HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 03:56 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Are people really that ******** about Holloway? He felt that he wasn't treated well when the Kings left him in Manchester and wanted to ensure that he could make some money. He had great years in Sweden arguably playing against better competition than in the AHL. If he's ready to come back and Lombardi is willing to listen, this guy could seriously help us on the second or third line.

I'm baffled that anyone wouldn't want someone on this team that would help the team excel.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Holloway - Richards - Carter
Lewis - Stoll - Toffoli

That's a killer top nine.
That is pretty sexy.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:16 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I don't think either side deserves much criticism in this case.

The Kings rightfully wanted Holloway to compete and earn a spot. Holloway felt that he had paid his dues. He and his wife had just started a family and he had an opportunity to make some serious money in the SEL. Nothing wrong with that.

It would seem that he could definitely fill a need at LW for the Kings and possibly allow Toffoli to be slotted in his natural RW position. Looking at Toffoli as an eventual replacement for Justin Williams down the line.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think either side deserves much criticism in this case.

The Kings rightfully wanted Holloway to compete and earn a spot. Holloway felt that he had paid his dues. He and his wife had just started a family and he had an opportunity to make some serious money in the SEL. Nothing wrong with that.

It would seem that he could definitely fill a need at LW for the Kings and possibly allow Toffoli to be slotted in his natural RW position. Looking at Toffoli as an eventual replacement for Justin Williams down the line.
I agree, completely. It's not like Bud played 1 year in Manchester and bolted. He played a half yr in Manchester, was sent to the Ontario Reign for the remainder of that year and then played 2 more years in Manchester.

Since the Kings have officially offered him a contract, (per Hextall)
that shows that whatever transpired from the moment Bud left, until now, could not have been as grievous as the haters believe.
If it was grievous, no way the Kings offer him a contract.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Someone agrees with my top 9?! Holy ****.

And yeah...that's an awesome group.
Change Lewis with Read and it looks even better.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Stoll would be licking his chops to play with Read and Toffoli.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Winger23

Man can he sign already???! I could never be a GM. This imo is the most important signing with the cap situation. Voynov isn't going anywhere, and we will be set up front when bud signs.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:24 PM
bmr

I agree, this signing is very important. A lot of teams are going to be in trouble next year to stay under the cap. We have a good chance to go far if we can get Holloway/Read in there. Some of you make good points about signing Read long-term and not giving away everything for Bernier, but I would probably trade Stoll and slot in Vey as the third center.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
I agree, this signing is very important. A lot of teams are going to be in trouble next year to stay under the cap. We have a good chance to go far if we can get Holloway/Read in there. Some of you make good points about signing Read long-term and not giving away everything for Bernier, but I would probably trade Stoll and slot in Vey as the third center.
I think we could get a huge return for Stoll.
I don't think it would happen but if Brier gets bought out and would sign for cheap he sure would look good on the 3rd line. I just don't think Vey is ready.
If/when DL sign Bud it will create a domino effect.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:58 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Like I've been saying for a while now, if we sign Holloway, expect Dean to take a deal not involving a roster player for Bernier. That means no Read.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:59 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I don't think it would happen but if Brier gets bought out and would sign for cheap he sure would look good on the 3rd line. I just don't think Vey is ready.
Eklund just reported that Briere will get bought out. But, it's Eklund.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
He has really good Flyers connections. I would believe it

Old
06-17-2013, 05:04 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I think it is less Vey being ready as in being ready to take over for what Stoll does.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Perro

Quote:
I think briere and bryz will both get bought out, what I think is a long shot is Briere coming to LA.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I think it is less Vey being ready as in being ready to take over for what Stoll does.
Stoll is a good leader, can win faceoffs and is pretty good at killing penalties. Should he be making over 3 million to do that? I like intangibles as much as the next guy, but let's be serious about this in a salary cap. If you slot Vey in for Stoll or separate Richards/Carter...I don't think the team takes a big hit there.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:24 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Stoll is a good leader, can win faceoffs and is pretty good at killing penalties. Should he be making over 3 million to do that? I like intangibles as much as the next guy, but let's be serious about this in a salary cap. If you slot Vey in for Stoll or separate Richards/Carter...I don't think the team takes a big hit there.
But also with the cap you don't pay a third line center 5.5M. Which is what the average of Richards/Carter is. And it is not just that Stoll wins faceoffs. He is takes the second most on the team and has the highest win percentage doing so. The amount of faceoffs Richards/Carter took this whole year was about equal to what Stoll took.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
But also with the cap you don't pay a third line center 5.5M. Which is what the average of Richards/Carter is. And it is not just that Stoll wins faceoffs. He is takes the second most on the team and has the highest win percentage doing so. The amount of faceoffs Richards/Carter took this whole year was about equal to what Stoll took.
If it is Edmonton you pay $5mil for a 3rd line centre.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:41 PM
damacles1156

You are not going to find a player that will replace Stoll's play for 3m....

Vey is not there.....Yet.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:54 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You are not going to find a player that will replace Stoll's play for 3m....

Vey is not there.....Yet.
I'm with you. But there seems to be many here who think Stoll doesn't do anything or not things close to what we are paying him for. And I think Vey is ready just not ready to try and take over for what Stoll does.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Are people really that ******** about Holloway? He felt that he wasn't treated well when the Kings left him in Manchester and wanted to ensure that he could make some money. He had great years in Sweden arguably playing against better competition than in the AHL. If he's ready to come back and Lombardi is willing to listen, this guy could seriously help us on the second or third line.

I'm baffled that anyone wouldn't want someone on this team that would help the team excel.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Holloway - Richards - Carter
Lewis - Stoll - Toffoli

That's a killer top nine.
I think King has that 3rd line LW spot. No way a Sutter teams puts a 3rd line like that out.

King-Stoll-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan

This way everyone is playing there natural position and the grit is spread around evenly.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:11 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I think King has that 3rd line LW spot. No way a Sutter teams puts a 3rd line like that out.

King-Stoll-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan

This way everyone is playing there natural position and the grit is spread around evenly.
Actually the 3rd line left wing lewis is actually better. King barely plays with much grit so it's a no brained lewis should take his spot.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Actually the 3rd line left wing lewis is actually better. King barely plays with much grit so it's a no brained lewis should take his spot.
Lewis is a RW/C. He rarely plays LW.

Why take Kings' size (even though he barely uses it) out and put a speedster out of position to play alongside a rookie.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Lewis is a RW/C. He rarely plays LW.

Why take Kings' size (even though he barely uses it) out and put a speedster out of position to play alongside a rookie.
If he barely uses his size how can it still be considered losing size?

Old
06-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Johnny Utah

Our team was known, even before the championship run, was known as a team of size that played hard along the boards and cycled. Even with Brown, Simmonds, Handzus, Smyth, Poni, etc. we had those type of players spread through out the line-up.

Last year, each line had a big forward....Brown, Penner, King and Nolan.

Now, all of a sudden we are creating lines with Lewis and Toffoli playing out of position on the same line? Who drives to the net or plays hard in the corners on that line? Stoll is a center and is coming off a concussion. Have you seen Lewis in street clothes? And you want him playing with a 20-21 year old who is not know for his physical game. Where does King fit now?

Guarantee you, King still has his 3rd line spot next season. He had 2 goals in the post season and did not sit out one game.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Richie10

Quote:
Our team was known, even before the championship run, was known as a team of size that played hard along the boards and cycled. Even with Brown, Simmonds, Handzus, Smyth, Poni, etc. we had those type of players spread through out the line-up.

Now, all of a sudden we are creating lines with Lewis and Toffoli playing out of position on the same line? Who drives to the net or plays hard in the corners on that line? Stoll is a center and is coming off a concussion. Have you seen Lewis in street clothes? And you want him playing with a 20-21 year old who is not know for his physical game. Where does King fit now?

Guarantee you, King still has his 3rd line spot next season. He had 2 goals in the post season and did not sit out one game.
Unfortunately.jpg

Old
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

I agree. Just like we line our D pairings with an SAH and a PMD our forward lines all have one big banger one skilled pivot and one sniping wing or ideally so.

King/Stoll/Lewis sounds like a good line to me. We have King to at least go out and get in the way on LW and use his size as a sort of stop gap to slow our opponents down in a worst case scenario and maybe he will improve on what we already had. I mean 7 goals shouldn't be too hard to replace.

I like our lines going into next season. I even like them if we have to rely on Pearson to play LW in our top 6.

What we need is a big tough winger that scares people on our bottom 6. I like Clifford and Nolan but would really like to see Andy Andy get his chance on a line with them. Not that Andy is a giant but he hits and has allot of grit to go along with his skills.

Closed Thread