leaf fans are saying no. They're attached to Rielly and want to see him develop under them. But if this trade went down, they would be loving it. Easily.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:16 AM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

No thanks. Rielly is going to be a gamebreaking stud. Plus, we would take Barkov ahead of Drouin.

SnipeCheeseAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:20 AM
bert

Mind = Blown that leaf fans don't love this. Tampa would never ever do it.

Drouin is going to be a star, 'Rights to Bozak' whats that worth a 5th rounder haha this is terrible for tampa.

'Lecavalier never lived up to his hype'

He has done more then any leaf has since the league expanded from 6 teams. He is still very good not worth his contract but atleast your team gets a real first line center.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:23 AM
kihei

vCash: 1000
This trade absolutely makes no sense to me. Huge no from Toronto. Rielly could be a big part of our future, and I don't want to see him going anywhere, nor do I want that contract.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post

I think anyone that has seen Rielly and Drouin play would take Drouin by a decent sized. He just has more potential and will be a great player in the NHL. He'll be the perfect winger for Stamkos. Rielly will be good. Drouin will be great.

I'm sure the Lightning would love to get rid of Lecavalier's contract. But not at the expense of the third overall pick. Bozak's rights are probably worth a conditional seventh round pick in 2015. He's a very meh player and rights for players aren't generally worth anything. The second round pick isn't really doing anything to tip the scale in Tampa's favour.

I can see why Leaf fans are saying no. They're attached to Rielly and want to see him develop under them. But if this trade went down, they would be loving it. Easily.
Bold 1: Better than Kessel?

Bold 2: I think we're satisfied with our winger depth atm. Defense is the problem. But keep on assuming if you want.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:17 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Both teams say no.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:17 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Prepare to be freaked on by other Leafs fans for daring to include Reilly in a package. I think this deal would be pretty solid for Toronto overall, but see no reason why the Bolts would make the deal. The 3rd pick is likely too valuable for them, and there is no guarantee they can re-sign Bozak. If Bozak walked, you're talking about trading Drouin and Lecavalier for Reilly and a 2nd. Not enough to get it done (probably even with Bozak signing).
Would you make this trade? ...it's not that different than the original. heck, even change it to Dougie Hamilton, and would you make the trade?

Tyler Seguin
2nd Round Pick
For
3rd Overall Pick
Vincent Lecavalier

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:20 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post

issue is the trade is not only for Reilly and the 3rd... offer that, end see if any Leafs fans are dumb enough to turn it down.

Reilly
for
3rd overall pick

Old
06-17-2013, 09:16 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Not a chance Tampa does that.
Don't worry, Toronto is even less likely to do this.

By 3 we can be certain that Mack is off the board so Toronto would essentially be trading our elite defensive prospect for another winger, which we have a ton of. And for this privilege we are supposed to also have to buyout Lecavalier so Tampa can resign him for a sweetheart deal?

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:21 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Mind = Blown that leaf fans don't love this. Tampa would never ever do it.

Drouin is going to be a star, 'Rights to Bozak' whats that worth a 5th rounder haha this is terrible for tampa.
Good job, conveniently leave out the part about us including Rielly, the absolute top ranked D prospect outside of the NHL currently (and perhaps even the best prospect at any position outside of the league)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
'Lecavalier never lived up to his hype'

He has done more then any leaf has since the league expanded from 6 teams. He is still very good not worth his contract but atleast your team gets a real first line center.
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Mats Sundin
Daryl Sitler

On and on and on. You have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop posting here

Old
06-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
issue is the trade is not only for Reilly and the 3rd... offer that, end see if any Leafs fans are dumb enough to turn it down.

Reilly
for
3rd overall pick
Leafs would never do this, why would they? Let's say Drouin is the guy left at 3. Why on earth would the Leafs give up a guy whom they were lucky to get at 5 the year before whom has game breaking offensive ability and speed from the D?

The Leafs have Kessel whom is a ppg winger and I'd say they are pretty happy with him so why get another version of him in Drouin? Sure he may end up being better than Kessel and become a 100pt guy in his mid 20's, but the Leafs have absolutely no need for wingers right now.

They would rather keep the elite D man prospect whom they are very happy with. This is not taking anything away from Drouin though, he's going to be a great player.

Now if MacKinnon was available, then I think the Leaf management would seriously consider it.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:46 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Good job, conveniently leave out the part about us including Rielly, the absolute top ranked D prospect outside of the NHL currently (and perhaps even the best prospect at any position outside of the league)

Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Mats Sundin
Daryl Sitler

On and on and on. You have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop posting here
Rielly's a great prospect, but IMO he's below a few guys at this point. Murray, Trouba defensively; Kuznetsov, Strome overall. He's probably on par with guys like Reinhart and maybe even Scheifele right now. In a couple of weeks, he'll probably drop to around the #10 spot after Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and perhaps even Nichushkin join the ranks.

He's a great prospect, but I don't think you can call him "the absolute best D-prospect outside of the NHL".

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesseltoLupul View Post
Morgan Rielly
Rights to Tyler Bozak
2nd Round Pick
For
3rd Overall Pick
Vincent Lecavalier

van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Kessel
Drouin - Lecavalier - Lupul
Kulemin - Grabovski - Clarkson
McLaren - McClement - Orr

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Franson
Fraser - XXX

Reimer
Scrivens
Fotr the love of god, please stop. Defies any logic; Reilly alone for the pick is fair value alone.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:07 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
Leafs would never do this, why would they? Let's say Drouin is the guy left at 3. Why on earth would the Leafs give up a guy whom they were lucky to get at 5 the year before whom has game breaking offensive ability and speed from the D?

The Leafs have Kessel whom is a ppg winger and I'd say they are pretty happy with him so why get another version of him in Drouin? Sure he may end up being better than Kessel and become a 100pt guy in his mid 20's, but the Leafs have absolutely no need for wingers right now.

They would rather keep the elite D man prospect whom they are very happy with. This is not taking anything away from Drouin though, he's going to be a great player.

Now if MacKinnon was available, then I think the Leaf management would seriously consider it.
3rd pick has more value than Reilly.
Mackinnon may be there, and/or Jones may be there at 3.
Drouin is a special talent, and better than last years #1 Yakupov
option to trade down to 4/5, and pick up another asset is there, but, I would be unlikely to do that.

Getting the best player period is why you make the trade, and then perhaps all the Gardner trade proposals can stop.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post

Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Mats Sundin
Daryl Sitler

Top ranked D prospect outside of the NHL? No, not really.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Rielly's a great prospect, but IMO he's below a few guys at this point. Murray, Trouba defensively; Kuznetsov, Strome overall. He's probably on par with guys like Reinhart and maybe even Scheifele right now. In a couple of weeks, he'll probably drop to around the #10 spot after Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and perhaps even Nichushkin join the ranks.

He's a great prospect, but I don't think you can call him "the absolute best D-prospect outside of the NHL".
Murray missed an entire season with a bum shoulder, his stock has to be a bit down for that reason.

Kuznetsov is a couple years older now and still hasn't shown much interest in crossing the pond to play here.

I can give consideration to Strome, I think he will be quite good.

As for Reinhart? I think Rielly has been significantly better in minor so far.

Jacob Trouba? Guy played college this past season and Rielly still outplayed him in the WHL. I haven't seen a single thing pre-draft, and especially post-draft that would have Trouba rated above Rielly for any category outside of being physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
Top ranked D prospect outside of the NHL? No, not really.
Please tell me all the names on the list you have higher, I can't wait to hear this one...

Old
06-17-2013, 02:37 PM
junyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Drouin is a winger, which the leafs have plenty of.
Asinine comment. I'm pretty sure no Penguin scout says "don't draft Crosby, we have plenty of centers" if they had 4 solid players at the position.

Drouin will be better than any winger you have.

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
Asinine comment. I'm pretty sure no Penguin scout says "don't draft Crosby, we have plenty of centers" if they had 4 solid players at the position.

Drouin will be better than any winger you have.
Considering that our current best winger finished 6th in scoring last year and 7th in scoring this year, Drouin has a pretty narrow window to hit. Are you predicting him to lead the league in scoring at some point?